• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

I do enjoy a low dose of good acid I have to say. Makes everything that much more fun without things being too intense. For example, I get really giddy, sociable and dancey with some minor visuals going on. Music sounding just great. It's a very nice vibe that I have. Kind of feel like I'm a kid sometimes haha. Sometimes I get the whole slow motion feeling but it's very comfortable. I've only purposely gone low dose when clubbing or festival mode though. Actually on my last occasion I added a small amount of GBL after the peak and it just smoothed everything out so well. Added euphoria and depth to already lovely sounding music.

I agree pretty much with everything you said Funkadelica, taking just enough acid to feel it is my preferred method most of the time for many reasons, but definitely the ones you mentioned. Taking a hit of acid going to the club is certainly alot easier on the wallet than redosing on MDMA two or three times throughout the night. And in a club atmosphere, I feel like too much acid can get too intense with the lights, the smoke/fog and strobe lights. It's more catered to MDMA visuals than acid visuals.

Now if only acid was more available. I mean, I pretty much always keep a ten strip around, but I will hardly ever let it go down to less than 5 hits. If I get down to 5 hits, i generally won't dose until I can get more, which at times is upwards of 1+ years.

On Saturday I tried half blotter of 100ug supposing it was nearly evenly laid. So it must have been around 50ug. OMG! I never thought that it'll be wonderful like that. I loved it. I mean I loved everything about it. Everything became more beautiful, like in a powerful lucid dream. Music was extraordinary like it was expected. Nothing changed visually, just clarity, but on the inside I was a lot more different. It was stimulant almost like MDMA. I slept after 6 hours like a baby :D This'll probably be my favorite thing in the future.

A chapter from Fadiman's book "The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide" -
Chapter 15: "Can Sub-Perceptual Doses Of Psychedelics Improve Normal Functioning?
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7527/excerpt.gif
Clip from that link:
Great link I ran it through OCR, will upload in a second.
I scan texts a lot recently and this way its easier to read on phones etc

I find this low dose thing very interesting, unforunately I dont have any lsd around but a lot of phens and tryptamines.
The only one I havent tried low dose is 4-aco-dmt, I might do that or 25c which I never tried because measuring is such a hassle.

Excerpt from "The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide" by James Fadiman Ph.D.

CAN SUB-PERCEPTUAL DOSES OF PSYCHEDELICS IMPROVE NORMAL FUNCTIONING?

Although no formal research exists on sub-perceptual doses, a growing number of people have been using psychedelics this way. When people take a sub perceptual amount—for LSD, about 10 micrograms (also known as a micro-dose, subdose, or "tener")—the common sensory effects associated with higher doses of LSD or psilocybin—a glow or a sparkle around the edges of living things, sensory interweaving such as hearing in color or tasting music, and a loosening of ego boundaries—do not appear. What follow are reports from people who have used these small doses of LSD and psilocybin. Some are from longtime users and others are from people trying them for the first time£

Indigenous cultures have known about and used sub-perceptual doses of different psychedelics for centuries. Until recently, this knowledge has been overlooked. After being involved in research on sub-perceptual dosages for over a year, I found myself embarrassed at my own cultural bias as I came to realize I had ignored the obvious, and that indigenous heal-ers or shamans, working with their own psychedelic plants, have systematically and fully explored every dose level.

As these reports are the first to appear in the literature. I've avoided coming to any general conclusions about these low doses beyond noting that all the reports in my files indicate, as these individuals have, that low-dose use has been positive.

Reports: LSD Charles

"Charles," an environmental expert and a ghostwriter ofnonfiction books, look sub-perceptual doses of LSD once every three days. His report is part user's guide and part personal response. He lives in Madison, Wisconsin, with his wife, two children, and three cats.

When the idea of micro-dosing was suggested, it was made even more intriguing by the notion that this was something I could do during my regular workday and that nobody else even had to know what I was up to.

There are also some cautions, some hard-learned do's and don'ts, and I just wanted to quickly run through them here before describing what you might expect (or at least what I experienced).

• Be conservative in following the protocol, including the amount and the days bet ween doses.

• Slick with your normal patterns, especially eating, working and sleeping.

• Be very discreet as to whom you let know.

So first, be conservative in howmuch you take and how often youtake it. It's best to start small. The goal isn't the McKenna-size heroic dose or even the standard 80- to 120-microgram "effective" dose, but something one-tenth the size of that, that is, 10 micrograms, or somewhere between 6 and 12 micrograms. So be conservative, especially if you aren't exactly sure of how much you're giving yourself. If you take more, if you really start "getting off," then if you're like me, you'll have a hard time proceeding with your "normal" day. So start small, and if it's too small, you can always add more the next time.

Also, go slow The protocol I followed had me take a micro-dose one day, then carefully observe any ongoing or lingering effects the second day, and then give myself the third day completely off. By going slow; you give yourself a chance to really know, to really observe what is different, why it's different, and howyoucan bea take advantage of it. The day you're completely off is great as a reset day, kind of like clearing the mind/body palate. Then you're fresh and ready to undertake the experiment again.

Second, do what you normally do. Make sure you eat your regular meals, 9ay hydrated, do your regular exercise, meditations, and practices, and so on. The idea here is to stay grounded while youare being stimulated, ever so slightly, beyond your normal parameters.

Third, be discreet. You may want to, or need to, tell your mate, your housemate, or your best friend, but generally speaking the fewer who know; the better. Note that by going small, your behavior, your demeanor, and your external appearance will be pretty much like normal.

I've regularly felt four kinds of effects from micro-doses: physical, emotional, creative, and spiritual.

Physical: Within an hour after I swallowmy little glass of water or sugar cube, I start feeling more energy. It's a kind of bubbling burning on a very low level; my cells and systems are pumped up with a noticeable kind of buzz that is very different from caffeine (which I often use), speed (which I never use), or pot (which I'm very familiar with). What's lovely is that it's a kind of good secondary energy, that is, I can use it to work out with weights, do Pilates, ride my bike, or really just enjoy being with my body. And if, like me, you're a regular caffeine user, you might ingest a little less caffeine than usual, but it's also fine to continue with your regular amounts. That is to say, I haven't found any negative combinatory effects with caffeine (or pot for that matter). And yes, you will need to have a good night's sleep afterward; buzzing with extra energy eventually tires you out. Emoti onal: My micro-dose mentor once told me that at the very lowest micro-doses you see how much God loves you, if you take a bit more, you also see howmuch youlove God, and if you take quite a bit more, then of course it gets pretty hard to disentangle exactly who youare and who God is. What I find is that it's easy for me to appreciate everyone and everything in my life, to very easily and naturally step into a space of gratitude andsustain it. Creative: I've found that I've had some brilliant outbursts (at least they seemed brilliant to me) with respect to both work product and personal creative projects. What seems to happen is that the " floW' state described by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and noted frequently in the sports arena is a lot easier to access and stay in. Also, it's relatively easy to access and stay in the state that the consciousness explorer John Lilly once called your "professional satori," that is, you are doing what you do professionally, you are doing it well, time passes quickly, and you are pleased with your output. If you have a serious work project, if a lot is due all at once and you feel under the gun, you will want to think twice about micro-dosing but it may just pay off. Spi ritual: What I feel that micro-dosing does is to slightly rearrange my neural furniture so that glimmers of full-on psychedelic states are constantly pouring into my awareness. I can see how the spidei; her web the wall the web is on, the house the wall is part of, the town the house is part of, and so on, are all connected It becomes easy to see those connections, in fact, practically self-evident. And from there, it's just a short step to radically affirming the tightness of the spider's web, just the way it is in this moment.

And this occurs not in a distracted way, but in a marvelous, enlightening, synchronistic, divine way. The Truth of What Is is simply easier to spot, and

that makes everything else easier. Even the next day—the day after—the hint of universal connectedness is still quite apparent. It's unclear to me whether I'm just becoming sensitized to LSD or whether something else is going on, perhaps an ongoing yearning and learning to make just a little bit more out of the reality that I'm perceiving. That is, over my months of micro-dosing, my expectations as to what is easily possiUe to see have grown. My Amazing Meter seems to be permanently set to a slightly lower threshold in a way that I feel has made my life more pleasurable, more powerful, andmore effective in terms of my being able to take care of myself and contribute back to others. It's almost like I was born to be like this, and now I get to be like this, on an increasingly regular basis, all thanks to an astonishingly small amount of the substance LSD-25.1 don't knowif this will help me to reach beyond the one-hundred-year mark like Albert Hofmann did but I'm pretty certain I'll have a more interesting, effective, andjoyous ride regardless.

Madeline

Madeline, a tall, almost willowy, woman in her early thirties, lives in Manhattan. Her report fills in some of her different occupations. She is married and has a four-year-old child.

As the subway rumbles along toward downtown, my observation of the passengers around me is that they put utter poison into their bodies! A woman in a camel-colored suit and white gym shoes uses a plastic knife to spread cream cheese on a giant bagel, washing it all down with gulps of soda. A few others enjoy fast-food breakfasts; enough sandwiches and hash browns are withdrawn from steamy paper sacks to scent the entire car with fryer oil. I wonder for a moment about what these people would think about my peculiar breakfast ritual—20 micrograms of LSD chased a bit later by green juice made from juiced cucumbers, sunflower sprouts, and pea greens.

I arrive at my temporary office where I'm on a seven-week contract editing film. The documentary I'm working on has a budget of nearly nine hundred thousand dollars and will air on the second best network. My job is to screen nearly fifty hours of historical footage and knit it together into a story arc. I snip the footage down to its most essential bits, add narration notes, and harvest sound bites. I feel deeply connected to my work, focused and in the flow I barely come up for air for the next five hours because I am so sincerely enjoying what I'm doing. I laugh aloud and occasionally cry at poignant moments. I love my work. Although I'm not hungry and don't feel in need of a break, I know that it is healthy to take one. Once outside, the world is too bright, even with my sunglasses on. I have very large blue eyes and naturally large pupils, and anything above 10 micrograms of LSD makes them as big as saucers.

After a six-block walk, I feel hungry, and I sit my lunchbox and thermos on a ledge at my favorite park. I begin Chinese exercises and deep breathing. The movement feels wonderful, and I feel so healthy and connected to my body that I begin to tear up for a second and enjoy a little laigh that can only be described as a release of joy and gratitude. I plan a longer than average workday today and will skip the gym, so this stolen moment of movement and sunshine is essential. My lunch is a thermos of mild green tea and four small salads that I made a day earlier. One is seaweed with sesame seeds, another chickpeas, another quinoa, and the last is fruit with coconut and pecans. Exquisitely nourished I head back to my office for another four-hour stretch.

Sub-doses of 10 to 20 micrograms allow me to increase my focus, open my heart, and achieve breakthrough results while remaining integrated within my routine. While a full dose requires that I carefully plan my surroundings, on a sub-dose I am fully able to navigate all manner of logistics and social interactions. I would venture to say that my wit, response time, and visual and mental acuity seem greater than normal on it. I utilize a sub-dose about six days each month and sometimes more often if I am engrossed in a project requiring extraordinary focus. This has been my practice for more than ten years, andit has facilitated my success working in mainstream and independent media, staff-level positions in government, and publishing dozens of pieces of journalistic work.

I am not saying that I wouldn't have done any of this without LSD, but I am saying that I wouldn't have <k>ne all of this without it. The practice of sub-dosing transforms my work from being work to being creative play.

I'm a naturally persuasive person, able to enlist others in my vision, but never more so than when I am enhanced by a subdose. Therefore, I find it essential to my work as a grant writer and coalition builder to open myself in this way. One of my standard responses to the question "How are you doing?" from a colleague is to reply that I am doing"soaringly well." It really sums up what it feels like to perform my work while sub-dosing: it's somewhat like flying.

I had never heard of sub-dosing when I began doing it. After a coiple years of wonderful success with the practice, I met a friend of Terence McKenna's who, upon hearing about my practice, explained that he uses subdoses too—something he learned from McKenna. He explained that Albert Hofmann did the same thing and that McKenna told him that Hofmann believed that LSD sub-doses would have gone on to be widely prescribed in much the same way as Ritalin, had it not been so harshly scheduled

I played with big doses before I played with small ones. I experimented with 250- to 800-microgram doses and learned to surrender to their intensity. My experiences at these doses were profound amazing, and fun, but ultimately, I couldn't bring too much back with me. I left super-high doses in the late nineties.

Then I began to experiment with subdoses. I don't drink alcohol because I find it a bit harsh and numbing, so I was looking for something to make me feel sparkly and up at cocktail parties and networking events. I tried a few cups of coffee, but I wasn't quite loose enough and I'd still get tired so I began trying small doses instead I found that on sub-doses, I made more meaningful and lasting connections, and my own evolution seemed to accelerate, as if I were able to accomplish more living within the same span of time.

I wondered how sub-doses could be employed within my career, and I began using them for bigger assignments and events. I also expanded my role within my own family during this time, and became the one most often consulted Following conversations with relatives and friends, they would report feeling truly seen. Within only a few months of discovering sub-doses, my skills as a listener and communicator had blossomed Interestingly, a number of family members appointed me executor to their estates almost immediately after I began using sub-doses.

I find that 10 to 20 micrograms of LSD is both a stimulant and a calming agent at the same time. For me, the only challenge that remains with sub-doses is increased light sensitivity, which I mitigate by wearing sunglasses or dialing down the brightness of my computer screen. This minor inconvenience is certainly worth it to me, because when I'm enhanced I feel more passionate. I feel more energized. I feel more focused and enlisted I feel more.

I'm not completely comfortable with how little is known about the long-term effects of LSD and other drigs. I'm a healthy young woman, and I want to do only what is safe and smart for myself and my family, so I wish to know what the long-term effects of LSD use are. Albert Hofmann seemed perfectly sharp at 101 years old and the friends I know who are twice my age and use LSD frequently are some of the most brilliant people I know. And I want the fear of criminalization removed from this field of research so that people like me will be willing to share their experiences openly and have their data quantified.

James

"James" is a warehouse manager in Waco, Texas, for a large home improvement company. He is active in his church and is also writing a family history of what he describes as "my more colorful relatives."

I hadn't used psychedelics for some years, but when a still-tripping friend offered me a few hits divided into teners and told me I could drop one and still go to work, I gave it a try. From the first time out, I liked how I felt. Got my work done easier, rarely lost my temper, my paperwork got done on time, and when I got home at night, I was a lot more fun to be with. What was cool is I found out that I was as good the second day after I'd dosed as the first, maybe better. I didn't say when I was using and when I wasn't, but after awhile, my wife would say, "Hey, did you do it today?" Usually, she was right on.

Clifford

"Clifford" is an important psychedelic researcher, group leader, and writer. He is currently writing a book of personal essays.

Student days at the University of California at San Diego were a whirlwind blending of 1960s' issues with the academic pressure necessary to enter postgraduate training of some sort. My personal choices were between psychology and medicine. My introduction to psychedelics had convinced me of their value. I was taking a biology course to prepare for medical school, and we were studying the development of the chick embryo. After the first meeting of the one-quarter-long course, I realized that in order to stay alert, a tiny dose of LSD could be useful. With that in mind I licked a small, but very potent, tablet emblazoned with the peace sign before every class. This produced a barely noticeable brightening of colors and created a generalized fascination with the course and my professor, who was otherwise uninteresting to me.

Unfortunately, when finals came around my health disintegrated and I missed the final exam. The next day I called my professor and begged for mercy. She said "No problem, come to my lab." " When shall we schedule this?"

She suggested immediately. With some dismay, I agreed that I would meet her within an hour. I reached into the freezer and licked the almost exhausted fragment of the tablet I had used for class. I decided t hat there was so little left I might as well swallow it all.

At the lab my professor suggested that, since it was such an amazing day, perhaps I could take the exam outside in the wetland wilderness reserve that surrounded the lab. The view of the swamp was stunning! Somehow it had never seemed beautiful to me before. She asked that I take my notebook and pencil out. "Please draw for me the complete development of the chick from fertilization to hatching. That is the only question." I gasped "But that is the entire course!"

" Yes, I suppose it is, but make-up exams are si^posed to be harder than the original, aren't they?"

I couldn't imagine being able to regurgitate the entire course. As I sat there despondently, I closed my eyes and was flooded with grief. Then I noticed that my inner visual field was undulating like a blanket that was being shaken at one end I began to see a movie of fertilization! When I opened my eyes a few minutes later, I realized that the movie could be run forward and back and was clear as a bell in my mind's eye, even with my physical eyes open.

Hesitantly, I drew the formation of the blast ula, a hollow ball of cells that develops out of the zygote (fertilized egg). As I carefully drew frame after frame of my inner movie, it was her turn to gape! The tiny heart blossomed The formation of the notochord the neural groove, and the beginnings of the nervous syaem were flowing out of my enhanced imagery and onto the pages. A stupendous event—the animated wonder of embryonic growth and the differentiation of cells—continued at a rapid pace. I drew as quickly as I could To my utter amazement, I was able to carefully and completely replicate the content of the entire course, drawing after drawing, like the frames of animation that I was seeing as a completed film!

It took me about an hour and a quarter drawing as fast as I could to reproduce the twenty-one-day miracle of chick formation. Clearly impressed my now suddenly lovely professor smiled and said "Well, I suppose you deserve an A!" The sunlight twinkled on the water, the cattails waved in the gentle breeze, and the gentle wonder of life was everywhere.

Reports: Psilocybin Mushrooms Stephen Gray

Stephen Gray describes himself as "a lifelong student, teacher and researcher of spiritual paths, in particular Tibetan Buddhism and the peyote ceremonies of the Native American Church. I've studied and practiced several other modalities in the healing and awakening fields. I've also devoted much time and love to music as a teacher singer-songwriter and composer of music for healing and spiritual work under the artist name Keary." The following excerpt is a portion of an essay, "The Benefits of Low-Dose Psilocybin Mushrooms. " The full essay can be found at ww.sienhenrmvvision.com by searching for " benefits of low-dose psilocybin mushrooms."

It's well known to the experienced that medium to high doses of psilocybin mushrooms, given advantageous internal and external conditions— often called set and setting—can provoke experiences of stunning insight, visions of great beauty, an abundance of love, contact with spirit entities, and authentic mystical experiences completely beyond the boundaries of the separate ego. Much less frequently discussed are the benefits of very low-dose experiences with these mushrooms.

I often get together with friends on weekends to play music. On one of these evenings, I went to the home of some friends who have a collection of dried and frozen Psilocybe cyanascens. We decided to try an experiment. We wanted to see how a very low dose would affect the emotions and the mechanics of playing and singing.

We each ate two medium-size dried mushrooms, the stems perhaps an inch and one-half long and the caps one-half to three-quarters of an inch across. Althot^h we didn't weigh them, previous experience suggests we're talking about less than a gram of dried weight. We didn't engage in any special preparation such as fasting for several hours beforehand althoigh I always attempt to make a connection with such medicine plants before consuming them by offering a short prayer, a dedication, andor an expression of gratitude to the spirit of the plant.

This was in no way a reliable scientific experiment. We included a little cannabis smoking with the mushrooms, knowing that the two often complement each other quite nicely. The result was that you might say the mushrooms overrode the somewhat more fiizzy effects of cannabis with a subtle but noticeable sharpness of mind and emotion.

One of the results of this sharpness was that my guitar playing became more focused and agile. I don't play guitar enough anymore to get through most songs flawlessly, but on those nights, my playing was definitely more on the mark. I also noticed that my ability to recollect lyrics was noticeably superior to my

In conjunction with the sharpness has been a softening of the heart, which helped me connect to the emotion of the songs. Alot of the songs I like to play have poetic lyrics that don't necessarily reveal clear and simple meanings. The songs of Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen can be like that.... During these low-dose mushroom sessions, I've noticed that my mind instantaneously grokked meanings that had previously eluded me.

I've noted before with Psilocybes and had confirmed again in these experiences that the mushroom appears to temporarily dismantle inhibition and hesitation to seeing things clearly and talking about personal topics straightforwardly. And it appears to be just as easy to hear these truths spoken about oneself as it is to say them. I've had some very intimate conversations with friends where we revealed ourselves without embarrassment and spoke about sensitive issues without raising defensive reactions.

Ingeaing such small doses is something most people can do safely on their own. No particular ritual is necessary to elicit beneficial effects, although in my experience the spirit of the plant is always potentially present and is much more likely to Hess and empower even these mild experiences if petitioned and treated with respect.

I'll mention a couple of cautions. Although the Psilocybe s are all around us in certain areas of North America, they are not easy to identify at fira and can easily be miaaken for similar-looking but poisonous mushrooms. I had an experienced mycophile point out the local Psilocybe cyanascens, and since then I've shown another friend howto identify them.

Not all mushrooms have the same potency, of course, and not all people respond the same. One time I ate two small ones and the effects were too subtle to have much impact. Another time I experimented with a slightly higher dose, somewhere between one gram and a gram and a half. For playing music that quantity proved to be a bit much. The effects interfered with my functionality.

If we're able to shift our cultural underaanding of these plants and begin to see them as medicine, I would say that, used with respect and good intentions, low-dose psilocybin is good medicine. .. The important thing is to provide the right kind of space for the medicine's effects to manifea. There has to be enoi^h space in the mind's "busy-ness" to notice the subtleties, to feel the softening of the heart, and to catch the insights as they arise.

Anita

"Anita " is a professional artist's model.

Once, while being very professionally overextended in New York, I got hold of a good-sized dose of mushrooms. But inaead of taking it all at once, I took a pinch of it each day. I found that I was much more emotionally even and more able to see the world as interrelated rather than disjointed. It was a fully pleasurable experience.

Nathan

"Nathan " is a professional bass and guitar player and a dedicated surfer living in a beach town in Southern California.

I took a small hit of mushroom the other day .. .went out surfing. It was a life-changing event. I was so much more in my body and could feel deeper into it. I sensed the wave had come thousands of miles and that we were coming together for its laa few seconds before it hit the beach. But what was bea was feeling like I connected back into the greater world What was so special is that for the paa few weeks, I've been really down. A great long-term love relationship broke up, and I've been devaaated I'm still sad about it, but I know it's only a part of me. I got attuned that day, and I haven't loa it. Oh, yeah, my surfing was definitely awesome.

The Question of Tolerance

I asked a once prominent LSD chemist if the "every three days" regimen like the one "Charles" used was necessary, since it is well known that one cannot lake repeated doses of most psychedelics and have them continue to be effective.

His initial reply was, "As far as I can determine, less-than-obvious doses do not cause tolerance, which could argue in favor of benefits from ten a day. I'd have to test further, but so far I suspect that sub-detectable doses several days in a row cause no tolerance for a similar barely detectable dose the day following. At this sub-detectable level, there is really at most only the tiniest of intimations you took something."

Preliminary Conclusions

These reports are representative of those I have received in 2010. The reports have several things in common. Everyone said their experiences were positive and valuable. "Charles " suggested that there was a gradual buildup of openness and awareness, eventually spilling over into non-sub-perceptual days. Madeline and Stephen both indicated they did better at what they do well—not excessively, but enough to notice.

As several reports slated, someone taking a dose this low functions, asfaraslhe world is concerned, a little better than normal. To date, I received no reports that sub-perceptual doses have caused any social disruption, personal upset, or any form of work-related difficulty. However this is a very preliminary look at an area that may become of considerable interest as more opportunities for research open up. m may yet get to know mote about what Albert Hofmann called "an under-researched area. "

Last edited:
~20mcg; 1/5th-1/6th of a strong white tab.

Effects lasted 8-9 hours: a good mood (lightly jovial), physical energy, and slight mental stimulation.

Everything at work went very well.

I dosed after a 000 capsule of Piracetam.

Last edited:
low dose acid at a zoo... what a time.... the ride there took me through a big park and lifted the initial comeup tension, but the whole zoo was during the plateau... the animals were beautiful to look at, to appreciate...

heck , the best part was the night animal section. total immersion into darkness i could barely tell the direction of the visit and musteve appeared quite lost :p but it was fantastic!

i think i spent an hour in a giant bird house just litening to bird calls....

only problem was the sense of smell was also augmented....

How do you guys convert a drop into smaller doses and store it such that it doesn't disintegrate? Would water be a good medium for dilution? Please do advise, I want to try this, but want to make the most of what I have..!

Distilled water should be fine, but you'll have to think about things like long-term storage Actually, it's probably already in ethanol so distilled water should be fine. Anything that has no chlorine in it, really

Hey gwern, i just gotta say - i have not been on bluelight for the longest time, just because i go through phases of learning different things, from electronics to math, drugs, etc. But when that email came through with your post on the self organised study you did, it blew me away. Not only is the study in itself cool, but it is almost like i was witnessing the beginnings of an open-source style research paradigm. We all sit back waiting for studies to come out about certain things, when in act we could be getting together doing our own studies on almmost any single thing we wanted. The people on here are often smart as hell, and when it comes to procuring any substance needed for proper experimentation - well, i think we have that fairly covered just by default.

Congrats to you sir. I want to see more. In truth i have just skimmed the study but will read it all for certain.

Just one thing i thought of... It is great to have a study done intricately, but sometimes we can get the wrong idea about something because we set up a test that may have limitations, and forget to add more to our thinking than just pure science. For example, let's say you set up a study to see if you can accurately ascertain if a girl is interested in you. You invite her over to your house where you have set up a labratory and ask her

- 'how did the smell of my house make you feel?'
- 'what would you say is your stress level right now'?
- 'would you say you will likely have thoughts of me in the car on the way home'

From a scientific point of view, these questions could certainly give you a certain measure of her attraction to you, but the very fact you freaked this girl out with very strange behaviour instead of enjoying a nice time with her meant that the results were only ever going to measure of negative feelings towards you.

Science is absolutely great, but when it comes to anything consciousness related people can fall into the trap of thinking they can definitively quantify things and then draw conclusions that are accurate.

You answered that your 'creativity' during the test was 'lower than average' all the while within the month that you did the dosing you are creating a possibly breakthrough drug-study paradigm of science for not only bluelight but also possibly the world. That sir is creativity, and creativity is not measured in the conscious brain it is measured behind the scenes.

Whether or not this micro dosing of LSD influenced your creativity in coming up with the study, it seems obvious that the psychedelic mindset needed to think for yourself and not be a slave to established authorities, may have been influenced by your passed drug use? I will need to read the study more, but do you discuss that at all?

Anyway, i just wanted to try and say something smart sounding to at least feel slightly adequate in your presence. Dude, that is astounding and i hope you realise how truly intelligent and innovative you are. I have never studied science at university, but after reading through your testing i decided to myself that i am going to learn the fundamentals of the scientific process and try to somehow contribute to stuff in the manner you have here.

i would like to give the new 'Illicit-Yet-Nobel Peace prize' to you )P

Hey gwern, i just gotta say - i have not been on bluelight for the longest time, just because i go through phases of learning different things, from electronics to math, drugs, etc. But when that email came through with your post on the self organised study you did, it blew me away. Not only is the study in itself cool, but it is almost like i was witnessing the beginnings of an open-source style research paradigm. We all sit back waiting for studies to come out about certain things, when in act we could be getting together doing our own studies on almmost any single thing we wanted. The people on here are often smart as hell, and when it comes to procuring any substance needed for proper experimentation - well, i think we have that fairly covered just by default.

Yes. The fancy statistics aside (as much as I enjoy them), anyone could do what I have done: buy some LSD, dissolve it, randomize doses into two identical tupperwares or jars, and record some data of some sort. It's just no one seems willing to do this. They read my various experiments, maybe go 'huh, that's pretty cool, turns out you *can* blind yourself', and go on with their lives.

You answered that your 'creativity' during the test was 'lower than average' all the while within the month that you did the dosing you are creating a possibly breakthrough drug-study paradigm of science for not only bluelight but also possibly the world. That sir is creativity, and creativity is not measured in the conscious brain it is measured behind the scenes.

Whether or not this micro dosing of LSD influenced your creativity in coming up with the study, it seems obvious that the psychedelic mindset needed to think for yourself and not be a slave to established authorities, may have been influenced by your passed drug use? I will need to read the study more, but do you discuss that at all?

No no, you can't credit LSD with this one. I invented (if that's the right word for what is really such a simple observation) self-blinding years ago, maybe in 2010, for an Adderall self-experiment, and the entire writeup & experiment was designed and specified before I had so much as tripped, and I'd never used psychedelics before.

it is almost like i was witnessing the beginnings of an open-source style research paradigm.

Yes. This is something that could be done and could allow larger and more significant sample sizes. Imagine a web platform with self-blinding instructions and data collection (forms) / extraction dynamics. It would be so easy to include a significant amount of anonymous folks in a study...

I'm a big fan of low dose LSD trips. Over the past 20ish years I've played with doses ranging aprox. 25ug - 400ug, around 50 times total. Maybe more. These days I tend to do ~50ug doses, maybe twice a year on average.

Sometimes I think it's easier to trip on low doses when you've had "practice" at higher doses, so that a low dose potentiates the LSD headspace because of familiarity with that mode. However, once I introduced a few friends to their first LSD trip with very very low doses, and it totally worked. They were all really skeptical about taking LSD, due to to fear mongering propaganda they'd received as children. So I suggested we split a single blotter tab 4 ways. I think the blotter had 100ug, so we each got around 25ug. To my relief, we definitely all tripped out and had a blast, and everyone loved it and agreed that LSD is a marvellous drug, nothing like the monster they'd been taught about.

What I like about low dose LSD is:
-it offers a gentle tweak on the mundane
-enhances conversation and the flow of ideas
-seems to increase mental acuity
-lets you party all night with energy and radiance
-offers a lot of practical lessons that are easy to bring back to normal life (vs. those rather intangible ones you get on big trips that seemed so important at the time, but just end up getting lost.)

I firmly believe that the best method of exploring any psychedelic compound is to take what Terrence mckenna called an "heroic dose". However, acid, unlike DMT or psilocybin, is IMO a strictly introspective trip. I never meet any foreign entities or anything. While an introspective experience is extremely valuable, especially in my younger days when I was still developing a sense of my true self, once you have taken enough trips there isn't much more you can learn. So these days I only take a heroic dose of acid either in 5 year intervals or after a major experience that has changed me enough to the point I feel the need to travel within to process it.

That being said, once you feel you have learner everything you can from heroic acid doses, just taking a couple hits for recreational purposes can be great fun. On small doses I become extremely outgoing even though I consider myself an introverted. It totally changes my personality in a way that I love. I feel like I can talk to anyone and I radiate warmth and charisma. For some reason I just get into this mindset where I feel connected to everyone I see. I get a feeling of incredible compassion for every living thing. I cant bring myself to eat meat on acid Something about having that feeling like I love every person in the world and we are all connected and part of one great consciousness makes me just radiate this sort of warmth and people I talk to even strangers seem to just like me for no reason and they open up to me and talk to me like I was their therapist. Ive had complete strangers tell me their darkest fears and secrets after just a few hours. Ive picked up girls at bars so hot that I would have never been able to talk to sober. The only downside there is that I just cant bring myself to do anything sexual while on acid. There's some kind of libido ego aspect of the sexual experience that seems to completely escape my understanding. I once met the hottest girl that ever gave me the time of the day while on two hits and ended up taking her home. Even though she definitely wanted to screw we spent all night talking and she fell asleep lying in my arms. The next day I tried to get things heated up since the trip was over and she said she felt like I was her brother even though we just met and didn't wanna risk ruining it. Were still good friends but Damn I so wanna hit that. Its like having a superpower that u can only use for good and not selfish reasons lol. If I could have sex on Lsd it wouldn't be fair like if God gave lions wings. It wouldn't be right to make girls feel so conneceted to u and think you care just so I can smash it so maybe its for the best. I think at the end of the day humans crave connection they need to feel like other humans care about them and understand them. In my life I have met one person who just with his presence fulfilled that longing that people have. It takes a rare mix of compassion, love, extraverted personality and keen instinctual ability to read people so that everyone they meet is just drawn in by their aura of warmth. The people with that ability are always good people to the core and incapable of using or manipulating others with this gift. I think I become one of those people on acid.

There is something about acid that unleashes latent aspects of peoples personalities. Those with latent schizophrenia and other latent mental or emotional ailments can have it triggered by taking Lsd. Others have latent intelligence and creativity that acid unlocks. The guy who discovered the double helix strycture of Dna had his eureka moment on acid. I seem to have an amazing ability to fulfilled the emotional needs of other people and draw them in that I only have while tripping. Unfortunately, like popeye and spinach, it only lasts until the effects wear off. The introspective nature of acid can make you discover your truly unlimited potential locked inside your brain. Its an amazing tool but it can mislead people into thinking they have found enlightenment and its source is the drug. Acid only gives a glimpse of the super you that you can be. The source of the things you discover on Lsd lies not within the compound but within yourself. The trick is to find a way to activate that potential once you come down. This is where the 60's flower children went wrong. They were looking for enlightenment in lsd not realizing that the glimpse it reveaoed was only an apparition. Divinity lies WITHIN. I could be that person all the time but my own fears and insecurity creates a definition of my self that is nowhere near what I could be. Of course, this self discovery phenomenon goes both ways. If you are going to journey within, you better be ready to discover the dark shadows of your mind. Everyone has things they keep secret from even themselves. This is why people have terrifying trips that are known as the infamous "bad trip". Confronting demons deep within takes years of sometimes painful psychotherapy. Lsd throws them right in your face in 6 to 10 hours. If you are taking acid for the first time be ready for it lol. I started tripping in my early teens before I had a chance to develop truly monstrous demons and was still developing my definition of who I am. I am very grateful for the gift of Lsd. It allowed me to become who I am today. The beautiful thing about acid is it washes away your ego and shows you amazing things locked away by self imposed barriers. As an example of what I could be doing for others every day if I reached my full potential here is a little anecdote:

Once I took 2 tabs just for kicks and an hour later my manager called asking where the hell I was cause my bartending shift started 30min ago. I was nervous but felt so good and kinda looked forward to all the strangers I would meet. One guy I had a long conversation with gave me a 200 dollar tip. I ended up having a three hour conversation with this other guy who had just been laid off and his wife had left him and taken the kids. He was living in his car and was miserable and lonely. We connected in a way I never have with a stranger while sober. It turned out he was planning on commiting suicide after he left the bar that night. I got him to hang out until I left work and let him crash on my couch that night. He said that the loneliness and isolation was the reason he was gonna end it. He could no longer bear the feeling that he was totally alone in a cold world and the feeling of connection he felt with me that night gave him the sense that someone cared about him and that was enough to change his mind. When we got back I suggested he take some acid too and we stayed up all night talking it through. During the trip he realized how lucky he was to be alive and decided to quit drinking andlearned a million other things about himself.

I ended up getting him a job at a bar a friend worked at and he cleaned up and a year later he got his old job back and his wife returned to him. If you don't believe in divine intervention or synchronicity think about that. Guy is my best firend now... true story

Last edited:
I firmly believe that the best method of exploring any psychedelic compound is to take what Terrence mckenna called an "heroic dose". However, acid, unlike DMT or psilocybin, is IMO a strictly introspective trip. I never meet any foreign entities or anything. While an introspective experience is extremely valuable, especially in my younger days when I was still developing a sense of my true self, once you have taken enough trips there isn't much more you can learn. So these days I only take a heroic dose of acid either in 5 year intervals or after a major experience that has changed me enough to the point I feel the need to travel within to process it.

That being said, once you feel you have learner everything you can from heroic acid doses, just taking a couple hits for recreational purposes can be great fun. On small doses I become extremely outgoing even though I consider myself an introverted. It totally changes my personality in a way that I love. I feel like I can talk to anyone and I radiate warmth and charisma. For some reason I just get into this mindset where I feel connected to everyone I see. I get a feeling of incredible compassion for every living thing. I cant bring myself to eat meat on acid Something about having that feeling like I love every person in the world and we are all connected and part of one great consciousness makes me just radiate this sort of warmth and people I talk to even strangers seem to just like me for no reason and they open up to me and talk to me like I was their therapist. Ive had complete strangers tell me their darkest fears and secrets after just a few hours. Ive picked up girls at bars so hot that I would have never been able to talk to sober. The only downside there is that I just cant bring myself to do anything sexual while on acid. There's some kind of libido ego aspect of the sexual experience that seems to completely escape my understanding. I once met the hottest girl that ever gave me the time of the day while on two hits and ended up taking her home. Even though she definitely wanted to screw we spent all night talking and she fell asleep lying in my arms. The next day I tried to get things heated up since the trip was over and she said she felt like I was her brother even though we just met and didn't wanna risk ruining it. Were still good friends but Damn I so wanna hit that. Its like having a superpower that u can only use for good and not selfish reasons lol. If I could have sex on Lsd it wouldn't be fair like if God gave lions wings. It wouldn't be right to make girls feel so conneceted to u and think you care just so I can smash it so maybe its for the best. I think at the end of the day humans crave connection they need to feel like other humans care about them and understand them. In my life I have met one person who just with his presence fulfilled that longing that people have. It takes a rare mix of compassion, love, extraverted personality and keen instinctual ability to read people so that everyone they meet is just drawn in by their aura of warmth. The people with that ability are always good people to the core and incapable of using or manipulating others with this gift. I think I become one of those people on acid.

There is something about acid that unleashes latent aspects of peoples personalities. Those with latent schizophrenia and other latent mental or emotional ailments can have it triggered by taking Lsd. Others have latent intelligence and creativity that acid unlocks. The guy who discovered the double helix strycture of Dna had his eureka moment on acid. I seem to have an amazing ability to fulfilled the emotional needs of other people and draw them in that I only have while tripping. Unfortunately, like popeye and spinach, it only lasts until the effects wear off. The introspective nature of acid can make you discover your truly unlimited potential locked inside your brain. Its an amazing tool but it can mislead people into thinking they have found enlightenment and its source is the drug. Acid only gives a glimpse of the super you that you can be. The source of the things you discover on Lsd lies not within the compound but within yourself. The trick is to find a way to activate that potential once you come down. This is where the 60's flower children went wrong. They were looking for enlightenment in lsd not realizing that the glimpse it reveaoed was only an apparition. Divinity lies WITHIN. I could be that person all the time but my own fears and insecurity creates a definition of my self that is nowhere near what I could be. Of course, this self discovery phenomenon goes both ways. If you are going to journey within, you better be ready to discover the dark shadows of your mind. Everyone has things they keep secret from even themselves. This is why people have terrifying trips that are known as the infamous "bad trip". Confronting demons deep within takes years of sometimes painful psychotherapy. Lsd throws them right in your face in 6 to 10 hours. If you are taking acid for the first time be ready for it lol. I started tripping in my early teens before I had a chance to develop truly monstrous demons and was still developing my definition of who I am. I am very grateful for the gift of Lsd. It allowed me to become who I am today. The beautiful thing about acid is it washes away your ego and shows you amazing things locked away by self imposed barriers. As an example of what I could be doing for others every day if I reached my full potential here is a little anecdote:

Once I took 2 tabs just for kicks and an hour later my manager called asking where the hell I was cause my bartending shift started 30min ago. I was nervous but felt so good and kinda looked forward to all the strangers I would meet. One guy I had a long conversation with gave me a 200 dollar tip. I ended up having a three hour conversation with this other guy who had just been laid off and his wife had left him and taken the kids. He was living in his car and was miserable and lonely. We connected in a way I never have with a stranger while sober. It turned out he was planning on commiting suicide after he left the bar that night. I got him to hang out until I left work and let him crash on my couch that night. He said that the loneliness and isolation was the reason he was gonna end it. He could no longer bear the feeling that he was totally alone in a cold world and the feeling of connection he felt with me that night gave him the sense that someone cared about him and that was enough to change his mind. When we got back I suggested he take some acid too and we stayed up all night talking it through. During the trip he realized how lucky he was to be alive and decided to quit drinking andlearned a million other things about himself.

I ended up getting him a job at a bar a friend worked at and he cleaned up and a year later he got his old job back and his wife returned to him. If you don't believe in divine intervention or synchronicity think about that. Guy is my best firend now... true story

Thanks for your post!

It's interesting to know how one can benefit from LSD in life. Although you talk about normal or higher doses of LSD (the thread is about low-dosing) in my opinion, many of these things relate to low doses, too.

My last year of micro-dosing proved it. Doing it twice a week (because of tolerance problem) it enhanced the quality of my life in many aspects. I have more energy and motivation, feel great and more confident, having greater intelligence in everything. I am really appreciative that such a great substance as LSD exists:)

I could only wish that the effects of LSD would remain even when the drug finishes its action. Although there are many permanent changes, too - all insights are remembered, new ways of thinking formed, effects of work done under LSD remain and experiences from any activities-work or fun/parties are more intense and more fun.

It would be great to find a way to recreate ALL the effects of LSD without being under the influence of the substance. Some people in the sixties turned to meditation, yoga and other spiritual practices. Unfortunately I don't think they can recreate LSD way of perception and thinking. I've been meditating for 8 years almost every day before I ever took LSD. Unfortunately I must conclude that either I meditated in a wrong way (which I don't think is a case) or meditation just cannot bring you the state of LSD. It can have many positive effects, but I don't believe they would ever be in the same intensity 'zone' as experiences on LSD (even only low doses) nor that they would become permanent without regular meditation.

Last edited:
Thanks for your post!

It's interesting to know how one can benefit from LSD in life. Although you talk about normal or higher doses

Actually I was talking about low doses. Two hits is Imo a low dose but I guess not for most Lol. Around 3-4 is medium for me and ive taken as many as 8 for a real kick in the ass. I tend to go a lil further than ur average nut I guess

Hey guys, I'm looking to try 50mcg of LSD today. I've never taken anything under 75mcg, so I'm wondering what I should expect. Is thinking affected significantly at such a low dose? I'm looking for an increase in music appreciation, and creativity while being relatively functional.

For those of you that have taken small doses and gone about with your daily lives, have you noticed any pupil dilatation ?

When I took 50ug of LSZ (never tried proper acid yet, but I believe it's about the same potency and very similar effects at low doses) I did notice some slight pupil dilation, but then I was on the look out for it. I don't think it would have been enough for someone else to notice, really.

I appreciate micro-dosing LSD.

Would estimate doses to be at 10ug - 20 ug. Measured by estimating one drop to be 100ug and adding 7 - 10 drops of water. I would classify myself as an experienced LSD user having dosed every weekend for about 2 years ranging from 120ug - 500ug doses.

Experience with micro-dosing:
Became interested in micro-dosing after reading about the nootropic effects some users experience. Have not had a real opportunity to test the effects on work but can report on the effects on relationships. Started micro-dosing when visiting the family and usually this is a stressful time. Greatly enhanced the mood and willingness to talk to family members and people in general. Could compare it to a very low dose of MDMA (empathy, acceptance, interested in what others have to say). The first batch of micro-doses was on the verge of coming up to a psychedelic dose (1 drop of lsd to 7 drops of water) - (Funny body sensations, appreciating nature, staring at things). Became very aware of how the body was feeling and greatly enhanced concentration during meditation. If anyone has read 'the power of now', it allowed the state of awareness to be present for longer periods of time without effort. Excellent for Tai Chi (could feel the energy moving through the body very strong).

Second batch of micro-doses was 1 drop to 10 drops and was hardly noticeable in terms of it's uplifting effects. This batch was used whilst driving on the road and helped maintain alertness for extended periods of time (10 hours).

All doses were taken straight after waking up and was able to dose every day with no diminishing effects. In fact the second last dose of the first batch nearly made me trip. Effects lasted until bed time. Sleep not affected and vivid dream occurrence was greater in number.

Will write another post in regards to it's nootropic effects soon.