The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

Some questions:

1) What standard of decency do you expect from this forum?
I expect none. Threads of worthy, interesting discussion, WOOD naked, humoUr that would make Aus Social CRINGE, stuff like that. Lounge is in danger of becoming Aus Social's younger, mongoloid kid sister these days )

2) What subjects do you think are off limits to all ribbing/jokes?
Any subject, taken in the correct context, should be acceptable but theres always a few idiots who ruin things for others and might cause more censorship than necessary.

3) Are there too many bloody picture threads in this forum? (I think so- enough already! :X)
ding! ding! ding! ding! ding!

4) What subjects do you think are actually ok to poke fun at that you might think not be acceptable to others?
Americans should be laughed at.
Aussies EXPECT to be laughed at (we are better than you anyway and you know it!)
Michaels unibrow (because we can now)

5) Is this thread too serious for the lounge and are you only capable of posting pics of various types of women these days?
so far so good

zephyr said:
1) What standard of decency do you expect from this forum?
I don't think there should be a standard of decency because people come on here and represent themselves. Theres no standard in real life and that's part of the attraction of what keeps me coming here.

2) What subjects do you think are off limits to all ribbing/jokes?
Anything in the dark side. Then again I don't believe in censorship.

3) Are there too many bloody picture threads in this forum? (I think so- enough already! :X)
Yes, there are too many picture threads and too many game threads. There should be more of the shoot the shit threads still open that have been closed. It's like before we can comment on anything, things get shut down.

4) What subjects do you think are actually ok to poke fun at that you might think not be acceptable to others?
I get what this is about, but really that was just bad taste (remembering that taste is subjective) of a couple of people.

5) Is this thread too serious for the lounge and are you only capable of posting pics of various types of women these days?
No I only beat it to them, I don't normally post them.

Discuss.

<3

Ok I tried to get serious.

^ lol- at least you tried Tokey. You deserve a lollypop. ;)

So Zephyr... that's a nice ass you have there... what do I think of the lounge? I think it's whatever. As long as I have fun, I really don't care... If I thought I was being pressured to not be my normal self then I would go post somewhere else, or something.

But on a much more serious note, that is a nice ass... It rivals KITD's you know... You two should have an ass off in the nude thread. We could even be fair and let JJ be the judge.

/claps for zephyr

ok i shall revolt with you. make love to me first.

for real tho, how bout suggesting to the staff (in the support forum!) about including a function to allow NO pictures/image tags. similiar to something that allows no signatures.

or just dont go in pic threads...or get cable

i agree with just getting rid of distatseful distaste, like an obviously racist or otherwise hatefull thread, but as stated, how do you really draw the line? ive even had many times where ive asked a thread to be taken down, and was reminded that ya know people do have a right to say whatever the hell they feel. so yeah i guess everyone just has to put up wiht it. i suspect the most immature of subjects will filter its way out after a while anyways.

/posts incredulously obscene pics of zombies raping each other

isnt there a thought and awareness forum?
doesnt that, by default, make it impossible for any thought to go into this forum.

Like any community, the Lounge is self-regulating. It reflects the personalities of its primary constituents and since online populations are highly fluid, the tenor of this place is constantly shifting.

It is, in the ultimate analysis, simply a place to gather all the garbage so it doesn't filter over into the important forums. It's hardly important enough to give much attention to.

Do whatever the fuck you feel like. In the grand scheme of things, drug addicted nerds hardly have any power at all in the real world and are therefore practically subhuman.

^ least funny benefit post ever.

na for rreal tho i agree in full, i think. shit now im a follower.

/prepares for sapuku

Benefit said:
Do whatever the fuck you feel like. In the grand scheme of things, drug addicted nerds hardly have any power at all in the real world and are therefore practically subhuman.

What about

hitler_adolf.jpg
?

Or... Bush?

Addicts end up pwning shit and doing some serious Van-damage.

Had Bluelight been around during the 1930s, I am quite confident Hitler would have been perfectly content with dominating the faggots in Thoughts and Awareness with his German mysticism and occasionally posting about his passionate love for his dead cousin in The Dark Side.

Ergo

Bluelight could have prevented World War II.

WOOD: I dont go in the pic threads because I find them (as DD puts it) dull and redundant. This is just my opinion, I am not trying to change anyone elses to agree with mine. :D Theres just a lot of them- I could be the only person who finds them to be uninteresting. :)

I just think things have changed a little lately, maybe because there has been a change in admin/staff, some of the older regular posters no longer hang around, there are newer folk who are probably a little more sensitive to things than the old crew used to be.

So instead of starting new threads which might hit on touchy subjects only to have them shut down, maybe the line does need to be drawn somewhere so we arent stuck with crap pic threads.

Benefit said:
Had Bluelight been around during the 1930s, I am quite confident Hitler would have been perfectly content with dominating the faggots in Thoughts and Awareness with his German mysticism and occasionally posting about his passionate love for his dead cousin in The Dark Side.

Ergo

Bluelight could have prevented World War II.

LOL! James, don't ever leave BL.

alexander.mosaic.jpg

Alexander: Fucking nerds in the ass and then killing them and marrying their wives while having epileptic seizures and occasionally setting fire to cities like Persepolis and Tyre since 332 BC.

hey i was the one who suggested ((1000 postcount) && (1 year membership)) for lounge, as it could be seen as a privelage.

shit, without the lounge neither wigga nor i would have a thousand posts

think i can reach 6K by oct?