• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Biking Nerds Unite

I commited to the 2010 MS-150 and Leadville 100; im just not in good enough shape this season. New training regimin starts tommorrow and thats over a year of training at altitude:)

I like all kinds of bicycles - wow I love to cycle on a summer's day...mmmm

It feels so free with the wind in your hair and when I listen to music on my ipod I feel like I can lift off almost - go really fast down a hill listening to "free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd...

I also like to cycle pretty slow, just chillin' with a friend and have a picnic, or just have a cycle on the road overlooking Brighton beach with the sun shining behind you, going down...
It feels good, it feels so peaceful.

"There are some fucking CRAZY ramps and jumps people have rigged up on the nearby mountains....it's intimidating even to walk on them.... "

Yeah we got some stuff like that here, like theres natural trails on hills here that people hjave ridden in and then some jumps that have been created on those paths people wore in. Haha sometimes people leave the buckets/shovels/whellbarrows they used to build them.. haha I picture them walking into the woods like that and someone seeing them and being like wtf.. lol

I like all kinds of bicycles - wow I love to cycle on a summer's day...mmmm

It feels so free with the wind in your hair and when I listen to music on my ipod I feel like I can lift off almost - go really fast down a hill listening to "free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd...

I also like to cycle pretty slow, just chillin' with a friend and have a picnic, or just have a cycle on the road overlooking Brighton beach with the sun shining behind you, going down...
It feels good, it feels so peaceful.

You got it man! Nothing finer than a bike ride... Ever try it with a doob? It's a whole different thing!

I live in a small town in the Canadian Rockies, and it's really all I need in terms of transport.

Which town? I spent the past 3 years in Jasper, it was a biker's paradise! Everything you need is quickly accessible by bike and everyone has one. If you want to hit the trails for miles and miles they're only 5 minutes away... God I miss that!

I'm looking to create the sceane where I live. Near the Canadian border, next to Lake ontarioo. Lots -n- lots of rednecks, just neeed somwhere to "set it up" i.e. wheelbarrors or tarps -n- shovels and such.

Jumps, jumps, jumps,

The best way to get in shape is to always bike everywhere as fast as you can.

Oh yeah. I lost nearly 5% body fat in a month just from riding to and from work when I was housesitting last summer. Granted, I live further away from work now than I did then, but I still can't wait to start riding again.

Clutch, I got it together. I cut my aheadset to length, neighbors fuckin' with me and everything. But everything is com'n together. My fathers got his 12 speed together with the road tires.

I have been to a spot in my head. I have a bus shecdule to the state park. It's not that far.
Gives me.........4-6 hrs ridin' time. It's the spot I've been talkin about.

oooh sheesh ~ I haven't been riding lately and in just one month (Woahh) myself and my dad and some of his mates are doing a big 5 day ride in up-down country ...

I best get some training in before hand ~ sheeeeeesh

I won't invest in a camera now because I dont have the money. I've got the good good fenders from www.pricepoint.com. I painted them with a spray paint for plastic. I bought the in house brand Sette front/back fender. It came stock with plastic pieces that go into the 1-1/8 steer fork tube. I found that the aheadset "flower" that attatches the neck to the stem works better. The back fender is o.k. It won't show it in the photo, but it has two allen bolts that 1. attatches the fender to seat post and 2. allows the fender to be set at a distance from back tire. "I found that when the forks squat and the tire touches the fender it puts off a sound. I've seen cars and motorcycles that fitted with types of metal that put off colored sparks when touched to ground. I'm thinking about something for my bike that can be put on and taken off easily."

I love biking, going to start biking to work again now the weather's nicer but i've been meaning to save up a bit for a real good racing bike for a while so i can do some long distance biking on my days off.

Bumpity bump!

I figured there was a cycling thread around here somewhere! Glad I found it. :)

I love biking, always have. I started biking 6ish miles almost every single day when I was around 13 (was my only transportation to/from town :p) and got serious about it when I was 17 or 18. Lost a ton of weight from it when I had gotten serious about it, but I wasn't serious about my diet: I was a major junk food Vegetarian back then. 8)

Now that I've got the hang of the "eating healthy" thing, I can't wait 'til it gets nicer so I can start biking every day. Did ten miles the other day and would've done longer had I taken enough water. Plan on doing a 20+ mile ride to school before the end of the semester in about a month. I think I can do 40 miles in a day, within a month, if I work up to it. :)

Anyone else have any biking goals for this summer? My goal right now is 40 in a day within a month. After I've accomplished that goal, I'll set the next. :p

Anyone ever do the MS-150??

A riding buddy of mine is trying to goat me into doing it again this year (did it in 2002, longest day (s) of my life) and I was in far better shape then.
I rode in one of those several years ago.

I ride everywhere. I don't mind rain, snow, or sleet. When it's icy, I put on studded tires. And the coldest I've biked in was -40 degrees. The only weather I absolutely HATE riding in is hot summer sun. I commute to work by bike (20 miles round trip). On days I don't bike, I RUN.

Thanks for restarting this thread. I found it when I searched, but was unsure if it was safe to post (scared look at mods).

Socko, you're nuts, kid. I don't mind riding in the rain at times, but I just did my first bikeride ever in the snow in the middle of a blizzard the other day... Not fun. (of course, I didn't have a jacket on, no gloves, and no proper footwear)

I'm really looking forward to the drier weather to get back into biking also. I will bike as long as it's not sopping wet on the ground and have a goal for the summer of riding 100 miles in one day (my God, am I going to be out there for a long time).

Who else can't wait until dry weather?! WHOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAHHHHH BABY. /end random excitement

I wear ski/snow mobile gear (ski goggles, balaclava, double gloves, boots, etc) during blizzards. Biked through 5 winters in Minnesota.

^ Well, when you put it that way, I think I can do that as well!

Also, Hell with it, it's time for a riiiiiide! I don't care if it's still wet outside.

I <3 riding. My bike was stolen last Sept, and I didn't have the money to get a new one until the middle of winter, so I saved up for a bit longer and upgraded to a full carbon fiber bike, shimano SPDs and Specialized Pro roda shoes. Can't wait to get on it and just fly.