PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue)dolphin said:
This stuff is frickin fantastic.

Very smooth comeup.... the chemical seems to physically and mentally relax you before the trip really starts, and people have agrreed with me that this seems to cut back the anxiety that a mushroom trip would frequently have during the comeup.

Seems like a very pure psychedelic to me.... a very high signal to noise ratio here.

Put simply, I prefer it over DMT, shrooms, LSD, and everything else I've ever tried.

8mg gave me a mild +3 with a pretty quick peak.
12mg was only a little stronger wih a longer peak.

Snorted it appears you only need like 1/3 of the oral dose. Not 1/2. Less.

I have not felt the desire to take a larger dose than that, but other people have. Almost everyone agrees it is better than any shroom trip they ever had and a few of them had the best trips of their lives.

Unfortunately I know me saying this will probably encourage people to do stupid things with this chemical. Oh well. It is what it is.

I am impressed that 8mg was that strong.

Could you elaborate on 'why' or 'how' this was better than a mushroom experience?

Often,the pure chemical is better (says the chemist proudly to the natural-is-the-only-true-spiritual-experience camp =D )

I'm really excited now about this one. Mr. Dolphin seems to always have similar reactions to these chemicals as I do....a word of approval from him is always a good sign to me.

Next weekend I am going camping. Only two things worry me....will the snow hold off (yes, it snows this early in the mountains of Colorado), and how will I feel tripping on buprenorphine. It will be my first trip since getting off the pods. I guess all I can do is have an extra with me incase WD hits (psychedelics have made me go into WD before) and just hope for the best.

BreakingSet said:
I am impressed that 8mg was that strong.

Could you elaborate on 'why' or 'how' this was better than a mushroom experience?

No nausea.
Smoother comeup.
The chemical is more relaxing on the body and mind.
Visuals are slightly different than shrooms but only slightly.... I wouldn't call them better or worse but CERTAINLY better than any other "RC" I've tried. Only DOC is in the same ballpark as this one.

4-aco-MiPT is crap compared to this stuff.

Personally I only like to eat the BEST psychedelic I can when I choose to indulge these days, which is rarely. For me that means I will only be eating psilacetin these days, save the occasional LSD trip if the time and feel is right.

For me and the people I know who have eaten it, this is basically tripping on shrooms minus everything that sucks about shrooms.

peace

BlueDolphin, just to clarify, you've only taken in insufflated, right?

blue)dolphin said:
4-aco-MiPT is crap compared to this stuff.

peace

8o GASP!!!

I agree with MGS; when I read Erowid, I have a special list of authors that I will read first and assimilate more info from; and Mr BD is on that list.

So for you to say this is absolutely incredible.

I was curious, because someone has a growing collection of tryptamines that would not show themselves in a blind test (save for the beautiful HO/AcO DiPT).

Edit: good question Dondante. Was that 8mg insufflated?

Last edited:
Hmmm... my sample will soon be tested then. What's the general concensus as to a moderate-to-strong dose?

nope I have not just insuflated it.

On 4 occasions:

1st: 8mg oral
2nd: ~40mg smoked (waste, I didn't have it in freebase form)
3rd: 3mg sniffed + 3mg sniffed a 1/2 hour later
4th: 12mg oral

my next time will likely be 14mg in the food hole

... also, I have practically not been tripping at all in many months! But this stuff is soooo good :)

At 17mg orally, it was compared favourably by multiple persons as equivalent to an eighth (or slightly more) of dried cubensis. The effects on an empty stomach peaked within 45 minutes orally after a heavy and rapid onset around T+0:25, and lasted approx 4-5 hours at the peak, with a very long and gradual return to baseline within 10-12. More tests will follow.

Summary: This is indeed much like a pure shot of psilocin, however the visuals lack the depth that I suspect is added by the phosphate ester contained by natural cubensis. However they were much more natural, realistic, and interesting than any phenethylamine substance I have personally experienced (even 2C-B). The mental thought loops that are often found in mushrooms were prominent, and the internal dialogue (and paranoia) was quite evident. The back region of the head and upper neck was described as very stimulated by all involved, moreso than regular mushrooms, with some describing it as "quite uncomfortable".

That is my analysis after an initial group trial, though this may change. The next test will be insufflation, 8mg.

As my name states, I am here only for the discussion of this specific synthetic. Normally I lurk.

would you say that visually this (4-AcO-DMT) compares with DMT? OR, does it compare with DMT in any way(s)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am loath to compare any tryptamine to The Spirit Molecule, because none are it. The visuals of 4-ACO compare to 4-HO, and therefore they compare with mushrooms. If you think mushroom visuals compare to DMT visuals, then there you are. I do not, but again, see the first sentence.

Update on 4-ACO.

8mg railed on an empty stomach: This time I attempted a solo experience. There was very little burn, only a lingering dull dry pain deep in my sinuses, which were already infected. The trip peaked quickly (but not much faster than orally), with the first onset around T+15 and with a rapid peak. The decline started almost immediately, however, and I did not notice the oscillations between peak and valley that I normally get with cubensis.

Unfortunately, the entire trip was centered around my sinus problems, and I felt like the back of my head (on the right side) was close to blowing a blood vessel. That is exactly what it felt like: If I sneezed, my head would have exploded. This caused no small amount of paranoia, and ruined the entire trip. Even now, without the aid of any drug, I can feel the back of my head where the pain (more like pressure than pain) is located: It is slightly above my right ear and back a little, and if I place my fingers on the location I can feel my pulse.

I am in my 20s and in fairly good health. I do not use any drugs except psychedelics, and there is no history of problems in my family except high blood pressure. Tell me I'm being paranoid about nothing.

4-acetoxy-dmt mule said:
Update on 4-ACO.

8mg railed on an empty stomach: This time I attempted a solo experience. There was very little burn, only a lingering dull dry pain deep in my sinuses, which were already infected. The trip peaked quickly (but not much faster than orally), with the first onset around T+15 and with a rapid peak. The decline started almost immediately, however, and I did not notice the oscillations between peak and valley that I normally get with cubensis.

Unfortunately, the entire trip was centered around my sinus problems, and I felt like the back of my head (on the right side) was close to blowing a blood vessel. That is exactly what it felt like: If I sneezed, my head would have exploded. This caused no small amount of paranoia, and ruined the entire trip. Even now, without the aid of any drug, I can feel the back of my head where the pain (more like pressure than pain) is located: It is slightly above my right ear and back a little, and if I place my fingers on the location I can feel my pulse.

I am in my 20s and in fairly good health. I do not use any drugs except psychedelics, and there is no history of problems in my family except high blood pressure. Tell me I'm being paranoid about nothing.

It was probably 4-ACO making it feel that way, i know that last time i did mushrooms i thought i was gonna tare the tendons in my leg if i were to stretch them out, of course though this was just a physical hallucination, as i like to call it. The time before that trip i thought my throat was bleeding and the blood running down into my stomach, but it was too just another physical hallucination.

In my 34 mg experience (note that I had some tolerance), the visuals were great, but I agree, they were slightly less intense than I expected. They were no more intense than my 22 mg experience with 4-Aco-MIPT. My friend that took 30 mg with no tolerance reported the same. He found 30 mg of 2C-B to have stronger visuals. To clarify, by visuals I mean visual distortion and morphing, because the enhanced beauty of my surroundings was almost overwhelming.

I'm not one to judge a chemical by the intensity of the hallucinations. I prefer a chemical that takes you into the depths of your psyche, rather than one that just makes it fun to look at things. 2C-B falls in that category of extremely visual, but usually mentally disappointing for me. I suppose there are different circumstances that would change my preferences. Like if I had to be in public at an art galery, 2C-B might be perfect.

I really don’t see why all the fuss over whether or not this can be a ‘mushroom in a pill.’ I remember all of this when miprocin came out. The huss and fuss over it because it was so ‘mushroom-like.’ I found two faults with that….

#1) I am not too much of a mushroom fan so the fact that it resembled a mushroom trip was not a perk to me.

#2) Because I did find miprocin very mushroom-like (the two experiences were almost identical), I held it as a major fault against the substance. If I want a mushroom-like experience I will just eat mushrooms. They are easy as sin to grow. This is why I love iprocin so much…it is totally different than mushrooms.

I am very much looking forward to trying psilacetin. Hopefully this weekend. But what I am looking forward to most is the (slight) differences from the mushroom experience. There is a lot to the mushroom experience that I like, but there are some faults. This compound may (from what I read) correct some of those faults. Let’s hope so! But to sum up…mushrooms are so easy to grow…even just a few PF Tek styled jars will give you a boat-load of mushrooms. Enjoy psilacetin for what it is…do not look at this as mushrooms in a pill because it isn’t. If you want mushrooms in a pill...grow some, grind 'em up, put them in a capsule, and viola!

MGS speaks the truth (except for miprocin, which is just lovely)

The fact is, each of these chemicals is unique. I can see where you might feel the need to compare it to mushrooms but it isnt mushrooms. This is obvious by the reports of the people who already tried it.

Cant wait to give this one a test run.

Sounds just fascinating. I think I'll give it a run this weekend. What would you who have tried it so far recommend as a first dose to someone who woulod like a powerful but not totally ego-destroying experience?

I'vew seen three people compare 15mg to about 1/8th of cubensis. Maybe I have always had very potent mushrooms....but I have never needed more than 2 grams for full effects. I may start with 12mg myself! I have always been very sensitive to mushrooms, as well as other tryptamines, and never needed much.

I'd recommend 25-30 mg for you, Xorkoth. I'm basing that on the fact that you seem to often be disappointed with trypts, but your dosages seem to be on the lower end (I guess I'm just thinking of 4-ho-dipt). Have you tried 4-xx-mipt yet?

Although I had a fair amount of tolerance, and 34 mg left my ego mostly intact, my friends who took 30 and 25 mg with no tolerance both said their dosages were about perfect. The one who had taken 25 mg said it was comparable in intensity to 20 mg 4-aco-mipt. They both were totally coherent with a few funny exceptions. I found talking difficult with 22 mg 4-aco-mipt. I think <20 mg would be good for a walk in the park, but might disappoint you.

Last edited:
Interestingly, mushrooms are very, very strong for me. My most significant and ego-dissolving trip ever was on 1.75 grams of them. 3.5 grams is always too much. 2-2.5 is what I prefer.

On the other hand, synthetical tryptamines I've tried (5-meo-dipt, 4-aco-mipt, 4-ho-dipt, 5-meo-mipt) I seem to be rather resistant to. For example, 27mg of foxy was quite weak and pointless, even back when I had only tripped a few times ever. 12mg of 4-aco-MiPT was theashold.

In general, though, I have a pretty high resistance to phens, and to tripping in general lately. For example, I've taken LSD twice in the past month and both times doses that were guaranteed to me to be ego-threatening were barely above theshold.

Thanks for the tips, MGS and Dondante. I'll be thinking about it. Also, a general psychedelic break is probably in order sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.