The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

zephyr said:
WOOD: I dont go in the pic threads because I find them (as DD puts it) dull and redundant. This is just my opinion, I am not trying to change anyone elses to agree with mine. :D Theres just a lot of them- I could be the only person who finds them to be uninteresting. :)

I just think things have changed a little lately, maybe because there has been a change in admin/staff, some of the older regular posters no longer hang around, there are newer folk who are probably a little more sensitive to things than the old crew used to be.

So instead of starting new threads which might hit on touchy subjects only to have them shut down, maybe the line does need to be drawn somewhere so we arent stuck with crap pic threads.

I'm confused. Why does it matter whether there are 5 picture threads or 50 of them, if you don't go into them? Is it that difficult to scroll down and pass them up? Judging by how many pages they reach, I think it's safe to say the ARE popular.

But since this thread is for opinions, I'll take the opportunity to say that I think too many threads are closed, as opposed to not enough of them. I think that some of the funnest ones to respond to are the pointless ones like "How many times did you pee today?" If the threads are pointless enough that people don't respond, they drop. If someone goes on a meth crazed thread starting spree, I'm all for them getting warned and dealt with appropriately. But in general, the last thing needed on a drug based message board is too much government involvement, external or internal.

redundancy in the lounge has the potential to ruin the forum far more than any amount of offensiveness IMO.

ah but doesn't merging solve this redundancy problem?

zephyr said:
I just think things have changed a little lately, maybe because there has been a change in admin/staff, some of the older regular posters no longer hang around, there are newer folk who are probably a little more sensitive to things than the old crew used to be.

So instead of starting new threads which might hit on touchy subjects only to have them shut down, maybe the line does need to be drawn somewhere so we arent stuck with crap pic threads.

Yeah, all the pic threads are crap... but if anything this place is MORE like it was circa 2001 (the pre-dickwadian era, if you will) only with a shitload more people and a lot more crap to wade through. We have always been harsh on the new people. A major key to fitting in here in the lounge is thick skin. If you can take it as well as you can dish it out, you will be fine.

The great thing about the internets is that, no matter what you are into, chances are you can find a place where like-minded people hang out. For a lot of people, Bluelight's lounge is just that place. If the lounge is too harsh for your fragile sensibilities... well... there is always autobahn (fool me twice, a foolmecangitfooledagin, eh geez?)

L2R said:
ah but doesn't merging solve this redundancy problem?

Take it to Staff! Never let anyone outside the Family know what you're thinking. Sonny Corleone did this once and got himself killed, his dad shot, his brother exiled and he had sex with a woman with a huge vagina.

Can we merge benefit and beagle?

Or how about zephyr and kitd?
hubba hubba

Funny thing is zephyr now wants to have a "calm and mature discussion",yet today I saw her tell one individual to "shut the fuck up ignoramus!" and to another "stfu cockhead!". Not very calm or mature at all.

What it boils down to is you Aussie men need to teach your women better that they should be seen and not heard.:)

ego_loss said:
Yeah, all the pic threads are crap... but if anything this place is MORE like it was circa 2001 (the pre-dickwadian era, if you will) only with a shitload more people and a lot more crap to wade through. We have always been harsh on the new people. A major key to fitting in here in the lounge is thick skin. If you can take it as well as you can dish it out, you will be fine.

The great thing about the internets is that, no matter what you are into, chances are you can find a place where like-minded people hang out. For a lot of people, Bluelight's lounge is just that place. If the lounge is too harsh for your fragile sensibilities... well... there is always autobahn (fool me twice, a foolmecangitfooledagin, eh geez?)

YES!!!

lingo said the internets! =D

oh and i completely agree 100% with his post. omg.8o

sickpuppy said:
What it boils down to is you Aussie men need to teach your women better that they should be seen and not heard.:)

That's one thing the Taliban had right.

That and all the genocide...

what?! she speak good and everyt'ing!
perez-rosie-photo-xl-rosie-perez-6235206.jpg

i have nothing to contribute.

as per usual.

poste merged with astridasteroid = rosie perez

Benefit said:
Like any community, the Lounge is self-regulating. It reflects the personalities of its primary constituents and since online populations are highly fluid, the tenor of this place is constantly shifting .

exactly. content does not need to be moderated where as someone trolling, spamming, or otherwise mucking up the forum should be censored.

Last edited:
sickpuppy said:
Funny thing is zephyr now wants to have a "calm and mature discussion",yet today I saw her tell one individual to "shut the fuck up ignoramus!" and to another "stfu cockhead!". Not very calm or mature at all.

not in this thread though sick puppy. Those threads were not calling for calm and mature discussion. This is the lounge after all.You can go back to bangin those roids now, or maybe penning KB some more of those lovely pms that I hear you love to send.
I <3 you. ;)

Hey he totally ask for that shit. I hardly ever lose my cool around here.:D

vibr8tor said:
I'm confused. Why does it matter whether there are 5 picture threads or 50 of them, if you don't go into them? Is it that difficult to scroll down and pass them up? Judging by how many pages they reach, I think it's safe to say the ARE popular.

It probably doesnt matter, I am talking out my arse as always....maybe pic threads are easier to participate in as they dont require much thought?

ego_loss said:

If anything Lingo, I would like the lounge to be a lot harsher. Where did I say in any post that the lounge was too rough? Spank me harder Lingo, as hard as you can, maybe you will get banned again :D