View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plugged 10mg earlier. Saving the rest for my collection :)

Deffinatly felt somewhat stoned. I couldn't help but stare at my desk, it seemed to pop out at me with cool patterns. The like from outside kept getting dark and light from the clouds. That seemed pretty cool. I didn't really notice much on it though. I felt sedated with minor patterning, possibly placebo. I feel that this substance has MUCH potential to give someone a very hard trip. Too bad I don't have enough for another dose.

Next up 4-ho-mipt :) I also have 4-ho-det....

Just a quick question for those that went the nasal route, did it sting bad or had a terrible tasting drip after you did it?

^^
no, it doesn't sting and the drip is minimal and not too bad tasting really

that's with the fumerate salt

I concur. Of course, it doesn't taste like candy or anything... but far better than some other things I've put up there.

well today i did the rest, i think about like 13-15mg . it wasnt as crazy to me as even 2G of shrooms. i dont know. it was very slight. right now its about 5 hours since i blew it, and i feel really warm and great, like a shroom comedown. it was worth it for that. I guess with anything you have to go with the motions.

Hi guys, im wondering whats redosing like with this chem? Does it bring the experience up a few notches or is it mild and just prolongs the experience?

Im interested to find out from those whom have tried redosing, when is the best time to redose when you feel the trip isnt as intense as you would like it to be. Also, conservatively speaking, how much should one redose in terms of percentage to the original dose? (50%? 25%?)

BanE said:
Hi guys, im wondering whats redosing like with this chem? Does it bring the experience up a few notches or is it mild and just prolongs the experience?

Im interested to find out from those whom have tried redosing, when is the best time to redose when you feel the trip isnt as intense as you would like it to be. Also, conservatively speaking, how much should one redose in terms of percentage to the original dose? (50%? 25%?)

I think redosing with anything less than 50% will mainly prolong the experience. 50% might give you a boost, but 25% won't. It mainly depends on when you redose. If you redose during the peak, 50% might pull you up a little, but afterwards, I don't think it will do too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally used my one sample of 4-AcO-DMT the other night, at a little under 30mg, and it was astounding! The walls of my apartment looked like windows into other dimensions, where I saw an endless web of connected human-like figures with no faces, and my thoughts had taken on a vastly different path, where I felt as if I was constantly switching identities as I plunged down strange tunnels behind my eyes. It was quite indescribable. Also, color was dramatically enhanced and every object or surface I saw seemed to be giving off an inner glow.

The only thing is, after the first hour and a half, I laid down to listen to music and meditate, and before I knew it, I woke up with a start after the entire 80-minute CD was over, with absolutely no memory of that stretch of time at all. By that time, the experience had died down significantly, and I attempted to redose with my last 10-12mg, which didn't really do anything, unfortunately. I don't know if I somehow fell asleep, or if I (more likely) went so far out that I had a complete ego loss so that my human self had no memory of it.

It was remarkable in so many ways... one of the heaviest trips I've had in a long time. Of particular note was that unlike mushrooms (4-HO-DMT), I experienced not even the slightest hint of anxiety ot fear or negativity. It was really quite blissful, even in the midst of huge distortions and alien thoughts.

I look forward to trying it again. I'd like to write an actual trip report but I can't remember the peak, so I'm not sure if I will.

Xorkoth said:
I finally used my one sample of 4-AcO-DMT the other night, at a little under 30mg, and it was astounding! The walls of my apartment looked like windows into other dimensions, where I saw an endless web of connected human-like figures with no faces, and my thoughts had taken on a vastly different path, where I felt as if I was constantly switching identities as I plunged down strange tunnels behind my eyes. It was quite indescribable. Also, color was dramatically enhanced and every object or surface I saw seemed to be giving off an inner glow.

The only thing is, after the first hour and a half, I laid down to listen to music and meditate, and before I knew it, I woke up with a start after the entire 80-minute CD was over, with absolutely no memory of that stretch of time at all. By that time, the experience had died down significantly, and I attempted to redose with my last 10-12mg, which didn't really do anything, unfortunately. I don't know if I somehow fell asleep, or if I (more likely) went so far out that I had a complete ego loss so that my human self had no memory of it.

It was remarkable in so many ways... one of the heaviest trips I've had in a long time. Of particular note was that unlike mushrooms (4-HO-DMT), I experienced not even the slightest hint of anxiety ot fear or negativity. It was really quite blissful, even in the midst of huge distortions and alien thoughts.

I look forward to trying it again. I'd like to write an actual trip report but I can't remember the peak, so I'm not sure if I will.

This is a great report, Xorkoth. I'm glad you had such a great experience.

You made no mention of positives mushrooms have over 4-aco-dmt...Does 4-aco-dmt replace mushrooms for you? Just curious...I'm sure lots of people will respond by saying nothing replaces mushrooms, different chemicals, etc (but they seem to me to be so closely related that they could fit the same "niche" in one's psychedelic arsenal, as it were, which might therefore lead to a favoring and disfavoring of one over another).

Peace.

Psilacetin is very similar to mushrooms. In fact, if it were not for the long come up, longer peak, and longer comedown and afterglow (my favorite part of a mushroom or psilacetin trip), they would be indistinguishable IMO.

Psilacetin has two differences for me...

1. Its more sedating.... it relaxes you physically and makes it easy to trance out (like Fizzacyst stated in his strong example of such a thing happening.... even on lower doses this can happen though, it can be quite pleasant)

2. Visuals are different. Just as good, but you will almost certainly see some things you've never quite seen before! Like Fizzacyst said I've also noticed the "glowing" surface effect, very cool looking. Very sharp and realistic.

Yeah, I agree here. It is more relaxed than mushrooms. Even when I was having really intense visions there was a certain calm/relaxed/drifting feel to it.

The visual effects were also different. This one I'm not sure how to explain. they still had an "organic" feel. I'd say mushrooms have "organic" visuals, and lsd more of "synthetic feel". I don't mean in the natural/man made drug sense... just something about the mushroom visuals feels more earthen to me. Smooth, flowing, soft, blending, earth-tone colors, not sharp, contrasting, vibrant electric colors.

The 4-AcO-DMT seemed somewhere between the two, but much further on the mushroom side... but more focused, more geometric, but without being harsh.

I also go into trances on mushrooms, but I need to take a lot, and they normally do not take me as deep as my last experience. For periods of time ( I don't know how long, really), I was unaware of my surroundings and consumed by the images in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also find 4-AcO-DMT and mushrooms to be different enough to warrant separate usage. I find mushrooms to be very emotionally intense and "jarring", whereas 4-AcO-DMT was extraordinarily smooth and calm, physically and emotionally. The headspace is similar but mushrooms are definitely more forceful in content. Both come up extremely fast and are very mentally "far-out". They both have that creepy, twisted, sometimes dark feel to them, but 4-AcO-DMT sheltered me from the darkness of the space.

In my (limited) opinion, mushrooms are more profound, or at least more easily profound, but 4-AcO-DMT has the distinct advantage of being much easier and friendlier. Also, the headspace is different enough that it warrants separate usage aside from mushrooms. I found 4-AcO-DMT to be more similar to DMT than mushrooms, including the almost joyful overrriding emotion than comes with DMT.

Of course, this is all based off of a single, albiet very intense, experience with 4-AcO-DMT, and a last mushroom trip over 2 years ago.

I was able to try this compound today for the first time, my only prior psychedelic experience being mushrooms, (and salvia and DXM if you count those). My dose was only 15mgs +/- 2mg, weighed out on a friends digi. I found the dose too low for me, but definitely potential to be interesting at higher doses. closed eyes visuals were decent, open eyed were fairly good when I wanted to focus on them, otherwise they were very passive, corner of the eye type of distortions. the head high was much more sedating than what I remember of mushrooms, yet theere were definitely similarities. if I had to compare dose to shrooms I'd say my 15mgs was approximately equal to 1.5g's of shrooms or so. Taking a walk in a clearing in the woods was very nice, and sitting on a bench in a gazeebo type of place produced some very pleasing fractal visions, along with a sense of layers in everything around me, almost like it was all on different canvas moving independently around me. It was definitely an interesting experience, something I wouldn't mind experimenting more with in the future.

I'm still processing an experience with 4-aco-DMT (15mg) a few days ago. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The trip left a LOT unresolved. It is a very gentle chemical, the come up was not threatening at all (like someone said earlier, it almost seems to relax you as you are coming up). Things became intense after about 1 hour. At this point of the trip I spent about an hour curled up into a fetal position with my eyes closed completely zonked out (ego-wise).

It was an amazing experience to stand up out of this position and spread my limbs wide and breathe deeply. Unreal.

The visuals (CEVs) were not nearly as rich as mushrooms but the OEVs were amazingly intense. Never that intense as on mushrooms. Perhaps the CEVs become much more intricate when taken higher doses. There was a visual anomaly present with 4-aco-DMT that is worth mentioning: I would close my eyes and see a visual of almost exact replication of the outside world for a few moments. This would rapidly lose color and turn into just the basic structure of what I was last looking at (a window and clouds). Also if I waved my hands in front of my closed eyes I could produce visuals of my hands. Never this defined/pronounced as with mushrooms (things are usually more chaotic visually).

Overall, a much more crisper chemical than mushrooms. I am very curious to see what taking it up higher is like (although 15mg was plenty to get a +++). The only negative I have is that I would prefer it be shorter (perhaps a different administration technique?), but this is a personal preference (I gather many people like the duration).

Has anyone experience with plugging (rectal) 4-aco-DMT? I am wondering what 11mg plugged will feel like in comparison to oral (I am seeking an intensity of 20-25mg oral, but hopefully of shorter duration).

Also looking for feedback on intramuscular administration.

I really think this could be my favorite psychedelic if I could shave a couple hours off of the duration. The five hours of tripping is a little too much for my personal comfort zone (I assume the duration is going to be extended even longer when a higher dose is taken).

samadhi_smiles said:
Has anyone experience with plugging (rectal) 4-aco-DMT? I am wondering what 11mg plugged will feel like in comparison to oral (I am seeking an intensity of 20-25mg oral, but hopefully of shorter duration).

Juicy Jay had previously in this thread, with 15mg iirc. He said he got a light buzz. If you're looking for that intensity go for 16-18mg and use a liquid solution if possible (5% ethanol or diluted polyethylene glycol if water doesn't work well), but gelcaps work just fine too. Expect an amazing rocket ride for about an hour and a half, which quickly tapers down after that. Plugging Ts is great.

That is very strange that 15mg gave JuicyJay a 'light buzz.' 15mg gave me a full +++ that had the potential to be very profound in regards to insight, life changes, etc (the time just wasn't right this time, though).

In general, in addition to potentiating the intensity, does plugging T's shorten the overall trip (like IV/IM/insufflation) or just cut time off of the come up?

Doses can be different for different people. Many people need 3.5g for a full on trip with mushrooms, whereas 1.5-2 is more than enough for me.

Plugging 4-xxx-Ts will result in a shorter duration, about 1-2 hours depending on your body.

I would say interesting, though not fantastical, visuals. Very DMT like in effect on color enhancement and body high. Not as deep and thoughtful as some other psychedelics have been. More careless jousting with possibilites than anything seriously deep or psychedelic. Still a great compound though, up there with 4-Ho-MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT, though I must say the latter I mentioned has been the best for me so far.

That is, of course, supposing I take psychedelic drugs, which I obviously dont, because it's illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.