Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Props for the Fight Club quote

IMO, the fundamentally difference between (most) men and woman is:
a. Men are emotionally retarded
b. Woman are insanely insecure

Flame away :)

motiv - It's no-one else's fault if you feel that your balls are shrinking due to assertive women!

You seem to think that we, as women, should pretend to be incompetent, just so you can feel like a man! THAT'S NOT EQUALITY! That's a women suppressing her abilities because of a loser [you!]

A real man is a man, and he doesn't need anyone else to pretend to be weaker than they are! :p

m4dd0g said:
IMO, the fundamentally difference between (most) men and woman is:
a. Men are emotionally retarded
b. Woman are insanely insecure

Flame away :)

I agree with this, actually ;).

I like this:

notafem.jpg

I'm a feminist.

At what point do feminists just become "man-haters"....?

I believe that men and women should be equals, after all, what makes one an "equal"?

Since I am not feminist, (and clearly a "loser" too as Dopplewanger pointed out) Does that mean I am not for equal rights between men and women?

m4dDog, has definetly got a point, which is interesting as it resonated with both a feminist, and an anti-feminist.

Anyway, NO! - I do believe that Men and Women are pretty equal this day in age! Equality is almost an unrealistic joke, because its damn near impossible; yet we find more and more ways to give women the advantage.

For instance, if you are a man in a married relationship with children, and lets say your WIFE cheats on you... Did you know that in most California courts, that woman has a good chance of getting a lawyer, taking your children and also HALF of your paycheck for the next several years or so?

I believe examples like this show how UNEQUAL the system can be against men!

I would respect any woman, who earned (and deserved) the same or MORE pay than I would make doing the same job.

I am pro-reproductive rights, as a woman should choose. Except if a woman wanted an abortion against the will of the father. . (then it should be a joint-decision, morally, but not legally)

Sexual freedom! of course I support that, as long as it is synonimous with "Free sex".. jk... Girls should have lots of sex with boys, and vice-versa.. Is anyone arguing with this one?

And I respect respect respect most all women, if they show proper respect in turn!

What are we missing here?

This is an important issue ^ ... why don't you go to the nudie thread or something?

motiv311 said:
Its nice that I try and have a little interesting convo/debate.. and people use insults while defending feminism..

Didn't you learn anything from gandhi or MLK civil rights movement? How is insulting me going to change my views?

I can critisize the gender-gap as much as a please. And your put-downs only further convince me that I am grounded in my beliefs.

motiv311 said:
I just don't support feminists, as usually I find they are just fugly and resentful towards men because they get no attention. Most good-looking girls are less freaky liberal....

leavetheinternet.jpg

Timmmmmmmmmm-Ber Land

^
^
My shoes fit fine, Jus'tin case Ya Misses'tit.

JIC I T'awt Dis Fread Was 'bout Bonez....

Your sarcastasismness is nearly as cleaver as beaver, bro.

Bi el-bad

motiv311 said:
Girls should have lots of sex with boys, and vice-versa.. Is anyone arguing with this?

Possibly peeps who have caughty the gay.
Warn 'em, cap.
Let 'em k-now...

8o

motiv311 said:
At what point do feminists just become "man-haters"....?

I believe that men and women should be equals, after all, what makes one an "equal"?

Since I am not feminist, (and clearly a "loser" too as Dopplewanger pointed out) Does that mean I am not for equal rights between men and women?

Anyway, NO! - I do believe that Men and Women are pretty equal this day in age! Equality is almost an unrealistic joke, because its damn near impossible; yet we find more and more ways to give women the advantage.

When the female victims in sexual assault cases are not questioned about 'provocative' behaviour or asked whether they'd been drinking or accused of lying...
When sexual assault law reforms actually result in a positive impact for women...
When equal pay for equal work is guaranteed (as opposed to the 85:100 ratio we have now)...
When I can kiss another girl in a 'straight' area without horny boys cheering me on like I am performing for their pleasure...
When maternity leave does not result in questions about job or income security...
When parenting and household duties are shared in the vast majority of heterosexual couples...
When abortions are taken out of the Crimes Act (for NSW) and legalised in a more secure piece of legislation...
When ALL women have fair access to contraception (which is not the case in some remote rural areas)...
When tampons, pads and breast pads are no longer subject to the GST...
... I will feel equal.

Huge gains have been made, yes, but "pretty equal" is not equal enough.

Oh, and just so you know, generally the "man-hating" feminists that give the rest of us a bad name are contemporary lesbian radical feminists. Feminism is a blanket term for a huge amount of theories regarding women. I consider myself a liberal feminist, though not a strict one, as all subtypes of feminism have strengths and weaknesses. If you actually want to educate yourself instead of making sweeping statements about how ALL feminists hate men, it might do you good to go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

motiv311 said:
For instance, if you are a man in a married relationship with children, and lets say your WIFE cheats on you... Did you know that in most California courts, that woman has a good chance of getting a lawyer, taking your children and also HALF of your paycheck for the next several years or so?

I believe examples like this show how UNEQUAL the system can be against men!

You are aware that many feminists actually advocate for shared parenting. The point that you made is quite reminiscent of the arguments of the men's movement - a reactionary social movement that argues that feminism has gone 'too far'. In reality, the goals of the men's movement and the feminist movement are incredibly similar.

Last edited:
well then , what are we all arguing about!

c'mon , you can't kiss a girl in a public park, and not expect guys to look on with interest! thats just unrealistic.....

If two gay guys kissed, people would look on with disgust for the most part. I feel so discriminated against!

Women who have a sense of self-worth can make just as much/ more money than a male counterpart. An individual woman, with the right brains can actually be VERY powerful and influencial; partly because she IS a woman. In social aspects women inherently have an "influential" gift over men. Just look at Adam and Eve.

I am quite aware of the men's revolution, I wrote my college thesis on it. I am a little rusty, but my LESBIAN FEMINIST teacher gave me a 'B' on my lecture; and I don't think she liked the message very much.

p.s. I wasn't being sarcastic to monsta

Look, nobody cares about your 18th century views. Go beat your chick with a stick no wider than your thumb or something.

Word DoubleUp

That's the kinda guy he is.
He understands your pain.

Is this now jus'ta slangin' match
between you
& the common good?

Status
Not open for further replies.