• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

can you sniff ativan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScreamingE said:
I apologize if any of this has been gone over before in this thread, here's my experience.

After checking the Bioavailability/Half-life thread, I found that

Lorazepam: 78% intranasal

In order to test that, I insufflated two .5 mg Ativans. I have only taken about 8 mg alprazolam and this lorazepam over the past year = no tolerance.

I wouldn't call it a "rush," but I did feel a little faster. And yes, the primary "benzo" effects did wear off quickly.

I'm thinking of upping that dosage to 2 mgs. Good idea?

Yes it would be fine to increase the dosage. Most generic ativans are as small as dilaudid so its barely any binders compared to other pills. Thats why its ok to snort but i would just take it orally since the bioavailability is higher that way.

Thanks, Lyserg.

Up the nose went 2 mg Ativan. I was definitely more relaxed; I didn't want to do anything. It was far from bad, however. I fumbled around crushing all 4 pills, though; that is what two bowls can do to a man.

i find that sniffing it works very well.... i tried it again, probably for the last time because i ran out, and 5mg was awsome.

theres definitely more of a 'rush' than when swallowed.

chewing the pills, or breaking them up or just swallowing is all going to ur stomach and will dissolve just as fast and basically IMO doing all that fancy stuff wont make the buzz any better just swallow the pill, they dissolve pretty damn fast

WTF! a 2 year old thread brought back. Even worse, its a fucking stupid snorting benzos thread. dont snort benzos. Its been said millions of times here. UTFSE!!!

And when you use the search, dont add to a 2 year old thread. It will just end up closed or derailed.

As was requested by will, bringing up dead threads is annoying when the newest post is just rehasing what has just been said. This mainly gets done by new users, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you all aren't just increasing your post count.

Bringing an old thread back is OK if there is some development that is applicable, or a question that belongs in the thread; but snorting benzos has been covered a lot. And I mean a lot. 8)

are you sure you can snort ativan? isn;t that like snorting xanax, wasteful?

^^^
All benzos (xanax, ativan, valium, etc) have a lower nasal bioavailability compared to oral bioavailability. It is wasteful.

william1985 said:
WTF! a 2 year old thread brought back. Even worse, its a fucking stupid snorting benzos thread. dont snort benzos. Its been said millions of times here. UTFSE!!!

And when you use the search, dont add to a 2 year old thread. It will just end up closed or derailed.

Hee-hee...you said "railed"....

wesmdow said:
ativan already lasts short enough.. i dont want it any shorter!
You shall therefore eat it! And drink grapefruit juice to prolong plasma concentration levels.

Just snifed some ativan,, its straight duder......and yea ativan is straight up the nose...its a little misty

Do not snort it..Such a waste..jsut take them orally. They have a good bio anyway. Sniffing any benzo is waste witht he exception of midazolam.

Status
Not open for further replies.