• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA: What types of jobs do BLers have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an IT mercenary while I am finishing college, so basically I take contract jobs as they come up. The pay ranges from crappy to so awesome I want to quit school. I'm almost done though. The last week or so I have been installing a gradebook system for a large school district. Most the last year I have been working at Architectural firms through an IT company that specializes in that area. They are great to work for. I am not sure where Realm is working but I'd wager he could make a lot more money elsewhere, because the pay from that job was actually pretty good.

I am IT support

did you have to take a UA? whaa?

what does your job pay?
$39K or so a year, payrise soon, and bonus!

is the job really worth it? 'Im beginning to think so

is there any future in "climbing the corperate ladder of the job like promotions"? Yup! i can pretty much have any job i want from here

Reinsurance

Not going to be specific but somewhere between $50k-60$k + super.

Yes, it's worth it and I love it.

A lot of career prospects.

I've got two jobs.

Waitress-

paid 2.13/h+tips usually pull in about 50-60 a shift.

no UA required (the entire damn resteraunt is full of people who are addicted to things. I can count the people who don't do drugs on one hand-and then they drink.)

Not worth it for more than a summer job/after school job to get some money together for college. No room for advancement, unless I decide to get a degree in the resteraunt biz (something that I'm considering.)

and my other job is tutoring little kids at a Kumon math and reading center.

pays 7$ an hour (but I only work six hours a week.)

worth it, really cause my entire job consists of sitting and watching 5 year olds teach themselves how to add one plus one. But no room for promotion. and it's all of six hours a week. I'd be happier if it was more hours though cause then I wouldn't need two jobs.

For those that missed this thread last time

It can be amazing what a faulty memory and a search engine can turn up on a site like this. It's just lucky that the thread hasn't been pruned.

[Edit: I've been informed that my link to the older attempt at this isn't worth reviving, so I'll answer here:

Mechanical Engineer

did you have to take a UA?
Yes. Most of the jobs I'd apply for require one as part of a general physical and drug screening - it ties in with the insurance coverage for known problems (but could be used to disqualify you from working there)

what does your job pay? Current salary range for my position is about 60-85k, but that also ties in with 10+ yrs experience.

is the job really worth it? Yeah, I think so. Some days I'm underpaid but loving the challenges (sometimes), most days I'm overpaid and bored.

is there any future in "climbing the corperate ladder of the job like promotions"? Yes. That's about all I have ahead of me, working up the ladder into management somehow, or staying at my current level which means keeping my hands in actual work managing projects rather than people.

and any other specifications about the job? Not sure what you're looking for here. I have primarily a desk job, with lots of computer work (CAD, some calculations, a lot of paperwork). There are visits to customer sites (garbage sites for the garbage trucks, and underground mines for the coal mining industry, and a few others...but those are the main two). Trips to conventions (Vegas regularly, other places off and on. So travel is good and bad. I work for a major global corp, which allows a lot of career paths, including relocation and a strong emphasis on developing and growing your skill set (they pay for degrees and seminars).

Would I recommend this to someone else? (not asked, but appropriate I think)
Umm, not necessarily. You've got to enjoy math and science, be good with your communicating skills, and accept that on the one hand you can do nearly anything as you choose your career steps, the truth is that a lot of the paths aren't very appealing to most people. The money can be good, the future looks reasonably secure, but you really need to enjoy what you're doing...but I guess that applies to any career.

/Edit]

Last edited:
what types of jobs everyone has:
Right now as a after school job, I'm a clerk at a Library.

what does your job pay? $16.40 per-hour
is the job really worth it? For now it is.

is there any future in "climbing the corperate ladder of the job like promotions"? I could become the supervisor if I'm there long enough.

Air Traffic Controller - 67K/yr
I also run a small side contracting business - 20K/yr and a custom home design business - 42K/yr

I personally choose to work for a company that provides a 36.5 hour working week. I have the possibility to work for others, that pay more, but it's important to have a work/life balance.

It's certainly handy living in a environment where there is a huge skills shortage and low unemployment.

I took the first job that would hire me straight out of Uni ... although I might not have taken it had I not been misled/lied to about the location, salary and job duties :|

I'm a low-level state security employee ... get paid about $10/hour, which is enough to pay the bills, but not much else.
No chance for advancement ... I get a raise after a year, but I'm about to take a 20% take-home paycut, as I'm losing my OT hours soon [out of my control].
It didn't have a UA ... my other state job [different state] didn't either; seems Government can never afford drug tests, only two of private corps. I've worked for [crap retail/security jobs] ever tested.

Unfortunately, I'm still young with very little experience, education be damned ... so I can't really think about looking for a new job until at least next year. Looking around, there isn't a whole lot available anyway.
I have no illusions about being rich, but dammit, even poor people have cell phones and TVs these days!

I work as a tourguide and also sell tickets for tour busses. I have mixed feelings about the job; at first, I really enjoyed it, but I'm beginning get tired of it and bored. There isn't much room for advancement and I feel that my Master's degree hasn't helped me much in terms of finding a job related to what I actually studied (18th Century British and French Decorative Arts and Historic Interiors).

I have a casual contract so I can work part-time and have days off to suit me, which would be hard to find anywhere else. I know they like me there but they don't seem to appreciate my education. It's a comfortable rut in many ways, but it's also a dead end. In many ways I feel I'm wasting my life. But at least it's a job...

I hope to go back to graduate school and am considering doing a PhD. I would love to be in the art world but don't think I would fit in. Like others have said here, it's snobby. I know people but I still think I'm too much of a maverick to fit into it. MOst of the women working in galleries are young eye candy. The other extreme are really academic Oxbridge types going for careers in museums or the National Trust/English Heritage straight out of university; I got my Master's in Decorative Arts at 40, so I'm much older than this young set. I basically fucked off for ten years instead of buckling down.

The older group in this set tend to be from aristocratic families, again, which I'm not. So I don't really fit in; perhaps the best thing for me is to try to get myself published or do freelance tours, perhaps with blue badge. But though I am liberal about many things (obviously, or i wouldn't be writing here), I am nonetheless conservative about many other things such as my taste in art and architecture.

I love historic architecture and care a lot about historic preservation. I would drop everything in a minute (no pun intended!:p :D ) if I could get a 'real' job for an organisation such as the Georgian Group, English Heritage, National Trust, Christie's, Victoria & Albert Museum, etc.

Last edited:
I haven't worked at my "regular" job in a while...which is normally waitressing, $2.13/hour + tips, no UA required but depends on the restaurant. Worth it? Depends on the shift, the restaurant, and the customers. Mainly work in restaurants b/c a "real" job is required by my probation.

To afford life, I work in the clubs. No UA required. No application or interview required. No schedule required. Is it worth it? Ohhhh yeah. How much do I make? I'll never tell!!!! ;) Believe it or not, I really enjoy this job. It's like getting paid to party, it's fun!

Both these jobs are just a means to support myself until I finish my education. Strangely enough, I've earned more money dancing than I probably ever will in my professional career, even after I get my degree and finish grad school as well. It doesn't last forever and after a certain age it's not an option anymore.

I'm currently trying my hand at the stock market, mostly penny's and sub penny's, working out alright so far.

For the last 2 years I was lead mechanic on about 6 off road trucks/buggies. Won the Baja 1000 back to back, check out the movie Dust to Glory.

I no longer work there because they moved another 60 miles away... shitty.

Before that I helped my mom out with her marketing company, pretty successful.

Before that I tried Real Estate, definetly not rich enough to be my own boss and float myself until I could sell something.

Before that racecars marketing racecars marketing and more racecars.

I'm actually a Pharmacist

What does your job pay? Six Figures :) I'm currently making just under $135,000/yr

Is the job really worth it? I find drugs interesting of course, so in that respect it is, but the job is boring as fuck. Not to mention stressful. When it gets stressful though, I just remember the answer to question 1.

Is there any future in "climbing the corperate ladder of the job like promotions"? Not really at all. As a Pharmacist I'm pretty much doing the same thing until I retire.

And any other specifications about the job? I sell drugs, thats about all there is to it.

If anybody ever has a question about drugs, feel free to ask. I lurk a lot, and am fairly new but hey what else am I good for?

Job: Temp Park Maintenance Worker (at a public garden)

UA? No

What does your job pay? 9/hour

Is the job really worth it? It's not a bad summer job. I have an incredibly nice boss who buys the crew Dairy Queen and other treats. And we're usually "on break" at least 1/3 of the work day. So yeah, it's good as long as it's not a terribly hot day outside.

Is there any future in "climbing the corperate ladder of the job like promotions"? Not at all.

i only accept under the table work. most times this means im doing hard labor stuff (im a girl). right now i work for a native tree care company trimming trees. i love not having to pay taxes on the money i earn and all the hard work keeps me in great shape.

i get paid $12 - $15 in cash
im 20
is it worth it? yes. i work (or dont) whenever i want and i get paid in cash at the end of each work day.
future possibilities: none that appeal to me.

i'm 24 and i'm a teacher.

right now, i don't make nearly as much as i should, because i teach pre-kindergarten in a private school. the pay sucks and the benefits are non-existant. but it's my first real teaching job, so it's perfect for what it is. i hope to move onto a public school setting next year.

of course i went through all the drug testing (i work with children!) and i was also fingerprinted a few times. it's all worth it though :)

Mona Lisa said:
...and I feel that my Master's degree hasn't helped me much in terms of finding a job related to what I actually studied (18th Century British and French Decorative Arts and Historic Interiors).
I'm shocked.

I work in the unloading department for UPS (postal service in the US)

did you have to take a UA? I did not have to take a UA.
what does your job pay? right now I am at $9.50/hr but if I stay for another few months it's a $1 raise and then another year is another $1
is the job really worth it? I dunno... it's work... but UPS has some of the best benefits around. full health insurance coverage, $4, 000 a year tuition reimbursement, and they even paid for my school books when I gave them the receipt!
is there any future in promotions? yes there is. once I get my degree from college I will have the chance to move up in the company.
and any other specifications about the job? it's not easy work. you are constantly moving about and lifting stuff. lots of people quit the first week. because of this, UPS seems to be always hiring. I would look into it if you don't mind a little physical work out ;)

i was wondering what types of jobs everyone has, and other information as to: I work as an assistant at a salon (real job) and a barista at Starbucks (secondary job)

did you have to take a UA?
No, and no

what does your job pay?
$7.00 an hour and $7.93 an hour

is the job really worth it?
Yes and yes

is there any future in "climbing the corperate ladder of the job like promotions"?
Yes and yes

and any other specifications about the job?
I love both of my jobs, and it's funny, because I really hate people - yet, I do not want to be in a job away from person to person contact.

My job at the salon allows me to look however I want, but I have to tone it down at SBUX - and that part kind of sucks. But other then that, I love them both, and when I have to do the one and not the other, I will be kind of bummed out.

thanks to everyone for replying!

wesmdow said:
youre obviously intelligent enough to pass the GED.

one of the questions was literally, "in which country was the vietnam war fought?"

--that comes directly from a friend who got his GED.

your ability to write coherent sentences says a lot about your general intelligence. confidence and dedication are another matter.

the art world IS snobby, and you have to have connections. do you know any self supporting artists? this is how i make my living now, so if you need any advice you can pm me or aim me: wesmdow.

it isnt THAT hard. you obviously have confidence issues you need to adress.

another route you can take is to learn a skill:

welding
automechanics
plumbing
electrician
carpentry
...the list goes on.

you can take an apprenticeship with no more than a GED (you CAN do it!) and learn 1 on 1 from a real person whos been in the business for years and knows the ropes.

if you want to lead a blue-collar life, this is probably the best advice ive heard, as i have a few friends who live this way.

you could also join the military, if thats your thing. it might help your confidence?

my last advice to you here, is NOT to sell drugs for a living, or even consider it. its far too much work, and far too dangerous for the short-term advantages. even though you havent mentioned it (that i read) i figure i should throw that out there: DONT TRY TO BE A DEALER!!!!!

good luck
lol thanks for the support, but sadly, since ive never been much of a social person and was usually made fun of in school, i found it amusing to grasp a vast knowledge of vocabulary and use it to my advantage when i was confronted with the meatheaded jocks at school who made fun of me. and id just send them into a neverending state of dumbfoundedness with my words and wordings so theyd make some asshatted comment about me and id just say something about them in some multisyllabic words and confuse them...and somehow i felt bigger than them because of that.

id love to get a GED but i know ill fail the mathmatecal portion of the quiz, along with the historical part, and possibly the science questions as well.... so i bet my chances for passing it are slim and none... and as i dont currently have a job, i dont feel like wasing my moms money on a GED test and not passing it.

i added you to my buddy list, thanks for puttin yourself out there for information for me, i greatly appriciate it as since ive screwed myself over in the chances on getting into the animation career [ever since i was little ive wanted to make cartoons for a living. ...the tv was my only real friend when i was young, and cartoons were my first love...] ive really really wanted to get into something dealing with drawing or painting or something not dealing with "thinking" and based upon customer services... id rather just do something artistic and make a living from my ability to draw, and not just sit behind some cash register or desk [non artist desk]

i have many many confidence problems.... i have an unrealitically high bar of standards for myself wich i never seem to live up to.
...and i also have lacking social skills, so when asked "so tell me a little about yourself" [like how i was asked in an interview for dillons today, i just freeze up and cant communicate or present myself well... and just seem like another "dumb teenager punk kid" off the streets..

welding and automechanics require a GED or HSD around here, like to get into MIT or some other trade school you see being whored out on tv commercials. ive seen a reddi-rutor ad in the carrerbuilder website, but sadly i didnt go for it the second ive seen it, and now i doubt they have any openings... i have a little knowlodge of elcrticity and the trade from when i used to help my uncle refurbish houses, but i dont know nearly enough to get a job as an electrician. and as ive only had one job before, and used to hangout with a tweeker and did that nastey meth shit and rolled too much[but dont anymore as i realized i have ADD and the meth did nothing for me besides make me skinny, and i got kinda tired of rolling and im pretty much a computer geek without the knowledge of computers, i dont have the strength for carpentry. ...we have a few weight sets here that i could build up my "muscles" with, but my mother is a packrat and i cant get to the weightset because theres so much stuff infront of/packed on top of it.

id love to get an apprenticeship for tattooing, but as ive said before, i dont think i have the talent for it as not much of anything i draw as flash is original. im going to put a link to my photobucket site on here at the end of my post for anyones critisizm. ive been told by many people that what i draw looks good, but im still scared that its not really that good... i dont know why i have all these unexplainable fears... but i just do, and hopefully with peoples replys to the thread and their critiqueing (<---spelling?) ill be able to get some type of confidence..

the military is out of the question. i have alot of problems with some asshole screaming at my face... i have an abusive crackhead/drunk father and grew up with that jerkoff treating me and my mother like shit...and if some jackass came screaming in my face id probobley kick him in the nuts and get my ass kicked afterwards. ...i dont find someone screaming at me that im a maggot and a girl and a piece of crap would help any confidence issues i have.

after thinking about it, im a very socially apathetic person and wouldnt try to have alot of customers outside of the few people i call friends..even though im starting to wonder if i should classify them as such, and with the crazy gas prices, im not about to drive more than four blocks to hook someone up. so im not going to become a dealer.

cravNbeets said:
you need to get your GED @ the minimum bruv... you're absolutely capable of doing so and you know it. take it easy on yourself.

thanks, i really want to get my GED, i just dont think im smart enough to pass the test. :/

LoveAlways said:
I am a bartender extraordinare!!

id really like to be a bartender, but sadly my stepbrother [mr. perfect has the life i want... he lives in seattle...] and if i were to pursure the bartending career then id have to hear "ooh youre going to be a bartender like your stepbrother" forever.. plus im 18 and Ks doesnt let people under 21 get the job.

mariposa420 said:
I've had 2 contract positions since quitting my job as a litigation legal secretary last October. I have an AA and most of a BA, which I will finish when I have the time.
...You have to be willing to deal with lawyers, irate clients, and high-level professionals. It is extremely stressful and there are deadlines that could make your boss lose a case if you miss them. Personalities can interfere, and in large firms or companies if you go over someone's head (even accidentally) your ass is toast. You also have to have flawless grammar and be a very, very good proofreader.

as i have a degree in jackdiddleysquat and bong rippin, i couldnt be a litigation legal secretay, and dont have the slightest idea what an AA or BA is, i have no chance of getting the job what you have... i have [contrary to other peoples beliefs, as ive gotten away with alot of shit which should have gotten my ass thrown in jail for a long long long time, i have horrible luck] so i think i could quite easily go over someones head and burn myself bad.. i have excellent grammar and vocabulary when im alone and just talking to my computer, but when it comes to another person [unless i know them or im comfortable talking with them] i make a complete ass out of myself, and make myself out to be "just another dumbass teenager". ..i cant present myself well infront of people unless im doing some simple little thing that requires simple manners as getting something off a high shelf for some little old lady at the store and saying "hello, could i help you wiht that?" and just being polite, and knowing im going to be able to leave within 15 seconds. ...i have horrible social anxiety... ...and a hooked on phonics grad, a good proofreader does not make...

realm said:
I work as a computer tech at an architect firm, of course you would have to be skilled in all aspects of, maintenance, troubleshooting, and networking, as well as few other things. My job really isn't worth it to me besides the fact that it barely pays my bills, i make $10 an hour US at 30 hour weeks, that's $1200 per month before taxes. My job doesn't have any real way to 'climb the ladder' but i have other prospects for what i would really like to do with my life, so this job is only temporary. If you're planning on moving out i would suggest finding a job that pays your bills and leaves you some extra room for misc. expenses. And no i didn't have to take a UA, try finding a smallish company that seems well run (you dont want to lose your job because the company goes under), they shouldnt drug test. By the way i've worked at Best Buy before they randomly drug test even after you're hired, so be careful there. Some other good job considerations might be, ticket booth for an arena, or movie theatre. Convenience stores or restaurants are good places to work if you're considering that they don't have much room for financial growth, but on the upside is a very easy job, and the boss wont get mad if you sit there if the place is empty. And oh yea, you should look into getting one of those mail-order high school diplomas. I have one of those and it works like a champ, i dropped out in 9th grade and got that the same year, it allowed me to work at a couple places despite not being 18. The diploma is very easy to get, mine went like this: It cost $700 for 2 booklets they send you, one booklet has questions, and the other has answers (except the math part, i just got a family member to help). You have as much time as you would like to complete the test and when you finish all you do is send it back, and they send you a diploma in the mail a month or 2 later. Now you're officially a high school grad.

id like to work at the warren movie theatre here with some people i know, but i have social anxiety disorder [self diagnosed, the doctor says theres nothing wrong with me and im the perfect picture of health...but thats just because i put up a little act that im fine and okay just for the time being there... i seem to do that whenever i need to, but when something is spontanious or sometimes even planned out [suchas in my interview today] i cant function well and cant seem to convey a complete message or thought to another person without saying "uhhh" and "ummmmmmmmmmmm" and having to kinda think about what i should say.

i like the thought of getting a diploma through sending away $700 and being able to work at my own pace and my own time. ive sortof had touble with "this is the test, you have "x" amount of time to do it in, begin now" ...n school i did sortof well on tests, but i didnt do good on my homework as i never turned it in. ...my mom said i "was too smart" and "the class moved at too slow of a pace for me" but i think her expectations exceeded the limitations of reality and that she thought way too highly of my intelligence. im not saying i will for sure or not, but pm me about the website or whereever you sent away for your diploma package, id like to have the option available to me if i decide to go through with the GED test but dont pass it.

Tokey-tokerson said:
Full time life guard at college pool, part time at a church camp life guard (only in summer), and reading to a blind girl (only during school)

dont have the physique for being a lifeguard, i dont believe in some drunkkard dying on a cross for some sins that i didnt do but for some jackass eating an apple and somehow im blamed for it. [ no disrespect to anyones religion here, i just was raised to belive this stuff, and have come to realize its jsut like every other religion and it has many flaws and things that dont make any sence at all nomatter how its attemted to be rationalized] and im not sure anyone would rely on me to read to a blind person, sure id enjoy doing such a thing as i would be helping someone...but i doubt id ever be given the opportunity to get such an easy job since ive come to the conlusion that i cant have an easy job and make easy money as ive failed a stupid UA even after not smoking any cannabis for a month and taking some detox stuff to get a nice posh job as a hotel garage attendent in an AC cooled booth all by myself only having to deal with one to three people an hour...

Medi57 said:
My current job description is I suppose inhouse webdesign/general IT person.
I'm sorting out a new network for a small-medium size business (40+employees) and putting together a new website for them, 3 months into a 6 month contract I started off telemarketing! But a need occured and I have the skills to fill the gap.

i dont have any computer skills aside from knowing some basic stuff in flash animation, and im not even sure if that could be called "computer skills", so i know i couldnt do webdesign... and i couldnt be something that starts calling my house at 8am and doesnt stop until 4pm...i fucking hate telemarketers... every day "hello is mr or mrs _____ there?" ...ive gotton such a loathsome disassociation towards these people ive grown a great love for the "off" button on my phone that makes it stop ringing when pressed. ...atleast it stops ringing here in my room, and luckily i cant hear the phones upstairs.

scotty6435 said:
I'm a cardiac physiologist at my local district hospital. That means I perform diagnostic tests on hearts to see how well they're doing and implant pacemakers/implantable defibrillators. The pay is £15,000 (after TAX) a year as I'm in training, up to about £27,000 after completing a 4 year honors degree in clinical physiology. I can move out of the field into the private sector for more money or climb the ladder to become a manager or something.EDIT: I've never had a drug test for a job before as they're pretty rare in the UK.

even though i can handle seeing blood and such, i know i coudlnt handle knowing "this persons life is in my hands, if i screwup, their family is going to miss them greatly" so i couldnt deal with such pressure of putting in pacemakers and such... ...and i wish i lived in the UK.. either the UK, Canada, or Holland [Amsterdam to be precise] since i really like the though of rarities in drug testing in the UK and i really like the rainy weather and the nice cannabis culture ive read about in another forum dealing with the uk and 420 .....if youre intelligent and piece together some numbers and the UK in the correct order, youll know what im talking about, and ive descovered the two things i think im sortof good at is drawing and growing mary jane id get along very well in holland growing medicimal marijuanna and selling seeds.

ruski said:
System/Network Administrator....
Requires a fair bit of broad area knowledge in a lot of different technologies

as said before, i have not alot of knowledge of computers and all that they pertain with... so this is a no go for me...

animal_cookie said:

i think i could handle this solong as theres no diaper changing involved. im sortof a childish person, and my fiance' tells me id be very good with kids as im very playfull and "silly acting" aslong as the kids could wipe their own asses, id be perfect for this since i could have tons of fun watching cartoons, and drawing/coloring/fngerpainting/amusing toddlers/going to fun places with them. sadly the way i look [shaved head because my fiance screwed up my haircut and gauged ears fown to 4 size would scare off the parents and make them think im a bad person or something] ...plus i think you need some sort of special class training or something to become a "certified babysitter" around here... aside form the negativities drawn upon myself on account of my current image and prejudgements concieved by other people, i doubt i could do this.

-T{H}R- said:
Reinsurance

Not going to be specific but somewhere between $50k-60$k + super.

Yes, it's worth it and I love it.

A lot of career prospects.

no idea what this job is...

TheLoveBandit said:
It can be amazing what a faulty memory and a search engine can turn up on a site like this. It's just lucky that the thread hasn't been pruned.

ive used the search engine and im very very glad this thread hasnt been closed as ive gotten alot of very useful advice from everyone whose posted.

shahab6 said:
Right now as a after school job, I'm a clerk at a Library.

...i thought you had to take a class in college in bookkeeping to be a clerk or do anything at a library.. i couldnt do this if it required such a class... but ive been wrong before though... plus i dont fit the "standardized unifrom" of any sort of librarian...

Infernal said:
Air Traffic Controller

ive flown an airplane before, and still remember most of everything on how to do it... his wouldnt help me in being an air traffic conrtoller, but ive thought about avaiation careers before and i havent the slightest idea what i would need to do to get this sort of job.

Mona Lisa said:
I feel that my Master's degree hasn't helped me much in terms of finding a job related to what I actually studied (18th Century British and French Decorative Arts and Historic Interiors).
woah, my hats off to you. from what ive seen in pictures, french and brittish interiors are extravagant and i really enjoy the way they look. ...it sortof makes me sad because of the house/ way the house is that im forced to live in...

itsjustme said:
I haven't worked at my "regular" job in a while...which is normally waitressing, $2.13/hour + tips, no UA required but depends on the restaurant. Worth it? Depends on the shift, the restaurant, and the customers. Mainly work in restaurants b/c a "real" job is required by my probation.

To afford life, I work in the clubs. No UA required. No application or interview required. No schedule required. Is it worth it? Ohhhh yeah. How much do I make? I'll never tell!!!! Believe it or not, I really enjoy this job. It's like getting paid to party, it's fun!

Both these jobs are just a means to support myself until I finish my education. Strangely enough, I've earned more money dancing than I probably ever will in my professional career, even after I get my degree and finish grad school as well. It doesn't last forever and after a certain age it's not an option anymore.

i cant work a waiter job, lack of social skills. ...sad though on account of the nice tips i could make. i couldnt be a male dnacer as my fiance would get pissed, and i dont have the body for it, nor the courage to get naked infront of a big room of people....

Kyle said:
[For the last 2 years I was lead mechanic on about 6 off road trucks/buggies/QUOTE]

im one of the few guys in the world that dont know shit, not really care about cars besides my elcamino...so theres no hope for me getting anything in the mechanics career..

poomcgoo8 said:
I'm actually a Pharmacist

i wish i woulda stayed in school to become a doctor or atleast had the intelligence to be a chemist. ...if i had the interest in drugs back in school then before i dropped out that i have now, then i wouldve stayed in and dealt with the bullshit so i could create lysergic acid diethylamide along with other chemicals and make a living selling them/ just being a cool person and giving it away. ...being sortof a modern day leary, ya know?

xena said:
i'm 24 and i'm a teacher.
i could be wrong, but i thought parochial schools paid better than public...

AxL BLaZe said:
I work in the unloading department for UPS (postal service in the US)

did you have to take a UA? I did not have to take a UA.
what does your job pay? right now I am at $9.50/hr but if I stay for another few months it's a $1 raise and then another year is another $1
is the job really worth it? I dunno... it's work... but UPS has some of the best benefits around. full health insurance coverage, $4, 000 a year tuition reimbursement, and they even paid for my school books when I gave them the receipt!
is there any future in promotions? yes there is. once I get my degree from college I will have the chance to move up in the company.
and any other specifications about the job? it's not easy work. you are constantly moving about and lifting stuff. lots of people quit the first week. because of this, UPS seems to be always hiring. I would look into it if you don't mind a little physical work out

the pay sounds good, but when i looked on career builders website i didnt see any more job openings. i wouldnt mind the physical part, but i have "computer geek arms" so it would take awhile for my body to get used to the labor, but for that pay, i wouldnt care.

thanks to everyone for their replys, this is very very very greatly appriciated.
i love your input like a fat kid loves cake [no offence to "big" people here...im kinda one of you, so dont freakout on me]
you have no idea how much i value your responces.
keep the replys comming.
thanks again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.