• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

SteveElektro

Bluelighter
Does anyone here use buprenorphine simply to get high?
How do you use it?
What do you think of the high?
What do you think of buprenorphine withdrawl as opposed to heroin withdrawl?

I use it occasionally (IV) as I have easier access to it than heroin (pricewise)
I personally find the high ok, but not nearly as good as heroin. Recently after a long binge on buprenorphine wiith occasional heroin use in between (which requires waiting for the bup. to wear off (harsh!), I found myself in a tight spot, no access to bup or any other opiate. Not because off money either, which made it all the more harsh. Anyway, I've had to go through withdrawl, its day 6 now. This is my second buprenorphine withdrawl, and I find it alot easier that heroin withdrawl!

Yes.
I put it under my tongue.
It's pretty good methadone meets tramadol.
Never experienced it because its so perfect for tapering with. It would be longer but probably less intense.

i was also wondering this. what is a good rec dose? i have a tolerance of about ~.2 smoked h, of course i can use much more, but this is the dose that i start to get a good buzz going

subutex for kicks

ive been using subutex for fun and rattles for years now.sublingual(under the tongue)great hit,not as good as smack though your right.4mls a good hit 8 can be good once yer used to it when yer on 16s start to give it a miss.a come down can last up to 2 weeks,ioften go as long as i can can withdrawing then have a few dabbles with the h to get over the last few tweaks.be careful though can be as bad as methadone for giving up long term abuse,ie,a living hell.take care and try to keep em for comedowns and the odd bit of fun;)

If you don't have a huge tolerance to stronger Opiates like Heroin, Hydromorphone or Fentanyl, Buprenorphine can get you really high.

It's a very euphoric, very long-lasting (20 hours) high.

If you have no tolerance, begin with less than 0,5mg, be careful, it's really strong!
(When I tried it for the first time, I had a very low tolerance to opiates, and I needed 8mg Bupe to get me high...)

Take the time to find the right dosage for you.
(Shooting it is better than snorting it, which is better than taking it sublingually)

I think bupe is way under-rated for recreational usage. I love the stuff, I actually used it for over a year having tried heroin, morphine and codeine, still prefering bupe by far. I love(d) the stimulating happy high.:D
--------------------->
Got VERY addicted, I knew the guy who imported the subs to my town so I got them for free for selling a couple. I had a month of HELL. I had no drugs to ease it either but zopiclone. My whole family suddenly got sleeping problems;), I ate loads of them, but I only felt good when I got a beer or two of my dad... the wd i s BAD, the milder wd compared to heroin is made up for by the much longer duration of the bupe wd:X
----------------------->
I developed the taste for heroin later, and it drove me to the ground, but I got off it and nowI use bupe bought illegaly.
---------------------->
I can still get a good high from it, but I have to double my dose or more. If I get over my ceiling dose it just lasts longer. Thats around 5-6mg for me. I try to keep it to 2mg a day(IV'ed, bupe is best injected IMO), but I often take more, without the tolerance being a problem. If I try and go under 2mg I get problems...8(
------------------------>
For beginners I recomend 1mg MAX snorted, and wait a full hour before redosing when snorting. If you shoot, try 2-4mg if you need a good 0,1'er of dope to get high.
If you wan't to get a nod of it smoke weed or take sedating benzos, bupe is GREAT with benzos. Klonopin(not sedating enough for me), mogadon, valium or anything really...:D
------------------------>
I am on 4-5mg(three shots)bupe, 20mg valium, 2mg klonopin, 5mg mogadon, and 450mg lyrica(which is like bupe's missing twin sister thats found by me;) ). I feel perfect=D

I started doing buprenorphine (subutex) before any heavy opiates, i had done
light weight opiates like tramadol and kodein before but not so much so i had any
tolerance to speak of. Either way, i started snorting the bupe and my doses were
like 0.2-0.3mg twice a day... talk about a cheap high! Then after a while of constant Bupe use it just stop
working... you get no "high feeling" so i started IVing it and i got "high" of it again but now at much larger doses like 4-8mg in one dose, did IV it for a year
then i began to slam morphine, heroin and oxycodone..

Now im just rambling, but the truth is that BUPRENORPHINE has become a BIG
problem in Sweden.. it wasnt as bad when i started doing it a couple of years ago, but now its BIG.

Does nothing to me, I can take up to 32mgs, I even shot 12 once. I guess just been taking it to long.

I ordered it from an overseas pharm before it was regularly used as a treatment for heroin, or used for fun.

I forget the doseage I received. But I would crush and snort those little buggers. I think I ordered 30 and they lasted me abotu a week. I was really opiate naive at the time as well.

I did enjoy them, no doubt. But they made me super itchy and really tired (not like the opiate tired/nod). The high laster forever. While I'd like to go back and compare and contrast now that Ive experienced enough opiates....if memeroy serves, if you had vikes and bupe sitting in front of me and said I could only take one or the other, I'd take the vikes.

PhillyDedHed said:
Does nothing to me, I can take up to 32mgs, I even shot 12 once. I guess just been taking it to long.

Does nothing to me anymore neither, its just when you have low-to-none tolerance to opiates it will give a high.
If you are on heavy opiates, then bupe will only at its best "not make you sick".

I had a long heavy opiate addiction, heroin,oxycodone as maindrugs. Did a program not long ago and was clean for
about 8 months and the first i did when i was though the program was to shoot
up 2mg's of Bupe and i got high, at first it was nice as it was years ago but then
it just made me feel nasseus(sp).

Where does all the fucking bupe come from? Rehab doctors? Rehab doctors are the only scenerio where you would get bupe for the most part in the US. I have met a doctor that RXes bupe for pain though. Good choice if you ask me. Your patient doesn't get 'high' high but still gets plenty relief. I would never rx a patient something as euphoric as oxycontin.

edit:

A lot of people that abuse oxycodone/hydrocodone (i guess heroin), get used to that mu1,2 stimulation. Its simply not there with bupe. And thats the thing that is hard for me to get over. So with bupe you get to not withdrawl or feel depressed, but you just have to deal with the lack of euphoria. Then later on, you can deal with physical withdrawls. It takes 6 months for your body not even to consider snorting OC (if thats ur thing) when you think about what you wana do that day. I dunno. I just think bupe is great for detox

Just a warning to anyone interested in trying buprenorphine when they don't have any tolerance to opiates, GO EASY! I've seen someone who never used any opiates before have 8mg of bup, then stumble around for three days not knowing what the fuck was going on around them, so only use a dose that high if you have a large opiate tolerance, else as hashforlife said, 1mg should be fine.

I get mine from a psychiatrist not a rehab doctor, was on Suboxone for 3months now i'm on Subutex which tastes TERRIBLE

SteveElektro said:
Just a warning to anyone interested in trying buprenorphine when they don't have any tolerance to opiates, GO EASY! I've seen someone who never used any opiates before have 8mg of bup, then stumble around for three days not knowing what the fuck was going on around them, so only use a dose that high if you have a large opiate tolerance, else as hashforlife said, 1mg should be fine.

AGREE!
New people who has NO tolerance to talk about or a very little that they got from
like codeine or tramadol... take small doses of bupe, like 0.2mg - 0.3mg!

villain said:
AGREE!
New people who has NO tolerance to talk about or a very little that they got from
like codeine or tramadol... take small doses of bupe, like 0.2mg - 0.3mg!

I agree too.

I think bupe just works for some people, I can always get high from it. Many I know can't no matter what the dosage, and they aren't all smack-heads either.......

i take 2mg with no tolerance, all my mates only do a single milligram.

like everyone else has mentioned, start slow, cos if you overdose (rec OD, not dangerous OD) you'll be fucked up for atleast 12 hours with no energy and an intense need to hug the toilet/bucket/pizza box and expel your stomach contents for the duration. My mate's mate took about 4mg with no tolerance and had to ride the above experience out.

with no tolerance even 1 mg can be too much for a person. Ive seen many people puke for 2 days straight from 2mg only. On the other hand im on 6mg right now and its the shit lol.

My friends, their opiate experiences were limited to maybe 20mg or 40mg of hydrocodone max. They got their hands on Suboxone in 8mg form and it overwhelmed them. One kid prefered it to vicodin once he got used to it. They told me this and I got super excited when I found out I was getting it for OC detox.... I was super let down. It did get rid of my WDs, no doubt, but no recreational value at all. It would make me tired, and I don't mean nod tired, just tired.

The good thing was that if I took a valium or 2 or smoked a bowl I'd get sky high. Sooooo I guess I wouldn't mind having it around.