• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Weird freaky 'nightmares' after MDMA use

Update: It's about 2 or 3 minutes after having sleep paralysis again... and even after just writing about it on bluelight not even 3 hours ago... I really believe some evil spirit or something is monitoring me solely on the fact that I haven't had that intense of a molestation/strangle dream by one of those strangle witches in about 4 to 5 solid months... Then bam... Couple hours after posting it happens again... Weird thing about this one was that I could almost make out a slide that went over my eyes, that put me in that fake dream bed room while the attack happened... And I also noticed that I wasn't really dreaming before hand, I was already stuck in that fake bed room the whole time... Bad thing about this time.. seeing how I was sort of awake but unable to move... was that after reading that wiki site, linked above, In my head I was reciting things like strangle witch (I think this is what Mongolians or something called it) and the "attack" really got out of hand there.. Full on ball torture (I'm not making this up). Also to note, I managed to hold my breath in, in attempt to have a heart attack, and I think I actually physically was able to hold my breath even though I was not awake... Ne ways before I actually did potentially have a heart attack, I managed to start breathing again, although I had to really force myself to breathe in and out. Even when I woke up, my face was flushed, and my heart beat was weak... Reading that wiki site article was helpful, but also harmful because now I have in my head that a strangle witch is after me... I even swung into thin air after waking up to get her off my chest which didn't help the heart issue at all... LOL strange huh... Almost felt like I was close to death on that one. Oh and a weird note... 3 hours ago my wireless mouse worked fine... the batteries are still good at it completely doesn't work now... weird... I think the strangle witch/demon is trying to prevent me from writing this!

I'm beginning to think this is what happens to people when they die in their sleep... which is scary because it has already happened like 25 times before... I've probably dodged a bullet so many times. I should really enjoy life more before it's too late.

I've also experienced this. It actually happened after my first time--which involved a couple of fairly high doses of pure powder---way back in the Days of Old.

IIRC, it was most prominent the second night after dropping. Lying on a couch in a sort of half-sleep, still worn-out from the intense E-trip and light/erratic sleep of the previous night. I'd slip under and suddenly get very vivid, very bizarre and frightening visions accompanied by a sensation of falling, or more accurately, being pulled downward by heavier gravity.

Then I'd be jarred back awake, heart racing, forehead dappled with cold sweat, feeling disoriented and promising myself I'd never take ecstasy again. Replay from beginning.

It got better, though, day by day. And I broke my promise, of course.

i lol'd.

i think ive had this before, falling asleep, then a hear a really loud buzzing noie and my body has fallen asleep, i try roll of the bed thinking shit i will wake my dad up.

i couldnt move, so i rolled off the bed...but it was like 0 gravity, i kept floating to the other side of my room?!?

scared i cant move then wake up and as you said im coverd in sweat etc...

just a very vivid dream or sleep paralysis

it was my room but...my computer was near my door, and was switched on, which it never is when i sleep, nor is it near the door, like a rearranged room...my room but different.

and when i realised i couldnt move, i was hallucinating, numbers and stuff i could see on my wall, very interesting/scary.

I've had this way bad when I was abusing MDMA, it went on for 2 weeks after I quit. It basically happened like this... extremely lucid dream, can still remember it to this day, I'm walking around no big deal, suddenly I can't move and I start falling to the ground, when I finally give up and I'm ready to die I fall, the ground feels way too soft, I open my eyes and the ground is actually the matrass I'm sleeping on, then, I'm stuck in horrible sleep paralysis, I can't move for about 5 minutes and every 20 seconds or so there is a surge of huge pressure pushing down on my chest and head... sometimes there was a hallucination of some dude trying to strangle me too. After the torture I can finally move my hands and legs and there I am wide awake thinking what the FUCK just happened. Never EVER again... lol

OMG, you just made me remember another time ^^.

went for an afternoon nap.

fall asleep,

why am i sat at my computer?...didnt i just get in bed? ah well, guess il go to bed, stand up and find it extremely hard to move, think im gunna die.

wake up in bed.....WTF, mind fook.

repeat.....x5!!! ffs, kept happening when i fell back asleep.

xtc4life, I think you should go and talk to a profesional or something about this. (although im not sure what kind of profesional..) but something very wrong seems to be happening to you. Im not saying I dont believe you, but i dont think whatever is happening is being induced by use of MDMA. also.. any drugs / anti psychotics are always going to be bad news ... anti pyschotics usually stop the dopamine and seratonin receptors from doing whatever they do.. so it could be doing some sort of damage.. or perhaps your being abducted by aliens or some sort of paranormal event. dunno if i believe in witches trying to fuck with you tho. heh. =D

I've been experiencing this for a few weeks now as have my friends. It's been a regular occurrence each night well after a heavy session. It's got to the point where I'm freaked out to sleep yet I don't want to stop taking mdma on each weekend. Sleeping on my back makes them worse and sleep paralysis is a regular thing. I have found that winding down for bed by reading, maybe having a bath and doing breathing exercising to relax myself has helped. I think a detox is in order though.

I have been experiencing alot of the things mentioned above! I thought I was the only one.

For two weeks now I have been having really f'd up dreams and also feel as if someone pushes down on me and I jump in my bed scared as fuck. I have rolled about 10-15 times now and am used to seeing weird dreams but since my last roll (which was huge compared to every other time) I have been pretty disturbed. Its put me off. Hoping it goes away

I had the most horrific sleep paralysis experience a couple of years, not related to MDMA (Probably sleep deprivation) but I seriously think there are parts of that experience that I've fully repressed. Only reason why I think this is because the moment I think about what happened, not even in a negative way, just saying/thinking about what happened my eyes instantly start to water. Not your standard eyes watering either, pretty much tears streaming down my face (as is happening now). One thing it's actually made me thankful for is that when I get sleep paralysis now (probably once every 3/4 months) It's a walk over. I pretty much just force my eyes shut, ignore the fact that I'm totally paralysed and laugh it off. That big scary thing kneeling accross my shins pushing it's arms into my chest just ends up turning into some weird lucid paralysis when it feels like I'm getting with a hot friend. The plus is that it feels so real. Then I wake up in a cold swear, turn my laptop on for half hour and then get back to sleep.

The first experience was the most horrific experience of my life

Oh, just remembered something I read on sleep paralysis that sounds like it might help a lot of people in the thread. When it happens you can normally think clearly which is part of the reason why it's so scary. If you just hold your breath it forces you to wake up.

This happened to me the other nigh! Didn't relate it to mdma. Was at a festival and was asleep in the tent with my boyfriend who was snoring . I thought it was keeping me awake and thought I was awake, laid there hearing him snoring. Then I heard, what I thought, was him mumbling in his sleep things that I was dreaming about. I thought "that's weird" and sat up and looked over to him. And I swear to god I saw an old man, lying on his back asleep next to my boyfriend on the other side of him. And I swear he was the one snoring loudly and talking in his sleep. Bit weird. Didn't recognise him but I gathered "hey we're at a festival and maybe he had nowhere to sleep and my boyfriend let him in. I laid back down, went to sleep and as I was waking up I was convinced he was still there. I had to look but he wsent and my boyfriend said he never was and that I was having loads of weird dreams and was seeing things all night. I rarely do mdma amdma and had just had way too much that night

My grandpa's dead uncle had the same condition. He was a narcoleptic. Someone who experiences occasional sleep paralysis and day time sleep attacks. He wasn't even aware of his condition since it was not very severe. He was cool with occasional sleep paralysis and he related his sleepiness to his lazy nature. But after the MDMA experience, the frequency and the severity of sleep attacks and sleep paralysis enourmously increased. After seeing a doctor he realized this. Probably you have the same condition. See a neurolog and get a polysomnogram (PSG) and the multiple sleep latency test (MSLT). Probably your values will show that you are a narcoleptic. Do not care about comments of people who are not narcoleptics. It is the biggest mistake about these forums. Drugs can have different effects on different people. Someone can just do great after MDMA and someone else can suffer for days or even weeks to recover. There are really some ignorant people who will never say a single negative comment about their favourite drug.

Read below

http://narcolepsymdma.blogspot.com.tr/2015/09/the-connection-between-mdma-and.html?m=1

I am not a heavy E user, taken it four times now in about a year, first time I snorted 3 lines but nothing happened (my friend got caught at the club door with mandy and weed, dunno if you can suppress the come-up in heavy situations but I didn't feel anything but panic), second time I took a bomb wrapped in rizla but felt like absolute shit for three hours til I came up for about 2 hours, nothing crazy just felt cheerful and friendly and gurny, third time I took a bomb of some weird green powder shit and I felt dazed as fuck for about six hours, no big pupils and no empathy but a bit of visuals (fairly sure there was little to no mdma in that powder) and the fourth time was a couple of nights ago. Never had trouble sleeping after the past 3 times but this time I took 1 pink chupa chups pill.
Took me a while to come up but it always does, had an insane time in the club sipping water a lot, dancing for about 40 minutes and then felt faint and had to sit down. Sat in the toilets and the walls were moving. Went to the smoking area and my lips and face went white as hell and I couldn't move/speak for about an hour, just sat with my eyes shut all tensed up. Eventually my bf calmed me down by improvising kid's stories and I got relaxed and was able to walk home.
The comedown was nasty and I slept all day, but just before I woke up I had this horrible dream where a horse was trying to bite my genitals off (no kidding) and nobody would help me, they just tickled my feet and I got pissed off. Now it's Monday and I felt alright in the morning, but just had a nap and had the most surreal yet lifelike dreams, had about 4 false awakenings where I thought me and my housemate were discovering a new room to the house full of an old veteran's clothes and it looked like somebody had just been there and we were spooked, then I thought I was finding loads of pizza boxes in my room so old that they were filled with lakes of mould, then I thought I was eating caramel shortbreads and I couldn't stop. This thread also helped me realise I used to have sleep paralysis when I was a really little kid. Freaky shit.

Sorry for the huge post, but I'm a little freaked out by my experience. I drank enough water but not too much, I ate enough before, my friends all took the same pill and were fine. I'll take a half pill next time. Dreams don't sound that bad but it's just not what I'm used to.

That is absolutely insane. About the “guy looking for trouble” I’ve had exactly the same thing a day and a half after taking MD and having weed which I was told would stop my comedown. Usually if I have MD alone all I get is depression for a week but this time I dreamt there was a guy on the train and he was looking for trouble and became very aggravated with me for some reason and he kept following me around when I was trying to run away from him and then I entered another carriage (quite a dangerous thing to do for those of you who know of the central line in London) I thought I had escaped but then I looked back and saw him barging through people to get me and I had to force myself to wake up and remember it was a dream. It was very scary

I've had 2 freaky nightmarish experiences after MDMA use.

The first was after I lay down for a nap and suddenly woke from the sound of terribly loud techno music. I jumped from the couch, ran around the living room to find the source of it. I could swear I was awake, my ears literally hurt from the noise, but then I woke a second time, for real this time. It took me hours to convince myself I was truly awake. I've never felt something so real when in fact it wasn't.

The second time I woke up and had been dreaming about numbers... all kinds of numbers, all very abstract. But I was awake yet I still felt like everything around me "needed" a number... the window, the bed, my girlfriend... hard to explain. It freaked me out because it just didn't stop, like my brain was broken or something. It didn't make any sense but I had to go on thinking about numbers. I just got out of bed, and stood outside in the freezing cold in the hopes of "truly" waking up... It worked.