• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

I managed to micro-dose everyday without any diminished effects. I read somewhere that if it's not at a psychedelic dose no tolerance will build up.

so ascendent: your two batches of micro-dosing was around 10 days each? Curious about micro-dosing. I've been experimenting with micro-dosing al-lad at about 15-35ug with one week breaks in between. Wondering if I could push up the frequency without experiencing tolerance. It sounds like you have been able to with LSD.

Micro doses of LSD is, IMO the absolute best drug for appreciating live music! By micro doses I mean 1/4 of a blotter, but I have no idea how many mics.
Also, i think it is great for social occasions. My social skill really seem to improve. I have tried LSZ like that too and had similar (if not equal) results.
Never tried less than 1/2 AL-LAD blotter, but at this dose it was really easy to socialize, while the effects were very present.

Interesting topic, a good read.

I've never done lsd but have some tabs that are reportedly 125ug. I'm interested in using a low dose on a night out in a busy bar/nightclub scene. I've been a moderately heavy mdma user for 2 years, and want to see if this could be used as an effective substitute in social outings for when taking longer breaks from mdma and cocaine.

I'm thinking half a tab, so 62.5ug would be a good dose? As far as i know, alcohol and heavy doses of acid are a no no, but small doses of lsd and a few drinks compliment each other quite well, so would be having a few beers with it too.

I've tried dosing low (~100mcg) before but I always end up redosing. My favorite aspect of the LSD experience is the body high, which I find I need 150mcg at the very least to really enjoy.
If I'm after a more mellow and functional trip, I'll use something like 2C-E or DOM instead.

I took a single hit I traded from someone a few weeks back. Generally 1 hit of LSD barely does anything to me but I wanted to test it, as it was claimed to be very good. I had a wonderful, humorous, beautiful night where I just felt perfect... everything was flowing, I was inspired, talkative, social, and completely at peace. I didn't really fully trip, no visuals whatsoever, no tripping thoughts either, but it was great and my mind was very sharp and focused. I took it pretty late so I ended up not sleeping at all, just laying down in meditation for about 2 hours. I sprung up the next morning and felt just as amazing despite no sleep and laying on the floor. We were going to have an all-day jamming day, but my friends were still sleeping so I went for a vigorous 2 hour nature hike. Then we started playing music, and it was like all the floodgates were open, I couldn't believe the stuff I was doing, or that we were doing as a group. The experience of it made me feel incredibly energized and euphoric, and the "trip" actually seemed to get stronger with my excitement. I was jumping around, the amount of energy I had was pretty incredible... it was one of the best days I've had in a long time. I ended up staying up til like 3am that night and went downtown with my friend who had just finally broken up with his crazy girlfriend, and finally crashed out. Definitely the best 1-hit LSD trip I've ever had. Since I didn't sleep I still felt the energy from it 24 hours later.

It was definitely LSD too, I know DOXs better than probably any other class of psychedelics and it was not one of those. LSD is great, so light and natural in the body.

It's been 9 years since I suggested to Church to create this thread, and Xorkie only tries it now. :D

Delighted to hear you had a good time. It's been a long time since I've done LSD at all. Maybe someday soon again. :)

Hey felix, I didn't even know if you were still around. :)

Yeah I finally have reliable sources of LSD, so I am of course trying it in different amounts and settings. For science. ;)

I managed to micro-dose everyday without any diminished effects. I read somewhere that if it's not at a psychedelic dose no tolerance will build up.

I normally try to take 15-30µg when micro-dosing and I experience tolerance problem if I take the same dose on the next day (two days after there is almost no problem with tolerance, but daily!? I tried increasing the dose 2x, but still the effects were greatly reduced).

Did you take any other substances/nootropics during your micro-dosing daily experiment? Maybe some other substances are able to fight the problem of LSD tolerance.

I think I've lost my love for low-dose LSD. I just seem to notice the little things like edginess, stimulation and muscle tension(albeit slight, I'm just sensitive to stims) on low doses. Whereas medium to high doses of the same exact L will hit me smoothly with the aforementioned effects hardly noticeable. Low dose tryptamine experiences also have an uncomfortable feel to them for me - it's kinda strange that taking more actually helps alleviate that mild-but-annoyingly uncomfortable low dose trip headspace.

Edit: also, after re-reading through this thread it seems to me that a lot of peeps are describing mediumish - knocking on the door of full blown tripping types of experiences? I dunno mang..

Last edited:
I think I've lost my love for low-dose LSD. I just seem to notice the little things like edginess, stimulation and muscle tension(albeit slight, I'm just sensitive to stims) on low doses. Whereas medium to high doses of the same exact L will hit me smoothly with the aforementioned effects hardly noticeable. Low dose tryptamine experiences also have an uncomfortable feel to them for me - it's kinda strange that taking more actually helps alleviate that mild-but-annoyingly uncomfortable low dose trip headspace.

Edit: also, after re-reading through this thread it seems to me that a lot of peeps are describing mediumish - knocking on the door of full blown tripping types of experiences? I dunno mang..

This is my observation, too, especially if the dose I took turned out to be a bit over 30uq rather than intended 15-30uq. In such cases I feel like I am on a mediumish trip, although I can still do most of the staff and be more efficient doing them. The only problem might be that I won't be motivated to do them in this state.
My low-dose might also work stronger than expected when I took some Piracetam before/recently. I feel Piracetam can really potentiate the effect of low-dose LSD and make the low-dose more effiecient.

I can relate to many of your experiences with low-dosing. Low-dosing does oftentimes make me feel uncomfortable. I can feel the edginess, tension and stimulation you talk about. Sometimes the feelings are on comfortable levels, sometimes less. But it is very rarely as uncomfortable that I would like to give up a dose. Sometimes my body kind of opposes against taking a dose, but maybe it is because our bodies don't like to feel stimulated too often or too much ;-) I hope it is not a sign that it is an unhealhy thing to do. Actually LSD feels quite healthy and almost purifying (physically and psychologically) to me (contrary to RCs like 2c- family or MDMA).

For the time being I haven't lost my love for low-dose LSD. I am aware anything that is done frequently/regularly loses some of its charm. But for me it is still charming to be able to use a low-dose 2-3 times a week.

The only problem I would like to solve is the high LSD tolerance. If I take a low-dose today, I won't be able to take it tomorrow with similar effects. I can double the dose, but it will still be another kind of experience - mostly stimulation.

Nobody interested in such an interesting topic?!

Personally I would love to know ideas people have as to dealing with the quick LSD tolerance. I would like to be able to micro-dose as often as daily, instead of limiting myself to 2-3 times a week due to the tolerance problem.
So far I've been inquiring on different forums about the ways of counteracting the up-regulation of the serotonin receptors which is the cause of the tolerance, but unfortunately haven't got any definitive answers.
The idea of increasing each next micro-dose, doubling or tripling does not sound practical at all - starting with the dose of 15mcgs, one would have to finish the week with almost 1000mcgs 'micro'-dose!
The other way I thought, was to try to find other substances that would potentiate the effects of LSD. One could use them on the second day and the next days of microdosing. The substances like racetams seem to potentiate LSD effects, but probably not enough overcome the up-regulation and to some extent they color the experience in their own way. Still this way could deserves more researching.
If the priority is to be able to micro-dose every day, one could alternate different psychedelics, especially the phenethylamines - 2C-family (e.g. 2C-D), mescaline as well as MDMA or even cannabis sativa - all in micro-qualitities. I've heard that shrooms have less of tolerance problem than LSD so maybe they could be used, too. Anyway it will be no more LSD micro-dosing, I guess;-)

Any other ways? Other practical ideas?

Last edited:
I don't think you can beat the system, as compelling as that is. Doing something like 1 day on, 2 days off might be viable long-term.

The 2 days off gives you an opportunity to try to integrate the positive changes you enjoy from micro-dosing, to try to incorporate the different perspective/mindset/power into normal un-dosed life.

Hopefully this isn't a trite suggestion, but practice meditation on the days off. A lot of people find benefits from meditation that are similar to microdosed psychedelics, and the nice thing is you don't build up tolerance to it!

Switching psychedelics will get you a little further, but not much, because they basically all work on the same sets of receptors to varying degrees.

I really enjoy micro-dosing, but I'm concerned that it's not safe. I wish it was more common and well studied so that we'd know if there were risks to your heart valves or anything like that.

I don't think you can beat the system, as compelling as that is. Doing something like 1 day on, 2 days off might be viable long-term.

The 2 days off gives you an opportunity to try to integrate the positive changes you enjoy from micro-dosing, to try to incorporate the different perspective/mindset/power into normal un-dosed life.

Hopefully this isn't a trite suggestion, but practice meditation on the days off. A lot of people find benefits from meditation that are similar to microdosed psychedelics, and the nice thing is you don't build up tolerance to it!

Switching psychedelics will get you a little further, but not much, because they basically all work on the same sets of receptors to varying degrees.

I really enjoy micro-dosing, but I'm concerned that it's not safe. I wish it was more common and well studied so that we'd know if there were risks to your heart valves or anything like that.

I used to practice meditation quite a lot for some time and I think I was beneficial for me. It helped me to get into the relaxed and concentrated at the same time, state of mind. It helped to create 'emotional space' - distance to oneself and generally it felt good. Apart from well-being it seemed to help me see the broader perspective of things. However I had two issues with meditation. First of all, it took too much time to achieve the desired state. Secondly the achieved state of mind was not as stable as the drug induced one and not as stong. Drugs seem more reliable as to obtaining the desired effects. Meditation can also be hard to practice during rough emotional times.
I am considering coming back to meditation, but this time it would be done in very short (5-15min) sessions. I think meditation might be a good addition, but unfortunately I don't see it replacing drugs/micro-dosing.

Potential health risks from regular dosing is also something that concerns me and I would like to know more about it. Although the example of LSD inventor - Albert Hoffman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann) who lived for 102 years during which time he probably took a lot of acid, gives me some solace ;-) In general, LSD feels healthy and purifying both physically and psychologically to me. It kind of help put things into greater balance. The only thing I would be concerned is also hearth related issues due to the regular drug-induced stimulation. On the other side, we are being stimulated all the time by our environment. Additionally micro-dosing can save us some unhealthy stress as well as help us to be more effective and happy :)

Last edited:
^ nice post bebekbu

I wish Hofmann was a little more revealing about his frequency of LSD use. I've scoured the web a lot to try to figure out how often he took LSD, and I couldn't get much info. It's certainly encouraging that he lived so long, and he seemed to be very healthy and lucid to his last days. I've read that he liked to micro-dose, but how often seems up in the air. I've also read that in his latter years he never used LSD anymore.

In general, LSD feels healthy and purifying both physically and psychologically to me. It kind of help put things into greater balance.

I agree.

Thanks!

It's really a shame that we don't know more about Hoffman's LSD regimen. I've heard about his micro-dosing, but I've never read he gave up LSD in the latter years. Do you remember the source of the information? It would be a bit strange to stop a good thing. Maybe after many years of use he had kind of 'lasting LSD effect' and was on LSD even when he wasn't so no need to take it anymore ;-)

For me it's not worth taking less than 50µg as even on a threshold dose i get the coming up chills/shivers for the first few hours and it's not worth it if all i'm going to feel is some slight effects, my memory isn't great on threshold doses either so i don't find it beneficial for normal everyday use, most of the benefits of a trip for me are actually after it wears off

I've heard Hofmann last took LSD when he was 97

For me it's not worth taking less than 50µg as even on a threshold dose i get the coming up chills/shivers for the first few hours and it's not worth it if all i'm going to feel is some slight effects, my memory isn't great on threshold doses either so i don't find it beneficial for normal everyday use, most of the benefits of a trip for me are actually after it wears off

I've heard Hofmann last took LSD when he was 97

With Hoffman - it's interesting! I wonder why he would stop at 97. Maybe he had some heart condition or other health problem.

Have you tried smaller doses like 15-20mcgs? Would be still have chills/shivers at these quantities?

I think Hofmann said that he didn't feel like there was any reason to take more LSD, he'd basically had his fill and there wasn't anything more to get out of the experience for him. Understandable. I don't think it was health related.

Sorry I don't have the time or energy to dig up quotes/references right now. Maybe I'll come back and add them later.

I think Hofmann said that he didn't feel like there was any reason to take more LSD, he'd basically had his fill and there wasn't anything more to get out of the experience for him. Understandable. I don't think it was health related.

Sorry I don't have the time or energy to dig up quotes/references right now. Maybe I'll come back and add them later.

Sure, thank you for the info anyway. I might look for it myself.

To be honest, it is not quite understandable for me that he would conclude there was nothing more he could get from LSD, but I haven't had the number of LSD trips he had nor I have never had his age :)