• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Intravenous Nicotine

IV Nic.

Why not?

Snortable nicotine would likely be more "healthful."

jasoncrest said:
Buy one... It's not that expansive, and very effective...
Only one huff gives you a strong head buzz...

not if you have tolerance/ addiction.
I don't want a quitting aid that provides 1/3 the plasma nicotine levels given by a cigarette, I want a cigarette substitute that gives the proper dose as quickly as a cigarette, but I know it would never get licenced.

Helios. said:
Why not?

Snortable nicotine would likely be more "healthful."

Yeah, it's a deadly poison they say ('40–60 mg can be a lethal dosage for adult human beings'). Anyway they don't give a fuck about danger connected with shooting some shit from the street with unknown amount of desired drug.

Intoxo said:
Just put 2 extra inhalors in your nostrils and breathe deep.

doesn't work, tried smoking inhalors too, but they don't stay lit and the plastic smells like DMT - nasty :)

more seriously 'ad libitum dosing' ie as much as you want when you want only results in peak plasma levels 1/3 that of a cigarette, its a case of partly how much but also how fast its delivered for the desirable effects. slow administration of large dose = unpleasant
fast adminsitration of low dose = OK
fast administration of reasonable dose= whats wanted

seems that the cigarette produces finely divided nicotine and vapour in the right size for rapid max absorbtion

Why not dissolve a nicotine 'Microtab' in water, filter off the insoluble binders, allow the water to evaporate and then vaporise the nicotine residue in the same way as you would do with MJ?

Electrolyte said:
Why not dissolve a nicotine 'Microtab' in water, filter off the insoluble binders, allow the water to evaporate and then vaporise the nicotine residue in the same way as you would do with MJ?

Because it would be a lot of work, and not worth it, as inhalators exists...
Each capsule you put in the inhalator contains 10mg Nicotine, that's much more than a regular cigarette...

Yes, but using the method I suggested would result in a greater rate of absorption and therefore would theoretically be more pleasurable. The nicotine from inhalators is in fact absorbed through the mucous membranes in the mouth rather than the lungs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only reason inhalators are used is because people become addicted to the act of smoking itself (like a needle fixation) and using an inhalator simulates the smoking of a cigarette.

Last edited:
40–60 mg can be a lethal dosage for adult human beings.
wikipedia
that's a pack of cigarettes. Be careful or just don't attempt it.

But what was said about nicotine absorbtion in cigarettes is true.. most major brands altered the pH to make it more basic and vaporize faster, giving cigarettes a fast rush.. It's safer in the moment and probably faster than injection. The corporations have you beat there already!

jasoncrest said:
The available Nicotine for people who want to stop comes as patches or tabs or gums. The gums varies from 1mg (sublingual tablet) to 21mg/24h (patch).
I will try to shoot 10 MICROgrams, then 20, then 50, etc....

I believe that everyone reserves the right to put whatever substance into their body using whatever method of administration they desire. My only concern about all this, is that if you're going to carry this experiment out on yourself, do so with utmost caution.

How do you plan on extracting the Nicotine from the gum and/or the skin patch?

Presuming you manage to obtain it and in a form suitable for diluting with sterile water/saline solution, how do you plan on dosing out a 10mcg or 20mcg shot?

I hope you have some experience in measuring out such tiny doses of chemicals, the difference between a 50mcg shot and a 5mg shot is death.

Presuming you manage to obtain it and in a form suitable for diluting with sterile water/saline solution, how do you plan on dosing out a 10mcg or 20mcg shot?

You can dissolve it in certain amount of water then measure.

How much did you pay for your nic inhaler?Over here they are steep if you can even find them. (the gum is everywhere thou and expensive as hell as well) Have you tried the gum? How would you compare it to the inhaler?

I don't know about the inhaler, but the gum gets two frowns down.