Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xorkoth said:
Interestingly, mushrooms are very, very strong for me. My most significant and ego-dissolving trip ever was on 1.75 grams of them. 3.5 grams is always too much. 2-2.5 is what I prefer.

17mg

don't think twice ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
loved mushrooms , without the nausea seems like a good thing to me :) :) how long does the trip last, any shorter or longer than shrooms themselves?

Well, I tried this yesterday. 8mg insufflated (quite comfortable), with a 6mg booster soon after that. It is similar to the mushroom effect, but distincly different. I'm afraid I can't go into any more detail on that with out taking some mushrooms for comparison, and I don't really feel like taking any.

A friend took 18mg, and his response was basically, "meh. cheaper to grow mushrooms".

I'm not going to give up yet, but I don't have very high hopes for this. I will admit I could have been in a better environment.

fizzacyst said:
It is similar to the mushroom effect, but distincly different.

Not to pick on you, but that is about as meaningless of a statement as they come. :) Similar, but distinctly different? ;)

I'm afraid I can't go into any more detail on that with out taking some mushrooms for comparison, and I don't really feel like taking any.

A friend took 18mg, and his response was basically, "meh. cheaper to grow mushrooms".

I'm not going to give up yet, but I don't have very high hopes for this. I will admit I could have been in a better environment.

I'm sure you can come up with more details to add. BTW, you may try taking it orally....I'm willing to bet it will provide you with much better effects. While the simple N,N-dialkyltryptamines sometimes work best with rapid administration, things like psilacetin seem better when taken by mouth.

Sorry man. I am/was kind of tired... not sure how to express myself at the time. A truck is similar to a car, but distictly different. Tan is similar to brown, but distictly different.

What I meant was that, compared it to the large assortment of psychedelic drugs I've taken over the years, it is by far more similar to the effect I'd get from mushrooms. In fact, if I said "hey man, here's some mushroom extract in a capsule", gave it to someone, I don't think they'd question it if they weren't very experienced.

It was very, very similar overall, with a few distinct differences that were readily apparent to me. The visual effect is what I'd get from mushrooms. The nausea is what I'd get from mushrooms (I had eaten a sandwich 3.5-4 hours prior, but it was light small). I did come close to vomiting. Someone was cooking some kind of barbeque (or something) a couple houses down, burned it badly, and the smell was getting to me. I'm certain that didn't help.

That same dreamy feeling from mushrooms is present. Do you know what I mean? With LSD and a lot of tryptamines I feel sharper and more focused on things, sometimes against my will, to the point of overanalyzing everything While on mushrooms my thought come and go, drifting about. This material was much more like that. I would have been content to go sit on a patch of grass and watch birds, clouds, and roll around. Calm, almost sedated after the initial come-up, which I found unpleasant.

The visual disturbances were very organic - and that is really the only way I can describe them. If you have eaten mushrooms this should make sense. Rounded, smooth, earthen. Soft.

Have you taken psilacetin nasally and orally or at all? Have you taken similar substituted drugs by both routes so that you can make a first hand comparison, or are you just guessing here based on what you've read and discussed? (not being a dick, curious). I've taken 4-aco-dipt, 5-meo-dipt, and mushroom extract mix nasally with pretty good results.

What WAS fucked up, is that even after snorting the stuff I didn't notice too much until about 40 min or so. I'll also say that out of everything I've snorted, this was one of the most tolerable. No burn. It did have that wierd taste, but even that wasn't all that bad. I could have held it under my toungue if I wanted.

The main reason for insufflation was to try and get shorter experience, test the waters out. My opportunities for major trips in the beautiful hills are limited these days, and I'll have an opportunity to do so with friends within a month. I wanted to see if this drug was worthy of that (I can't waste these experiences with inferior drugs), and I also will probably give doses away to any of this group who wants it, and need to be able to give them first hand info.

Does that help?
If you have a specific question, I can try to go into more detail.

Last edited:
Insufflation is an inferior method of adminstering this drug to yourself. My insufflated experiments were in no way memorable. Eating it provided some of the best trips of my life.

All this talk about which way gives you the best "rush" is stupid. Why don't you just smoke some crack?

And I think the sedation is one of the high points of this! Very relaxing... not pushy at all.

I agree that it was sedating... an interesting quality if its not just you and I.

32mg MDA crystals snorted right after eating 6mg psilacetin was a mild, but wonderful ++ experience. Actually close to a light +++ when both chemicals seemed to have synergised the strongest, maybe 2 hours after doing both. Visuals were mild, but absolutely of the highest quality.

Very, very positive. Very peaceful feeling. Smooth in all aspects. Lots of heady ganja was smoked throughout.

In fact it was the best "hippie-flip-ish" combo I've ever had. Before I've mixed MDMA(molly) and rolls with shrooms but never found such good synergy, one always overpowered the other. This was a perfect mix for an evening outside and then went inside to watch What The Bleep Do We Know?? afterwards.

BD, if I may... how does Psilocetyl* compare to DOC? Was that not better than LSD/shrooms/DMT? ;) (Yes I'm being sarcastic, no I am not trying to offend you in any way).

*Regarding my calling it "Psilocetyl": I choose to follow Erowid's and Shulgin's Iprocin - Iprocetyl nomenclature rather than a certain individual's own system, both because the former has been around for longer and I got used to it (so to me, it is Iprocetyl, Ethycetyl, Miprocety, and (hopefully ;)) Procetyl (4-AcO-DPT) too. Theoretically, it can go on to Butycetyl (4-AcO-DBT) Metethycetyl (4-AcO-MET), Ethiprocetyl (4-AcO-EIPT), and so on...), and also because, with all due respect to abovementioned individual, I do not feel like belonging to a celebrity cult ;). I guess it is a matter of personal choice until some kind of patent is released... but I fail to understand why the new system gained more popularity even though both of them are equally intuitive, expandable, and pronounceable, beyond that it was created by a popular person.

Btw, I also like the names "O-Methylbufotenin" or "OMB" (especially the latter... it is almost an onomatopoeia!) mentioned in TiHKAL and other technical literature instead of the boring "5-MeO-DMT". I wonder why no one uses those... maybe it is the innate dread of Bufotenin that exists in many people...[/end of bitching]

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that 5 meo dmt, 5 ho dmt, and nn DMT are all smokable would this mean that 4 aco DMT is also?

lots of tryptamines have such a low burning point that smoking them brings with it a risk of them being destroyed as the heat gets too high (charring) and the user therefore not getting a high off smoking it, at least if put on foil or in a pipe. Case in point: 5-MeO-DALT, 4-AcO-Dipt, 4-HO-Mipt... Maybe the bullet/bulb method would work?

Delsyd said:
Considering that 5 meo dmt, 5 ho dmt, and nn DMT are all smokable would this mean that 4 aco DMT is also?

Perhaps, but do remember that 4-Ho-DMT and 4-PhO-DMT are almost never smoked ;).

7mg was insufflated... after about 40 minutes I was at a ++ (trip was still building to peak however) so I snarfed 7mg more.

This should be equal to about 22mg+ oral dose intensity... although I think it wasn't quite that strong.

However... what a unique trip! I don't know if the insufflation or the -aco group makes more of a difference, but this was my least "shroom-like" experience with it yet. It was almost more like... well, shit, nothing I've ever tried.

But fantastic! Really everything around me looked and felt very magical. Magical is the word that came to mind many times during the experience.

Insufflation does give a little rush but nothing to cream your panties over. You feel the initial effects sooner and the build-up is a bit quicker, but really compared to 2C-B or something, if you snort that you're fully tripping in like 15 minutes. Not the case with this one, it's not much of a short cut.

It was still very smooth on my body but it was definitely even more smooth orally. Therefore I will probably stick to oral doses from now on. Duration was possibly only a little shorter sniffed.

I bet this one would be great plugged, from my experience with other Ts.

I took an oral dose of 24mg a few days ago. I have to say, it was nothing like mushrooms to me this time, and was really quite a bit different from my first experience insufflating 8mg. This dose was on par with something like 5g of mushrooms in intensity.. maybe a little more. I know it was wieghed correctly. I may be sensitive to the stuff. I don't know.

Nothing much happened for around and hour and a half. I'm not sure of the time, as I didn't have a watch and was asking others periodically what time it was.

About 30 minutes after taking it (this amount of time I'm sure of), I went to sit around a big fire. Its possible I felt an inkling of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I was expecting mushroom-like visual effects to manifest at some point soon, and they are always very dramatic looking at fire and wood (all the flowing and such). The overall good vibe and others tripping around me made me feel a little off anyhow, so I tried to just forget trying to pick out the effects and let it do its thing.

Someone asks if I knew where a friend was, as he was apparently the only one around with a pipe. He decides to go wake him to smoke a bowl.

We smoke it between a few people. One of them was wasted on jack daniels, wearing an emergency blanket under his jacket. It was sticking out, and crinkled every time he moved. He was rambling, saying all this stuff that was borderline nonsense at times, and I found it hilarious. We're all having a good laugh. I definitely feel on tilt, and not just from the pot. this is somewhere in the 45min-1hour area.

Then I go back to the fire and space out. I think most of the music was being played in 1-hour sets, and this is how i judged the time from then on. In somehting like 30 minutes, I was smacked over the head by the drug. It just came out of nowhere.

I felt fairly normal one minute, then almost immediately felt like I was going to float off the log I was sitting on. The fire seemed to bow in, and get smaller. Things pinched and flexed, but there wasn't the smooth organic feel I was expecting. My head felt heavy, and then light. heavy. light.

I felt it best to go lie down. Then off I went into a deep trance, propelled into all sorts of visions. Much of this was the "brain movie" sort of thing, revolving around events that would take place in the future. Then I'd snap out of that and see intense swirling, pulsating, zooming, shifting geometric patterns (eyes closed). Sometimes I'd zoom down into the patterns so fast that I felt it ripple through my body - hard - to the point that it felt I was rippling so much that I was coming off the ground. Sometimes when I'd fly down into them, it felt disgusting, disturbing. Then I'd see some sort of nightmarish vision. then things would mellow out, and get more cheery. It cycled like this.

Jesus Christ it was intense. I eventually managed to get up and go walk around. The light/heavy head thing made it too hard to really get around, and i was soaking my feet in the wet grass (pretty cold outside). So I retreated back to my tent until I was coherent (laid back down, more visions) enough to go sit around the fire and warm up.

Really wierd stuff. I'm not sure I'll mess with it anymore though. At least, not for some time.

BreakingSet said:
^Do you take any perscriptions or anything that could have inhibited MAO?

No. I do take piracetam almost every day, this one being no exception. It seems to make some things a little stronger, but never by that much.

Piracetam sometimes makes me go a bit overboard when I trip . . . or when I drink alcohol . . .

Piracetam a few hours before 2C-E made such a difference in intensity that I've decided to never take piracetam before psychedelics again. I take it every morning, and if I trip in the night or evening it's no problem. But the piracetam/2C-E combo I took was my infamous 2C-E +4, which are utterly terrifying.

As I said, I don't mix piracetam with psychedelics anymore except for MDMA/methylone, as it seems to radically alter the intensity and quality of effects. True, I may have had one of my most profound trips that way, but it was also the closest I've ever come to completely flipping out.

Out of curiosity, how long did you take the piracetam before the 4-AcO-DMT?

Xorkoth said:
Out of curiosity, how long did you take the piracetam before the 4-AcO-DMT?

About 16 hours prior, a single 800mg dose. I normally take 800mg twice, once when I get up, and another later in the day... noon/afternoon.

What is really wierd, is that I have taken it a few hours before as well as at the same time as other psychedelics and never got knocked on my ass. I notice an increase in potency, maybe a slight alteration of the experience that I cannot quite put my finger on, but its never an intense increase in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.