• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

Ok, slightly ignorant question but could someone compare LSD to mushrooms in terms of facts not "Yeah it's better the end" sort of thing.
I'd like to know the real differences between mushrooms and LSD in an un-biased way if that's at all possible.

Thanks.

i have had several experiences with mushrooms, and only one experience with LSD so i cant really compare the two until i try LSD more.

I felt LSD to be less intense than mushrooms (though i only had two hits of supposed weak acid) but also i found them too last much longer.

The LSD visuals were very unique, i have tried AMT and Mushrooms and i would say LSD's visuals to be more similar to AMT than Mushrooms. I really enjoyed my time on acid, felt more social than mushrooms, i felt more comfortable yet at times it did get quite intense. LSD felt clearer headed in that ideas come easier and mushrooms did get more confusing, yet to me the most confusing drug out of all those three was a high dose AMT trip.

As everyone says, you will have to try it to see for yourself, it wasw definately not what i expected, but then again it never is =D

wow, awesome thread. I usually get looked at funny when I tell people I love low dose lsd experiences.

anyway, i have a handful of experiences in the 1/8-1/2 hit range. All were very rewarding. One time I took 1/8 of a hit and went down in the woods and smoked some herb. The forest shone with a magical light...I had a great time that day. As with all my low dose experiences, I was very appreciative of everything, both physical things in the immediate world and of ideas as well.

I think low dose lsd experiences can be very good for contemplation, as you dont really get any wandering thoughts/mind twisting. Although, I recently learned how much set and setting really does affect the trip. One month ago i took under 1/2 hit of yellow geltab and spent the night with my buddies out at the beach in my one friends condo. As I lay out on the balcony, something amazing happened. At the peak, I experienced control of my visuals. I was able to look at the cloudy sky and full moon and with concentration, make all the stars, clouds, and the moon melt away and reappear at will. All that without being nearly insane.

I hope to do much more experimentation with low dosing in the future.

I agree with MGS.

All drugs are ace at lower doses. It's at the lower doses that one can appreciate the subtleties and personality of a drug. I'm also of the opinion that it's at these lower doses that we learn most about ourselves. The obliteration of the self isn't always a desirable goal - especially if you wish to reintegrate the experience with 'reality' (and especially if you have a shitty post-drug memory, like I).

Excellent thread. Excellent people.

Yeah low dose can have its place I agree personally medium to high is where its at for me. I find that so much more is gained from higher dose , yes low dose is easy but high dose is a greater way of seeing deeper! (sometimes;) )

tambourine-man said:
I'm also of the opinion that it's at these lower doses that we learn most about ourselves. .

Hm I cannot agree re: LSD particularly! One learns by removing the (filters) the more that is used the more effective the revealing process IMHO. now I would agree that one may not be consciously aware of these *insights* but subconscious works as well over a little longer time eventually the realisation will dawn!

Comparing low-dose trips and high-dose trips is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. They both work in different ways, accomplishing different tasks. IMO, if you wanna split hairs, it's the low-dose trips where I learn the most about my integrated, aware-side of my psyche... and it's the high doses where I learn of more, deeper, hidden aspects of my psyche that need to be integrated, and that I need to become aware of.

That's not even a great description of the two... so suffice it to say that low-dose LSD and high-dose LSD are almost like two very different drugs, making it pointless to say one is better than the other. They each serve different purposes, IMO.

1 blotter, 1/2 blotter,5 blotters, "fullblown" trip...
that means nothing. I am not saying anything new, just that it depends on the blotter.. obvious, i know... 1 blotter can have 150mics and another one just 15. Have a look @ erowid's old tested blotters from the 60s-70s or something..[i believe these days blotters are generally weaker, not sure though..]
even individual's micrograms guesstimate is very approximate...
Anyways..
For me a low-dose would be something less than 60-70micrograms though..
20-25mics is said to be threshold-effects...
But I have this feeling that when you take a high dose you necessarily pass from the 'low-dose' mind-set when coming down... :D ( yes, it's not exactly the same of course because you have passed THE peak and many hours of tripping but you get what I mean]...

I also think it's not only about the dose but about the individual's approach as well.. Someone can gain a lot even from a low-dose.. It's important how you handle the lyssergic energy and how you use it...

dunwich said:
wow, awesome thread. I usually get looked at funny when I tell people I love low dose lsd experiences.

Same here.

But when handling the original orange crumbly sunshine tabs, I always ingested a bunch through my fingers. And there would always be a corner of the baggy filled with sunshine dust that had crumbled off during transport. I would carry an empty baggy around and take a lick every once and a while. I should have gotten the Guiness record for the longest sustained lo-dose orange sunshine high. It lasted about 6 months during the spring/summer of '69

Church said:
Comparing low-dose trips and high-dose trips is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. They both work in different ways, accomplishing different tasks. IMO, if you wanna split hairs, it's the low-dose trips where I learn the most about my integrated, aware-side of my psyche... and it's the high doses where I learn of more, deeper, hidden aspects of my psyche that need to be integrated, and that I need to become aware of.
I think that's actually quite a nice way of describing it.

Hmm well I think each individual is diffdrent and therefore will respond in different ways, personally I find low dose frustrating at times, I need to get to a certain point or I feel let down i.e. nothing significant or fun happens for me!

I'm yet to experience a full blow hit...

But i've had so much fun on low dose, but i guess it gets to that point where you want visuals....

But low dose LSD is probably the funnest thing to be on while enjoying a normal day. It just enhances everything, and like said above, makes me so much more creative and thoughtful...

It still provided realisations etc, but on it, i realised i could persuade myself out of a bad trip fairly easily too.

great stuff.

^Yeah once you hit the higher heights you may find it less exciting or as others you maybe will be contented , I hope you are contented1

echoesFromtheVoid said:
reverntmike that is awsome! I wish i coulda been tripping away the summer of 69!

There were downturns . . . like being called in for a draft physical stoned on acid.

Where were you? That was the summer of Woodstock. But I didn't go. I figured, so what, another rock concert, I don't have to hitchhike 2000 miles for a rock concert, I'm already on Mars.

I often feel like I am on a low dose of LSD. Funny I would say that, I have never done a low dose of LSD...done that with shrooms tho. Its a really neat thing, my thoughts were so clear and fluent and I felt so relaxed and at ease. %)

I always liked this thread, and I was thinking about it today, so BUMP!! Come on, people, tell me more!! Why do you like low-dose LSD? :D

i like low level doses of lsd because, the first time i took it i had a teeny bit and fell in love with the drug! i felt like a huge duvet was cuddling me up and making me all warm, and i remember the intense feeling of relief...all the troubles that i'd been having seemed to be lifting away from me and i knew that i was going to be okay. Also the fact that i had been so anti-acid, and then trusted my partner enough to try it with him really meant something to me and i think made our relationship stronger. and that was it a giggle fest, with drawings in my vision. since then i havn't really had a low dose...been more interested in 'finding' myself. but think i may have to again soon.

when I get 1/2 of an eighth of mushroom it is like 1/4 blotter (obviously good quality blotter) for me,
which is still social,
but I do certainly get squirmy
(that is how my wife would know
-"can't you sit still? are you stoned?" -"yes" -always tell the truth),
and 1/4 acid makes me quite a bit amazed by the lights
which are 20 times the size of normal.
wood grain takes on depth, etc.
driving is impossible.

I can be placated with less if I need to be more responsible,
or if I am using it therapeutically (i.e. for air travel - sinus clearing etc.)

The last few trips I've had on LSD have been pretty low dose (1/2 to 1 blotter, though there was a 5hit journey in there) and I've really hated it. It totally inteferes with my normal daily life, I can't immerse myself in the trip, so I get bored and want to do 'normal' stufff, read, have a nap, etc. but it seems I can't forget that I'm on the low dose LSD. I tend to get really sick and end up purging due to the anxiety- its like I'm in two dimensions at once, or travelling two different directions at once, which is nauseating. I prefer completely immersive trips.

Low doses can be good to really determine the effects of LSD.