• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting suboxone, not too good on my nose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Don't listen to that guy. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

If the pills aren't breaking down, try crushing them up in a folded up piece of paper, then funneling the powder into your mouth and under your tongue. This is actually a good way for everyone to do it because you won't have to wait for it to start dissolving on it's own. A solid pill will take much longer to break down. It's the same logic behind parachuting a drug. Breaking it down ahead of time cuts out a lot of work for your stomach since it would take longer for a whole pill to break down and absorb in your stomach compared to an already crushed pill.

Surface area, baby. Increase the surface area, you increase the rate of absorption.

^ Don't listen to that guy. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

If the pills aren't breaking down, try crushing them up in a folded up piece of paper, then funneling the powder into your mouth and under your tongue. This is actually a good way for everyone to do it because you won't have to wait for it to start dissolving on it's own. A solid pill will take much longer to break down. It's the same logic behind parachuting a drug. Breaking it down ahead of time cuts out a lot of work for your stomach since it would take longer for a whole pill to break down and absorb in your stomach compared to an already crushed pill.

Surface area, baby. Increase the surface area, you increase the rate of absorption.

Should I be concerned that there could be something potentially wrong with the pill itself though? I definitely want to be sure I'm getting all the buprenorphine that should be there...

Nah, there's nothing wrong with your pills. They might just be a bit harder for some reason, but I doubt they have any less drug than they are supposed to. Shit like that is tightly regulated.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with your pills. They might just be a bit harder for some reason, but I doubt they have any less drug than they are supposed to. Shit like that is tightly regulated.
Well what if they had been sitting around for longer then they were supposed to, or kept in poor temperature areas etc? Can't that kind of stuff change the molecular structure?

Poor temperatures can, but they would have to be extreme conditions that pharmaceutical drugs won't be subjected to unless in the hands of a patient. Shipping centers and pharmacies keep that stuff tightly controlled.

Also, most pharmaceuticals - with the exception of things like antibiotics - have a shelf life longer than humans; they'll be about the some potency long after you and I are dead. Expiration dates are only given to appease the FDA who demand an expiration date be put on anything for human consumption.

While I realize that snorting suboxone is not a healthy behavior, I have tried that, as well as the sublingual method, and I too found the effects to be more pronounced and enjoyable when insufflated than when taken under the tongue, and last just as long (note, I am not taking suboxone because of any previous opioid dependancy). I do agree though, that snorting more than 1 mg at a time for someone w/ little or no tolerance can be unpleasant.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...rid=4421&md5=a7b023ea58b3325474123c50b454bf45

If I read this right, this article put the nasal bioavailability of buprenorphine at 48% for humans and 70% in sheep. However the discrepancy may be the result of differing equipment used for administration (see article). Wikipedia has the sublingual bioavaiability of buprenorphine at ~50-60% in "high-dose pill" format, but at 30% when administered in ethanolic solution. Since the sheep and human studies were administered with a polyethylene glycol solution, its possible that since the variation in administration technique makes so much difference, the nasal BA might be the same as or close to the sublingual, which would fit mine (and others) experiences.

Plugging it is even better ^^

But i know this is an old thread, but if your getting high on suboxone, you don't need more then 2-3mgs. Less is always more with the subs.

I always snort sub's!

I snort my subs everyday, you have the same mucus membraines in your nose as you have under your toungue.it werks for meee!

I was obviously doing way too much (2 mg lines, 8 mg within a few mins), which is most likely why I got a congested head, headache and chest pains the day after.

Another issue that affects your physical health is inhaling the pill dust into your lungs. If you're experiencing CHEST PAINS after snorting Suboxone, chances are you're seriously harming your airways and not just your nose. IMO, it's a far greater cause for concern than any potential damage to the nose, yet it is rarely mentioned and most people don't even realize as it happens. One obvious way to tell if this is happening is if after snorting the pill powder in, you exhale out any dust from your mouth. Also, pay attention to see if you have any difficultly inhaling easily or feel the need to stop inhaling/exhale prematurely (like when you take a large bong rip) during insufflation of the powder, as these are sure signs that pill dust is entering your lungs and irritating them. If so, I would advise quick, deep breathing in and out of the mouth in an attempt to expel any unsettled dust from your lungs.

Pills that are designed to be taken sublingually are easier to crush and result in an extremely fine powder compared to oral (especially time-release) formulations like OxyContin, which is nearly impossible to crush as finely as Suboxone. Such fine powders will stay airborne longer than those which are more coarse. Because of this, snorting pills like Suboxone will cause a significant amount of pill dust to be inhaled into the lungs, whereas snorting crushed OxyContin is less (although still somewhat) hazardous because a greater percentage of the pill will settle in the nasal cavities/throat before reaching the lungs.

[As a side note, pound for pound (hopefully not that much though), inhaling OxyContin dust is much worse than Suboxone dust [I'd imagine] because OxyContin contains TALC, which is EXTREMELY BAD for your lungs. If I remember correctly, talc is carcinogenic (causes cancer) and cannot be removed by the body once inside your lungs, although this could be incorrect or inaccurate. I am also assuming Suboxone doesn't contain talc because it's sublingual and almost entirely soluble, and talc is insoluble. If anyone knows definitively, DO TELL!]

Regardless, dust of any kind is inherently dangerous to breathe, but is to some degree an inevitability; this is why we have hair in our nose and only breathe through our mouths during activities like strenuous exercise (or taking a break from sucking dick for crack). The nasal passage functions as a sort of "air filter" by trapping dust, dirt, hair, and other airborne particles before they reach the lungs. But when you purposely inhale a large amount of very fine material into your nostril(s) all at once, the nose's filtering ability is significantly reduced, if not almost entirely eliminated, especially when repeated on a daily basis for extended periods of time.

Basically, if you experience chest pain after snorting Suboxone, it's probably because you're inhaling powdered Suboxone into your lungs, causing all sorts of damage and irritation.

As far as advice, try dissolving the pills in a nasal spray solution and squirting/dropping it into your nose. In fact, if you're gonna dissolve them, try filtering out the insolubles using a coffee filter, and see if you can find a way to get all that nasty sugar out while you're at it. Hopefully this helps someone...

I do between 1/4 and 1/2 of a 8mg pill of suboxone a day, insuffulated. Problem is that when I go to sleep at night and lay down, both nostrils usually become extremely plugged. It doesnt help that I have allergies that even when I'm not doing subs that my nose is rarely clear. But it sucks hard to have completely stuffed nostrils. Basically I can't breathe out of them at night (if I was ever tied up and had my mouth taped, I'd die cause I couldn't breathe!! 8o ).

It's not bad during the day, in fact right now I can breathe nearly completely out of my nose... just when I lay down they clog way up. What happens at night from breathing through my mouth, my mouth gets extremely dry in like 30 minutes. So when my nostrils are very plugged, I have a hard time getting any sleep (like last night was bad, I got like 4 hours of sleep) cause I'm always waking up to get a swig of water.

Now you might say, "well don't snort them dumbass!". Yeah I know, in fact its probably not good for the nasal membranes and nose for other reasons than they clog up. But for my money and for the buzz, I find snorting to be much better than the sublingual method.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else gets this and if theres any meds or sprays that help. Since I have allergies, I get Zyrtec and Singular. Previously it seemed like they helped but now neither does much for the completely stuffed up nose. I also get Nasonex spray but it doesnt do anything for a stuffed up nose.

Anything OTC? Or would something like a humidifer in my room be helpful?

Hell last night was so bad I got up in the middle of the night after not sleeping at all to use some sort of special Nasal Rinse. It didnt hardly do a thing! I think it was so plugged that it couldnt penetrate. At times I've gone to the 'frig and ate little dabs of hot sauce, cause that shit definitely opens up the nose.

u ever try using a clamp hose to make it finer? it works perfect on ocxys

how in the hell do u get high on subs? never heard it till now. i thought it was a opiot blocker. my doctor told me i can take 3 8mgs of subs and it wouldnt affect me in any way and i could take as many oxycontins i want and cant od on them. is that true or is he just b.s. me? another question.i know subs have naloxone in it and thats the blocker,i just dont understand how u get high on naloxone(narcan) and remember subs has naloxone in it and subitec dont. excuse my spelling. and to blacklabel u say none of the nasal sprays work for u why not try it like this;(i cant believe im saying this) i see people smashing a oxcycontin by using a hose clamp cuz it made it finer maybe it might help with the subs and use alittle drip of water to loosen it up better after u snort it. if it dont work use alittle bit more water drips. it just might work. enjoy and be safe cuz i never heard of anyone snorting subs!dont narcan take the high away?if so well thats what naloxone is.(a blocker)so i cant understand how peeps get high off of subs. curious minds wanna know!

Snorting

i been in suboxone threatment for like 9 months, and been getting 16mg everyday under my tongue. And ive been doing little h, for some times in that 9 months also. And i just now tried to snort my suboxone, after reading this thread. I took 1 8mg and breaked it in 2, and chrushed that 2 to powder. First i snorted the first4mg, and like 30-40mins after i snorted the last. And now i actually feel a little highness. :)

how in the hell do u get high on subs? never heard it till now. i thought it was a opiot blocker. my doctor told me i can take 3 8mgs of subs and it wouldnt affect me in any way and i could take as many oxycontins i want and cant od on them. is that true or is he just b.s. me? another question.i know subs have naloxone in it and thats the blocker,i just dont understand how u get high on naloxone(narcan) and remember subs has naloxone in it and subitec dont. excuse my spelling. and to blacklabel u say none of the nasal sprays work for u why not try it like this;(i cant believe im saying this) i see people smashing a oxcycontin by using a hose clamp cuz it made it finer maybe it might help with the subs and use alittle drip of water to loosen it up better after u snort it. if it dont work use alittle bit more water drips. it just might work. enjoy and be safe cuz i never heard of anyone snorting subs!dont narcan take the high away?if so well thats what naloxone is.(a blocker)so i cant understand how peeps get high off of subs. curious minds wanna know!

Yes the naloxone is a opiod blocker and if you hsve been taking h and taking subs the naloxone will go on the receptors and kick the h away from them and you will get sick but if the naloxone is on your receptors the h will kick it away if u use it and when you get high from subs its because the bup is stronger than the naloxone

I guess its worth nothing here that because of very hard subs, I had some "unusual" complications in the form of absorbing waaaaay too much because I was keeping the juice under my tongue for way way too long. This seems like a god send, but once you adjust to subs and they don't do anything anymore, and if you are me, you end up with an impacted colon from too much subs. They also ODed me.... Put me on 16 mgs to start with which was fine for a couple of days, then it built up in my system and I pulled up to school to go to class... ended up hurling everywhere in the parking lot, barely being able to drive home, and having to sleep for a day and a half until I wasnt sick anymore... YAY SUBOXONE! They couldn't figure out why I asked to be put on a light benzo to detox and threw the last script at them. I threw a fit in the DR's office. I hate suboxone, but the point of this is to be careful keeping that juice and undisolved pill under your tounge forever like that.

Snorting Suboxone is stronger, but just isn't a sensible strategy for maintenance. It's going to clog your nose, making you breathe through your mouth when you sleep, which is bad for your teeth (dry mouth) and lungs (nose hairs filter the air). You are inhaling some powdered pill dust into your lungs, as well. For me it seemed like it didn't last as long if snorted, either. Just get into the habit of taking it sublingually. You might need to adjust your dose a bit higher to get the same effect. When you take it sublingually, leave the saliva under your tongue after the pill dissolves for about half an hour, it will be much stronger than just swallowing it after the pill is dissolved (but not necessarily absorbed).

drip tastes like oranges. Nose candy taken to the extreme... good times with suboxone. i'm trying to get a script if anyone can offer up some advice i'd love a pm on the matter.

Don't snort subs. I don't care how many people tell you they do/did for how long, your nose will thank you in the long run. I snorted subs for a couple months until the inside of my nose started bleeding and thinning out to a scary level.

Whoa dude I hope you aint still listening to that same doctor!! LOL. First of all someone with no tolerance can get extremely high from subone!! Speaking from experience I was hooked on opiates for a couple years and when I first started Sub I got really high the first couple days. I realize everyone is different and not everyone will get high when going on subs some do. Also if u took 3 8mg subs u sure as hell would feel them if u r not on sub maintenence. ALSO, FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT, U CAN OD ON OTHER OPIATES WHILE ON SUBS. U MAY NOT FEEL THE HIGH BUT U CAN STILL OD. THATS Y SO MANY PEOPLE DIE FROM TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH THE SUBOXONE BARRIER. B CAREFUL MY FRIEND AND B SMART!!%)

Snorting Suboxone is stronger, but just isn't a sensible strategy for maintenance. It's going to clog your nose, making you breathe through your mouth when you sleep, which is bad for your teeth (dry mouth) and lungs (nose hairs filter the air). You are inhaling some powdered pill dust into your lungs, as well. For me it seemed like it didn't last as long if snorted, either. Just get into the habit of taking it sublingually. You might need to adjust your dose a bit higher to get the same effect. When you take it sublingually, leave the saliva under your tongue after the pill dissolves for about half an hour, it will be much stronger than just swallowing it after the pill is dissolved (but not necessarily absorbed).

:)Ya when I snort my sub it seems to work 10x better than sublingual. When under my tongue it would kick in and seem 2 just give me a slight body buzz with no mental effects. No mental effects=no craving reduction for me since I used opiates solely for the euphoria that they brought on. When I started snorting the Subs I really cannot say that I got blatant euphoria it seemed to boost my mood just enough for me to not crave opiates. true it does not last as long however I have to use at least 8mg sublingual, I only need 2 mg nasal! I think it works way better than sublingual so much so that I am working on making a subby nose spray8o

I myself snort the suboxone and my nose doesn't do that.
So it may be something else wrong, try some
of those things that go across your nose to help
you breath at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.