View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

Church

Bluelighter
I was having a little PM chat with felixdahousekat about LSD at low doses, in which he suggested we start a discussion about it over here... which I am doing now. Here's a quick synopsis of what sparked the interest

felixdahousekat said:
I think the recreational aspects of low doses of acid are not very well documented at all, people only speak of tripping and so on, but it can do so many other things!

I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter, mate.

Church said:
I don't do it nearly as much as I used to, but... I used to use it in large doses for entheogenic and/or creative purposes... I used to use it in medium sized doses for socializing... I used to use it in small doses as a stimulant (and sometimes even as an anti-depressant). It is the most versatile and useful drug out there (along with cannabis, but that's not a drug it's an HERRRRRB, maaaaannnnn).

I've gone through my fair share of the stuff... most of the times that I've dropped acid were on the low side of the dose scale. After meeting Pure Universal Intelligence face to face enough times, I kinda got all I could from those high doses, which was when I started using acid as more of a social enhancer. I personally believe that if they would allow more research on LSD, we would find it as being a safe and effective stimulant, a safe and effective antidepressant, and a safe and effective social lubricant. Not to mention that I found the creative aspects of LSD a lot easier to grab a hold of and put to good use on the lower doses, even though those trips aren't as likely to blow me away.

...So anyway, this is a thread for appreciation of low-doses of LSD. Please try to keep it about LSD only, and low-doses only.

Reading was a very enjoyable experience on on hit of acid, I could envision the places the author was conveying through the words so vivdly... I also felt the need to organize my surroundings, like clean up the room and stuff,though I got sidetracked a few times at least I was doing it....

I took 3 the next day and went for a bike ride, the bike felt like an extension of my body, the harder I pumped on the bike the more visuals I would get... there were rainbow fracticals in the sky... very cool visual.

I can see how it would be desirable to achieve this state of mind consistently, but the next day I was wiped out.

Pretty much all the hits I've come across now are low dose (100mcq or less) and sometimes I'll take a hit early in the day and it gives the rest of the day a beautiful glow. I've taken a half hit and went to work (Im a computer technician \ isp manager) and was able to perform my work duties flawlessly with a lighter attitude and clearer thoughts.

I appreciate LSD is all doses.

I think there's no question that even low doses of acid can produce good results. Sometimes its enough just to be reminded by a light trip of the heavy insights from previous experiences. I like to take a tab and just clean up my house from time to time. It gives me energy, naturally....but as I'm cleaning up (sweeping, mopping, vaccumming, scrubbing) I get the feeling that I'm actually cleaning up my mind....and thereby, cleaning up my life. The act of cleaning takes on symbolic proportions. (And mind you, I'm not a person who is nuts about being tidy) And then, of course....there's dancing. Great activity for low doses. So, low doses are well and good....but I think if someone is doing nothing but low doses then they are kinda cheating themselves.

low dose lsd is one of the best,most euphoric substances i have used for small or large get togethers...and good god if im just at the right level,not too out there in the head,i can really tear it up on the dancefloor if im so inclined,but if i dose too much in this situation im just gonna be walking around slack jawed,eyes open wide staring into infinity....

Low doses (eg 1/4-1/2 a hit) are a great way to just generally "make your day". I find that everything just seems that little bit better, and things just go smoothly - I don't get caught up thinking "bad" thoughts (which I tend to be prone to at times) when I fuck up, people are in general easier to deal with (a big deal for someone who has Asperger Syndrome)... Probably one of the most under-appreciated things out there.

That's not to say, however, that I don't enjoy a good full-blown trip every now and then =D

Thanks Church, you remembered! :D

orbital_forest said:
low dose lsd is one of the best,most euphoric substances i have used for small or large get togethers...and good god if im just at the right level,not too out there in the head,i can really tear it up on the dancefloor if im so inclined,but if i dose too much in this situation im just gonna be walking around slack jawed,eyes open wide staring into infinity....
^ Agree 100% with all of that. :D

I've kinda got into the habit of having a cheeky third of a tab at the start of a night out. It's amazing what a difference such a tiny amount can make. I get a warm glowing vibration all over, and feel happy and talkative, not unlike MDMA. I will usually take another third later on, and usually this results in the effects mentioned above - pure euphoric energy, a feeling of being inside the music, and an ability to tear up the dancefloor without my usual inhibition. It's a perfect feeling when you get it right: all the things I love about drugs in general without the weirdness that acid gives you at higher doses.

Please note, before anyone jumps down my throat: I of course also love acid in higher doses, but sometimes it's not appropriate for a night out in public. I live in a pretty small town and I get drug-tested at work, so I need to keep my drug-taking discreet.

I notice that some of you consider taking a whole hit to be 'low-dose'. I hope I never build up that kind of tolerance! Have you guys tried taking thirds or halves before? :)

1/4 hit
can walk or bus to family party - better tolerance of alcohol cigarettes and people.

1/8 hit
can drive. almost no psychedelic effect, more like an antihistamine, good for ears on airplane.

Hm yeah felix I can imagine that taking it at low doses would give those effects and I'm impressed at your ability to limit yourself to these doses, drug use not abuse I think, very good.
I find that I would be looking for more if I took a small hit and therefore it is yet to appeal to me.
But maybe one day I will be content with that.
Good thread anyway.

zophen

Hmm, yeah on small doses I've found myself reaslly able to immerse myself in creating music (small dose= 1 average hit). I would be tripping but not disoriented which ensured I was still able to think and create.

Though nowadays I avoid LSD, even small doses of 'weak' acid feel really potent. Guess I'm growing too old. :(

I would like to know specifically what felixdahousecat referred to when he mentioned LSD can do so 'many other things'. I agreee, but what?
:)

I think he may have meant that he feels stuff he hasn't even thought of yet would be possible, I think so anyway, no doubt I shall be proven incorrect.

zophen

When Albert Hofmann first encountered LSD personally on April 16th, 1943 he absorbed a very small amount through his fingers while handling samples. He estimated to have absorbed roughly 10-20 micrograms if that. When he left the lab after feeling woozy, he returned home, and after a short bout with some negative vibes and thoughts he slipped into what he would later describe as "serendipity." He talked about swirling geometric shapes and vibrant, undulating colors. This was really the first low-dose experience with LSD. I've only ever taken 50 micrograms+ but Hofmann seemed to enjoy it so I'm sure it's just an enjoyable lazy experience, rather than the deep intense trip you get on 30+ micrograms.

I don't have much experience with LSD, but low dose tripping is my all time fav. I much prefer a bubbling subconscious mind to a far-out space trip.

willow11 said:
I would like to know specifically what felixdahousecat referred to when he mentioned LSD can do so 'many other things'. I agreee, but what?
:)
I just meant... all you ever hear about acid is 'tripping'. And a common misconception (not amongst acid users of course) is that you always hallucinate and see goblins and weird stuff.

So what I was getting at was the other things it can do - like euphoria, increased energy, reduced social anxiety, lack of inhibition, etc. etc. These benefits are not widely attributed to LSD, as far as I can see. But I'm a noob to acid this year (at the age of 36) so perhaps it's just news to me, eh? :D

I've generally gone for a full blown experiance each time i've taken it. Although the few times ive taken it at a low dose its been very pleasent, ive wanted a bit more just to tip it over the edge slightly. Although sitting ina nice bar with friends tripping slightly then heading to a strip club was an interesting experiance.

Nothing better than rolling out of bed at noon on a lazy sunday with a half a hit waitin' on the night stand. I've been known to eat a light dose before my feet even hit the ground, fall back asleep only to wake up 20 minutes later in a different place I fell asleep in. (not literally) Waking up tripping is a strange feeling since there is no baseline (sober) time to comprehend what's going on. On a few occasions i've gone the whole day without anyone even knowing I was tripping and its not like I was by myself or anytihng. Low-dose LSD really is a great tool for most, if not al, types of social activities. I seem to have a problem holding on to the other half of the hit though. *eats the other half of a tab*

Low-dose LSD is really great as a general tonic, an appreciation-enhancer, an aid to living in the now. The only thing I like more for that is low-dose DOC.