• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

BollWeevil said:
dihydrocodeine 21% oral; 100% IV;

I thought DHC was one of those which needed to be metabolized to the active molecule? If so, IVing it wouldn't be your best option. As well the 100 % for that and a few others seem kind of, well, sketchy or rounded, either one, but I don't know if anything has 100% bioavailability, even when IVed.

So whats the deal w/ DHC?

johanneschimpo said:
I thought DHC was one of those which needed to be metabolized to the active molecule? If so, IVing it wouldn't be your best option. As well the 100 % for that and a few others seem kind of, well, sketchy or rounded, either one, but I don't know if anything has 100% bioavailability, even when IVed.

So whats the deal w/ DHC?
Yeah, DHC isn't given IV; my mistake. I'll edit that out

As for the 100% figure, I believe many places are using bioavailability as a comparison relative to IV.

BollWeevil said:
As for the 100% figure, I believe many places are using bioavailability as a comparison relative to IV.
Yes, this is the reason. IV bioavailability should always be 100%, as the bioavailability of other routes of admin is a comparasin to IV admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the first list, midazolam is stated as having a higher bioavailability orally than nasally, what source is this from? I'm PRETTY fuckin sure it's higher nasally. Wikipedia has the oral at ~36%

jcrest

librium (chlorodiazepoxide) is pretty worthwhile snorted plgged or iv'ed

it gives a rush , i know it has to bet metabolized in the liver or whateverb but the ffects aere instantenous and you get a small rush when plugging or decent one when iv'ing

Lyserg and JasonCrest, when you's say diazepam has a protein binding of 94% -99% what do you's mean

It has to do with processing in the liver. It gets attached to proteins (ie albumin) and is transported around as a bound substance therefore making it inactive. Only the free portion is active (and perhaps a small amount of bound). It is likely why it has such a long half-life as the diazepam molecule must detach from it's protien carrier. Something with 0 protein binding is in and out of the system in a few hours.

That is why juicers need to know their free test levels as the rest is useless as it is bound. Learned something from those years on juice LOL. Actually I think I learned nearly as much juicing and otherwise being a 'junky' as I did in school about pharmacology.

I Found This Which says that the Nasal Bioavailability For Buprenorphine is 48%

(I didnt read it all so i maybe wrong, see page 4, table 1)

anyone have any figures for hydrocodone? i'll try to look it up in the PDR later if nobody knows. i did a google search and had little luck.

^I couldn't find them; people on here say that it is unknown. That makes sense to me.

lyserg said:
BollWeevil said:
^That means its 46% + or - 34%... 46 is right in the middle.

I posted a few sources that put it at 45 - 46% too.

Just FYI.
Yes but those sources are wrong. The effect people get from intranasal oxycodone speaks for itself. Its 60-70%.
Considering your very scientific approach providing sources for your claims this doesn't sound very sensible.

You say a substance has 70% bioavailability and quote a source saying it has a bioavailability of 46% but that this source must be wrong because of common belief. Why quote a source in the first place if it's wrong?

redeemer said:
Considering your very scientific approach providing sources for your claims this doesn't sound very sensible.

You say a substance has 70% bioavailability and quote a source saying it has a bioavailability of 46% but that this source must be wrong because of common belief. Why quote a source in the first place if it's wrong?

The study i posted earlier has oxycodone at 46% bio aswell.

fuck trazodone

lyserg said:
Bump, anyone have anything else to add?
I have one more, Trazodone is 89 to 95% protein bound in vitro at concentrations attained with therapeutic doses.

there's nothing like a sleep-aid that leaves u more tired when u wake than before u slept. are people using this drug recreationally? lol

What about the Bioavailability/Half-life of Rectal shooting Heroin? what % is that compared to IM'ing and IV'ing

rectal shooting meaning sticking syringe with no needle up butt and squirt..

bioavailability also depends on the person right ?
some people's bodies might absorb it like 100% and others maybe 70%... isnt that right ?

Gum Base said:
What about the Bioavailability/Half-life of Rectal shooting Heroin? what % is that compared to IM'ing and IV'ing

rectal shooting meaning sticking syringe with no needle up butt and squirt..

how is it possible to get high from rectal shooting ? :\

It is very possible, anyways, the reason the average morphine oral to plugged ratio is 1:1 is because of the incredible amount of variance due to the following factors, could work almost as well as IM (all conditions met) might not be as good as oral. (no attention paid)

adjusting the ph of morphine will cause a dramatic improvement in rectal bioavailability and absorption rate.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/j606n384v5746640/

-formulation (liquid vs suppository, liquid is better)
volume of liquid (more equals better, unfortunately)
concentration of drug (?? read the article and tell me)
length of insertion (contrary to the plugging FAQ, shorter equals better due to lack of first pass metabolism) flame me if im wrong but you better link somethin.
PH (should be between 7 and 8, very important).
presence of stool (umm duh, shit will absorb drugs and they will be useless)

http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;100/1/143#B154

Last edited:
I love you guys. Keep up the hard work. It really means a lot to me that you are taking the time to educate us on how to best abuse what. :p

Though I'de love to see an intranasal bioavailability for methylphenidate as well.

asecin said:
how is it possible to get high from rectal shooting ? :\

Your rectum acts just like your nose does at absorbing drugs but your rectum has a much larger surface area. The rush is fantastic as well (compare to IM)

Cocaine IV bolus: ~100%

There are so many things that can effect bioavailability. For example: Smoking Marijuana before taking cocaine will increase the intranasal cocaine bioavailability.

A medicinal chemistry applet tool to determine Bioavailability/Area Under Curve (AUC) can be found here: AUC

Last edited: