• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Your favorite psychedelic, and why (Part 2)

What is your favorite psychedelic?

• LSD

Votes: 173 38.3%
  • Psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 101 22.3%
  • Mescaline cacti

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • DMT/Ayahuasca

Votes: 14 3.1%
  • Hawaiian Baby Woodrose/Morning Glory seeds

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 36 8.0%
  • MDMA (or MDA)

Votes: 44 9.7%
  • DOC (or one of the other DOx's)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-B

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-E

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • 2C-T-x

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Some other lesser-known molecule

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very difficult question. Ultimately I voted for mushrooms because I've had my most significant and beautiful and lasting experience on them which really changed my life. They're extremely spiritual and primordial.

But a few that I almost voted for are:

LSD - Because it's LSD!

Ketamine - Because it's the most amazing psychedelic I've ever tried in so many ways. Its usefulness and the ramifications of the experience are astounding, and its power is unfathomable.

2C-E - Because it's emotionally detached (usually) and extremely analytical, so intense introspection comes naturally. Plus, it's so extremely logical and clear headed while remaining unimaginable psychedelic. It's shown me more than any other chemical with regards to the structure of reality and the dimensions of existence.

DOC - This chemical is really beautiful, extremely gentle, and has a really interesting link to the subconscious and ancient, primordial human roots, straight back to our long, long ago reptilian past. It's also amazingly psychedelic once you get to the right place, and feels cleansing. I also love how its afterglow lasts for a long time and allows me to live in the now, in perfect harmony, much more easily than I usually can.

pin said:
mescaline is on my to do list still its just hard to find lol

lol. I completely disagree that it's hard to find. Peyote's not the only mescaline-containing cactus....

LSD and DMT, I love DMT for the fact that ANYONE who smokes it will see the world of possibility. It is very easy for someone who ahs never taken a psychedelic to smoke DMT and "get it". But I would rather take LSD if I had a supply to that which one can aquire DMT. LSD is everything and anything you want it to be, I never have been pushed on LSD either, I find it very controlible regaurdless of the dose. This doesnt mean I dont drift off but I have nver felt true fear on LSD of being not in control, or rather realising I was never in conrol to begain with which put this knowledge in my control.

I have a dozen favorites and there are a still a ton that sound terrific that I haven't really tried yet.

I'm pretty sure salvia is gonna be the psychedelic I stick with the longest.

MDMA is the best for soul-soothing
2C-i was the most euphoric
LSD has been the most rewarding
Psilocybin is the most fun
Ketamine has shown me the most amazing things...

So I still can't decide... :p

I actually hate how long lsd lasts. If it were shorter lasting, say, 3 hours, it would be much higher on my list, and I would use it more frequently no doubt.

fairnymph said:
I actually hate how long lsd lasts. If it were shorter lasting, say, 3 hours, it would be much higher on my list, and I would use it more frequently no doubt.

I take it you must not like tripping that much if your complaining about how long it last.

i can't chose between 5-MeO-DMT and ayahuasca because what i get from them is so different

ayahuasca for what it teaches
and 5-MeO-DMT for the "cosmic orgasm of the soul"x1000

i don't know why people don't see mdma as a psychadelic

is a neologism coined from the Greek words for "mind," ψυχή (psyche), and "manifest," δήλος (delos).

A psychedelic experience is characterized by the perception of aspects of one's mind previously unknown, or by the creative exuberance of the mind liberated from its ordinary fetters. Psychedelic states are one of the stations on the spectrum of experiences elicited by sensory deprivation as well as by psychedelic substances. On that same spectrum will be found hallucinations, changes of perception, synaesthesia, altered states of awareness, mystical states, and occasionally states resembling psychosis.
hallucinations aren't the only requirement, and mdma is the epitome of liberating my mind of ordinary fetters, and changing my perception, and alternating my awareness :\ i have been using mdma for 14 years, and the only difference in acid and mdma for me is the extent of it's effects....maybe my mind works different from everyone elses...perhaps i am just an anomaly :D

not looking to argue, just giving my .02

hmmm for some reason edit isn't working for me, sorry for the dp

just wanted to add that and i totally agree with fairnymph, i have so many responsibilities nowadays, when younger, i loved to be high for days, but it just isn't an option anymore. which is why my hubby and i have been discussing dmt so much lately.
even mdma kicks my ass for way too long

and grow up breakbeat, we don't need to see your epenis by attacking someone elses love for drugs. some of us have careers and families in the real world, we can't stay in hyperspace forever

Breakbeat, that's not it at all. I do love to trip, but with acid, for me at least, the time dilation is so intense, that 8 hours of it literally feels like a lifetime for me. I also get freaked out by the time dilation, so it lasting for that long begins to unhinge me.

As Darth said as well, it's simply not practical. You need a whole fucking weekend to do acid properly, and I don't have the time, nor do I feel ilke it's worth it to spend that time.

Beyond that, I simply don't like being fucked up on ANY drug for more than 3-4 hours. Stimulant, downer, psychedelic, whatever. I strongly dislike any long lasting effects in ANY drug.

i was torn between MDMA, aMT and Psilocybin But i chose psilocybin just for the fact that was my first drug induced experience that felt changed my life immensly!

I just couldnt get over how much more happy i was after taking them, obviously MDMA did also change my life to some extent but found abusing this substance a kick in the arse :\

i found aMT a real good experience, i tried it a few times and found it was also set and setting dependant but i feel every drug is to a certain extent, especially all psychedelics.

I have never ever come accross LSD in my lifetime, but the way people describe it i think it would be the holy grail of psychedelics to me, the time dilation scares me a bit as with mushrooms that feels a long time, so i feel LSD would feel even logner

lsd, the spirituality aspect of mushrooms is awesome but i prefer an acid trip over it. also mdma only worked the first time i did it so thats out of the question

this is a very very hard question.

which of your kids do you love the most?

Blow, that's a damned good way to put it. I guess the reason I chose mushrooms has less to do with the effects and more to do with how I acquire it.

My favorite for visuals would have to be MDA. I have amazing hallucinations if I take, layers and layers of complex geometric patterns and realizations about it all means. But... MDA has it's problems. It drains my seritonin and makes me depressed afterwards, without giving me very much mental or emotional depth to take from the experience.

So I'd have to go with mushrooms... low dose. Even though the trips can get really scary, I trust plants a lot more than manmade chemicals. I feel like there are spirits in mushrooms that can help and guide me, a feeling of connectedness and friendship to the universe that I didn't find in LSD.

I would have to go with two fairly popular ones:

Psilocybic Mushrooms: There's just something so benign, organic, and comforting about mushrooms. Probably due to the fact that they were once a living thing that we eat, in contrast to the crystals and powders of other, more synthetic hallucinogens. I know that psilocybin and psilocin are in the same class (tryptamines) that the rest of the purified research chemicals inhabit, but again, there's just something so appealing about eating a mushroom to enter a psychedelic universe, as opposed to ingesting something freshly cooked from some chemist's laboratory. Primitive, yes, but in a good way, and incredibly spiritual. And, there's not a huge time investment as with other chems like LSD or DOM -- six hours and you're back on Earth again.

DXM: I know a lot of people really consider DXM to be a teen's drug -- a layman's high that real psychonauts avoid like the plague. I really consider DXM to be a gem, especially at higher dosages. Honestly, I think DXM is a drug for expert psychonauts. I think the kids that drink DXM to get high because they ran out of money for pot are wasting their time. If you practice meditative techniques, and really work to get something out of your DXM experience, it can be more psychedelic and mind-blowing than the strongest of LSD trips. I've had the best visuals and most powerful out-of-body experiences on DXM than on any other drug. Sure, it can be a nauseating experience, and not all that fun at times, but it can be downright enlightening to the point where the epiphanies you can reach on DXM outweigh all of the potentially bad and unpleasant side-effects.

Indelibleface said:
DXM: I really consider DXM to be a gem, especially at higher dosages. Honestly, I think DXM is a drug for expert psychonauts. If you practice meditative techniques, and really work to get something out of your DXM experience, it can be more psychedelic and mind-blowing than the strongest of LSD trips. I've had the best visuals and most powerful out-of-body experiences on DXM than on any other drug...it can be downright enlightening to the point where the epiphanies you can reach on DXM outweigh all of the potentially bad and unpleasant side-effects.

I think this is true of any dissociative. Well, at least with DXM, ketamine, PCP, and maybe a few of PCP's analogues. But out of curiosity, have you tried a full "k-hole" dose taken by an IM-jection? I just wonder if you have taken ketamine...what makes you prefer DXM? I seem to read of few who have tried both (specifically the ketamine by IM injection as it doesn't work right the other way) and still prefer the DXM.

The thing that really keeps me from ever trying it is the length of commitment that must be made. One of the mind-blowing things about an IM in jection of ketamine is that the peak lasts generally for less than an hour. But the state itself is timeless. Subjectively at a full dose, there is no 'ego' left to keep track of time...much less even be aware of it.

With DXM, it is a long commitment that mostly keeps me away; just due to the sheer nature of the dissociative experience...one hour is plenty for me. And with ketamine, there is little residual effects. You are wobbly for maybe another hour, but after that it is all gone. Very 'clean' substance.

Either way though, I am glad DXM is your ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.