• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

help me! (opiate w/d..benzo info needed..immodium)

so today was another dosage drop..

i took less then 15 mgs (just around 14mgs) of hydro today. i can't believe how i feel at the moment, i feel like im gona have to go through another round, becaues it seems unreal that i am almost numb of pain at this moment..i took my last dose more then 6 hours ago. its unreal, i dont know what to say of it..it is probably the marijuana. and the ativan (half a milligram.) but yeah, ill be able to sleep..to say the least.

wow. today, had to work. 7.5mgs hydro TOTAL. i have 50mgs here at home now, its 10:53 PM. i have no intention to dose. lets hope this goes somewhere good..

Schlameil said:
If you have taken loperamide and haven't experienced any adverse reactions to it, i'd say get good and into withdrawal and then take 24mg of it. While that may sound like a lot, i've taken some truly ridiculous doses. .

I don't think it's possible to take too much immodium when you're kicking a major opiate dependancy. As everyone knows, it does wonders for the inevitable gastro disasters. Some people also think that large amounts of immodium also help with cravings but I think that's wishful thinking. Loperimide is an opioid that cannot cross the blood-brain barrier, no matter how many tabs you pop.

As Schlameil said, if you don't think it works you probably aren't taking enough. I used to pop it like candy when I was kicking.

I was using benzos (mainly valium, sometimes stronger shorter acting ones like lorazepam) for anxiety and insomnia with opiate withdrawal. I'm new to benzos so I can't give you a detailed opinion about the level of your use, but in my case I was using them on and off for about six weeks when I started to get a bit paranoid that I was going to get hooked on them as well. Anyway, I decided to cut out the benzos altogether and see what happened and it turns out I was just being paranoid - went off them a week and no withdrawal symptoms. I wasn't using them everyday like you though.

My feeling about what was happening with me was that my anxiety from the opiate withdrawal was making me needlessly worried about my benzo use. I wasn't using them recreationally and only when the anxiety/insomnia was unbearable so I think I was probably using them correctly. However, one of the reasons I started getting paranoid about getting addicted to them was that I was starting to think I couldn't fall asleep without them - which was probably the beginning of psychological addiction. I had to suffer a few nights with insomnia to convince myself I could stop taking them (which I decided to waste a weekend doing since I work), but I now know there's no chance of addiction, which is one less worry (among the million worries getting off of opiates has created).

Anyway, in my case benzos were definitely essential in first stages of opiate withdrawal. Sounds like you're still there. However, I think the every day use of xanax might be a bit dangerous. You definitely need to know where to draw the line between useful use and trading one addiction for another. Unfortunately I can't really offer a useful opinion about that since I am not that experienced with benzos.

goddamn butterfly, same exact situation..

i feel the same way dude!..although ive been using the benzos daily, it has been moderated, and in no way imo, "abusing". ive been taking half a mg of ativan, or half to one mg xanax a day. and no, it does not go over that . but yeah man..the confusion from opiate w/d making u think somethings wrong..ANYTHING..from the benzo use, to simple issues..anyways, every morning feels like ive gotten through the worst but i know mentally, its probably just started :T ..wish luck guys,,this step was NOT easy by no means..just had to go with the flow..and listen to my instinct and NOT do the easiest thing..

^^^ I agree it does sound like we're in a similar situation. Maybe my post on benzos and opiate withdrawal will be helpful to you:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=267268

There was some good advice in there. My fear of benzo addiction definitely turned out to be just a fear. I don't want to make you overconfident though. I wasn't using benzos everyday. I'm not sure how long you can do that with Xanax and get out without withdrawals. I sort of got the impression it was a few weeks.

That being said, I do think it's different if you're using a drug for its intended purpose though and not recreationally (which it sounds like you are). I mean I don't actually like benzos beyond anxiety/insomnia releif. I'm not totally sure what the benzo high even is. That made it pretty easy to give them up when the time came. Eventually my fear of getting addicted outweighted the benefits of using benzos. In fact I actually think they had started to become part of the problem as both my anxiety and insomnia seem to have essentially disappeared now that I've I stopped taking them.

dude im so glad to see someone that has such similar feelings..dude im telling you, i can barely see the benzo "high" either man..i too, use it solely for its anxiety relieving properties. the amts i even take dont completely kill my symptoms at all. ive been sleeping in very uncomfortable positions (physically/mentally) and i applaud myself for having the will to do that..but i also have to thank the fact that i dont find it worth it to dose at late hours on opiates. but yea. im gona take some imodium soon..hopefully it will go well with the advil/weed.

^^^ Opiate withdrawal sucks... no real way around that. It does get better though. Unfortunately it's a slow process. I totally remember being in that phase where you couldn't sleep because it's too uncomfortable - glad to say I'm not there anymore!

i know its been few years but if someone need it..call me 438 934 SHIT (7448) canada

heres the cocktail..man i had 5 methadone prog..4 of suboxone..15 years professional addict to heroin..n today im straight whit nothing.no fuckn opiates @ all..i did drop methadone from 200 to o once..from 90 to o another time..now its my 57th craving in life..stupid ennough not to understand but my cocktail works..fuck your doctors posologie..fuck your baby toy dolls friends advice whit posologie whit immodium..which is not dangerous at all like tylenol(acethaminophen)which can smash your liver if not respected.immodium you can take all the bottle at once..100 tablets..it'll help not dangerous for liver or so..but dont need to do it whit my cocktail.. for sure you need shit loads of benzos for anxiety..insomnia.. you need clonidine for cold turkey too..immodium man listen to..Try get some benzos first xanax(alprazolam) rivotril(clonazepam) ativan(lorazepam) valium(diazepam) or theres many other..the rivotril last longuer than the other i think..around 30h or so...if you can find those 3 you re allready in busines..youll need beer to..they said no alcool whit benzos.you gotta understand that they mean the opposite. thing is we re fighting the devil here..they said the opiates chimically change our brain whit the years.it will not fix our brain but we need chemichals to pass trough the hard core craving wich anxiety is nothing ..the anxiety we experience as nothing to do whit normal anxiety...its 100 times worst..so fight fire whit fire..suboxone is really good to for a craving..i was frightened to take the pills cause there is the opiates ennemy in it..naloxone..narcan kind of.. so if you can pass around 30 h whitout opiaces lets say whit the cocktail..you take subox for few days ..first day is weirdo but not like a craving second subox day allready better.n before you get addict you slow down the dose..lets say you take a 8mg first shot n 16 next day..n 12- 10-8-6-4-2...only 8 the first cause its not comfortable but ennough so you cannot use..cause it will not be pleasent at all..you cannot o.d on subox..i tryed...not to od but i took over 64mg whhen i was at 4 n..notting...not even stone.. magic.. but lets say fuck off subox...cocktail only like an adult..lol.. be carefull not to relaps on benzos..can be fatal..i know ..they said not do it whit opiaces so i was..perfect it mean on benzos itll cost me less on morph or down to be stone..wich did work...n brought me close to death many times..so be sure of you ..have someone whitout the same problem around that as a head on his shoulders..you do your last shoot.. you wait until you feel fagget n need some ..you begin whit...lets say all at the same time...lol. go benzos go..whatch out i took to much of those n had epilepsy in whitdrawals..but i was takin between 10 to 20 2mg rivotril at once twice a day at the end..which is totally stupid..i realise further that i could say fuck doctors posologie but fuck mine too..lets have a middle..lol.. you kick those whit beer n even pcp or ghb whit..but carefully those mixt whit are dangerous too.. than you take clonidine at night whit ..the best would be 4 to 8 valium 10 a day..few beer.. clonidine 20 twice immodium you take some sip in the tablets bottle.. n at night before bed you take few rivotrils 2 mg ..it should help you sleep. for muscle spasms, theres the cyclobenzaprine which look like yellow houses pills..but watch out its same kind of fuck cirokwell..fuck n anti deepress shit....which is head or tales thats gonna knock you out or make your night worst..n the best of it all, man you smoke pot...i use to smoke a lot but on heroin..didnt need to..but in craving i realise that it makes me realise that heroin is shit..now when you arrive at morning youre still knock out especially if you took antideepress pills alson..benzos knock you but at least when you get up youre muscles are top shape..antideepress shit can help you knock out but the next day youre muscles are dead...so you need speed (wich is the worst ennemy of the craving..) so it'll get you out of bed n house to spend ennergy..you have youre benzos always close.each time you think axiety is comming..never to carefull jump in the bottle..lool..so the bad effect of the speed will not go on ...than my way is to spend (depend what kind of craving..like heroin can last me 2-3 weeks..cause im stupid n smash half gram a shot at the end..went to europe africa n east n west america.i did try many good heroin..n allways finish to think im a horse..but 200mg to 0 methadone ..fuck man..3 months craving..dont even remember the first one..peoples told me it was the worst best party of all time for me..) so if you follow me, man i swear you need to transform your craving into a yudge party man..music non stop.. fuck friends.masturbation..whatever..your sences are comming back..sex , music.color..food... man i feel like im cutting the strings that the devil was pulling since long time n was playing whit my head..man you have to be able. its a question of life or shit..!!!i might have forgotten some ingrediants..but trust me i know how to crave someone so he will not suffer a second mentally or phisycally... Rickos los tabarnakos montreal quebec..french frog Tabarnak.!)

I'd try a phenergen 25mg x 2 at night with 10mg val and try to avoid combining benzos. Taper off your benzo by 2mg every 2 days using a pill cutter. Be careful. Detoxing from benzos is even worse than oxy detox.