• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

True. It *could* be a vendor mix-up, and it's conceivable that you were sent 4-ACO-MET. Be cautious if you have yet to try it. The dosages are not equivalent

Has anyone had much success freebasing this from Fumarate using sodium carbonate. I tried the quick version I found online with a tiny test sample and couldn’t get it to precipitate.

I've had no luck either using sodium hydroxide....I even tried doing a pull with naphtha but it yielded nothing...looked like it would release into the solution despite making the solution alkaline

A bit of a head scratcher this one, I don’t want to waste anymore of what I have but really want to be able to vape this. Fingers crossed we can find a way.

What little was able to extract after wasting about 25grams left a few hundred milligrams of so of a inert substance.
It just doesnt freebase like dmt or dot does which works simply for me.
Very strange...

What little was able to extract after wasting about 25grams left a few hundred milligrams of so of a inert substance.
It just doesnt freebase like dmt or dot does which works simply for me.
Very strange...
That should say it dieznt freebase like dmt or DPT * does.
The edit button always deletes my post for some reason...

That should say it dieznt freebase like dmt or DPT * does.
The edit button always deletes my post for some reason...

I tried the 10 minute sodium carbonate tek and the oil collected on the surface like DMT does but then disappeared into the cloudy solution before I could get to it, very strange.

more research is needed. I’ll let you know if I manage it.

I saw your post before trying which is why I tried with such a small amount first, thanks for the heads up.

I am wondering if converting to acetate and freebasing with heat would work but I can’t remember if this was debunked. Off to research.

Silly idea, but some stuff like aluminium salts, phenols, etc precipitate then go back to solution if you use sodium or potassium hydroxyd, but precipitate ok with amoniac.
Just to test it, would you try a bit with nh4oh ?

Could you potentially make MET infused vape juice in the same way people are making DMT vape juice?

And man I forgot again, is this stuff that much nastier to smoke than DMT?

Sorry for double post another question, I know this stuff is relatively new, is there ANY reason imaginable that it would be dangerous to mix with MDMA? I'd like to use the MET infused vape juice on the tail-end of candyflips this summer, sounds like a good combo.

There should be no reason for it to be dangerous to mix with MDMA, as it is a serotonin agonist and not reuptake inhibitor or releaser.

A bit of a head scratcher this one, I don?t want to waste anymore of what I have but really want to be able to vape this. Fingers crossed we can find a way.

Would love to hear about it if you've had any success since this post!

Tried making a tiny bit of freebase 5-ho-met this evening using sodium carbonate, just a tiny bit on a spoon the ghetto way, its all dried now but im not sure when i'll actually try vaping it.

EDIT: *4 ho met

Last edited:
Wait, how would you turn MET into 5-HO-MET? Do you mean freebase MET?

My bad , I mean't 4-ho-met. I've had some 4 ho met sitting around for ages that I'm 99% sure is fumarate so thought i'd try and convert that fumarate to freebase before actually get and waste a bunch of MET if it doesn't work well. I know they're not the same, but it seems converting tryptamines to freebase from fumarate isn't always the easiest. Consulting the entire internet I can't any success stories of turning MET fumarate into freebase let alone brew up a working vape juice with it.

I had moderate success converting some of the MET I just got into freebase. I got about 80mg of freebase from 200mg of MET fumarate, which is a 50% yield.

I put the MET in a shot glass and added a few ml of potassium hydroxide solution and stirred it a little bit. Then I extracted it a few times with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Isopropanol isn't miscible with potassium hydroxide in water and forms a layer on top. I evaporated the alcohol and ended up with some brownish liquid MET freebase.

I vaporized a small amount in an oil burner and it was good. It was potent and the vapor wasn't nasty.

I had moderate success converting some of the MET I just got into freebase. I got about 80mg of freebase from 200mg of MET fumarate, which is a 50% yield.

I put the MET in a shot glass and added a few ml of potassium hydroxide solution and stirred it a little bit. Then I extracted it a few times with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Isopropanol isn't miscible with potassium hydroxide in water and forms a layer on top. I evaporated the alcohol and ended up with some brownish liquid MET freebase.

I vaporized a small amount in an oil burner and it was good. It was potent and the vapor wasn't nasty.

Very interesting! What made you choose that process over using sodium carbonate? Yours is the first actual success story i've read on getting any freebase out of the fumarate.