Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best time of day to take 5-HTP?

mr v

Bluelighter
Now then all,

yeah, lifes a bit strung out at the moment, think i've partied a little too hard as of late, so in addition the healthy diet and multivits, got meself some 5-HTP to aid the recovery process

the capsules each contain :

50mg 5-HTP
5mg Niacin
5mg Vitamin B6
25mg Magnesium
50mg Valerian Root

Don't suppose anyone knows what the benefits of these other chemicals would be? Obviously this products not going to be aimed at recovering wreckheads :p so assuming they've got other purposes?

Done a quick search on the search engine but found nothing, but whats the best time to take 5-HTP in the day to reap its full benefits? Could the valerian in the product cause problems with taking the capsules early in the day for example, i don't want to be drowsy all day?

Cheers in advance guys!

yeeah i've been having two capsules about half an hour before bed for the past 3 nights, but any clues as to when optimum taking time would be?

like if i have it before bed is it all going to be used up by the time i'm awake? or is it more of a long term effect? couldn't find too much on google about best time to take either.

also, anyone using 5HTP experienced any really vivid trippy dreams? like small minature transformer like robots trying to stop your ex-girlfriend turning into a bear and destroying their small societies - last nights cinema in my head was a bit fucked.. :S

Last edited:
mr v said:
yeeah i've been having two capsules about half an hour before bed for the past 3 nights, but any clues as to when optimum taking time would be?
i always take it before i goto sleep, as well.

mr v said:
also, anyone using 5HTP experienced any really vivid trippy dreams?
the vivid dreams are one of the reasons i take 5-htp before i goto sleep.
so yes, i most definitely experience vivid dreams when taking 5-htp.

just in general, after the last two weeks of a fair bit of bingeing on e and phet, thought i could do with some cheering up!

Well your 5-htp capsules have valerian root so I would take that at night. I have found it better to take 5-htp in the morning. Try finding some 5-htp only capsules and try for yourself.

I've had some f'ed up dreams after taking it just prior to going to bed. Very trippy and just plain odd.

I know many people that have stopped taking 5htp because they cant handle the dreams and sometimes nightmares.
Ive read its better to take near bedtime away from other food that contains 5htp or its precursor so that it converts to serotonin in the brain not in the liver or gut but i dont know enough to argue the matter.