• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

morninggloryseed said:
Trying to find a new (to me) psychedelic to try this weekend for a hike. But I think we will stick with psilacetin. It seems like one of the few tryptamines that would be complimentary to daylight....normally I only take tryptamines at night.

Gosh, I loved that stuff so much I doubt I'll even bother taking the pure psilocin.
I've only used aMT HCl once orally since getting it; for me, aMT's psychedelic virtues are made apparent mostly in combinations (best for me: aMT/4-AcO-DMT and aMT/DPT, for different reasons), and in every combination I've tried, using it IM has not had any psychedelically diminutive effects as compared to the same combinations when aMT was taken orally. Contrarily, the reduced dose (20mg in two 10mg doses over an hour for psychedelia), reduced time of influence (around 8-10hrs for 20mg IM), and reduced onset time (about 1-1.5hrs to plateau) not only makes the experience more economical and accomodating, but reduces or eliminates the body/head/jaw aches that sometimes come from so many extra hours of muscle tension via the oral route. There is slightly more anxiety during the onset, but no nausea (for me, not everyone apparently).

Have you taken 4-AcO-DMT by itself yet, or are you basing your belief off of your combo with MDMA? Incidently, I prefer 4-AcO-DMT to psilocin, and do find it deeply euphoric and MDMA-like in its own right. Though I've never done the combo, it's still difficult to imagine subtracting out MDMA and discerning 4-AcO-DMT's singular character based only off a one time experience of them together on a special occassion like a birthday. Hope it goes well in any case.

For those that have tried the 4-AcO-DMT/AMT combo, what is the best time you have found to take the 4-AcO-DMT? Also what dosage ratio?

I took ~40mg of AMT a few hours ago and might want to try the combo later. I think around 10mg of 4-AcO-DMT could be a decent dose...

Take it either right before the peak, or in the peak somewhere. You can take it on the plateau also, but it doesn't blend together as well. But it's still nice.

No, I've not taken it by itself. I am basing it on my other 'flipping' experiences...but I am still confident I have a pretty good idea of what it is like. Either way, I'll find out this weekend (probably) what psilacetin is like (without MDMA and ketamine.)

Thanks for the B-day wishes. It is actually this weekend, but we could not find anyone to watch the birds/fish/hamster/sugar-glider so we had to go camping last weekend.

psood0nym said:
Have you taken 4-AcO-DMT by itself yet, or are you basing your belief off of your combo with MDMA? Incidently, I prefer 4-AcO-DMT to psilocin, and do find it deeply euphoric and MDMA-like in its own right. Though I've never done the combo, it's still difficult to imagine subtracting out MDMA and discerning 4-AcO-DMT's singular character based only off a one time experience of them together on a special occassion like a birthday. Hope it goes well in any case.

Is there anymore info about on AMT related deaths? I found the erowid page but it wasn't very revealing, 3 reported cases none of which are confirmed or elaborated on.

The only related info i could find here was http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=62132 which doesn't really shed any light.

There seems to be more info on 5-MeO-AMT hospitalisations/deaths, which i guess is understandable as the dosage for 5-MeO-AMT is only a few mg's.

Obviously 5-MeO-DIPT causes deaths but are the two similar enough for AMT to share any of 5-MeO-DIPT's traits? From my reading the answer would be no and AMT sounds pretty safe within the dosage and beyond. I couldn't find any information on LD-50 which i guess is not surprising.

Anyone know more? :\

Thanks.

What do you mean 'traits'? AMT is a monoamine releaser and a HT2a agonist. It is also a weak MAOI (on the order of amphetamine). It could potentially cause serotonin syndrome if a high enough dose was taken I suppose with other drugs.

Amberthefrog said:
Anyone know more? :\

Thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could die from AMT because it's such a potent releaser of monoamines, and along with the combination of 5HT2a agonism you'd have a big elevation of body temperature along with blood pressure and heart rate.. The LD50 is also low in mice and rats:
38 mg/kg i.p. in mice and 22 mg/kg orally in rats. (Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 4, 547 (1962)) (Rats are better indicators of human response than mice)

Granted that may seem high if you directly convert it to a human weight, but usually human lethal doses are only a fraction of that. Because of the long duration there's a bigger risk of ischemic or cardiac events too (sleeplessness increases blood pressure itself).

i suppose it also depends on the way your body/mind handles the chemical. I find i can get up to 70mg without too many side effects, but i find some people can find the physical side effects bad at only half that dose. I have heard anecdotal reports of people taking upto 150mg and being ok, but that still doesn't give the reason to take that much, as 40-50mg is pretty much an optimal dose for me.

If you mixed it with alot of MDMA i could see a cause for concern, i have mixed upto 150mg of MDMA with it and found i got quite hot.. I would suggest against using it with alot of MDMA, most of the AMT deaths was contributed by MDMA injestion :\

Personally if I take a dose at about 40mg or under, I get very few side effects. Moving up to 60 or 70mg, I begin to sweat a lot, especially from the feet and palms. That can be annoying, but other than that, it just gets speedy and euphoric. The speediness I get from AMT is a rather sedate speediness, really not much like amphetamine, which makes me really restless.

Overall, in terms of reward vs. side effects, this one has the best ratio of anything I've found. Well, of anything beyond marijuana.

^^^Hey Xorkoth, I just got done reading one of your AMT trip reports on erowid in which you would convert the freebase to the hcl for in a shot glass of water with two drops of 30% hydrochloric acid and then plug. Anyway, I just want to know if you have to convert AMT to hcl salt form to plug, or if you can just plug the freebase? Thanks mang!

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found where you already covered this specific topic in the B&D plugging thread - I am just hesitant about injesting muriatic acid. Nevertheless, thank you for the info sir.

Last edited:
Boognish said:
I am just hesitant about injesting muriatic acid. Nevertheless, thank you for the info sir.
Yeah... if I can avoid it I don't injest/inject pool cleaner either. If you're just using it orally or plugging, a little white vinegar should do the trick fine. To be honest, even with muriatic acid, at the right ph you'd probably be fine. It certainly doesn't have any bacteria in it-- just test it with some easily attainable litmus paper (don't go too far below 3.4; if DMT conversion is an appropriate metric, it may take longer to convert, but it should still convert at that level eventually or with heat). But if possible you're better going with lab grade or medical grade acid. If you're converting for injection, it's better to use a weaker acid like PURE citric acid too, so if you overshoot your concentration there's less risk of damaging your muscle tissue or veins. If you can't get it from a science site or lab, I think you might be able to get it by contacting a needle exchange program. Some of them keep individual packets of the stuff for heroin user's conversions.

One thing I'm curious about though is whether there would be a metabolic difference between different salts of aMT like there seems to be between the freebase and the HCl (more nausea, jitters, headaches with the freebase). The salt's water solubility seems like the most relevant factor, but does anyone know any reason why, for instance, aMT hydrochloride might be different than aMT citrate or acetate beyond the potency by weight? I ask because the HCl is very gentle on the body for me compared to the freebase, but a friend experienced significant nausea with the citrate (first time aMT use). Probably just physiology...

Last edited:
SugarGliderWCS1_U22Spice.jpg

And we are going to have two of them as of this weekend. They are very social animals and need a lot of attention....and with the birds I just don't have the time to play with him (plus they are nocturnal) so we are going to get him a mate. Sorry to go OT. Back to a-MT.

Fishface said:
I have to ask: what is a sugar-glider? :)

One thing I'm curious about though is whether there would be a metabolic difference between different salts of aMT like there seems to be between the freebase and the HCl (more nausea, jitters, headaches with the freebase). The salt's water solubility seems like the most relevant factor, but does anyone know any reason why, for instance, aMT hydrochloride might be different than aMT citrate or acetate beyond the potency by weight? I ask because the HCl is very gentle on the body for me compared to the freebase, but a friend experienced significant nausea with the citrate (first time aMT use). Probably just physiology...

Orally there'll be bog all difference because as soon as either the freebase or citrate/tartrate/organic acid salt hits the stomach it is converted to the hydrochloride either by neutralization (freebase) or the displacement of the organic acid by hydrochloric acid present in the stomach (that is essential to digestion of proteins). Even with say a 75mg dose, there's not enough to have any decernable effect on the pH of the stomach by any significant amount

morninggloryseed said:
SugarGliderWCS1_U22Spice.jpg

And we are going to have two of them as of this weekend. They are very social animals and need a lot of attention....and with the birds I just don't have the time to play with him (plus they are nocturnal) so we are going to get him a mate. Sorry to go OT. Back to a-MT.

Those are so cute. :) I'm envious.

last week I tried ~40mg of AMT and found it less enjoyable than the ~30mg dose I took the week previous. There was an uncomfortable feeling of stimulation that made me want to constantly stretch. I felt a bit like I wanted to "crawl out of my skin". Although I would describe the effects as "overstimulation", it was also quite lethargic. It had similarities with DOC in that respect.

I still think its quite a useful chemical and look forward to testing it again.

Has anyone tried taking 2C-B whilst on aMT? I havn't ever tried this but it would be interesting. i was thinking taking it hours into the experience (5 hours??)

Anyone else tried this combo?

^ Tried ketamine with AMT while playing in the mud (festival) last week - totally ripped me from my surroundings, so much so that I ended up apologizing to zophen for whatever I did while in his tent (not a clue what I actually did, just that I should apologize). Luckily he was very good natured in his response so I don't think it was too outlandish (or he's waiting & plotting his revenge! =D)

I'd previously combined 25mg of AMT with 80mg of IM S-ketamine and thought it wonderful: On reflection though, 75mg of AMT (staggered as 25mg every 90 mis to reduce nausea & overcome slight tolerance) followed 6 hours later by 160mg IM was just blatent drug-piggery. It was the last night though...

(I know, any fuckin' excuse :D)

Bare_head said:
Has anyone tried taking 2C-B whilst on aMT? I havn't ever tried this but it would be interesting. i was thinking taking it hours into the experience (5 hours??)

Anyone else tried this combo?

I have. It added to the pleasantness and euphoria somewhat, but not as much as I had expected. It was still nice though. Also, I had my third +4 experience on AMT, 2C-B, and 4-AcO-DMT. I doubt the 2C-B had much to do with it, but it obviously influenced the trip.