Bluelight

Thread: Snorting suboxone, not too good on my nose!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
  1. Collapse Details
    Snorting suboxone, not too good on my nose! 
    #1
    I do between 1/4 and 1/2 of a 8mg pill of suboxone a day, insuffulated. Problem is that when I go to sleep at night and lay down, both nostrils usually become extremely plugged. It doesnt help that I have allergies that even when I'm not doing subs that my nose is rarely clear. But it sucks hard to have completely stuffed nostrils. Basically I can't breathe out of them at night (if I was ever tied up and had my mouth taped, I'd die cause I couldn't breathe!! ).

    It's not bad during the day, in fact right now I can breathe nearly completely out of my nose... just when I lay down they clog way up. What happens at night from breathing through my mouth, my mouth gets extremely dry in like 30 minutes. So when my nostrils are very plugged, I have a hard time getting any sleep (like last night was bad, I got like 4 hours of sleep) cause I'm always waking up to get a swig of water.


    Now you might say, "well don't snort them dumbass!". Yeah I know, in fact its probably not good for the nasal membranes and nose for other reasons than they clog up. But for my money and for the buzz, I find snorting to be much better than the sublingual method.


    So I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else gets this and if theres any meds or sprays that help. Since I have allergies, I get Zyrtec and Singular. Previously it seemed like they helped but now neither does much for the completely stuffed up nose. I also get Nasonex spray but it doesnt do anything for a stuffed up nose.

    Anything OTC? Or would something like a humidifer in my room be helpful?

    Hell last night was so bad I got up in the middle of the night after not sleeping at all to use some sort of special Nasal Rinse. It didnt hardly do a thing! I think it was so plugged that it couldnt penetrate. At times I've gone to the 'frig and ate little dabs of hot sauce, cause that shit definitely opens up the nose.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    bump
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter Gary Gnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In a box
    Posts
    460
    Drug basics?

    Snorting pills is not healthy.
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    If you have generic buprenorphine then snorting would be effective (more effective if you get rid of all the binders and fillers); buuuut (correct me if I'm wrong) brand name Suboxone contains buprenorphine (partial agonist) AND naloxone (antagonist).
    This is to protect against abuse, when you use Suboxone sublingually, most of the naloxone doesn't reach your blood stream, so you will feel an opiate buzz because of the buprenorphine, but if you ingest the full pill at once you will likely feel nothing at all and possibly be sent into withdrawl (not sure?) because of the antagonist.
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    ^ nah. the only way the naloxone will do anything is if its IVed. Snorting will not 'activate' the naloxone.
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Bluelighter PARooolller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,454
    Snorting anything will eventually most likely lead to a deviated septum which is no fun. I have a deviated septum on the right side of my nose when I got punched in the face and sometimes my nostril entirely closes. Your nose wasn't meant to sniff any foreign substance, so I recommend that you stop and hope that your septum recovers and returns to its normal state.
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Hey mate, I dont know if you are still on SMT, but it may not be the suboxone clogging your nose. If it is fine during the day, but the symptoms occur when you lay down, it is most likley related to a sinus problem.

    I had the problem for about 6 months. At the time I was snorting OC, and hydromorph. I was fine in the day, but when I layed down, instant clogging of the nostrils. The symptoms worsened. AS you said it is very annoying to breath through your mouth to sleep.(dry mouth being the main reason)


    I went to see a specialist, and low and behold, I had a very large benign tumor the size of a plum in my right cheeckbone sinus cavity. It ran thru my nostrils completly clogging them, and hung down the back of my throat, impairing my speech due to the fact that my tongue would hit the tumor instead of the roof of my mouth. This caused me to not be able to complete syllables and made my speech very goofy with certain words.



    so maybe you should go get it checked out.

    It really fucked up my sleep and was extremly bothersome, and created some very fucking uncomfortable sleep unitl the problem was fixed.

    *the tumor was removed via surgery.
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklabel
    I do between 1/4 and 1/2 of a 8mg pill of suboxone a day, insuffulated. Problem is that when I go to sleep at night and lay down, both nostrils usually become extremely plugged. It doesnt help that I have allergies that even when I'm not doing subs that my nose is rarely clear. But it sucks hard to have completely stuffed nostrils. Basically I can't breathe out of them at night (if I was ever tied up and had my mouth taped, I'd die cause I couldn't breathe!! ).

    It's not bad during the day, in fact right now I can breathe nearly completely out of my nose... just when I lay down they clog way up. What happens at night from breathing through my mouth, my mouth gets extremely dry in like 30 minutes. So when my nostrils are very plugged, I have a hard time getting any sleep (like last night was bad, I got like 4 hours of sleep) cause I'm always waking up to get a swig of water.


    Now you might say, "well don't snort them dumbass!". Yeah I know, in fact its probably not good for the nasal membranes and nose for other reasons than they clog up. But for my money and for the buzz, I find snorting to be much better than the sublingual method.


    So I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else gets this and if theres any meds or sprays that help. Since I have allergies, I get Zyrtec and Singular. Previously it seemed like they helped but now neither does much for the completely stuffed up nose. I also get Nasonex spray but it doesnt do anything for a stuffed up nose.

    Anything OTC? Or would something like a humidifer in my room be helpful?

    Hell last night was so bad I got up in the middle of the night after not sleeping at all to use some sort of special Nasal Rinse. It didnt hardly do a thing! I think it was so plugged that it couldnt penetrate. At times I've gone to the 'frig and ate little dabs of hot sauce, cause that shit definitely opens up the nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklabel
    (if I was ever tied up and had my mouth taped, I'd die cause I couldn't breathe!! ).
    Lol


    Seriously though, I can relate (I feel your pain). The best thing for that is Sudafedģ, the name brand is what I use. Regardless, you want straight pseudoephedrine hydrochloride tablets. They come in 30mg. I'll take 2 (SOMEtimes 3) about an hour before I try to sleep.

    If you read in depth about the drug you may not think it would be much help. But I'm here to tell you that I've had many nights like that, some from a "purposefully" clogged and some from my allergies. Sudafed works best for me.

    I hope you get relief regardless.

    PS:
    2 methods that actually work better than Sudafed are:

    1) Running very hot water in the bathroom sink. Trap all escaping steam by putting a towel over your head and the edges of the sink. Now you have a mini sauna. Only problem with that is that for every 10 minutes your head is under the sink, you only get 2 or 3 minutes of relief. But oh what a relief it is! Lol

    2) Using a 3" cut off piece of metal coat hanger, I fashioned a piece of balled up toilet paper at each end (for comfort) . Then with the right about of bending, I got the ends to press against the inside of my nose in such a way that my nostrils were flared [opening the passage by maybe 25-30%.] Be careful not to let it fall out and choke you while you sleep.

    Haha I was laughing so hard as I actually typed out that last response, it soundspretty outrageous.
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PARooolller
    Snorting anything will eventually most likely lead to a deviated septum which is no fun. I have a deviated septum on the right side of my nose when I got punched in the face and sometimes my nostril entirely closes. Your nose wasn't meant to sniff any foreign substance, so I recommend that you stop and hope that your septum recovers and returns to its normal state.


    I am right there with you.


    Suboxone does not work as effectively if you snort it, I cannot express this enough. Just put the damn pill under your tongue (while not talking, eating or drinking anything) and it will suite you perfectly. When insuffulated it does not last nearly as long and thus you will need more and if you are using it for opiate maintenance do your body a favor and take it how your doctor tells you too. Insuffulating does not guarantee you will absorb 8 mg etc.
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    ^
    I disagree.

    Sublingual may actually not last as long as intranasal. But I think they're about equal. In regards to the actual moa affecting(not including first pass) duration, the absorption time is what is a factor. When you're taking it sublingually, all of the SL Bupe is absorbed within 15-30 minutes. Intranasal absorption takes about the same time.

    From my personal experience with both, they are pretty much equal other than BA. Duration and onset is about the same. But, strength may not be. That's due to bupe's higher bioavailability when taken intranasaly.

    Other factors(half-life, elimination/clearence) that affect duration of the drug that's in your circulation aren't changed by the moa.
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PARooolller
    Snorting anything will eventually most likely lead to a deviated septum which is no fun. I have a deviated septum on the right side of my nose when I got punched in the face and sometimes my nostril entirely closes. Your nose wasn't meant to sniff any foreign substance, so I recommend that you stop and hope that your septum recovers and returns to its normal state.
    Definitely the truth. My mom had to get her's cauterized and some weird operation from doing coke.
     

  12. Collapse Details
    Snorting not working 
    #12
    Bluelighter evolutionofthemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by phrozen View Post
    ^
    I disagree.

    Sublingual may actually not last as long as intranasal. But I think they're about equal. In regards to the actual moa affecting(not including first pass) duration, the absorption time is what is a factor. When you're taking it sublingually, all of the SL Bupe is absorbed within 15-30 minutes. Intranasal absorption takes about the same time.

    From my personal experience with both, they are pretty much equal other than BA. Duration and onset is about the same. But, strength may not be. That's due to bupe's higher bioavailability when taken intranasaly.

    Other factors(half-life, elimination/clearence) that affect duration of the drug that's in your circulation aren't changed by the moa.
    Ok I just snorted a 8mg suboxone after reading how wonderful and great it was on the posts about it on here... it's been about 20mins and I don't feel much except congested in my hose and a little bit woosy - definitely not a "opiate" feeling or high... what gives?
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Bluelighter chucky1432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hell and Beyond
    Posts
    686
    This really doesn't sound like a healthy living question
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Bluelighter bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ehaa
    Posts
    1,528
    stop snorting subs
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Bluelight Crew sixpartseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    11,303
    Hopefully all of you complaining of stuffed noses aren't snorting 1/4, 1/2, or 1 whole of an 8mg Suboxone at once. Even 1/4 is way too much to snort at once, and it's going to result in pain, irritation of the nose and eye, and loss of a lot of the drug.

    Snort no more than 1/8th at a time. I've been snorting my Suboxone for 19 months straight and haven't had a single issue with it, mainly because I never snort more than 1mg every 30 - 40 minutes. That's not efficient for a high, but honestly, I don't care about your high. You shouldn't be abusing Suboxone like that anyways. I can't tell you what to do, but I can choose not to help you get high.
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Snorting suboxone works good if your trying to conserve because when you snort sub you get a better BA rate then sublingual. Im sure its not good for your nose but it does make the sub kick in faster, last longer and you seem to get better absorption threw the nose!

    For example:
    I can snort 2mgs of Suboxone and it will feel the same as putting 4-5mgs under my tongue.
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Bluelighter bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ehaa
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpartseven View Post
    Hopefully all of you complaining of stuffed noses aren't snorting 1/4, 1/2, or 1 whole of an 8mg Suboxone at once. Even 1/4 is way too much to snort at once, and it's going to result in pain, irritation of the nose and eye, and loss of a lot of the drug.

    Snort no more than 1/8th at a time. I've been snorting my Suboxone for 19 months straight and haven't had a single issue with it, mainly because I never snort more than 1mg every 30 - 40 minutes. That's not efficient for a high, but honestly, I don't care about your high. You shouldn't be abusing Suboxone like that anyways. I can't tell you what to do, but I can choose not to help you get high.
    imo abusing opiate receptor blockers of any sort is retarded... your contradicting yourself everytime you try to get 'high' off a drug that you've been given by a doctor with a phd to try n get you off/keep you from getting sick from the opiates... its just so stupid. One day when you actually want to kick opiates, and your dose isnt keeping w/d's away anymore due to a tollerance... its gonna get messy everytime.
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Bluelight Crew sixpartseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    11,303
    Except I'm not trying to get high, and I've been taking the same dose (if not less as time goes on) for the entire 20 months. It's completely possible to snort your dose while not trying to get high. It's just another method of admin. Why is it any worse than sublingual use, except for the physical damage to your nose? It's not, as long as you don't over-do it and take more than you need.
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Bluelighter Snowbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    488
    If the tumor info and deviated septum info did not discourage the OP, try using pure SALINE MIST in your nose. Its great for any type sinus congestion, infection, etc. Get the plain saline mist -- NOT medicated mist.
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Bluelighter evolutionofthemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    imo abusing opiate receptor blockers of any sort is retarded... your contradicting yourself everytime you try to get 'high' off a drug that you've been given by a doctor with a phd to try n get you off/keep you from getting sick from the opiates... its just so stupid. One day when you actually want to kick opiates, and your dose isnt keeping w/d's away anymore due to a tollerance... its gonna get messy everytime.
    The reason why I'M looking for other ROA is because doing it sublingually doesn't work for me anymore. For some reason the batch of pills that I got at the pharmacy stay rock hard under my tongue and don't break down right (the other batches that Iíve gotten dissolved just fine, and got into my system via the sublingual route just fine). I have even broken the pills into 2mg increments and it didnít make the problem any better. It's like I just put a little pebble under my tongue... it's that fricken hard. Even when the damn thing FINALLY dissolves, the dissolved juice doesn't get absorbed by the veins under my tongue like it's supposed to. I tried to contact the pharmacy but they said because itís a controlled substance they canít replace itÖ Iíd have to get another prescription from my doctor. Thatís great but every doctor visit for me is $100, not to mention re-buying more $5 suboxone pills. Iím out of work trying to get into treatment and donít have that kind of money; my parents have footed the bill for me so far and have helped as much as they are financially capable of.

    I have no interest in getting high anymore... the suboxone high was real nice when I first tried it (mainly from plugging itÖ), but I have to use too much that way and the effect from that ROA with me doesn't last more than a couple hours; then it's quickly back to WD symptoms, which I want to avoid like the plague. My interest is in making the pills I have left go as far as possible in keeping me well, and I'm very much interested in the best method to do that (highest BA affinity - even though I have no clue what exactly "BA" means or stands for... possibly buprenorphine affinity?). If ďsixpartsevensĒ method of snorting 1 mg every 20-30 mins is the best way to do that, then I'm down... 100%. I'm not worried about 2-3 weeks of "snorting pills isn't good for you", my plan is to be completely done with drugs after this last run on opiates. I tried snorting them earlier, but I was obviously doing way too much (2 mg lines, 8 mg within a few mins), which is most likely why I got a congested head, headache and chest pains the day after. I just want to know what the reliable time frame is for the bupe to be active in my system and keep me out of withdrawal.

    Thanks.
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Bluelight Crew sixpartseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    11,303
    ^ Don't listen to that guy. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

    If the pills aren't breaking down, try crushing them up in a folded up piece of paper, then funneling the powder into your mouth and under your tongue. This is actually a good way for everyone to do it because you won't have to wait for it to start dissolving on it's own. A solid pill will take much longer to break down. It's the same logic behind parachuting a drug. Breaking it down ahead of time cuts out a lot of work for your stomach since it would take longer for a whole pill to break down and absorb in your stomach compared to an already crushed pill.

    Surface area, baby. Increase the surface area, you increase the rate of absorption.
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Bluelighter evolutionofthemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpartseven View Post
    ^ Don't listen to that guy. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

    If the pills aren't breaking down, try crushing them up in a folded up piece of paper, then funneling the powder into your mouth and under your tongue. This is actually a good way for everyone to do it because you won't have to wait for it to start dissolving on it's own. A solid pill will take much longer to break down. It's the same logic behind parachuting a drug. Breaking it down ahead of time cuts out a lot of work for your stomach since it would take longer for a whole pill to break down and absorb in your stomach compared to an already crushed pill.

    Surface area, baby. Increase the surface area, you increase the rate of absorption.
    Should I be concerned that there could be something potentially wrong with the pill itself though? I definitely want to be sure I'm getting all the buprenorphine that should be there...
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Bluelight Crew sixpartseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    11,303
    Nah, there's nothing wrong with your pills. They might just be a bit harder for some reason, but I doubt they have any less drug than they are supposed to. Shit like that is tightly regulated.
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Bluelighter evolutionofthemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpartseven View Post
    Nah, there's nothing wrong with your pills. They might just be a bit harder for some reason, but I doubt they have any less drug than they are supposed to. Shit like that is tightly regulated.
    Well what if they had been sitting around for longer then they were supposed to, or kept in poor temperature areas etc? Can't that kind of stuff change the molecular structure?
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Bluelight Crew sixpartseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    11,303
    Poor temperatures can, but they would have to be extreme conditions that pharmaceutical drugs won't be subjected to unless in the hands of a patient. Shipping centers and pharmacies keep that stuff tightly controlled.

    Also, most pharmaceuticals - with the exception of things like antibiotics - have a shelf life longer than humans; they'll be about the some potency long after you and I are dead. Expiration dates are only given to appease the FDA who demand an expiration date be put on anything for human consumption.
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •