• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate WDs?

infocon-delta said:
Whenever Im ON opiates such as hydros it gives me like a energetic productive-like situation or something. But Im afraid whenever I am off of it I feel depressed and less energetic.

Opiates even help me to think and concentrate more.

these 2 sentences have been the very things that have been plaguing me for so long now I don't think I can do much without them effectivley..When I switched to H (for cost purposes or thats what I told myself) it spun even way more out of control like I couldnt face society (unless I was copping) till I was fixed and I detoxed luckily and found myself getting the patterns of normal thinking back and not feeling so 'plagued' by a high...I was stupid of course and months later ran into some 10/650 and thought I have no tolerance I can get messed and it brought me back to square one...Opiates are GREAT for the few who can be weekend warriors and the like, for me its closer to water than just a fun thing to be doing...

Stamina,
I couldn't agree more. Having medical problems, grey hair and not being broke, the DR's through this stuff at me.......(OC's my main passion)....the only "drug problem" I face is running out. SO, I work at arranging an inexhaustable supply, which disappears itself way before the renewal date....iamagine THAT! SO, I quit...............suboxone is good stuff........

Ive been going through some of the same problem's lately. I just came off opiates that i was taking for chronic pain and to catch a buzz. The main reason i came off them was because my tolerance was getting way to high for my liking.

Ive gone through the physical withdrawal's by now but i have no fucking motivation at all. I can barely get up enough energy to cook something to eat. Ive lost a fair bit of weight in the past week or so because i just cant be bothered to eat.

Even the wellbutrin im on doesn't seem to be helping and it is probley making my lack of appetite worse. The clonazepam im on help's abit though.

the only way to get rid of that post-opiate mania is to taper your dosage gradually.. or to dose rarely, like say once a week (if you must)

the only non-opiate that will help with wd is a benzo or a barbiturate. it won't get rid of wd, but will soothe you a bit.

unfortunately, nothing short of yoga (if you believe in that) and other pseudoscientific garbage will help.

Jus thought I would post as I have discovered a new wonder drug for w/d..(well imo anyway :p )

A few weeks ago I was given a trial prescription of seroquel, which is an anti-psychotic given to poeple with schizphrenia and bipolar, but has many off label uses like innsomnia etc. I was prescribed it for suspected bipolar, but mainly to take while I was trying to give up the pot so it would help me sleep and stabalise my moods.

Anyhoo..being the broke ass that I am, could not get on yesterday or today. Yesterday I was feeling aweful, so I decided to take one of these pills that I had, the seroquel. OMG, Amazing! You know how I know this?

I took one, my boy didn't. And the difference was unbelievable!

me (took seroquel): Was able to sleep. Had a few vivid dreams with waking a few times, but other than that...I felt normal! I mean, it has not taken away the physical symptoms..bt sheesh, it sure helped my mental state and allowed me to get some rest.

boy (did not take seroquel):Up all night...as you do when your hanging out!

I have done many detoxs in my tme..used every symptomatic relief under the sun..and boy george..let me tell you..I am mighty impressed with this!

Here is a link to the what the drug does..It has something ot do with the seratonin and dopamine receptors (or something like that)..and maybe I have stumbled onto a new symptomatic relief for opiot withdrawral..???????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

ETA:

ooh oooh..looks like I am not onto something "new"..ahhhh well.

http://www.psychiatrist.com/abstracts/200510/100511.htm

Last edited:
seroquel will just knock you out though.

have you taken it while you were awake? you become a sloppy mess, and it doesn't stabilize your mood unless you take it for a couple of weeks.

of course it's good that you got some sleep and all.. what i fear is that it will make tremor much worse.. and make you very hungry, which will force you to eat and ultimately vomit during withdrawal.. no? i've taken seroquel so i know what it does.. but never for wd

Ive taken seroquel for opiate withdrawal's and i did find that it worked pretty good. It doesn't usually make me very drowsy especially when im manic but it does calm me down and let me sleep when im sick. I used that along with clonazepam and the withdrawal wasn't to bad.

It also stop's the headfuck that comes with opiate withdrawal's which is just as bad as the physical pain's of it.

I never have thought about using seroquel but its not a bad idea to use it i guess when have opiates wd. When i'm in the wd mode I can't sleep and ill and throwing up, not a bad idea to have some seroquel laying around when finished up your last opiates ;)

Thanks for the idea
Peace

paranoid android said:
It also stop's the headfuck that comes with opiate withdrawal's which is just as bad as the physical pain's of it.

Exactly! This is what I was trying to get at the other day..it was able to calm down my mind and somewhat supress the cravings.

I am defiantley going to keep some handy for these types of occassions.

guys im working on gettin off dope for the hundreth time.

im only 52hrs completely clean but i think ive found the solution:
(ill lay this out like it was your last use)
You use your DOC on friday night at 6 (like me)

(loperamide must be used as often as when you feel you need it. diphenhydramine is great to have around
Fri- high
Sat-startin to feel really bad towards end of the night. sleep is not possible even smokin the kb
Sun- you feel like SHIT. you want to use dope to make the pain go away. Go cop 4x ambien crs and 2x 5mg valium and more nuggets. after taking 2 of the ambiens (gotta snort em man!) you should feel "not in withdrawls"
Mon - gonna wake up to 50mg diph, followed by 10mg diazepam, maybe rail an ambien if your still fillin shitty. smoke a bunch of KB its almost over

WIll oxy 10mgs be any use for helpping reduce wd's after I've been smoking H for about 12 days or so? (When i finish my last bag it will be 2 x £40 bags worth to give some measure of quantity)