• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Fooling the EZ-Test!

Av

Bluelighter
I was thinking, there seems to be an awfull lot of trust put into EZTest results these days, I dont know how it works (yeah i should have done some research but this is off the top of my head), but there must surely be other chemicals that produce black (MDxx) reactions to EZTest solution....
Now judging by drug dealing history, it won't be long before unscrupulous dealers start putting all sorts of weird shit into our pills to get the desired result on the test.... am i just paranoid or is this a possibility?....
If so, guess we should all be carefull to just be wary of test results and not accept them as pure fact, but as another indicator, or clue towards the quality of the pill.
please dont get me wrong here....pill testing is still the best thing to happen to the scene in a long time...
Peace.
-Av

I remember a post a while back with the e-z tester person and he said that the e-z tester doesn't indicate what kind of MDxx it is, it only tells you if it is MDxx.
He said that the people at E-Z tester HQ were researching to try to develop a tester that does distinguish what MDxx it is. Here's hoping they do!
PLUR
oh and I heard that the Orange/aPRICOT rolexes have PMA in them. Some people that have tested these pills said it went black very quickly. This is worrying because someone who tests a pill with PMA in it will be shocked rudely to discover it's not MDxx

what are the effects of pma?
asymmetry and i have had the apricot rolex's twice now and it sure as hell felt like mdma to us! we had a really good time, with all the classic feelings & effects of e.
smilez!
smile.gif

Orange rolexes - I have had these and they certainly don't seem like anything except an MDEA/MDMA ...both the effects and EZ test confirm this....dunno where you get the PMA thing from? Also these test black on EZ test and I would expect PMA to go orange being an amphetamine.
Later

The batch of Orange rolexes going around PErth not long ago had PMA in them. All the people I spoke to said they were too strong and started vomiting everywhere. The newer rolexes are supposed to be wicked though.

hmmmmm, I gotta say im a little sus about that pma thing. Aus is right, it would turn orange cos its an amphetamine, and ive had the rolexs and they were the real thing, thats for sure. And as far as I know, there has only been one batch, but im in melb, so I could be mistaken.
------------------
I'm an idealist...
I dont know where im going but im on my way

thanks to auswaverider for asking the PMA question in the "Pill testing" forum...
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000025.html
this is the perfect place for this and other questions about the reagent, as you'll be asking a-j, the guy who makes e-z test, directly...
i'm trying to find something on PMA but not having much luck this morning... PIHKAL isnt much help as to its effects, and anything else i've found is legal stuff....anyone got a reference on its effects?
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

I've been searching a bit for PMA stuff, amid all the legal bills I found an article from the Medical Journal of Australia discussing how to avoid ecstacy related deaths. This article implicated PMA and combinations of MDMA-PMA in 6 of 12 deaths in 1995-7. http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/feb3/white/white.html is the article.
Other webpages I found regarding the chemical also indicated that people taking PMA as a contaminant in what they thought was MDMA were in for a bad time.
(Quick Q JB: is this kind of second hand info posting useful on the BL site, or are people best left to search for themselves?)

no that sort of link is just what's needed. i mean i really hope that everyone searches the net thoroughly for their own answers...
but i also know that its very hard to find this sort of info if you dont know where to look... links like this make great starting points for future searches
i'm trying to get into the habit of quoting the source url for anything i post, except anecdotal stuff of course...
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Vune,
How ya going mate....yeah I am from Perth and also heard about the PMA and associated death. I was unaware they were orange rolex's though. I was told something else. Anyway the orange rolex's around at the moment are good and I am 99.9% sure not PMA...they seem very MDMA/MDEA to me and many others.
As for PMA in future pills hopefully we can find out what colour they will go on EZ test....hopefully they will go orange and not black!
Cheers mate
PLUR
Aus

BigTrancer,
Thanks for the links mate, interesting article....lets keep digging on this PMA shite and hopefully we can find out some decent info about it.
Later
smile.gif

probably a stupid question people.. but actually how does it work (tester). i mean i know it shows up this and that.. but what about if they are all present? like if something has 40%MDXX and 60% rat poison.. it's still going to go black isn't it??
That kinda thing has got me a bit confused.. or say if it does have mdxx, but more speed.. what then?

From as far as I know, if it has, lets say 50% speed and 50% mdma
Then the colors will go from orange to black, changing at a pace which indicates potency of the dominant drugs.
Dont quote me on that tho, as its only from the many pill reports/articles that iv read.
Also, just from above, talking about the rolex's ever considered that their was a fake batch which contained a PMA like substance, where as the orignals were good ol' MDxx ??
*runs back to the conspiracy theory corner*

just a small response to what was originally stated by Vune - regarding the orange rolex's.. the fact that people thought they were 'too' strong and were vomiting normally says to me its either:
a) the first time the subjects have had a real eccie (or their first strong one)
b) a sign of a good egg - remember nausea is a side effect of mdma..
also the idea that there were two different batches of rolex's (one containing mdxx analogue, other containing PMA) in perth within weeks of each other. i tried many of them and all showed signs of either mdma/mdea - that i can tell from effects/ ez test.
just my 5 cents, feedback appreciated
take it easy

Aj from EZ-Test should really be answering this (seeing as he makes the things) but seeing as I distribute them in Australia, here's what I know to be fact.
The Marquis reagent, which is the active ingredient of an EZ Test, is a volatile corrosive liquid which is easily made with 3 basic chemicals. If you are a run-of-the-mill industrial chemist (as you all are!) you'd know how to knock this formula up in two seconds flat (then again, you'd be able to knock MDMA together too, but obviously this isn't recommended!).
Marquis reagent, amongst about 1000 others, is a popular chemical used by government agencies, police forces and private detectives throughout the world to determine substances found on bodies, clothing and in vehicles etc. They have one for Heroin, another for Cocaine, some for Hash resin and when testing for E and speed, Marquis reagent (yes, you too can be a secret dick!!).
THIS IS IMPORTANT: The reagent, when in contact with speed and E, goes certain colours, as we all know (consult your EZ Test colour chart, or http://the-peak.com.au under the EZ Test section for more on this). When in contact with PMA, Heroin, Coke, brick dust, rat poison, old socks, my false teeth, grannie's underwear etc etc etc... the colour WILL NOT CHANGE AT ALL..... read that again.... the colour WILL NOT CHANGE.
Q: Then what happens when a pill has both an MDxx substance AND Draino present??
A: Good question! The MDxx substance will turn the reagent purple (we know) and the Draino will turn it (what?)...that's right, no colour reaction to Draino...so, we end up with a purple reaction overall...
..in the case of Speed?...same thing...Orange first, then no colour change from the brick dust, so overall??... = orange test...
So, if you have something you perhaps want in a pill (speed, E) you get a colour change. If you have something you don't (Draino), no colour change. If you have both, you'll only get the colour reaction to the substances that EZ-Test test for (Speed, X, 2CB and DXM ,at this time).
In the case of Apricot Rolexes then (which test positive for some MDxx content) they may well have PMA, brick dust or Draino in them. Why do we think that? Because EZ-Test (and Marquis reagent generally) does NOT test for these substances. It can ONLY tell you if a MDxx substance is present. The rest, I'm afraid, is still very much "hope and pray" (why do you think we class drug-taking as a dangerous activity!?!?).
wink.gif

So anybody talking about PMA (or any other unusual pill ingredient) is either:
(a) making it up for 'scare' value.
(b) has one of the FBI other testing reagents that does PMA specific reactions (not very likely), or
(c) is GUESSING (as is so often the case!)..
There's more info on http://the-peak.com.au under the EZ-Test section, or you're welcome to email me at [email protected] if this doesn't sufficiently answer your queries on the Marquis reagent and the EZ Test in Australia.
hope this help you...
candyflip
smile.gif

------------------
The latest pill tests, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au/E-Z_Test/Testing/testing.html
[This message has been edited by candyflip (edited 28 March 2000).]

Candyflip,
So even tho PMA is an methampethamine it will not turn orange...are you 100% certain willing to stake your manhood/womanhood on that *grin*???

hi auswaverider,
No, I'm not saying PMA won't turn the test orange, only that it is impossible (using the Ez Test) to know whether PMA is present or not. It may be, it may not be, but one thing's for sure: the EZ Test will not confirm either way.
It will ONLY confirm a speed presence: not the type....
thanks
candyflip
smile.gif

P.S. it's manhood
wink.gif

------------------
The latest pill tests, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au/E-Z_Test/Testing/testing.html

Auswaverider= do you go to hardcore events? like random logik? if you are going we should meet up!
Akira= did you play at Eardrum Torture 4?

i understand how the tester works and its the following way:
the main ingredient is sulfuric acid. it reacts with chemicals containing the methylenedioxy ring possessed by MDXX substances to produce a purple colour. i know this because when i don't have access to E-Z testers i use sulfuric acid to test for MDXX.
no other drugs on the market except the MDXX drugs possess this characteristic and only the prescence of the MD- part of the molecule gives the purple reaction.
PMA would NOT give a purple reaction. it should give orange though, i have tested dexies = amphetamine not methylamphetamine (speed) and they produced an orange colour also. so PMA should do the same.
i made this comment earlier that an orange reaction does not imply speed, it could be any amphetamine like substance inc PMA and this is y taking such a pill is risky.
Purple/black can only be MDXX so the risk is a lot less.
speaking of poisions, additives etc. if a pill maker made pure MDXX to put in pills he/she would know that they have the goods, their pills will go out and people will rave about them. Y on earth would they ruin the pills and their hard work and their future profits by adding ketamine, PMA, insecticides etc. it is the pills which have no MDXX, but instead are a cocktail of shit, trying to imitate X, which are more likely to have such substances.
About faking the tester, i commented on this in the AUSTRALIAN PILL COSTS post (last post 21/3). u could fake it, i know u can, read what i have said if ur interested.

If any one is intrested in getting the lowdown on PMA I suggest the hunt down an exstensive artical published in Muzik magazine December 1997 it makes for very scary reading The drug paramethoxyamphetamine was the one responsible for the rash of E deaths in Adelaide back in the mid nineties .The effective dose is 50-80mg while doses over 150mg are considered fatal( multiple pill poppers beware!).One of the problems with PMA is when you are on it you can very easily not realise how high you really are and end up taking more it is also very very dangerous when mixed with alcohol so please always test your pills.
------------------
flip