• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

amphetamine in europe, "base" going "bad" etc. questions

It's not just europe, here in the states the rumor is that ice goes bad after a week. Of course the same people say it's made with gun blueing and charcoal and string (not synth talk because it's utter nonsense) and even that it isn't really meth but a fungus!?!?! BTW why is speed in europe usually amphetamine rather than meth like here?

IIRC, PPA is more available as a precursor in Europe (not p2p though, right?), while 'chemists' in the US are relegated to pseudoephedrine.

ebola

^^That was what I was wondering, didn't want to phrase it so it came off as a synth question.

yeah, i had the same question. why just amp in europe and methamp in the US? ppa is the precursor for amphetamine?

What do you mean only amp. in europe? Last 5 years or so I've seen nothing but meth around here.

The difference as I see it is that most US meth seems to be d-meth made from pseudo, while european meth is racemic, made from p2p.

where I live amphetamines come mainly in powder form and in a very bad quality.

Someone who isn't me saw some amphetamine that was white but turned pink obe time, about 3 weeks. Why would that happen?

I've seen amphetamine turn yellow very quickly when exposed to air and even when dissolved in large amounts of water the water would turn yellow after a short while which would not happen when acid is added to the water (phosphoric acid).

must be the cuts that change, although some interesting things happen to TMA-2 sulphate over time, which doen't occur with the HCL salt, dont think sulpuric acid can cleave phenyl ethers....

Actually it can, it's a fairly easy way of making syringaldehyde from guess what (trying to be vague enough :)) I guess it works on other things too.

if it is yellow & smells it can't be pure.

20863509.jpg

after cleaning it with iso and metanol it turns light rosed, and after cleaning with acetone it turns cristal white.

Yes, yellow is usually sulphuric leftovers. Pink you say? That's what happen if there is still benzylmethylketone present. I think most speed in europe comes from bmk instead of ephedrine... easier here due to diffirent laws. If it's pure it smells like lovely geraniums <3

However I do know there is quite some methamphetamine production in the Netherlands but most of it gets exported instead of distributed. Those dutch have problems enough with normal sulphate already...

It degrades if you just leave it in the open vulnerable to air and light... But that's neglectable, it's really a small percentage. I don't think it's that dumb to put it in the freezer and in the dark... Some of your product evaporates aswell when it has been made wet or is wet and you're waiting for it to dry.

As far as I know, speed and base are Amphetamine Sulphate.

Base is just mxed with water (and whatever) to make it gooey and, as you say, make it weigh more. If you leave it out of the freezer, the water just evapourates and it turns into somthing a hard block that resembles white chalk. From there it can be broken up and crushed into powder. It certainly doesn't go bad!

Speed is uaully just the power but with more cutting agent added.

^this exactly. Leave it out (maybe even for weeks) and you will end up with a much nicer product. I saw some before and after pics, worth the time. By 'Going Bad' maybe that's just people who realize the weight drops as it hardens up. Like you could have 50 grams, and lose over 10 'curing' it.

Dealers making shit up generally makes for a lot of stupid myths
'uhh ya... leave it in the freezer or it will go bad....' haha I could see this being a dealer legend started to keep people from realizing they are paying for water or unevaporated solvents

(oh wow just noticed the first post is from 06 lol)

Last edited:
If it's pure it smells like lovely geraniums
yes thats true all speed you can get in my part of germany smells exactly like this ^^

problem with meth is (at least where I live) that it is considered a way harder and more dangerous drug neraly on par with heroin. I think a lot of people here would do speed every weekend but if you gave them meth they would not touch it.

speed myth and lore is almost as dumb as the cannabis myths and lore, and the discussion goes on and on and on.

1. Pure amphetamine sulfate has no odour and no color, any odour is due to impurities. pure amphetamine sulphate degrades slowly over time especially if it gets damp.

2 Amphetamine sulphate is hygroscopic ie it absorbs water from the air so just leaving it out, unless you live in a desert, is not really going to dry it.

3 Base is almost always already cut usually with lactose

4 Almost all clandestine amphetamine contains free sulfuric acid which slowly destroys amphetamine, though it reacts with and darkens the cuts more rapidly. old seized samples are often discolored and on analysis often do have reduced amounts of amphetamine compared to when they were freshly seized. The purity/assay of all clandestine amphetamine is pretty fucking low in any case. Typically 20-30% for 'base' and less than 10% for speed. Higher purity stuff does appear as it did last year across Europe but it is rare.

for years the same half facts and rubbish has been posted again and again on teh interwebs, If you look hard enough I bet there is an identical thread to this one on alt.drugs.chemistry. its a bit boring.

Last edited: