Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
squerll said:
... the first thing out side I noticed was the audio awareness I could hear all the grasshoppers and insects communicating and all the birds in the sky communicating.

I love that feeling ... why is it that we don't notice these things when we're sober? The sounds of nature (birds, crickets, frogs, etc.) give me a deep feeling of connectedness when I'm tripping ... and it is goddamn beautiful!

So can anyone explain to me the benefits of snorting 4-aco-dmt as opposed to taking it orally. Like dosage difference, length of experience, difference in effects, time to peak and take effect, etc. Thanks.....

A few people have recommended 1/3rd the oral dosage for similar intensity. Its of course shorter duration since its a higher peak plasma concentration initially.

Some people have reported very rough/anxious trips with insufflating 4-aco-tryptamines.

MagickalKat777 said:
Well considering that the body more than likely converts a good bit of it to psilocin, its not really that surprising that the experience is that of a "true" psychedelic...

Actually, that's just speculation. It may be true, but it's not a fact.

Not to derail, but if you want a super synergistic combo, AMT and 4-aco-dmt are the bee's knees kids- truly beautiful. Just don't go too high on the dose and you're in for a beautiful day (or night).

Xorkoth said:
Actually, that's just speculation. It may be true, but it's not a fact.

And that's why I said more than likely.

I read a bunch of information back in the day about the hypothesis behind it and it seems plausible, especially for this compound.

As for the AMT+4-AcO-DMT combo, dbailey11, I'll definitely be doing this one. :D

I concur about AMT and 4-AcO-DMT... in fact, I had my most recent +4 on it. I also had a lower dose combination yesterday and spent the day out in nature. Beautiful... that combination creates such a perfect body buzz/high, great mood, bright colors, and a sense of wonder. And it makes my eyes roll around a bit like strong opiates, but without any of an opiate's character. More like the MDMA eye wiggles.

How do you guys fit all this tripping in with work, social engagements, etc? I work a 40 hour week and just can't comprehend how some of you manage all of this tripping. Maybe I am just getting old.

I don't know... it doesn't really disrupt anything on the weekends. And I had yesterday off for Memorial Day. Even when I would trip during the week, I almost found it easier to get through the week because there was a renewal of the post-trip stress reduction and living in the moment feel every few days. At some point tripping stopped being stressful. I actually work 45 hours a week. But it probably helps me that work isn't at all stressful for me. I enjoy it and everyone is as nice as can be.

coming up soon i will be trying a 10ish milligram dose up the nose,followed by either one fat line of k,or several small bumps(depending on how effed i feel liek getting)

morninggloryseed said:
How do you guys fit all this tripping in with work, social engagements, etc? I work a 40 hour week and just can't comprehend how some of you manage all of this tripping. Maybe I am just getting old.
I don't work or have many friends in the town I live in! It helps!

But, I haven't tripped in 10 days (5 days if you count DMT as tripping). The shock of it all! 8o

I got the chance to do some 4-aco-dmt the other day for the second time and thought I would see how some n,nDMT would mix with it. I was just over the peak of 18mgs of 4-aco-dmt and I loaded up 15mgs of DMT (I have had bad experience with DMT and phens so I wanted to start small) I took it all in a nice hit held it in and waited. The DMT came on like a familiar cloud with familiar patterns it was nice like seeing an old friend. It took me to a nice place Warm nice and familiar, it seemed to over cloud the 4-aco-dmt and turn it to a DMT experience but from a different view point. The DMT seemed deeper then the 4aco-dmt but it might be because I have done DMT much more and gone much deeper with it then I have with 4-aco-dmt. Next time I am going to try a break thought dose of DMT with it but this time I felt content with plenty of experience to reflect on. Seems like a very nice comb!

samadhi_smiles said:
I don't work or have many friends in the town I live in! It helps!

But, I haven't tripped in 10 days (5 days if you count DMT as tripping). The shock of it all! 8o

I'll be your friend.

Honestly, this stuff feels nothing like mushrooms. It is so much more mild than the mushroom experience. Dosage is also much higher than psilocin.

Backin1999 said:
Honestly, this stuff feels nothing like mushrooms. It is so much more mild than the mushroom experience. Dosage is also much higher than psilocin.

I'll have to disagree here. Everything I've read has said that psilocetin is slightly more potent than psilocin. I will agree that it does seem less confusing than mushrooms- but again that is largely dose-dependant I think. It can get WAY, WAY trippier if you want to be a hero (or moron, your choice).=D

Well keep in mind that mushrooms don't consist of a single chemical either... some of them even have baeocystin in them...

Yeah and if I'm not mistaken, the bulk of the active contents for p.cubensis is mostly psilocyben (4-PO-DMT), with trace amounts of psilocin and (nor)baeocystin.

IME, 4-Aco-DMT is WORLDS away from mushrooms. Similar? I guess. But really nothing like it. Mushrooms are just so confusing and weird.. 4-Aco-DMT seems so clear cut and direct with it message, where mushrooms seem to conceal it behind the breathing 'face' of reality.

Its never safe to assume that taking high doses of a relatively unknown compound is not going to be toxic just basing it off the main substance it is an analog of.

Taking 50mg of 4-AcO-MiPT was one of the nastiest drug experiences I've ever had and I think I actually went into convulsions at one point during the trip. I can't really remember because it was so long ago but I do remember going in and out of consciousness numerous times and that every time I would open my eyes, I could see nothing but hallucinations. Intensely terrifying hallucinations of things like blood dripping off my ceiling and the like... I really don't recommend taking high dosages unless you slowly ramp yourself up to it.

I was accustomed to taking 40mg of 4-AcO-MiPT and decided to push the dose... I never touched 4-AcO-MiPT again after that.

dbailey11 said:
I'll have to disagree here. Everything I've read has said that psilocetin is slightly more potent than psilocin. I will agree that it does seem less confusing than mushrooms- but again that is largely dose-dependant I think. It can get WAY, WAY trippier if you want to be a hero (or moron, your choice).=D

I've taken a pretty heroic dose of 4-aco-DMT and it really didnt 'get' to me that much, very easy on my head, unlike a much smaller dose of psilocin

O.K. I've just recently starting contributing to bluelight, though I've been a long time reader. I am 29 years old and VERY experienced with psychedelics, everything from 1/2 ounce shrooms, 35 hits liquid lsd, various research chemicals, dmt, etc... The point I want to make here is I have been experimenting with 4-aco-dmt for a couple months from doses between 10-25mg. these doses were what was to be expected from reading other posts.
The other night my Brother and I decided to take 28mg, within a half hour my brother was on the verge of an out-of-body experience. He said he was flying through the clouds with spirits of the virgin Mary, he was also experiencing synchronicity. Where everything seems perfect and like everything is occurring for a reason and always has and there is no past present or future. Anyway I was jealous because I had taken mine on a full stomach and it had been an hour and I still was barely getting visuals and a light body buzz, while my brother was in Heaven. So I took about 7mg more, then 10 minutes later everything hit me at once. First it was really cool, everything looked like geometric spider webs of different colors twisting like fractals and spinning through the air changing colors. Then I noticed that tears were pouring out of my eyes, this was happening to my brother also, we were not crying this is a side effect of 4-aco-dmt. It tends to make your eyes water. Then my limbs started to go numb in painful ways, this was NOT in my head and has been mentioned by others before. It felt the way your hands feel after you have been pushing a lawn mower for too long and the vibrations cause your hands to become numb and itch. This is what my limbs were feeling like, and I kind of would like to know what causes that at high doses. anyway about an hour and a half into the trip, I was so messed up that I was afraid that I would die. Now I do realize this was only a bad trip and I wasn't actually going to die, but the painful numbness of my limbs and my eyes watering was real. It got to the point that I was forgetting to breath, so I would have to concentrate on breathing. Then I was right on the verge of blacking out so I chewed up 4 mg of Klonopin. I was basically in hell for the next 20min until the klonopin kicked in. If I wasn't so experienced with psychedelics I would of called the ambulance. I actually believed I was going to die, but I decided that If I was going to die I would rather die in my own bed instead of the hospital. So I chewed the Klonopin and prayed that it would save me. Which of course it did and within a half hour I was calming down. 10 minutes later I was enjoying my trip again and regretting taking so much klonopin. The point of this post is that with out some kind of tolerance taking more than 30mg at one time could lead to a very, very, uncomfortable experience. I believe If I would of stuck with the 28mg that me and my brother took originally I would of had a blissful experience also. But the difference between 28mg and 35mg was MAJOR, at least for me. Please be careful and work your way up to the larger doses. Once you get above 25mg I would suggest only increasing each dose by 2 or 3 mg at a time. Please be careful! I would also like to state for the record that 4-aco-dmt is probably my favorite psychedelic, so I am not trying to make it look bad. And if anyone knows about these side effects(tears, and painful numbness) please let me know.

-Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.