• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA: What types of jobs do BLers have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a job at a grocery store. But I just didn't show up on the 5th day of work, or the day after etc. etc..... I know, I might be a shit for quitting, but I HATED that job. They started me bagging groceries, which I can do, and stocking, can do, but after one day of trying to work a checkstand... fuck that shit. I'm close minded and a nazi, but half the people who came in there were using food stamps, and then there's the fact that I have to talk to them and ask how their day is going, and try to make some kind of friendly BS commentary on their purchase or the FUCKING weather, and if they can't speak Engrish, you don't even get so much as a glance for asking "how's your day?" frankly I want a fucking response if I'm required to ask that question. And then there's the old, ugly motherfuckers, who are all pissy and acting like they are in some kind of hurry, YOU'RE RETIRED AND ON FOOD STAMPS MOTHERFUCKER, WHERE IS IT YOU HAVE TO BE? JUST LET ME PUT YOUR SHIT IN A BAG AND GIVE YOU YOUR RECEIPT.

not to mention the scumbags that spit their tabakker in their aluminum cans and bring it in for their 5 cent refund, and you have to count that shit by hand. nasty. I really fucking hate working with the public. and also I really hate intercom shit they play in grocery stores, be it music or advertising. I can not stand to listen to "you're so vain" ever again. And all the other checkers were girls, and the looks on their faces said "I despise this job but I have bills to pay"

So I think I'm going to try to get a job in a bigger city, doing something like warehouse work or manufacturing of some kind, and hopefully I will stick with it, hopefully I'm not just a lazy weak willed piece of shit. I really really doubt that, I've done plenty of DAMN hard physical labor and or sports training in my life and I stuck with that better than most of the other people my age. Granted I've spent most of the last year on the computer, not doing anything productive.

I move boxes of clothes. Drive clothes to people. Pick up clothes sometimes. Office work occasionally.
And my dad is my boss, it's a pretty sweet gig for now.

I work for a translation firm, reviewing translated documents/manuals/etc. I am sorely underpaid and receive no benefits of overtime. I am actively searching for a new job. (By 'actively' I mean I have given up on finding a new job, haha:\)

I try to predict the correct lotto numbers 3 days a week. It's tough going with not much reward.

Last edited:
Substitute teaching has not happened, but I was promoted from customer service to the IT department, so I'm slowly working my way up, I guess. I still think I'll try substitute teaching on the side if I can, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to do the long-term type of work I was originally wanting to do whether I sub or not, as my health issues may be too great. :<

These days I'm a project/program manager. Not IT, but with a background on getting new products to market, primarily for construction equipment and their upstream supply chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.