• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

can you sniff ativan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesmdow

Bluelighter
following suit of le junk's thread on valium, im wondering if i can sniff my ativans?

yes, I'm fairly sure you can. well i know you can, but I'm pretty sure it will work just as good. i think i remember reading an article about the nasal bioavailability of benzos and there were like 2 or 3 that work just as good if not better snorted, and somethings making me think ativan was one of them.

but then again, i could be completely wrong on this one

You can snort it, but the problem is all that extra powder is going to probably block a bit of that 0.5 - 2mg from absorbing. It does give you a quick and strong peak, but it drops off quickly as well.

Ineffecient, IMO.

yea, i meant was it WORTH it to sniff.

i just got a scrip, and ive never sniffed a benzo before.

ativan already lasts short enough.. i dont want it any shorter!

I've heard from others that snorting it brings on more drug-like effects, although it's still a pill...was meant to be swallowed.

wesmdow said:
yea, i meant was it WORTH it to sniff.

i just got a scrip, and ive never sniffed a benzo before.

ativan already lasts short enough.. i dont want it any shorter!

No its not really worth it to snort it. The only popular benzos that work well snorted are flurazepam (Dalmane), midazolam (Dormicum), and loprazolam. Xanax can also be effectively snorted but its not better than oral administration really. I think its actually better oral/sublingual than snorted but you can snort it. IMO lorazepam is not really recreational. It makes me a little calm but thats about it.

d g said:
I've heard from others that snorting it brings on more drug-like effects, although it's still a pill...was meant to be swallowed.

Why does every say its meant to be swallowed when someone asks a simple question about the effectiveness about different modes of adminstration for pills. Obviously he/she knows that its a pill and people generally swallow pills but that doesnt mean that thats all they should be used for. Thats just being ignorant.

Not to stir trouble, but I was clearly stating a fact that I heard from others it brings it in, and stating an opinion that they were meant to be swallowed, no harm done.

and lyserg, i personally find ativan quite recreational... to each their own.

i like the visual effects it gives me.

wesmdow said:
and lyserg, i personally find ativan quite recreational... to each their own.

i like the visual effects it gives me.

I wasnt saying that its not recreational at all but its just my opinion that in comparison to other benzos it doesnt give me any euphoria. To me it just seems like if you wanna hallucinate/trip, you should take a psychedelic.

^It seems the people that trip of Ativan don't like it very much. I don't trip, and Ativan is one of my favorites...

lyserg said:
I wasnt saying that its not recreational at all but its just my opinion that in comparison to other benzos it doesnt give me any euphoria. To me it just seems like if you wanna hallucinate/trip, you should take a psychedelic.

o i am not looking for a trip-- i know what im getting into and im pretty experienced with ativan, ive just never considered sniffing it.

i know better than to try and trip from benzos 8)

btw i sniffed 2mg and ate 4, the drip is WONDERFUL, and it did have an effect.

id say its about the same as eating it, but it doesnt hurt at all and the drip tastes really good, like sugar.

its fun. :)

ive heard lorazepam is one of the few benzo's that are water soluble enough to be good to snort

yes, lorazepam has nasal bioavlability of 72%. i think the highest of all of them.
oral 90+%....

Lorazepam tastes really good too me, so I would always chew up the pills and let them dissolve sublingiuly.

i recommend sniffing them if you have sufficient quantity and you like ativanl

theres more of a rush, and the drip is really awsome.

you should also eat some so you get the full effect.

but if youve got lots of extras, sniffing a few mg really is fun.

I apologize if any of this has been gone over before in this thread, here's my experience.

After checking the Bioavailability/Half-life thread, I found that

Lorazepam: 78% intranasal

In order to test that, I insufflated two .5 mg Ativans. I have only taken about 8 mg alprazolam and this lorazepam over the past year = no tolerance.

I wouldn't call it a "rush," but I did feel a little faster. And yes, the primary "benzo" effects did wear off quickly.

I'm thinking of upping that dosage to 2 mgs. Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.