View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me and the people I know who have eaten it, this is basically tripping on shrooms minus everything that sucks about shrooms.
Completely agreed. But psilacetin seems not to penetrate the ego too much like psilocybin or 4-HO-MIPT, it like more slowly toys with your ego, so it's not instant and frightening. But i do like the destruction of my ego every now and again...

An oral 25mg dose of 4-ACO-DMT for me was a good medium +++ (I believe I had no tolerance at this point) that lasted around 6 hours. It was a lot of fun. A lot more "fun" and euphoria comes with this drug than with 4-HO-DMT.

I had the white batch of the fumarate. It looked like white powder, like 2c-i or something.

In that case, I would ask your parents what they are most comfortable with since it is their house. ANything else would be very rude.

So are you saying I need to somehow make my RC's colder than they are currently in my mini-fridge (possibly by transferring to another fridge)? And that it's absolutely necessary to do this for 3-4 month storage?

some dude I know has a batch going on like 6 months room temp in a ziplock, hasn't degraded at all.

Fumerate

I just read a report of a 4-AcO-DMT experience that required hospitalization. It was only from 16mg! If the original poster has no objections I will copy the report here. The reaction could have possibly been caused by an interaction with zoloft, although the details are still pretty vague at the moment.

if any other drugs were present in the person's system, then 4-aco-dmtcannot be blamed in and of itself. from my experience, zoloft causes interactions with all sorts of illicit/recreational substances.

psilocybonaut said:
So are you saying I need to somehow make my RC's colder than they are currently in my mini-fridge (possibly by transferring to another fridge)? And that it's absolutely necessary to do this for 3-4 month storage?

That is unnecessary in my opinion. Yes, a fridge helps, but it isn't necessary.

As you probably know, LSD is the most fagile of all psychedelics. Once in the past I have stored what was left of a ten-strtip in a book (it makes a good bookmark ;)). The shelf the book was on was in a dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.

A lot happened, and I forgot where I left these particular blotters (I didn't need to reference that particular book for some reason).

1 and a half years later, I was flipping through that book, and got a pleasant surprise ;). They were duly consumed by several primates. Their potency did not change at all (I am saying a unanimous agreement amongst myself and friends that 2 squares are enough for ego-loss/total flooring).

Point is, I didn't keep it in a fridge. Sure, I live in a cold country (it is currently around -20 degrees outside), but I think a fridge is only necessary if you live in a really hot place. It would do more good than damage, yes, but it isn't necessary - I think your fridge is more than fine.

Eleven, more information should be posted about this bad reaction. I have friends who take zoloft and are experimenting with similar compounds. Could you ask the person to post more?

And is the same poster from the source forum?

Also, it should be determined whether the person really was in a life-threatening situation or if they were just so terrified by ego loss that they went to the hospital, as has happened on probably countless occasions. Without reading the report I have no idea, nor maybe would it be possible to know from reading it. But it should be considered.

Here is the report from the experience, in the interest of harm reduction, it should be known.

Also interesting about Church, his 4-AcO-DMT trip facilitated an experience' that made him step down as moderator and stop doing psychedelics altogether (see sticky). Powerful stuff this 4-AcO-DMT.

Saturday night I went to the emergency room as I was feeling tingling in all my nerve endings and twitching in all the muscles in my body. I had ingested around 16mg 4-AcO-DMT 4 hours earlier and didn't feel anything wrong with me, and I barely tripped as I had tripped the night before.
To make a long story short, I came close to dying and had a NDE in the hospital. It is not my intention to get any research chemicals scheduled or get anyone in trouble. I haven't given up any names of indivuals or suppliers nor do I intend to.

There are many possible reasons why this could have happened, and it may have nothing to do with this drug. It may be due to mental/physical overexertion from having tripped three nights in a row. It may be due to a vitamin deficiency, an underlying medical condition, an interaction with Zoloft, possible withdrawls from Ativan (which I take 0.5mg of on a daily basis though I have never had withdrawls before). I may have also accidently got trace amounts of 2c-e in my system as I didn't clean off my scale very well.

I just want to caution people that there could be something wrong with this substance/a possible tainted batch going around. It's still too early to determine the cause of this and I'm doing everything I can to narrow the possibilites down. I will keep people updated as I find out more and if there's anything people need to know. I just want to make sure after this that people take some caution.

I also want to note that I had taken this substance the day before and had not had any of these effects at all. A friend of mine had also taken some that same night and reported no ill effects so it is quite possible that it had nothing to do with it. Better safe than sorry though.

--

I would also like to write up what I experienced that night/what my friend experienced too. I'm hoping by writing everything up maybe someone sees something that I overlooked as a possibility. I also feel it's important to write things up and get it out of my system to avoid ending up with PTSD. Since I wrote this up I felt I might as well share it with everyone. I ended up having to stop writing this every now and then as recalling the experience is a little upsetting and I broke down and cried several times while writing this.

On with the exprience:
----------

After my experience the previous night with this drug I really wanted my best friend (who we'll call Z) to try it too and see what he thought of it. He's a fan of shrooms, though it's the only psychedelic he's tried. I figured the dose I took the night before was only equivalent to maybe an eigth of shrooms, and he tends to react the same way I do to them.
I wasn't that interested in taking it a second night in a row; especially since it was my third trip in three days. I took some anyway though to make Z a little more comfortable with taking it. We took our capsules (filled with 15mg each) at about 9pm.

T+30 minutes: I wasn't feeling anything yet, though I wasn't too concerned since last time it took around 45 minutes before the first effects were felt. I also assumed my tolerance was probably high so if I didn't trip I wasn't too worried about it. At this point Z was saying that he was tripping quite heavily. He said it was similar to his first and most profound experience on shrooms. He looked pretty spaced out and was having fun watching the ceiling breathe. He also mentioned that he was seeing 3-d patterns coming out of everything he was looking at. I was very surprised he was tripping so heavily at this dose, as well as so quickly.

T+1 hour: Z is tripping VERY heavily. He is having trouble communicating at this point and mentions that he keeps forgetting what room he is in. He also mentions "teleportation"; he looks at another room and then all of a sudden he's in there. I've heard of similar experiences on mushrooms so I assume that he's blacking out as he goes into different rooms. He seems to be handling it like a champ though. I'm not really feeling anything other than a slight body high and very mild color enhancement. I'm amazed at Z's trip and kind of jealous. I weigh out 2mg on the scale and snort it.

T+2 hours: Still not really anything. I feel close to sober and have some mildly trippy thoughts. I'm quite confident at this point that I'm not going to end up tripping. Z is still tripping balls and looks like he's having a blast. I tell him I'm feeling pretty sober and offer to give him a drive around some back roads so that he can enjoy the rapid changing in scenery. He eagerly accepts after I convince him that I'm pretty much sober.

Z has a blast as I'm driving him around. We travel up-hill the whole time but Z believes we're going on a flat road. He's not sure where we are even though he lives on that street. At this point he stops communicating. I'm a little concerned since he's never tripped this hard before and take his lack of communication as a bad sign. I tell him I'm going to turn around and take him back home.
On the way back he has a very worried look on his face and tells me that he has a very bad feeling. I reassure him that everything's just fine, that he just took a drug and he'll be fine soon. Once we return home he seems to be in a much better headspace and calms down as I put a movie on.

T+4 hours: Z's trip is pretty much over at this point and he begins describing everything that he was going through. It sounds like he had a very intense experience. He mentions that while looking at a light he was able to drift off into it and experience every atom within it. He also mentions that at one point during the car ride he felt as though he was on fire although he didn't see any flames. I still feel the same as I was before and realize I'm not going to feel anything else at this point. He's really excited and calls one of his other friend's up to describe his experience. I'm glad he had a good time and give him a little for the road.

He's about to head out as I begin to feel a tingling sensation in my nerve endings, as well as pressure behind my eyes and soreness in my neck. "I'm not so sure about this shit Zac, I'm starting to really feel like shit..." he kind of ignores me and tells me he doesn't feel anything abnormal. He asks if I'm alright and I tell him I'll probably be fine and I let him go home.

After he leaves I decide to get in the shower to see if that makes me feel any better. The tingling starts to get a lot worse while I'm in there and I'm starting to hallcuinate somewhat heavily. I'm a little worried since I shouldn't be tripping at such a long point after taking it. I try and ignore the way I'm feeling and tell myself that I'm probably just panicking and maybe I've been tripping the whole time and just didn't realize it. I begin practicing calming breathing and I feel much calmer; however, the tingling sensation is still getting much worse and I'm starting to feel as though I'm having a seizure.

It gets more and more intense and I decide I need to go to the hospital. My mindstate feels quite sober and I realize that I've never felt this awful after taking anything, even while on bad trips, so I rush into the car to get myself to the emergency room.

I arrive there and get to the receptions desk wildly hallcuinating. I'm losing control over my muscles as they begin twitching quite rapidly. My heart is beating very fast.
"Can I help you?" she asks.
I look up at her and she looks like a demon. Her eyes are grayish blue and her pupils are the size of pins. She's very deformed and missing an arm. Her skin is kind of transparent and I can almost see her brain through her thin skull. I keep calm despite how disturbing the hallcuination is and tell her what's wrong with me.

I'm admitted in and they lay me down on a table and begin taking my vitals and run an IV in my arm. The tingling and muscle twitching is constant at this point and I get very scared as I face the possiblity that something is wrong with me. It no longer seems possible that I just had a delayed trip and that I was just panicing. My mindstate was pretty sober. I attribute the intense hallcuinations due in part to the drug being in my system and the hallucinations hitting me harder to due increased heart rate and high blood pressure. At this point I was convined that there may have been a toxic impurity in the batch I took as I know that 4-AcO-DMT appears to be as safe as Psilocin.

As they lay me down on the bed I did my best to remain calm even though everyone looked very demonic. I told them what I took and explained to them that it's likely as harmless as Psilocin. I told them I was more concerned about an interaction between Zoloft or a possible toxic impurity. They assumed I was just having a bad trip for a while, but eventually realized I was too with-it to just be having a bad trip and started taking my concerns seriously. They took a urine sample from me and also took several EKG's (this the correct term for it?).
They told me that my vitals were stable but that I was running a fever, and my heart rate and blood pressure were way up. I told them that I was hallucinating a bit and that all the hallcuinations had a theme of death/dying to them but that it could have just been my mindstate. I also explained that I have taken a wide array of substances at different dosage levels and never had such a reaction before.
I asked if it seemed like I was just having a panic attack/bad trip and they said they were having a very difficult time determining that.

Suddenly I started feeling pain in my nerve endings and losing control over my body. I started crying as I knew that this was it; I was going to die.
I pleaded with them to call my friend as I feared that it was too late for him and he might already be dead in his sleep. They sent people over to his house and I had them call my mother and father to come in right away. I knew I was going to die and I was utterly terrified. I wanted to see my parents one last time and tell them how much I loved them. I felt like all my organs were beginning to fail and I had to struggle to stay with it. I kept asking if I was alright and the best they could tell me was that they were having a hard time telling if I was or not but that my heart was still functioning normally and I wasn't looking too pale. I cried out "Oh my God I'm dying!" and began to tremble and cry.

My parents got there surprisingly fast. They looked utterly devestated and weren't sure what to make of things. It's worth noting that I had a brother that they had lost to cancer a year before I was born. All my life they've done their best to try and hide how much his death utterly devestated them. My parents are getting kind of old and a year ago my mother almost died of a heart attack. The last thing I wanted to do was call them up and scare them if I was having a bad trip. But I was utterly convinced that I was going to die and desperately wanted to see them one last time.
They tried to reach my sister but being the middle of the night were not able to get a hold of her.

At this point I completely lost control over my muscles and I felt an intense fight to stay with it. To give you an idea of what it was like, imagine Michael J. Fox and how his disease makes it impossible to control his movements. I was experiencing something very similar to that. I took each of my parents hands and at that moment I had an experience that I can't even begin to explain. I've never been at all religious but after some of my trips have always suspected that there's some higher spiritual force at work in some form or another.
I felt as though I was granted power from a higher force to say what I needed to say before I died. I've suffered from depression for a long time and feel as though I have never for a moment in my life communicated with people beyond some artificial level. But through tears and confusion I was able to tell them clearly and with full emotion how much I love them and how much they've always meant to me. I told them how I feel they're some of the most courageous and wonderful people on the planet and how they deserved to be happy. I told them that after I die I don't want them to mourn and I want them to live every single day to the fullest. I told them the meaning of life was to live and to love. I told them how much I loved my sister and I told them to tell her all the things I wished I had told her. I told them that if anything happened to Z to let him know how truly sorry I was for doing that to him. I wanted to tell Z that he was really the only friend I've ever had, and he's always been there for me through thick-and-thin when no one else has. I told them to tell Maria (a girl I'd recently dated) to know although things didn't pan out that I think she's the sweetest girl I've ever met and she's been a friend to me even though she didn't have to be and how much I loved her for that. I told the nurses and doctors in the room that they're some of the most important and courageous people in the world and how much I deeply respected them.
I felt myself start to slip away and soon everyone changed from looking like demons to looking like angels. The colors of the room transformed into the most beautiful and vibrant colors I've ever seen. My fear completly vanished and I knew that if I was going to die that there was nothing to be afraid of. I would still carry on in existence in ways we cannot fully understand.
My last thoughts were that if I died how it would completly devestate my family and that it was not yet my time; I needed to be there for my family. Suddenly I felt myself get better and I returned to the moment. I regained some degree of control over my body and my heart rate and blood pressure started to return to a normal level.

Before long the nurses and doctors were satisfied with how I was doing and brought me over to ICU. They kept me there overnight to keep track of me. They told me before I left the hospital that they looked up the substance and believed it to be just as safe as I thoght it was. They told me they still needed to do some follow-up work and run some tests to determine what happened.

Now it's Monday and I'm still having some muscle twitches and pain in my nerve endings. I'm able to control my body just fine now though. I'm taking lots of vitamins, drinking lots of water, and getting lots of rest. I'm starting to feel a lot better.

I don't forsee myself needing to use any drugs again for a long time. I don't regret having done any of them and maintain that psychedelics are important compunds that can be very beneficial for conquering one's short-comings and fears. At some point in the future I may want to trip again but I doubt that will be for a very long time. I feel like I've been granted a wisdom beyond me and that I need to stop letting life pass me by and enjoy every moment I have. It looks like I'm going to be fine but I'm still not sure. I'm going to be seeking follow-up work and depending on how I'm doing a week from now I might ask to have an MNRI. I'm still feeling pain in some of my nerve endings as well as feeling a bit "off".

I'm keeping on top of things and will let you guys know if I find out there were any drug interactions that people need to be made aware of or if there is a tainted batch going around. I contacted the person that sold it to me and told him I almost died on an unrelated compound and then he told me that he sold me this stuff because he had a bit of a scare with it. I'm not sure what he meant by that but I contacted him and told him the truth that it was on the stuff he sold me that this happened and asked for clarification on what he meant. I'm not at all mad at him but if there's some bad stuff going around then we need to figure out when that particular batch was put out and warn people against taking it before I can figure out what caused this to happen. Use your good judgment and excercise caution.

Last edited:
e1evene1even said:
Also interesting about Church, his 4-AcO-DMT trip made him step down as moderator and stop doing psychedelics altogether (see sticky). Powerful stuff this 4-AcO-DMT.

In all fairness to 4-AcO-DMT, it didn't make me do anything. It just happened to facilitate an experience in which I saw clearly what the outcome would be if I *did* quit. I had a very intimate moment with 4-Aco-DMT. Let's leave it at that.

This probably would have happened if I had chosen to take DPT, or 4-HO-DiPT, or anything else. It was just a facilitator.

/\ You sure? What if it was the 4-AcO-DMT? A powerful anti-psychedelic psychedelic... I hope you didn't flush that one down the toilet as you might require more of it to stay quit ... j/k %)

ill be meetint his wonderful ally for the first time tonight,at a cabin in the woods....should prove to be a wonderful experience im excited...

Ximot said:
/\ You sure? What if it was the 4-AcO-DMT? A powerful anti-psychedelic psychedelic... I hope you didn't flush that one down the toilet as you might require more of it to stay quit ... j/k %)

Oh man Ximot, you are awesome!!! =D

Peace! :)

wow this chem is fucking great.....the come-up is so easy,the body high kept makin me think somebody had slipped me a really clean mdma pill,and its so relaxing! i was content to watch the party going on around me,a quiet observer having a ball...
my dosage was 20 mg orally,i was planning at first on doing a lil more nasally,but 20 mg was plenty for me to have a wonderful experience. one of my best visuals was when i was watching my friend(shes in massage therapy school) giving out swedish massages to people...i could literally see the energy transfer going on from the side angle i was watching from...visuals in general were very pretty,lots of sparkling and glowing,peoples faces looked so much more representative of their personality/my opinion of them....

after i had come down pretty much fully,i started snorting mdma pills,totalling to a half a pill plus a third a pill an hour later...the tiny bit of afterglow i was getting from the psilacetin mixed EXTREMELY well with the ecstacy,and makes me excited for an eventual "psilaflip" or whatever you would want to call it...

in the end,this guy didnt even really remind me of shrooms at all,its highly superior in my eyes...not a hint of anxiety,relaxing body high(almost felt opiate like at points) and stellar visuals...this is the only psychedelic i want to consume in the near future,it just trumps everything else,and it feels like it has the potential to be ridiculously deep at the 25+ mg level...

next i want to try half a hit of pretty clean lsd,with 5mg 4-aco-dmt snorted at the peak,and probably a few wippets here and there....

i cant wait till its warm enough outside to take this guy on a hike with me! my setting was a rollie/tripping party at a duplex cabin in a state park,with dj's and lights all over..my buddy also was doing visuals projected on the walls,and he had a camera pointed at the small dancefloor section of the cabin,turning the ppl on the floor into crazy fractals of themselves on the wall...very nice place for me to trip...i didnt get much outside time cuz it was SO cold,but i can tell already above 20 mg in the woods during the day would be the pinnacle of experiences that i could possibly have...

Last edited:
Did you try it in day or night? I never liked tryptamines during the day, especially mushrooms...but I really want to try it soon and its just too cold at night...and I refuse to take it inside. Just curious to hear peoples' preference for day or night tripping with psilacetin.

^^
HMMMMMMMM ....

Both are beautiful! But I'd say this one might just have an extra bit of unusual magic to work at night.

My vote: Night.

Mushrooms in the day, psilacetin at night. You'll see :)

Orbital Forest I know what you mean about this one trumping all else! But don't forget the sacred mushroom, mother nature did a pretty good job with that one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.