• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate WDs?

infocon-delta

Greenlighter
Whenever Im ON opiates such as hydros it gives me like a energetic productive-like situation or something. But Im afraid whenever I am off of it I feel depressed and less energetic.

Caffeine does help. But I still feel depressed and emtpy..Is there something that can help this? opiate WDs SUCK BALLS....Your blood pressure goes sky high, you have night sweats, then your freezing, then your hot, then cold again, and I feel just depressed....

Can I get some pill from a GNC store that will help or something? I tried Kava, but it sucks. What about Yohimbe or some natural or semi-natural products that I can get. I am NOT looking for the buzz that hydros will give me. But when I am on them I feel energetic, and productive..Opiates even help me think and concentrate too.

Its not even like coffee...or drinking a energy drink which pumps the heart rate...Its hard to explain when I am ON these hydros. I have a buzz and a nod from them and then I am more productive...its hard to explain. Is there something similar out there?

Opiates even help me to think and concentrate more.

Last edited:
That's an efect you will experience with most substances of abuse (psychedelics, stimulants, opiates, etc...).
Once you begin to use them from times to times, you feel depressed when you are not on the drug...
That's how you become addicted to a drug, because the easiest solution if you don't wanna feel depressed the days you don't take your drug of choice, is to take this drug everyday...

yah during the wd i get really hyperactive and have a pretty psycho state of mind

but the worst is the lethargy and weeks or months of sleeping and being anxious that come after that.

nothing makes me more productive than opies

even speed and ritalin dont cure this lethargy they speed my thoughts up but not my actions.

welcome to the wonderfull world of downers

ive found the only way not to be an addict is to vary your downers , so after the opie wd comes the benzos and the booze and you have to accept feeling like shit from time to time.

Is there any OTC meds that will cure these WD symtoms? What about Diphenhydramine? Will that help a little? If that potentiates opiates, then I guess it will help the Wds?

Is there anything that I can from a GNC store...you know?? like L-Tyrosine or something like those that will take the edge off?

Last edited:
^
nope there are no otc meds for lethargy or depression

if you mean the actual wd , loperamide (immodium) is great takes care of the shits and makes you feel a bit better.

I like alchohol for how i feel afterwards and weed to fall asleep but this might be seen as trading one problem for the other .

I saw on here on this forum where the thread was titled "Opiate Survival Guide". I know it was here on Bluelight and I cannot remember who it was posted by...Can someone post that link for me here please?

I feel depressed and empty, sometimes I feel VERY tired and just coffee seems to wake my spirits up...

How long do the physical WD symtoms last for mild Wds? I feel body aches, I have night-sweats and sometimes I feel cold when its actually hot outside...

How long do these symptoms last. And what can I do to fight the depression? If I go to the dr, I dont wanna tell him to prescribe me Prozac or something...

My physical WD symptoms are pretty much over now, but my depression just still lingers with me. What can I do? How long this depression will last?

I just dont have the energy anymore that I used to have while on opiates.

How do these rehab centers desl with the WDs of opiates? Has anyone been there?

How long were you addicted to opiates and how long you been clean? because even after the physical withdrawal is over(about a week depending on the opiate) it takes a good couple weeks before you feel any real enthusiasm for life. All i can say to comfort you is hang in there. sometime soon you'll think 'hey you know i feel pretty good again' its like returning from the dead if you've been a proper junky.

There are a couple of things you can try but nothing is foolproof. One thing that is prescription, but easy enough to get is Clonodine, a blood pressure med given in some American jails as a w/d aid. Over the counter though, you can get Loperamide, an anti-diahrreal which is actually structured like an opioid without the ability to cross the blood to brain barrier...think an opioid without the oomph. Some believe it helps, I have never found it so though.

WSB15 said:
By far the best OTC med for opiate WD is Immodium (Loperamide). Benadryl helps a little, particularly for sleep. As for prescription drugs, I would try to get any sleep aid (such as Ambien), Clonidine (an antihypertensive), and maybe some benzos, preferably longer-acting ones (such as Valium), although you will have to worry about habit-forming potential with benzos.

Exactly what he said^^

They should invent an "Opiate Withdrawal Pill", containing Loperamide + Clonidine + Diazepam.
Opiate Withdrawal would be much easier with these pills 3 times daily...

(in fact if I was a Heroin dealer, I would buy empty capsules, and make these pills myself. I would sell it to people in withdrawal with not enough money to but a gram of H... Good idea, don't you think?)

What drugs do rehab centers give to opiate junkies when there fighting mild WDs like me? What drugs do THEY have to fight the physical and mental WDs?

drfeelgood1 said:
What drugs do rehab centers give to opiate junkies when there fighting mild WDs like me? What drugs do THEY have to fight the physical and mental WDs?

Depends they eaither give methadone to the junkies or for just pill heads they give the best medicine out there for WD, suboxone.

I heard Soboxone is better than Methadone from many people. I was hooked on Hydros.

Many people dont beleive me but these pain pills like hydrocodone ARE MORE or equally as addictive as Heroin. Trust me....IT IS....I had been there and doing the battle by myself and it sucks..

And to all these people out here...PLEASE do not get hooked on these....Because life WILL SUCK without them...

All opiates are extemely habit forming...don't kid your self. Also many perfer Suboxone to Methadone because the half life is short and so withdrawl is quicker.....also suboxone takes away any craving for any outside drug and disables you from getting high on any outside opiate......

this is newtons LAW. For every ACTION, there is an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction. So you felt good while you were on the hydros and now life sucks without them. To every downhill, theres an uphill. But one thing I will say is, METHADONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Methadone is a miracle sent from god. It is also very addictive and the withdrawals are worse than any opiate in the world and i have been addicted to every opiate out there. So don't abuse it. The high sux anyway from what i think. But everyone is different. Just get your hands on some methadone or suboxone even.

I feel the pain. Opiate addiction is horrible...but I love it. I just hate having to hunt shit down all the damn time. Where I am from, its impossible to find a constant connection. So I experince withdrawls more often then I would like too. As I am right now. It sucks. Anyways, as for rehab and such, my dude back in Detroit was a horrible addict. He got busted with 500 vics. Anyways, they sent him to rehab, and just knocked him out for a couple of days through the physical shit, and then he did counseling for the mental addiction. Good luck! Wish me luck, as I am on the hunt as we speak! :)

Yea the physical symptoms are bad, but the depression and all the other shit afterwards is 10 times worse.....but the immodium helps right after somewhat. I would just try and go could turkey man, I have done it before and was clean for almost a year and still felt the depression and stuff. Yes you got options like Sub./ methadone but why be addicted to either one of those, if you are gonna be addicted to something at least cop a buzz off it

karloff123 said:
All opiates are extemely habit forming...don't kid your self. Also many perfer Suboxone to Methadone because the half life is short and so withdrawl is quicker.....also suboxone takes away any craving for any outside drug and disables you from getting high on any outside opiate......

Suboxone (Buprenorphine) has a very long half life. An average of 30-37.5 hrs. You should do some reading on the subject.