• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

Hydroxyzine pamoate or however you spell it (the capsules) Vistaril not Atarax (the tablets) they are the same but different use Vistaril for IV use not Atarax is the HCL ( im sure you could but the capsule would be safer) The contents of the capsule are bright yellow so filter until you have a semi clear solution and use that. It works good with bupe. They are both hydroxyzine but one is the pamoate (sp?) and one is the hcl and the pamoate (capsule) is easier to prep and easier to filter till you know you have all the crap out.

Last edited:
bioavailability

From a biochemical perspective, increasing surface area will increace the rate of reaction. In other words, I have been chewing my klonopin (they're minty ;) )
so they come on faster. But me qoestion is, does this increase the bioavailability? I want faqs.

^No, that will just affect the speed of absorption, and only marginally at that unless there is a time release mechanism that you are defeating by crushing. You will absorb a little bit through your tongue and cheeks when you chew which alters the overall amount you absorb a tiny amount, but the difference will be minuscule. Again, speed of absorption will be the factor most impacted.

referring to the old oxycodone nasal bioavail post: i think a LOT has to do with how fine you crush, smash the powder. it has to. i would turn that shit into dust and wow, where as some of my friends used to crush it up so fast because they just wanted to get high, big and chunky =\ my oxycontin days have been over for years, i cant do the peaks and valleys these days. short acting is just too much on my body, especially when your coming down. the craving is too much, the depression, whatever. thats years of abuse though, i think the first months were fun though =) either way, im sure it just depends on how well you break the tab/pill down. near common sense...

it seems like this question has been ignored multiple times throughout this thread
but, does *anyone* know the bio-availability of dextroamphetamine for nasal and rectal ROA?

i was also wondering, is there a (relatively) simple extraction that can yield semi-pure dexamphetamine or methylphenidate?
as it would be used intranasally or plugged so slight impurities will not be a problem

does anybody know the nasal BA of dextroamphetamine? (not adderall just pure dextroamphetamine)

is it identical to that of 'normal' amphetamine (if there even is a real difference i don't really know),>>>>

ha ha>>

i usually speak orally... ha ha.

(i'm sorry i just found that really fun at the moment)

Dextroamphetamine is a normal amphetamine. It is the active part of amphetamine ( I is not active) I think you meant adderall which has D, I, and two other's.

opiadict go back a page I explained this shit too much I am not even going to bother. I am just going to say that it is really bad for your health.

^adderall is a combination of dextroamphetamine and the racemic DL-amphetamine, DL stands for dextro and levo, its optical isomers.

^ Yea I know I confused it with the salt's but the active part is D L just has peripheral effect's.

This may be a dumb question, but is there any possible ROA for methylphenidate through the buccal administration? I cannot keep snorthing stuff, my lungs are filling w/ talc and I'm getting obsessive. I don't feela anything when I take it orally on an empy stomach so...could it be take buccal against the gums or cheaks?

Bad idea?

Good idea?

I just really can't snort anymore of this nasty, filler-filler shit or I;m going to die. I'd rather give it away than have to short the remain 500mg. There has to be another way besides rectal and IV and oral and intranasal. Any help here?

Come un buccal! I've looked all over the internet but I can't seem to find a legit answer. So any conjectures?

Rectal admin with methylphenidate is the strongest ROA (outside of IV, of course) that I have experienced. It is very intense this way, be warned...

Hydroxyzine pamoate or however you spell it (the capsules) Vistaril not Atarax (the tablets) they are the same but different use Vistaril for IV use not Atarax is the HCL ( im sure you could but the capsule would be safer) The contents of the capsule are bright yellow so filter until you have a semi clear solution and use that. It works good with bupe. They are both hydroxyzine but one is the pamoate (sp?) and one is the hcl and the pamoate (capsule) is easier to prep and easier to filter till you know you have all the crap out.

I have Atarax. It's easy to filter a clear solution out of it (micron filtering), no complaints with the hcl. Plus it's twice as potent.

It's nice, 5mg IV is wonderful in terms of a replacement for a benzo.

From a biochemical perspective, increasing surface area will increace the rate of reaction. In other words, I have been chewing my klonopin (they're minty ;) )
so they come on faster. But me qoestion is, does this increase the bioavailability? I want faqs.

No, it does not increase the BA.

The only way to get a higher BA with a benzo is to use a different benzo, one with a high oral BA, like temazepam.

i take 100mg of vistaril per dose so that equals 50mg of the hcl??
oh, and since i posted that info about vistaril someone has told me that the pamoate (vistaril) isn't water soluble.. but ive shot it so i swear it is. but i could be wrong but it seems to mix up with water fine for me :\

EDIT: but when i shoot it (which i havent done in a while) id only do a 25mg capsule.. and that would be with an opiate.

and i wasn't micron filtering back then, so i was talking about cotton filtering.. but i micron filter everything now and i gotta say it's a lot better/safer.

Last edited:
i take 100mg of vistaril per dose so that equals 50mg of the hcl??
oh, and since i posted that info about vistaril someone has told me that the pamoate (vistaril) isn't water soluble.. but ive shot it so i swear it is. but i could be wrong but it seems to mix up with water fine for me :\

EDIT: but when i shoot it (which i havent done in a while) id only do a 25mg capsule.. and that would be with an opiate.

and i wasn't micron filtering back then, so i was talking about cotton filtering.. but i micron filter everything now and i gotta say it's a lot better/safer.

Did it burn for you? Whenever I have more than 4 to 5mg of hydroxyzine hcl in a shot, it burns for me. Just a little bit (and I know I'm making the shot), nothing too alarming.

Did it burn for you? Whenever I have more than 4 to 5mg of hydroxyzine hcl in a shot, it burns for me. Just a little bit (and I know I'm making the shot), nothing too alarming.

no burn that i can remember.. if you want ill go do it now lol.. i have an extra vial and a couple microns.. i gotta get more microns :\ they go so damn fast.

no burn that i can remember.. if you want ill go do it now lol.. i have an extra vial and a couple microns.. i gotta get more microns :\ they go so damn fast.

Interesting, then you may have not gotten it into the water. I'm not sure though.

Personally I think the effects of IV hydroxyzine are two fold, you have a few seconds worth of an initial rush with at least, which is somewhat pleasant (amplified when you're on benzos). Then there's a few hours of an effect with an anxiolytic/sedating property to it.

You can get the latter via oral dosing, but I find it's hard to "titrate" the dose orally, even half a pill orally is too much and I fall asleep too quickly, and end up groggy in the morning/sleeping in too late.

Yeah I feel you man, I go through micron filters at a quick pace as is.

maybe what had me thinking i was getting it into the water was the yellow coloring of the powder from the capsule mixing with the water? and the pamoate just didn't mix in.. but i would expect the hcl to burn since it's hydrochloric acid.. the pamoate is just like a "freebase" type thing. which would explain why it doesn't work good for IV.. but i used to use it all the time (placebo most likely then).. i still take 100mg every morning and afternoon orally tho. a long with a million other things :\ . being bipolar sure does give you quite the arsenal of meds. not to mention suboxone for opiate addiction.

half life of ethanol

Did a search for this and got nothing; weird.

Anyone know what it is?