• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

^That means its 46% + or - 34%... 46 is right in the middle.

I posted a few sources that put it at 45 - 46% too.

Just FYI.

BollWeevil said:
^That means its 46% + or - 34%... 46 is right in the middle.

I posted a few sources that put it at 45 - 46% too.

Just FYI.

Yes but those sources are wrong. The effect people get from intranasal oxycodone speaks for itself. Its 60-70%. Anyway anything anyone adds im gonna add them to my 2nd post in the thread along with everyone on there now. Please take your time and try to make it accurate. After we get all the bioaavailabilities down im gonna do halflife for all of them also but you guys dont gotta do that, just keep finding percentages of bioavailability and this thread will turn into a very successful sticky at the top of the page :)

The effect people get from intranasal oxycodone speaks for itself.

Thank you, if it was really that low, everyone would notice. And since theres so many junkies out there, and the vast majority insuffulate crushed oxycodone ER, the effects speak for itself.

There is no way in hell i would not notice, that low bio. Its like insuffulating 20mg would only feel like 10mg. And i would notice that, since i do take IR pills, i know what 10mg feels like and what 20mg feels like.

Oxycodone could have a 100% oral bioavailability, and a 50% intranasal bioavailability, some people would still snort it, because it kicks in quicker and stronger.

I dont get it, if its stronger that would mean that it would have a high bioavailability. Or could that just mean it feels stronger but for a shorter duration of time, so the bioavailability could be lower, but the "high" feels the same or stronger because its compacted into a shorter amount of time.
I still however do feel euphoric from 45-60 minutes whether its nasal or PO.
But that would make sense if im right.

Can you explain JasonCrest

Thanks buddy, that post got me to think

Last edited by a moderator:
40-50 percent rectal admin bioavailablity for Oxycodone? Thats bullshit, it should be 90-100 percent, its 30 percent more bio then oral route. As stated in the 2006 PDR.

^Lol! Yeah, that's wrong. I can edit it now that I got my account back. That source you are talking about might be helpful... All my sources say oral and rectal are the same.

Last edited:
then why does everyone feel just as high mg for mg when insuffulated or taken orally. Like i said everyone would notice if 20mg felt like only 10mg if insuffulated. It just doesn't make sense.

It's not 2x as strong, it's like 55% insuffulated to 70% oral average.

Edit- Think of it like someone snorts a 20 and gets 11mg at once, or they eat a 20 and get 14mg gradually.

Last edited:
the unknown said:
THOSE ARE VERY CONFLICTING . I dont care who did the study or whatever there is no way its 45% because i feel just as high as i do when i eat them. And i can say the same for almost everyone else. Why would so many people snort OCs, if the bioavailability its almost have that of oral, i think all those junkies would notice. I would def notice if i snorted 10mg and it only turned out to be 5mg or so. Whether i eat 10mg or snort 10mg of oxycodone it feels exactly the same th eonly difference is onset. Im sorry but the 45% is bullshit, i have to go with lyserg all day.

it sounds like you have a personal investment in this...
i find that people that snort things get really upset when you try to tell them it's not much more effective (or even more effective at all) than oral admin in most cases

also does anyone know why the oral and rectal bioavailability of morphine is so similar?

^IDK why, but I thought you might like to hear this:

Controlled release morphine tablets should not be crushed or used for rectal or vaginal administration.

link

lyserg said:
Yes but those sources are wrong. The effect people get from intranasal oxycodone speaks for itself. Its 60-70%. Anyway anything anyone adds im gonna add them to my 2nd post in the thread along with everyone on there now. Please take your time and try to make it accurate. After we get all the bioaavailabilities down im gonna do halflife for all of them also but you guys dont gotta do that, just keep finding percentages of bioavailability and this thread will turn into a very successful sticky at the top of the page :)
'Those sources' includes the source you used to get your information. ;)

Hey,

don't find any simple reference which states that mouth mucouses together with some way to base alkaloids (sodium bicarbonate or edible lime) are effective in absoption of alkaloids... I guess that all who have chewed coca leaves with and without lime paste or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) know the lift and the need of catalysator (lime or sidium bicarbonate) when leaves are chewed .

Cocaine

Book

Last edited:
Bump, anyone have anything else to add?
I have one more, Trazodone is 89 to 95% protein bound in vitro at concentrations attained with therapeutic doses.

It seems like noones even working on this besides me and like one other person. Come on guys, i know theres knowledgable people out there.

rashandreflex said:
also does anyone know why the oral and rectal bioavailability of morphine is so similar?

I've gotta wonder about this too. I read through the links but it's really difficult for me to accept that the increase in euphoria from plugging was just placebo. After building up somewhat of a tolerance I tried switching back to oral (at a higher dose even) and it was a huge dissapointment.

Assuming the numbers given in this thread are accurate, does anyone know if there's another factor that could explain this effect other than "bioavailability"?

^Plasma concentrations over time. Also, morphine is very varied in the bioavailability between people, and between different routes. To give you an idea, the mean bioavailability of rectal morphine is 31% (range 12%-61% )

Last edited:
I still dont get the whole oxycodone thing, thats never going to be solved. IMO it feels exactly the same mg for mg, last just as long, the only difference is the onset time, despite what numbers or studies have been done etc...

New ones, to avioid confusion:

buprenorphine 90- 100% IM
meperidine 80% to 85% IM
dihydrocodeine 21% oral;
oxymorphone 10% oral; 43% nasal
methamphetamine 100% IV

Protien binding

PROTEIN BINDING

* 1) ALFENTANIL - 92% (Baselt, 2000)
* 2) BUPRENORPHINE - 96% (Baselt, 2000)
* 3) BUTORPHANOL - 83% (Baselt, 2000)
* 4) CODEINE - 7% to 25% (Baselt, 2000)
* 5) FENTANYL - 79% (Baselt, 2000)
* 6) HEROIN - 40% (Baselt, 2000)
* 7) HYDROCODONE - Unknown (Baselt, 2000)
* 8 ) HYDROMORPHONE - 19% (Baselt, 2000)
* 9) LEVORPHANOL - 40% (Baselt, 2000)
* 10) MEPERIDINE - 64% (Baselt, 2000)
* 11) METHADONE - 87% (Baselt, 2000)
* 12) MORPHINE - 35% (Baselt, 2000)
* 13) METHYLFENTANYL - Unknown (Baselt, 2000)
* 14) OXYCODONE - 45% (Baselt, 2000)
* 15) REMIFENTANIL - 70% (Baselt, 2000)
* 16) SUFENTANIL - 93% (Baselt, 2000)

Last edited:
everyone i know who gets high aint got time to figure out all that shit lets just get fucked up who cares about bioavaila whateva

^Don't you want to know if a drug works better when you eat it, plug it, snort it, etc?

It doesn't take very long to look at a chart.