• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

average xanax dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find 2mg by itself or 1mg with some drinks enough to get adequately buzzed.

don't start off with such a high dose... you will kill your tolerance. I have a friend that started with 3mgs and now she needs to take a crazy amount to feel anything.
Start off with .5mgs, some tagamet or beer and a blunt.

^^^^ he's right... My first I started with 2, the another 2, smoked. Had 2 beers.... Took another 1...... Was pleasant till I couldn't stand up or think straight. And reaping the aftermath today.... Less is more IMO... Don't rush it

I've only ever tried to abuse xanax recreationally a few times. I'm so sensitive to the hypnotic efects of the drug that 1mg will make me sleep for 12 hours straight through. About six months ago I beacme physically dependant on after about 12 days of using it to induce sleep, using like .25-1mg doses. From what I see my friends take I would say for the average person 2-4mg usually does it for a recreational dose, although i've seen people with extremely high tolerances injest up to 16 mgs in a single dose.

I been on Xanax for years..dont reallty do them that much though. I take 1 mg at night and it puts me out.and I'm 200lbs. I'd say.max 2mg's and poss a few beers would be quite enough.

I need to take 14mg - 18mg to feel veeeery good. Once again, I have a MASSIVE tolerance and have been taking benzos for four years, including Diazepam, Clonazepam, Lorazepam, Bromazepam, Flunitrazepam, Midazolam and, well. Alprazolam.

So, I just wanted to share what an addict dose like. Mine is 14-18mg.

My first I started with 2, the another 2, smoked. Had 2 beers.... Took another 1...... Was pleasant till I couldn't stand up or think straight. And reaping the aftermath today.... Less is more IMO... Don't rush it. And this was over a 6 hour period

a bar and 2 blunts put me in a great place, but I forgot 95% of the night, which was fun in the morning, haha. I am told I wasn't that much of a mess, just forgot everything.

Damn. 4mg for a first time dose. I'm surprised you stayed awake.

I have NO tolerance for benzos. Even a bar will knock me out. I usually just like a mg, or two if I let my tolerance build up....

I am told I wasn't that much of a mess, just forgot everything.

So, that sounds like you had a fuckin blast!! :|:\

Sound exactly like kids from my high-school graduating class. 14 of which have died since graduation. I graduated in 07.

I hate to be a bitch, but come on. Just fucking think about what you're doing. Not to the person I quoted, specifically, but to everyone.

what u guys are not being good recomendors, 1mg wont do shit for one i wiegh 120 pounds with absolutly NO tolerence and that doesnt do anything, 2mg is okay , 3 is good , but 4 is def the best i would say and anything under 2.5 is just a waste dont even bother..And BTW you cant overdose on xanax without alchohal its impossible so dont worry about it much unless your planning on making a habit of this.. which i definatly would not recommend..

Take more than 4 mg and you do not have
a tolerance built up, you may go to sleep for
the last time. It happened to an MC brother
of mine. Benzos can be tricky the first few
times. Stay in the wind bro's.

You can overdose on almost anything.

Hey brainiac, you CAN overdose on Xanax.
What, are you f$&@ing 12 years old. I
would say to prove me wrong by taking
a sh!tload of xanys, but I am afraid you
would actually do it.

Hey brainiac, you CAN overdose on Xanax.
What, are you f$&@ing 12 years old. I
would say to prove me wrong by taking
a sh!tload of xanys, but I am afraid you
would actually do it.

The difference is a Xanax overdose will just knock you out or make you do really dumb shit you won't remember, but as long as you don't mix it with other drugs and have someone around to make sure you don't do something stupid, you will wake up fine.

Oh and sorry if your friend died, but it wasn't from the Xanax alone man. Doesn't work that way.

I took xanax for the first time this past weekend. I have basically no tolerance as I have only taken any kind of pills a couple times and have not for months. I ended up taking 7mg and remember almost none of the night at all. Also had trouble thinking for a day or two after. dangerous shit in my book. My own fault for not being educated on it before I tried it tho.

Took 240mg at one time with a bottle of wine, more than once. Still here...I think. My body and brain are completly trashed and I wish I could have my healthy pain free body back. I've never know such pain and unbearable withdrawals. Never knew prescription pills could trash you so much. Going on 3 years now and still disabled. Seen every doc on the east coast and none can help. I feel like total absolute shit 24.7. Percocet or morphine don't help at all. I hate xanax and the doctor that prescribed them to me. I thought they were "inert". They are poison.

Karen

For me i had H/aches and nothing would help Oxycontin, nothing...now daily i take , and feel normal, never high, bummer and drink about 4-6+ beers a day

16 mg Xanax
110 mg val
15 mg oxycodone

guess my buzz days r over :?, but what when these benzos dont work, go to another one?, have been on all of them, at least for a short time

input anybody?
thanks

Xanax is no freaking joke and nothing to be played with, specially if you have no tolerance and are mixing it with other things, specially strong opiates. Someone with nithier a opiate or benzo tolerance is setting themselves up for death mixing the two.

I have a high tolerance for Xanax and snorting 7.5 mgs at once is a lot. I have severe anxiety, it sucks because Ivan an addict too, so I find myself abusing my Xanax than running low and feeling horrible anxiety when a heavy reduction in milligrams.

Like right now, got my script of 1 mg three times a day filled about two weeks ago and have about 21 left. I'm going to be going through hell in the next few weeks, my birthday being in that period. Mental health issues sucks freaking ass.

Oh a few posts up there is no freaking way you ate taking 16 mgs of Xanax and 100 mgs of Valium with a small amount of Oxy s and not getting high. Again I have a high Xanax tolerance. 8 mg snorted gets me high.

I use to snort up to almost 1000 mgs of oxys a day. I had a large script of them. 3 80's a day. I would blow through all 90 in 10 days. I used to think I wasn't high eithier.

Status
Not open for further replies.