• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

help me! (opiate w/d..benzo info needed..immodium)

zzITCHY420zz

Bluelighter
okay..so i plan on getting off the opiates once a-freaking-gain. ive already searched about imodium, and i know there is much controversy about how effective it is. well, if i were to get immodium (which i have), it would be to help with the uncomfort/irritation/pain of the stomach, not just the "shits" . im taking 40mgs hydro MAX daily, 30 usual, so i know my dose isnt sky-high. so yes, i am asking for help bluelighters, please anybody with PERSONAL experience with the drug, if anyone has suggestions of a good dose, becuase im sure loperamide has a cross-tolerance thing just like other opiates. so please. help. thanks.

I have personal experience using immodium for opiate withdrawal. It is mildy effective for some of the physical symptoms, but it does nothing at all for the psychological cravings, anxiety, etc. Any specific questions?

yeah, try 2-6 mg loperamide to start. maybe some dxm to reduce the cravings, 30-60 mg should do it. the loperamide seems to keep the stomach from hurting with slightly higher dosages, maybe 10 mg in a day or so.

I found immodium extremely helpful when detoxing from around 80mg oxy. It definitely helped with more than the shits - there was a noticeable lessening of withdrawal symptoms when I took it. Unfortunately I think it actually caused its own stomach problems after a few days (it's extrememly constipating, much more so than any other opiate I've ever taken). The good news is by the time it got to that point I was through the worst of the withdrawals and just stopped taking it. I've heard that you have to taper it but I didn't have to. It didn't make bring the withdrawals back when I stopped it.

As for the dose, when I detox from the above mentioned habit I took 2 2mg pills at a time about 3times a day (above the recommended dose, probably why I got stomach problems from it). That might have been overkill in retrospect but it's hard to say. I've since done a couple mini detoxes (after using oxy for about a week and knowing I would likely get withdrawal symptoms). Those times I only used 1 immodium, 2 or 3 times a day (depending on how long I had to be awake and functioning for).

yeah... okay well ill go and grab a couple boxes soon. if i can pull it off, ill taper off with the loperamide, and use benzos as needed..hopefully i wont trade off the addictions, its going to be a tough one. thanks guys, you all are greatly appreaciated.

yea well, my habit isnt big anyways, IMO. i take 40-45 hydro MAX daily, i keep it reasonable..but yeah. i experience the ups and downs of opiate use daily..but i hope to get rid of this habit soon..

thanks for the info schlaemeil..yes i have used it before but i wouldnt take more then 2 of them (4mgs) . i think that 24mgs is pushing it, i guess i will experiment once again ..yea dude the "frankenshits" as you called it..ive gotten it once. and it was one of the worst moments in my life EVER..cold sweats mixed with being so tired from waking up like 20 minutes before the time came. thats where metamucil comes in hand :)

I Take it amost daily for over 5 years now. one day i woke up with the shits and they never went away. i have been through every test and several doctors. finally the gastro guy just said:
"well if the immodium works just keep taking that. your dosage is not harmfull"

at the time i was taking up to 12 a day

now i take about 1 or 2 every other day and more like 4-5 if i am shitting liquid.

my father thinks i have this problem because i "think about it" and the subconsious anxiety of the problem actually is the cause.
i think its fucking ridiculous

but anyway

IT WORKS and it wont kill you just take what you need if you overdo it youll be "manually extracting" if you know what that means.=D

I was taking 10+ mgs of lopermide at a time, it didn't help me when I had a serious habit. If you are banging 10 bags a day, it won't help very much. At least it didn't help me, and the dosing wasn't the problem.

Schlameil said:
It should help significantly.
I suggest anyone thinking about taking Loperamide for wd to take that statement with a grain of salt, and do not get your hopes up. No offense Shlameil.

Cerp said:
I suggest anyone thinking about taking Loperamide for wd to take that statement with a grain of salt, and do not get your hopes up. No offense Shlameil.

Yes exactly. I have no idea why people took the 'fentanyl analogue' bs and ran with it just because it vaguely has a chemical structure like an opiod and now everyone believes that you can hold off opiate wd with it or even get effects from it. It definitely does help with some of the physical symptoms but your still gonna feel like shit. So youve still got the habit itchy? You shouldve tapered with the methadone a long time ago. If you keep going your habits just gonna get worse with time.

tried it today..along with 17.5mgs hydrocodone..i took 6mg loperamide, and it worked physically for sure. its crazy. i should be aching balls but im not as much..we'll see...

Combine the dose of loperamide with 600mg's of tagamet. Something happens and you will get "feelings" like the onset of an opiate high. I was told this combo by some old head junkie who told me it's a secret among the older junkies. Just try it, nothing bad can come of it. I tried it and it definitely did something for me, it lifted my mood and sorta calmed me down ..

help me! (opiate w/d..benzo info needed..)

okay..so im trying to get off of opiates at the moment..from a 40mg hydro daily habit, i am now down to max 25mgs daily , but ive been using 22.5 usually. very strange, but anyways..okay..i have been using benzos too, but not abusing. i will never take more then 20mg valium in a day, but i sometimes mix (a valium 10mg in the afternoon, then .5mg xanax to sleep, etc) ..and dont have a script. i feel i have a slight will power ..but the anxiety usually kills it for me, which usually makes me dose half a mg of xanax or so. honestly, i dont need more then a mg of it for sure, and the valium , i know it should still be inside me, etc. but i have not been using them for over a month, and the use is VERY moderated, but i dont take too many days off. i seem to mistake my opiate w/d for benzo w/d , and worry that it could be both. my doses of benzos arent ridiculous , but i know frequent use is what will cause w/d , so i guess i should step on the brakes a bit..i took .5mgs xanax today to ease my chest pain, and anxiety which must have come from the opiate w/d part..because i took a valium last night. i know if i was sober, i wouldnt feel like that from the benzos ive been using..its been moderate. ive used benzos before, same fashion, having half a gram of valium last me for a couple months (estimated) , and experienced no w/d symptoms. im basically asking for detailed benzo opinions, such as if my use of 1-2mg MAX xanax daily. and if i take a larger dose one day (say 2mgs) i wont dose as much the next day. but i dont even recall ever taking 2mgs..i usually take .5, 1, or 1.5 if its all xanax. if i take valium, ill never really take more then one and if anything..ill pop half a xanax or a whole (1mg) . i hope this isnt too vague, but yeah..opinions are appreaciated..i know some of you knwo how i feel. its just the worry in the back of my head, that at one point or another ill know will come back becaues it always does..thanks.

i think that loperamide is absolutely essential for kicking, and i personally think the best is the immodium loperamide/simethicone combo. it gets rid of the shits and also calms my nausea. i too wonder how effective it REALLY is. i think knowing that you're taking SOME FORM of opioid (even tho it doesnt penetrate the BBB) is a bit reassuring, and since most people would agree the hardest part of kicking is the psychological aspect, it does do some good. its also nice not shitting brown water. I can't honestly tell you from a physical standpoint whether it eases wd as a whole, but loperamide/simethicone WILL help some of the GI symptoms, so defenitely use it.

I think the best way to kick (if nothing to taper with) is a mixture of immodium, clonidine, benzos (fucking essential as well in my opinion, makes wd somewhat bearable), diphenhydramine, and some sort of otc painkiller such as apap or naproxen for the aches (however nsaids may irritate the stomach, ive thrown up from taking a bit too much ibuprofen for an intense headahe before).

Most downers will help you.. alcohol is debatable: it usually helps for a little while during the few hours that you're drunk, but being hungover on top of your wd SUCKS, this is why benzos are infinately more useful in this situation. amphetamine is also debatable: i would personally say absolutely not, since even normally they cause depression and shitty feelings for me, but it temporarily will get rid of the w/d lethargy (i would think in this case the cons outweigh the pros, however.. you dont need extra anxiety depression, or the horrid crash. maybe very low doses might help a bit tho).

I have heard of people using G to get thru divorcing the monkey, but havent even tried it so i wouldnt know. As for dxm, even tho its synthesized from codeine, shows up as opiates on drug tests, and people will say that it helps, i personally stay very far away from it during w/d. maybe a very very low dose, but nowhere near even first plateau.

Good luck man, im trying to kick too, but im on bupe, which defenitely helps, although you're prolly better off in the long run (and im still gonna have to wd from the bupe)

also, with your hydro doses, you will be completely fine. 40mg isnt "nothing", and depending on how long you've been using you may feel sick, but i doubt it'll be any worse than a moderate cold. reassurance helps alot during w/d, at least for me, the worst part IMO is not knowing how bad its gonna get. but trust me man, the "accute w/d" period will be just fine, during this time, find a new hobby or passion to keep you away from this shit in the future. thats what im trying to do, and its SO FUCKING HARD. just the habit of always having some sort of fix to isolate myself from this cruel world, its hard to break. and im sure most people that have gone thru this know what im talking about. let me know how its coming along

Ok itchy i merged both of your threads and am gonna change the title to help me! (opiate w/d..benzo info needed..immodium) since they were very similar topics.