• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Extraction

rogan said:
Used this method a few times, stuffed up a few times - even once successfully did it with sudsy ammonia. But generally for doses less than 1g I prefer just to chug syrup - a more reliable experience, but then again I don't really get bad nausea from the syrup.

You sick fuck;)

Bumping due to the recent DXM threads, I'd rather see somebody extract DXM than take Coricidin.

trip.more said:
You could add HCL and avoid the nasty lemon juice.

Yeah.....that's at the bottom of the guide :p

Also, if you don't want lemon juice with your extraction, just drink soda instead and parachute it.

I think I may just try this....but im not sure. I may have lost the magic of dex. Last time I dosed 840 I tripped...but just barely. Not what I expected from an 840mg trip. Hadn't done it in a few months either, so im not sure. Use to abuse the shit before I got my head straight and learned about drugs in general. So that may be why I have lost the magic.

tass4243 said:
I think I may just try this....but im not sure. I may have lost the magic of dex. Last time I dosed 840 I tripped...but just barely. Not what I expected from an 840mg trip. Hadn't done it in a few months either, so im not sure. Use to abuse the shit before I got my head straight and learned about drugs in general. So that may be why I have lost the magic.

The extraction is easier than it looks here, and if you extract two 8oz robo max bottles, use all the dxm in one trip (assuming you don't weigh like 110 lb)

Extracted dxm, or straight ordered DXM online both feel very different than when you chug bottles or take gel caps. It feels....cleaner, and good. DXM has always been known for either making you visit aliens living on the back of your skull, or just walking around watery-feeling the next trip, kinda hit and miss sometimes, but you should be fine if you try this.

you are a good guy ;)

agent lemon always left me with brown gooey stuff which went moldy in the fridge. and the citric acid hurt my teeth so bad :\ This sounds so much better.

Do you have any ideas about the yields? I'm really tempted to try this next friday, but we have no glass-baking thing. Only thing similar to that would be a large flat black plate. Could that work?

What about taking a perfectly smooth piece of glass and adding borders with silicone or something else? My guess would be that too much of the crystals would end up near the border so that it would be a pain in the neck to collect them all.

Doing the extraction carefully with multiple naphtha rinses will give 90%+ yields, its not a difficult goal - just takes a bit more time. The problem however is depending on how you ingest it, it will not be absorbed as good as the syrup. My most success has been mixing a shot of syrup (contains PEG to help absorption) with a shot of vodka and the extracted powder to make the worlds worst tasting cocktail :p so good extraction + efficient consumption will be as strong as consuming the equivalent syrup.

Is the black plate metal? if so don't use. No white baking dishes or anything around? I wouldn't try the silicone because in my experience a decent amount of the crystals do end up at the edges. Otherwise just buy a glass baking dish, costs less than $5.

no, the plate is black ceramic, so smooth that i could use it as a mirror, so i guess it will be fine.

thanks for info

Yep it will be fine, just use bright light to make sure there is no dots of red/pink in the powder that would indicate ammonia.

okay, i just run through the whole town, checking every Pharmacy / Drugmart and geting my hands on Cough-Syrup with DXM only and all the other stuff needed.
Now i have roughly 5l of cough syrup and i want to get this started. I will make my first trial with 500 ml, which contains 1,5g of dxm in total, just to familiarize myself with the method.
I will wash the Syrup 4 times, just to get all of the DXM out of it.

I will probably go for 4 batches, because 4,5 l of syrup at once is just nuts imho. And if i should screw up i won't loose all of it. It wasn't cheap and verry time-consuming to check all the phamacys :D

I will post results and yields later, but i can't get pictures :( If that should work and give me lots of DXM i will consider buying a digital scale and get started on some even lager extractions. Any ideas about how long you can store the crystals for untill thex ged bad or something?

Hey Mr. Steak - couple of questions for you...

1) Do you mind being called Mr. Steak? :)
2) Those pictures you have - are they all "DEXTROMETHORPHANHYDROCHLORATE" as opposed to just freebase?
3) Is muriatic acid the same as hydrochloric acid?

I tried the freebase method, but used a hair dryer to dry the final liquid in a (too) small plate. I didn't see any residue and a bunch of crap flew into the plate while I was drying it. So - if you try to dry your liquid the same way, make sure there isn't a lot of debris around! Anyway, I just got mad, threw the plate in the sink and chugged the other bottle down. Tripped balls, btw.

Thanks for everything!

awesome...

after a tedious and awfully precise procedure i got 1,25 g snow white powder. 85 % yield, that's not bad.

I washed the syrup + the gunk 5 times just to be sure, and it isn't hard to do at all. It's rather easy. To be honest, i'm amazed how easy that was. Now i need to clean up my garage lol. Got a light headache from the fumes tho. Next time i shoud add some fans to my garage.
I put the powder in the oven for 15 minutes at 80°C just to drive the least bit of moisture out of it, worked just fine.

I will down about 500mg in a small shot of vodka and enjoy a SMOOTH trip. So for how long can i keep this stuff siting around in my shelf?

thanks for everything, you're the man

//@Yippee Skippy: Look at the plate in the sink again, maybe crystals formed by now. I had a white gooey substance in there and after a while the first crystal appeared. Just don't wash it away and let it sit for a while

rave23 said:
//@Yippee Skippy: Look at the plate in the sink again, maybe crystals formed by now. I had a white gooey substance in there and after a while the first crystal appeared. Just don't wash it away and let it sit for a while

I threw the plate in my sink fulla dirty dishes in disgust. Aside from the other airborne junk that the hair dryer blew into it, only God knows what other stuff got mixed from there!

I'll try again soon though. I did it w/1 bottle in case I fucked it up somehow. I suspect that the small yield was why it looked like there was nothing there.

So for how long can i keep this stuff siting around in my shelf?
Put it in an airtight container, store that somewhere dark and cool. Will last months or maybe even years.

Let us know how the trip goes!

Yippee Skippy said:
Hey Mr. Steak - couple of questions for you...

1) Do you mind being called Mr. Steak? :)
2) Those pictures you have - are they all "DEXTROMETHORPHANHYDROCHLORATE" as opposed to just freebase?
3) Is muriatic acid the same as hydrochloric acid?

I tried the freebase method, but used a hair dryer to dry the final liquid in a (too) small plate. I didn't see any residue and a bunch of crap flew into the plate while I was drying it. So - if you try to dry your liquid the same way, make sure there isn't a lot of debris around! Anyway, I just got mad, threw the plate in the sink and chugged the other bottle down. Tripped balls, btw.

Thanks for everything!

1. Love it
2. Freebase actually
3. I myself don't mess around with anything but hydrochloric, so I don't know, maybe another poster here may.

Remember to blow dry (preferably) your "liquid" at the bottom of your plate until there is nothing but a thin coating of goo, and let that sit there until you see crystal sheets form.

From ye olde Wikipedia:

Hydrochloric acid, or muriatic acid by its historical but still occasionally used name, has been an important and frequently used chemical from early history...

...In less-demanding industry, technical-quality hydrochloric acid suffices for neutralizing waste streams and swimming pool treatment.

So, it sounds like it's the same stuff in different grades. Can hydrochloric acid be easily obtained?

But since your pictures are of the freebase and look great, maybe I won't worry about the next step requiring the acid anyway.

Thanks for everything!

rogan said:
Put it in an airtight container, store that somewhere dark and cool. Will last months or maybe even years.

Let us know how the trip goes!

wow, sorry, totaly forgot about that.
Trip was smooth as ice, without any nasty stuff like robo itch or the squirts ;)

this weekend i get started on the rest of the syrup.

Let me know how your extraction is going if you're giving it another shot

how fast is the freebase supposed to kick in again?
i parachuted about 650mg of crystals from a previous extraction yesterday and chased it down with a can of cola and it took about 1 hour for the trip to start. Is that normal? Should i try something with more acid to it? Maybe dissolving in Lemon Juice or something?
It's just as fast as the syrup then

i love the freebase so much <3 such a smooth and clean trip

There isn't really much you can do to jump start the trip. The syrup is designed for maximum absorption, i.e. DXM HBr + PEG. Dissolving it in lemon juice might help but considering you washed it down with cola I doubt the lemon juice will be much more acidic than cola.

The easiest would be to just put it in a shot of vodka.

what if i would convert it into Dextromethorphanhydrochlorate? Could i IV that stuff if i really wanted to?

edit: i know that IV'ing that sort of stuff isn't a good idea, i'm just curious. There's no way i would stick a needle into my arm and shoot something that i've extracted before

Last edited:
okay, wtf...

i got more naptha today, the same i got before. The only problem is that it evaporates not totaly, it leaves some sort of oily / soapy residue on the plate. However, my previous naptha evaporated without leaving anything. I washed the naptha with water like in the instructions several times, but it doesn't do anything to me.
Can i say the batch of the naptha is fucked up? I don't want to use ligter fluid tho...

HELP ME :(