• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ Discerning what adulterant is in your Ecstasy pill

Ocinteeni

Bluelighter
I was talking with an acquaintance of mine on the subject of ecstasy and I was ranting about how every damn pill in my area has all of these chemicals in it. The aquaintance of mine responded saying yah that is what E is made of. I never realized but some people that do not now anybetter think that Ecstasy is supposed to be a mixture of drugs. Realizing this made something make sense for me when talking to someone who was selling Ecstasy and he claimed that the pills were meth based, I thought to myslef why would this guy tell me this if he is trying to sell the pills. Know I realize that some people actually think it is a good thing that the pill has meth or any one of these other adulterants in it. I'm sure that most people on this site already realize that a good pill would be lacking these chemicals

So if all the blue lighters can post what most common adulterants effects feel like so people can tell the difference between a clean MDxx pill and an adulterated pill I think it could be helpful.

Adulterants like:
1. Caffeine
2. Procaine(Novacaine)
3. Methamphetamine
4. Diphenhydramine (Active ingrediant in Benedryl)
5. PsuedoEphedrine
6. DXM

...and any others that anyone is aware of.

29 known adulterants, and *gasp* there's HEROIN & COCAINE!

Ocinteeni said:
I was talking with an acquaintance of mine on the subject of ecstasy and I was ranting about how every damn pill in my area has all of these chemicals in it. The aquaintance of mine responded saying yah that is what E is made of. I never realized but some people that do not now anybetter think that Ecstasy is supposed to be a mixture of drugs. Realizing this made something make sense for me when talking to someone who was selling Ecstasy and he claimed that the pills were meth based, I thought to myslef why would this guy tell me this if he is trying to sell the pills. Know I realize that some people actually think it is a good thing that the pill has meth or any one of these other adulterants in it. I'm sure that most people on this site already realize that a good pill would be lacking these chemicals

So if all the blue lighters can post what most common adulterants effects feel like so people can tell the difference between a clean MDxx pill and an adulterated pill I think it could be helpful.

Adulterants like:
1. Caffeine
2. Procaine(Novacaine)
3. Methamphetamine
5. PsuedoEphedrine
6. DXM

...and any others that anyone is aware of.

Ask, and ye shall recieve!

I actually started a list like this a while ago, and lost my notes a few months ago. So since I am up bright and early this AM with nothing else to do for the holiday weekend (Labor Day), I decided to go to www.ecstasydata.org and searched/browsed all 61 pages of results for EVERY adulterant EVER found beginning in May, 1996 to August 25, 2006! 10 YEARS!! :)

And....there are Six (5) INSTANCES OF COCAINE IN PILLS! And, ONE (1) instance of HEROIN! 8( So there's the proof, in 10 years of testing @ www.ecstasydata.org there have been only six instances of cocaine (6) and heroin (1) in pills. I hope this settles a very long debate. That's not bad odds, considering there are 25 pills per page display x 61 pages = 1,525 pill testing results. 8o

There was actually one instance of THC in pills, a "Tan Bird" from June 1, 2002.

And I bet you wanna know what those pills are, don't you? I wrote them down for you guys: Cocaine content pills were a "Plain" (no logo) tablet in May, 2003, a "Z. Cavarucci" pill in 2003 (didn't get month), a "7 Up" Logo pill in May, 2003, one white "blank in July, 2001 and one red "blank" in July 2000. One was a "pure Cocaine pill" (no MDxx mix). (didn't write which one, feel free to look it up and I'll edit) The only pill that contained Heroin was a "White Motorola" in March, 2003, and it was in a 1 part amount to MDxx (and perhaps something else, cannot remember, was jotting down notes fast).

Other things I found interesting: PCP & PMA was a common adulterant between 2000-2002. After that it drops off quite considerably.

Methamphetamine started to really rear it's ugly head in 2002-2003. Looks like from the past couple of years it's here to stay.

Notes about 2006 results so far (from www.ecstasydata.org):

--There have been a total of 21 pills tested (One, the Blue Diamonds, was made possible by a joint effort of raising funds by Bluelighters and Pill Reporters, and we STILL have money in the piggy bank to have another pill tested!)

--Out of 21 pills tested, here are the most common adulterants in and how often they occur:
---Methamphetamine/Amphetamine: 10 out of 21
---Ketamine (this one surprised me): 4 out of 21
---Caffeine: 11 out of 21
---Diphenhydramine: 4 out of 11
---Procaine (Lidocaine): 3 out of 21
---Phentermine: 1 out of 21

--Out of 21 pills, 19 of them contained SOME (at least 1 pt) amount of MDxx. That's encouraging.

--Out of 21 pills, 2 were bunk/OTC medications. (Tramadol and an Anacin Headache Pill)

:::drumroll::::

Now for the list of every confirmed "adulterant" (anything other than MDxx, harmless or not, and don't complain that "you like K in your pills", we don't care, ECSTASY IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO CONTAIN MDxx!) listed in the history of www.ecstasydata.org (thanks Ociteeni for the first 6) :

1. Caffeine
2. Procaine(Novacaine)
3. Methamphetamine
5. PsuedoEphedrine
6. DXM
7. PMA
8. MCPP (m-Chlorphenylpiperazine)
9. Aspirin
10. Ketamine
11. Acetominophen
12. Phenetermine
13. Fentanyl
14. Methyl Salicylate
15. Metandienone
16. BZP
17. TFMPP
18. Cocaine
19. Carisoprodol
20. Carbamezepine
21. PCP
22. Vitamin E
23. Heroin
24. Fluoxetine
25. Guaifensin
26. Codeine
27. 5-MeO-DiPT
28. THC
29. DOB

The MOST common adulterant: "UNIDENTIFIED"

That's all that I found in searching though the pages. If anyone is up to the task, please feel free to go behind me and double check. It's possible I may have overlooked something, I am only human and it's quite early in the AM for this chick. :) I'll be editing this many times, I am sure. (Please feel free to point out typos for accuracy.)

Since I'm not quite up to reasearching all of these at the moment, I will edit them as I am able and give side effects, reactions, ect. I will always give credit where credit is due, and I am sure I will be thanking Erowid for most of the info I post for the adulterants, and I rest assured I will not plagerize!

Fellow Bluelighers and Pill Reporters, feel free to help me research. We'll leave this thread open so others can contribute as well. 29 KNOWN ADULTERANTS SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO WARRANT *YOU* GETTING A TESTING KIT!!!!

Thanks for inspiring me to pick up this personal research project again, Ocinteeni, and I hope it helps everyone to become more educated in what may be in their pills.

A HUGE thanks to everyone at www.ecstasydata.org and www.erowid.org, for without them we would not have 5, 125 pill test results over a ten year span. You guys rock. =D

HARM REDUCTION DOES WORK! :D

(please pardon any rambling, ect, this has taken a bit of my time and I have found it VERY interesting!)

***Note: I am aware that there are more pills that have tested positive for cocaine & heroin through reading the "Microgram". I did not include these instances. I used www.ecstasydata.org ONLY.***

*edited for more typos on 12/21/06

Last edited:
Decided to make this a STICKY!!! If anyone has a problem with that, lemme know. :D Ocinteeni, I modified your original thread title to help others find it easily. ;)

Tight Ravenous, I'm sure Wikipedia will have info on these adulterants. I will research the effects and maybe people can conclude what adulterant is in there pills.

thanks for making up that list of adulterants ravenous, mustve been alot of work. Its nice to see someone so dedicated to pills lol :).

honestly its very sad to see that the mdxx chemicals being corrupted by all these other drugs. mdma is my all time fav drug and its so unreliable to use unfortunately since ive lost my connection for pure mdma powder.

I actually enjoyed doing it, yello :)

It is sad to see the amount of adulterants around....and I don't think we'll see that number decrease anytime soon, either. :(

Very good (info) my hat's off to RavenousBlonde, good work i would have given up on looking up the info on the second page of ecstasy data.....

Thanks a bunch for your work!!

Don't people consider MDA an adulterant? I keep reading reports that sound a LOT like MDA rather than MDMA. It's easier to make than MDMA and you need less per dose yet it looks like it's acceptable (at least in the US market). MDA is not as fun (to most people), does cause more neuronal damage and is more toxic. Also lasts longer...
I would also add that both MDA & MDMA are pure, clean white powders. If I see a speckled pill, I KNOW it's impure (not always dangerous, but not pure) and even coloured pills worry me. If you took the colouring out, what colour would it be? If pure white, fine, if a grayish colour than chances are the product (which could well be MDMA) still hasn't been recrystalized properly.
A lot of people think 'MDMA powder' Is the way to go, but powders are the easiest to cut, one would have thought?
Last point. Caffeine is used as a bulking agent in MDMA tablets without the producer wishing to rip anyone off. It's just a convenient agent & compared with a full-dose of MDMA, your really not going to notice it.

Although most people prefer MDMA to MDA, it would not be classified as an adulterant. Powder can vary in color (not just pure white) depending on the wash, and various other reasons that we won't get into here. You cannot base judgement on a pill just because it's colored or has speckles. This is why you need a testing kit. :)

Caffeine is an easily available cutting agent, but I beg to differ that you "won't notice it". Some people are sensitive to caffeine, and it also makes the pill adulterated, which nobody wants.

BilZ0r explained awhile back how some of those substances listed as adulterants are likely just used as binders for the MDMA, such as acetaminophen. (as haribo is suggesting)

I have had pills that were straight K at least they felt that way. They were almost better to snort than to eat. They were white diamonds(dont know if its cool to list the pill) but those were funky, almost like their was no mdma in them

I have also had caps that people could have put anything into, but they were I swear pure mdma. so far I think the caps are the best thing I have ever had besides the blue fishs and igloos

is it 1525 pills over ten years or 5125 pills over ten years?

if i were to order a test kit would it arrive in plain packaging cause i wouldnt want my parents to find it.

I read Ravens post that the most popular sub for MDxx in "E pills" (thats what i call the stamped colored illegal pills sold as MDxx) was unknown. for the las 9 months iv had enough E to have tested a portion of the entire supply down south. So i can tell you the most common sub for X is CRANK.