• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

generic adderall vs brand name

why is it that all of the people that have the most information about how the generics dont come close to brand names only have like 1 or 2 posts?

makes me wonder if these people work for the brand name adderall company or something and are trying to boost revenue. its just kind of weird. and then you always see some "1-poster" bumping this thread from 3 years ago.

I thought the same thing Korn ^^ we've been infiltrated by pharmacy reps and marketers. They all had like one or two posts ever and ressurected this old thread. But I like this thread.

They are all basically the same including dexedrine. Slight differences. But noticeable.

I thought the same thing Korn ^^ we've been infiltrated by pharmacy reps and marketers. They all had like one or two posts ever and ressurected this old thread. But I like this thread.

They are all basically the same including dexedrine. Slight differences. But noticeable.

ya lol exactly. it always disappears and then some 1 poster ressurects it and brings it back. so true lol.

definitely a noticable difference!

I have been on the brand name adderall for 3 years. The only negative effect I ever had with it was grinding my teeth. Because my new insurance has put a $2000 cap on my prescriptions (brand adderall is $400 a month for me), four months into my new insurance, I am forced to buy the generic (about $80 for 60 20mg pills without insurance). I immediately noticed a difference the first day. It made my heart race, gave me an upset stomach, and the comedown was awful. It still interferes with my sleep, a week into the drug, even though I take the IR pills at around 11am, and head to bed at eleven that night. There is no way this is the exact same drug.

I took both generic as well as brand name and I felt equally crappy with both. I was prescribed it way back when (but my doc prescribed it to literally EVERYONE who walked into his office...so basically I didn't really NEED it). Anyway...I was taking 30mg twice a day and at the time, I was getting clean from heroin, so really it felt like serious coke comedown like CONSTANTLY. I know what you're talking about when you say you had those "frozen" headaches. It's annoying as shit! I had to take myself off it and sell what I had left. It was stupid. I take Depakote now, and it's okay-just a super high dosage; 1000mg a day.

But hey, if it works for you, then have at it! =D

My brother was a pharmacist for 12 years, 5 years ago he went to work for Merck as a research chemist. He tries his best not to roll his eyes when people say generics are not as good ad brands. I have heard him many times point out, as others here have posted, that federal regulations REQUIRE the exact types and amounts of the active chemicals to make any generic drug be exactly the same as the brand name. There may be a slight differences in some fillers and binders-but those must also meet stringent requirements proving they do not alter the underlying medicine. I have NEVER ,EVER noticed any difference between generic and brand names. And I trust my brother, plus other research I've done. Keep looking into to it folks.

I have noticed huge differences between Barr and CorePharma.

The Barrs give me more of an upset stomach, but the CP's seem to be half as potent.
It was easier to take 4 CP's than 2 Barr's though - and they had the same effect.

I'm going to look for Sandoz now.

Does anyone know of a pharmacy that carries Sandoz? I know my WalGreens and Kmart dont.

There is a difference.

Read:

The FDA and Barr Laboratories, Inc. have announced a recall for generic Adderall tablets that may contain more of the active pharmaceutical ingredients than they are supposed to have, posing a risk of serious side effects among users of the ADHD drug.

The generic drug recall was issued on August 14 for one lot of Dextroamphetamine Saccharate, Amphetamine Aspartate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate and Amphetamine Sulfate (mixed amphetamine salts) 20 mg tablets, which were sold in 100 count bottles. Some of the tablets from lot 311756 could contain tablets exceed weight requirements, which may result in super-potent pills.

The generic Adderall tablets are approved to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy, and are also often used off-label for weight loss. The 20mg pills are oval and peach in color, with “b/973″ stamped on one side and “2/0” stamped on the other. The recalled Barr ADHD pills were distributed between June 11, 2009 and June 16, 2009, but could have been filled by a pharmacy after that.

Taking an oversized pill could lead to an overdose, with symptoms like palpitations, tachycardia, hypertension, headache, tremor, tic, dyskinesia, dizziness, blurred vision, sweating, insomnia, agitation, euphoria, mania, anxiety, restlessness, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth and decreased appetite.

No injuries have been reported in connection with the oversized tablets, according to Barr Laboratories. Consumers who have any of the recalled dextroamphetamine/amphetamine tablets have been advised to stop using the drug and contact their doctor or pharmacist. Any adverse reactions should be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch program.

The recall is the latest in a string of recalls involving generic drugs that were distributed with too much of the active medication in each tablet.

In late June 2009, U.S. Marshals raided generic drug manufacturer Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd., shutting down production due to unsafe manufacturing processes that allowed similar problems to occur. In March, Caraco issued a generic digoxin recall for tablets of their heart medication due to irregular sized pills.

In April 2008, a Digitek recall was issued by Actavis Totowa for their brand of digoxin which were distributed with up to twice the appropriate amount of the active pharmaceutical ingredient. At least 667 deaths from digoxin overdose were linked to the recalled Digitek tablets in FDA adverse event reports following the announcement of the manufacturing problems.

Last year, generic drug maker Ethex Corp suspended manufacturing and shipments for all products after issuing several generic drug recalls due to oversized tablets. Among tablets that were distributed with too much of the active medication were generic versions of morphine, which could cause a potentially fatal morphine overdose. Also included in the recall were dextroamphetamine tablets that were generic versions of Dexedrine and Dextrostate

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/generic-adderall-recall-barr-dextroamphetamine-amphetamine-5459/

This is such a common problem with generic adderall. I see this thread at least every week or so. I'm convinced the generic don't work as well.

-lenses

The okly conceivable difference is that they contain an inert ingedient that the others don't that you have an allergic type reaction to, but other than such a rare occurrance, they contain exactly the same amount of drug. If they're from someone & not a pharmacy, then you can't compare as the person might have bought countergiet pills on the internet etc, in which case there could be anything in them

Summary: If they're from a pharmacy, it's all in your head unless they're the recalled ones mentioned above. Another druggie myth

Last edited:
its all in your head. Maybe the inactive ingrs. are slightly different but that should not effect the active ingredients "various d and l amphetamine salts" 20 mgs is 20mgs.

If you think branded meds are better, then the companies are doing their job.