Weight Gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uprising

Bluelighter
Right I need to put on weight and no amount of food will do this I have tried eating a huge diet (lots of chicken,pasta,red meat etc) to try and put on weight with very limited results and even one late night and I'll lose weight, even drinking makes me lose it.

What's the best supplement for weight gain?

You in fact CAN eat enough to gain wait. Everyone can. You are either working out too much and overtraining or you simlpy aren't eating enough. Try eating 6-7 meals a day and just keep packing the calories in.

^Yeah,no supplement is gonna be better than food. Do you eat good during the week then get all fucked up on the weekend and live of booze or dope? I have a friend who does this and he's always saying "Man,i'm stuck.I can't get any bigger." Makes me wanna backhand himin the mouth.

True that, I found that even if i eat like a beast mon-fri at 5000-6000 clean calories, the right macros, and I still seem to gain no weight because I party too much on the weekend. I know this because before when i partied little and ate very well throughout the week, I would gain weight(mainly muscle) like crazy. Only thing you need is dedication/plenty of food/right routine/enough sleep.

My diet consists of about 5 or 6 good meals per day, mostly meat and other fatty stuff plus a lot of carbs. I've stopped caining drugs (including smoking pot) and stopped staying up late on weekends and kept alcohol to a lower level because that would make me lose weight. I can put weight on my face and that does show but I can't put weight on my arms and legs and I've managed a little on my abdomen although very little it's a noticable difference. I can't get any further though. I have stopped working out and doing a lot of excercise, only thing I have been doing is walking and other normal day to day stuff, no training.

Look, either way I'm going to try some sort of weight gain... I'm asking which in your opinion(s) would be best? Not meaning to sound like an ass but I seem to have a very quick metabolism, always been the same. I can lose a fair bit on a hard night out but it's so hard to put it on so now I've stopped all the partying and stuff and I have put a little on but not a lot.

Post your current height, weight and diet in this format:

7am
100g Oats
10 Egg whites scrambled

10am
200g chicken breast
150g basmati rice

Height: 5"6
Weight: 9 Stone (I think there's 14lb in every stone) that's all I know my weight in.

Diet on an average day (I don't know it gramn for gramn).

7:30am- Two Bowls of Porrridge

9:30am- Bacon/ Sausage Sandwich

Mid-Morning- Oat bar/ other snacky food

12:00- Ham+Pineapple Pizza + Snack

3:00pm- Sandwich of some sort

5:00pm- BIG plate of chicken pasta/ beef stew/ cooked dinner alternatively (always with salad/veg)

5:30pm- Snack

10pm- Cereal+Milk before bed

I drink Isotonic drinks and milkshakes typically throughout the day, along with the odd cup of tea. There's always little snacks inbetween too because the more I eat the more I get hungry.

I think that's pretty balanced? I really do try, I'm not looking for a short cut I know full well supplements do not substitute a good diet.

^^ I am also doing no training whatsoever and haven't for about 3 or 4 weeks.

^Your not workingout at all? Are you just trying to get fat? I suggest a good workout program,with heavy weights and limited cardio.

Uprising said:
Height: 5"6
Weight: 9 Stone (I think there's 14lb in every stone) that's all I know my weight in.

Diet on an average day (I don't know it gramn for gramn).

7:30am- Two Bowls of Porrridge

9:30am- Bacon/ Sausage Sandwich

Mid-Morning- Oat bar/ other snacky food

12:00- Ham+Pineapple Pizza + Snack

3:00pm- Sandwich of some sort

5:00pm- BIG plate of chicken pasta/ beef stew/ cooked dinner alternatively (always with salad/veg)

5:30pm- Snack

10pm- Cereal+Milk before bed

I drink Isotonic drinks and milkshakes typically throughout the day, along with the odd cup of tea. There's always little snacks inbetween too because the more I eat the more I get hungry.

I think that's pretty balanced? I really do try, I'm not looking for a short cut I know full well supplements do not substitute a good diet.

BINGO. The above is your problem.

Thats NOT a diet at all bud. Comon. before you turn to mega-calorie supplements, try getting eating right.

Now, if you REALLY want to be SERIOUS about this then just follow EXACTLY what I say, EVERYDAY, for a month straight and I GUARANTEE on my NUTS itll work. I dont care how 'repetetive' the food is, I dont care how it tastes like ass, I dont care if it makes your tummy hurt or if it makes your gas vacate the neighborhood, but IF YOU CARE about these things then it aint gonna work. ALL I ASK is you do it for at least 4 weeks.

If your WILLING to give it 4 weeks regardless of how nasty you think the food items may taste or how plain, boring and dreadfully repetetive it gets.. then I will write something VERY simple for you to follow that will work absolutely great assuming you actually follow it perfectly.

The BEAUTY about diet, is unlike steroids or supplements, food ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, ALWAYS, works :)

Amen. Clean up your diet, start lifting heavy, and that's all you need.

A wise man once said "To get big, you must eat big and lift big." That's really all there is to it.

Well I stopped working out thinking I'd put more fat on... and then I could lift and get my muscles.

What's your diet suggestion then Pharaoh? Im all ears :)

Now why on earth would you wanna get fat on purpose?? Gaining fat doesn't translate to building muscle more easily. In fact, it's gonna make it more difficult. Fat does not convert to muscle, so it's not like you can "get fat" and then work out to turn your fat into muscle. Muscle and fat are two completely different things. By doing that, what will happen is you'll atrophy your muscles and become even more out of shape, which, as a result, will make it more difficult for you to build that muscle again, and make your gains even less apparent.

Yeah but I still don't want to be as skinny as I am, I do not want to be fat by any means but I don't like how skinny I am. I wanna put on weight and train to beef out a little, I'm not looking for mahoosive gains.

If you don't have the time or the patience to stick to a STRICT diet, simply try to eat as best (i.e. balanced) as you can, take PURE creatine and protein supplements and lift regularly (remember: "heavy" lifting doesn't mean more weight, strict form is the key).

I've been doing this off and on for years and started doing it again religiously about a month ago. In 3 weeks, I put on almost 10 lbs of mass (mostly muscle). Unfortunately, my pudge remained, but that's my own fault. 8)

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Good advice guys. If you can't eat enough to gain weight, no supplement is going to help you do it. Even WITH the best supplements in the world (ie, steroids) if you don't eat enough, you will NOT put on muscle. Sure, you'll put on a ton of water weight and look huge, but as soon as you stop the juice...you go back to your skinny self.

Eat, Eat, Eat...nuff said.

Riot Act said:
In 3 weeks, I put on almost 10 lbs of mass (mostly muscle).
Unless you're on anabolics, the most muscle you could have gained in that time is ~3lbs, and that's if you were dedicated and dilligent. It's pretty hard to put on more than a pound of muscle per week.

BreakzHabit said:
Unless you're on anabolics, the most muscle you could have gained in that time is ~3lbs, and that's if you were dedicated and dilligent. It's pretty hard to put on more than a pound of muscle per week.

No anabolics.

Hmmmm...Well, I'm using an old floor scale and it IS pretty unreliable (3-5 lbs differences daily), so I guess I was just OVERcompensating. ;) Still, there has been a very big improvement. I'd say maybe 4-5 pounds in about 6-weeks (the 3-week figure was just the most intense period).

I apologize if I mislead the original poster with my miscalculations and over-estimations.

I agree with everyone, but I would add that you should drink a lot of water too.

Status
Not open for further replies.