• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Melbourne Shuffle - Your Opinion

chandler said:
Well, personally, I'm from Melbourne and I can't stand it. But I don't dig on the rave scene so that kinda explains it.

Hip hop/house is where the funk is at...

*nods*g

i WISH someone over here could teach me the famous melbourne shuffle.
I can dance but the shuffle is so hard to pick up over the net :(
One day i hope to learn it.

It's just a rave dance style. Shuffle, stomp, hakken, I don't really care how people dance but I find it rather silly that some take it too seriously. That said, I sometimes unconsciously (pretend to) shuffle.

samadhi said:
Does anyone else think that it looks like some crazy-evolve/mutated Charleston? All you'd need is flapper-dresses, fedora hats and some illegal moonshine and BAM: you're back in the 20's.

I have got to turn up to a shuffle-off dressed like that just to show everyone up. =D

Lame, lame and LAME! One of the lamest, most unoriginal and uninspiring "dances" EVER. I just can't believe people still do it... :\

What the fuck ever happened to originality?

I do it because I can!

LMAO at originality comment above. It only seems unoriginal because everyone at Melbourne raves are dancing the same style. Shuffle at a normal club and I assure you people will think you're the most original dancer in town!

That said, I am completely indifferent as to whether the shuffle is good or not. I think it's good because I can do it... however, I'd never go as far to call it a talent.

It's just whatever.

enjoyable.

and a good work-out.

A very level-minded post :)

I agree.. It's just ... stuff..

nothing more...

When you over-rate stuff it becomes a style.. all styles have their opponents.

^ I like stuff. Stuff is the best. But not that other stuff, im not into that (whatever you may have heard)

The shuffle looks like it would murder your ankles (assuming you could feel them at the time) n stuff

Wonder if you're phatties would end up skin tight around your elephantitis calves?

LMAO at the idea of elephantitis of the calves...

I'm imagining Melbournian ravers wandering around yelling "I am not an ANIMAL..I shuffle!"

;)

I haven't seen anyone do the shuffle for almost 2 years, well except for the times where I've demonstrated to my friends what the shuffle was exactly, and they burst out laughing. Might have something to do with my shit shuffling skills these days though, and it's probably time I tried it infront of a full length mirror, along with the hat and wiping brow tricks. ;)

I'm sure I mentioned the other day, but my sister happened to see a car in Melbourne with the sticker "shut up and shuffle". Tell me something, do they have shuffle off dances in Melbourne now? =D

The shuffle has been well overdone and it should be left to die peacefully. I used to think it was cool, but I guess it's nicer to have your own groove to the music, rather than looking like 1000 other robots in the same club.

I still like seeing people shuffle because I never see it these days.

It gives people rythym when ordinarily they would have none.

If you thought shuffling was kinda "lame"
The Brisbane stomp is alot more homo
and apparently there is some weird rumor there is a Tassie two-step?
Can anyone confirm?

Yet, I much prefer someone shuffle next to me on the floor, instead of a drunk guy waving his hands in the air and knocking everyone around him.

well i think the shuffle is fantastic.
i havent yet mastered it, but i like to think i can sort of do it.
i think it looks cool, and i think its great that melbourne has an original dance.
i made a doco on the shuffle a few years ago, ill see if i can put it on youtube. com and post it back here :)

^ The whole worlds one massive clique.

Don't delude yourselves! "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

:p

If people want to shuffle, then go right ahead and shuffle! I reckon it looks good and skillful, but honestly-admittedly a slight tad silly, but I can also acknowladge the apparent practice gone into perfecting it.
Really, when we are all out there dancing drunk and/or off our faces who really cares what we look like n how we choose to move to the music!? It's all about letting loose n having fun! ~* hic*~
:) :) :)

Amy, those docos are wicked! I loved your track selection too. :) Nice work! :D

I still think that the Melbourne shuffle looks like a strangely evolved Charleston ;), but your docos have definitely provided some more information to this unknowing Brisbanian. ;)

Last edited: