• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

This thread makes me want to die. I showed it to my friend who got me into this program. They said why would anyone want to get high on that shit. It's true, get a real drug. If it works for maintance, that's great. But if your taking it to get high. GET A REAL DRUG.

This thread makes me want to die. I showed it to my friend who got me into this program. They said why would anyone want to get high on that shit. It's true, get a real drug. If it works for maintance, that's great. But if your taking it to get high. GET A REAL DRUG.

you are a dipshit. suboxone is currently my second favorite opioid, the first is methadone. you know why? cuz suboxone keeps me high all fucking day. and it is a real drug. its a fucking opioid. ive done opiates for years, and i love it when my tolerance is low, cuz suboxone becomes good again. wtf is your problem anyway? what the fuck do you care what someone else takes to get high. punk.

i have very little opiate tolerance and i enjoy subtle, long-lasting and "mood enhancing" opiates. such as low doses of PPT, or tramadol. occasionally, i enjoy a stronger session with H also but do that once every three months or so. i use PPT/tramadol once a week.. one tramadol session one week, one PPT session the other week.

so i figured i'd enjoy bupe too & bought 50mg. good choice? i'll have my first chance to do a test drive next week. i'm planning on starting with 0.4mg sublingual, waiting an hour, and then boosting it with 0.2mg insufflated if needed.

what can i expect? how will the effects compare to full-agonists (M, H) in these kinds of doses, with my kind of tolerance?

I know what you mean with the 'mood enhancing'. I have been in subs for almost 2 years now and I currently take about 2mg a day. Everyday I get an "overall sense of well-being" when my sub kicks in. And this has been going on for 22 months. And I would say it does more than just make me feel OK cuz I feel OK before I take it but I definitely get an elevated mood lift. My buddy uses the same amount as me and calls it his anti-depressant.

Its hard to say whether you will enjoy subs but I think you have the dosage down but wait an hour and a half before taking you booster. I normally dont feel mine till eight about an hour after. And I get 2mg of sub to take a minimum of an hour to dissolve but normally 2 hours. The longer it dissolves the better it works

i like it. i did four very small lines (0.15mg each, i'd say), with half an hour inbetween each line.

the effect is pleasant and floaty, and much less sedating than i had expected. no nausea as of yet, but definitely decreased appetite. slight myosis and lowered rate of breathing. no histamine release to speak of, no itching. feels very gentle at this dose.

i have very little opiate tolerance and i enjoy subtle, long-lasting and "mood enhancing" opiates. such as low doses of PPT, or tramadol. occasionally, i enjoy a stronger session with H also but do that once every three months or so. i use PPT/tramadol once a week.. one tramadol session one week, one PPT session the other week.

so i figured i'd enjoy bupe too & bought 50mg. good choice? i'll have my first chance to do a test drive next week. i'm planning on starting with 0.4mg sublingual, waiting an hour, and then boosting it with 0.2mg insufflated if needed.

what can i expect? how will the effects compare to full-agonists (M, H) in these kinds of doses, with my kind of tolerance?

You didn't really list what doses you use, but it sounds like you have quite a low opiate tolerance.

The effects aren't as "full on" as a full agonist, but definitely the effects and mood lift are there for sure. It's a pretty euphoric high for someone with no opiate tolerance at all.

What type of pills are you getting?

A lot of people react uniquely to buprenorphine - it's hard to say what effect you'll get out of it.

i like it. i did four very small lines (0.15mg each, i'd say), with half an hour inbetween each line.

the effect is pleasant and floaty, and much less sedating than i had expected. no nausea as of yet, but definitely decreased appetite. slight myosis and lowered rate of breathing. no histamine release to speak of, no itching. feels very gentle at this dose.

Glad to hear you like it.

You didn't really list what doses you use, but it sounds like you have quite a low opiate tolerance.

The effects aren't as "full on" as a full agonist, but definitely the effects and mood lift are there for sure. It's a pretty euphoric high for someone with no opiate tolerance at all.

What type of pills are you getting?

A lot of people react uniquely to buprenorphine - it's hard to say what effect you'll get out of it.

if i use tramadol, i usually take 200 to 300mg (extended release), PPT one tablespoon. so yeah, quite small doses, low tolerance.

so far this 0.6mg of bupe feels pretty similar to a low dose of insufflated heroin to me, without the histamine release and the sedation. not bad at all!

it seems like a very affordable and easy to obtain opioid. providing that i don't build up any tolerance, of course. i have both temgesic 0.2mg tablets and subutex 8mg tablets. i'm using the subutex tabs at the moment because of the better binder to bupe ratio, the less material goes up my nose the btter obviously.

Last edited:
i consumed a total of +-2.5mg over the last 20 hours and find it very long lasting with full-body sedation, plus a certain stimulating property that mostly shows up in the first few hours after dosing. for me, an insufflated dose is noticable after 15 minutes, rapidly increases in strength after 45-60 minutes and peaks after around 90 minutes.

it combined very well with weed, as expected, and i had a few glasses of wine which increased the sedation a lot: it was hard to open my eyelids and the muscles in my neck were totally relaxed, i was breathing once every ten seconds or so, while weird jumbled daydreams went through my mind, then looking at the clock i notice an hour has passed, wondering how in the world was that possible. a strong nod.

with higher doses came more histamine release and the itching is pretty bad, although not as severe as a comparable dose of H or M. i noticed some urinary retention, but again, not as much as a hassle as with full agonists.

edit: still pleasantly high and active 30+ hours since first dosing, sometimes slipping into a state of fuzzy sedated nod, sometimes having more energetic bursts of creative productivity. and i still haven't finished the 8mg tablet. however i have redosed four times so far, which makes for about 5-6mg insufflated in total.

i can see it lasting another 10 hours at least. benzo's (midazolam & clonazepam) and weed seem to combine neatly.

Last edited:
well, eventually that session lasted 65-70 hours (with a few hours of sleep sprinkled in) before i'll be hitting the sack in a couple of moments. we went thru 10-12mg, of which my partner consumed about 1mg and i did the rest. i stayed pretty damn high basically the whole time (except for the fist couple of hours, where the high was gently fading in because of my hesistation to experiment) with heavy heavy sedation (turning into nod quickly if not careful), awesome "legs" and warm genuine sociability.

mostly, though, i've sat engrossed in headphones and it was a great experience. however, it's not one to repeat soon, cause of the long-lasting intensity and sucky opiate side effects such as the constipation, lack of appetite, nausea (especially for my partner), urniary constriction, itchyness/histamine-attack, dry skin, shivering shaking jitteryness when coming down, etc.

i don't have access to those ampoules but yeah i have found that midazolam tablets (7.5mg, half of it was snorted because of its decent availability thru the nasal membrane, compared to eating it) actually give a huge nod with bupe for me. hypnotic as hell! they last short and give total amnesia for me though - no memories AT ALL. i don't like these combo's that knock me out like that, you know, having to force myself to breath on occasion, wondering if i can lift my arm and reach over to my joint and lighter etc.
i've also tried clonazepam (1mg, toleranceless person) and that slighty *very slightly* made the bupe high more carefree and fuzzily sedating, pretty nice synergy. obviously itis all dose related though so one should try for one's selves. IF you like long lasting heavy opiates AND benzo relaxtion, you'll bound to find a succesful combination though

oh and consider taking extra care when doing the 8mg tablets without a tolerance. especially if you enjoy opiates.
0.75-1.50mg is a good starting dose i'd say and keep bthe redosing in check, tolerance sets in rapidly when redosing for long sessions and you'll blow thru your entire "pricy" tablet at once (even tho, assuming you bought it outside the official pharm circuit, it's definitely one of the least expensive opioids, dollar-per-nod-wise). and it goes without saying that once you make rec bupe use a (week+) habit, you quickly won't be able to get high of it anymore anyways.

Last edited:
I plugged another 2mg about an hour ago. I feel something, but don't feel much.

I have taken 14mg of buprenorphine in the past 24 hours. It doesn't seem to have affected me much. This amount would make most non-tolerant individuals quite sick. I currently have no opioid tolerance apart from a very high natural one.

Methadone gets me much, much higher. Pinned and nodding. Maybe my receptors are fried from those 3 years I spent on methadone (at one point, 380mg a day). If I were took take 50mg of methadone now I would get pretty messed up, but this buprenorphine is doing very little.

Chris 1986,

You're post is correct on several different fronts, but I'm afraid that you're in for a rude awaking if you expect to "weeen of of [Suboxone ]."

First I should mention that having my above post from 2/13/2009 is very embarrassing and not representative of the person I am today (only 5 months later, haha). It's like reading poetry that you wrote in 10th grade over a decade later.

Oh well, we all grow-up. except for me the change occurred in less than half a year!

Anyways Chris 1986, if Suboxone represents a huge improvement in your life as opposed to when you were an addict than that's wonderful, and I'm sure that you feel like you have completed a very difficult challenge--and rightfully so. Oxy is a very addictive drug, and addiction to opioids is just, well, you know how it is. It's hell.

But it's nothing compared to the hell of withdrawing from Subutex/Suboxone.

These drugs have an enormously long half life and the longer you are on them, the longer you will go through withdrawal once you have tapered down your dosage and stopped taking them. You may be surprised, but Bup has wickedly cruel withdrawal symptoms. In some cases Bup w/ds have been described as being worse than one's original drug of choice (DOC). If you check out a post in Bluelight's "Other Drugs" section you will find that that is the consensus of many people, including one Moderator who rated his Bup withdrawals as being worse overall than his his original Heroin withdrawals.

And finally here's the kicker: I challenge you to find ONE person who has ever successfully stopped Buprenorphine after being on it for, let's say , more than one month.

Subutex/Suboxone may be a miracle drug for some, and it may represent a HUGE lifestyle improvement. But be prepared to be on Bup for life.

Sorry for being so pessimistic but this seems to be true. I have been continually researching Buprenorphine for the last couple of months, having even subscribed to academic journals for access to Buprenorphine studies, etc. and I have not once found a successful case of Bupe detox lasting any sort of appreciable amount of time.

I have recently been on the track of substituting Subutex for a a shorter acting opioid in order to ease the Bupe w/d's.

Most doctors see Bupe as a great new alternative to Methadone to help opioid addicts, and for some people it is appropriate. But in their enthusiasm for a take home Methadone substitute, I'm afraid that doctors have ignored the long term complications that Bupe presents, namely the virtual impossibility of getting off of Buprenorphine.

I wish you the best of luck.

I have been on suboxone for over a year starting at 16mg then down to 4mg. 2 weeks ago I got arrested and just got out today. I was really worried I would get sick as hell but the only w/d symptoms I had was no sleep and the shits. a few cold sweats here and there but I never got sick or even lost my appetite

^ when I quit suboxone, I had pretty bad withdrawals the first 2 attemps... but after two years of dosing tiny amounts (which is all anyone should need, the blocker comes into effect after only a couple miligrams)

I finally quit! its been six months now that i've been off the sub... My withdrawals weren't that bad at all this last time. But I have gone out and bought two pills on impusle. and as a recreational drug its awesome for me.... just bad for my addictive nature

In the last year they started prescribing bupe at my methadone clinic. At first there was just a few..now almost half the clinic is on bupe. Mainly just the new ppl, since most of us dont want to take days off methadone to switch to bupe.\

My doctor though has been telling us that using both during you detox is best. He said many ppl find it more each to take methadone for a while untill you get stabalized. Then slowly drop down to around 5-15mgs of methadone. Then switch tp suboxone. He said it makes quitting much more easy since the WDs are not as intense. I could be wrong but thats what my doc told me.

That IS correct as bupe is a partial, not full agonist but you don't need to go down to that little methadone! 30-40mg would suffice.

Jeez...what happened to the "harm reduction" mantra?8)

Your comment would go better in the threads in OD about smoking ritalin, or shooting concerta or ritalin or fentanyl patches. I don't think that's quite warranted here, especially since midazolam is available in ampules.

I'm not subscribed it myself, but I use it quite often, both recreationally and strategically (for wd's)

I don't do it regularly because I find if I do it 2 days in a row the 2nd day high is shit compared to the 1st (even if i dose more). So I get high off it a few times a month, when I want to take a break from H, or if I want to withdrawl painlessly

But I love the shit out of it and do it as much as I can.

Why do you ask? Go ahead and PM me if you'd prefer

what if you took it once every three days??

Fighting an addiction does not depend on a factual statistic based on your research of the average outcome....
I could show you 100s of articles about freak accidents in which statistics show that 99.9% of people in that same situation would have perished...
Find me an article which says that someone withdrawing from Suboxone or Subutex has even come close to dying....
Once again I have seen with my own eyes ... Possible because they had something to live for or a goal? Maybe that's your problem....
You still haven't accepted the fact that ALL opiates need to be removed from your life.
You can't cure opiate addiction with more opiates....
your opinions are skewed. I really recommend that you get a counselor and start taking the proper steps to getting clean from everything including Suboxone and Subutex....
I have successfully weened myself down to 2mg and have been on that dose for months with no trouble....
You must not have a strong will power. Work on that and you'll be on your way. Good Luck.

I've never really felt like starting some snit before on an internet message board ... especially (personally) unprovoked... but Chris1986 kept posting.
There's nothing necessarily wrong with any of these things alone: (1) making foolish, openly illogical arguments; (2) being self-righteously judgmental about people's perceived faults; (3) being long-winded about it; or (4) doing the same things you condemn others for.
But when you start combining any two or three of them -- and epecially all four -- then I have to ask, Have you no shame? Or simply no sense of reality?
When you prove "factual statistics" wrong, "have something to live for," stop trying to "cure opiate addiction with more opiates," grow a "strong will power," and "successfully wean" yourself below a daily opiate dose strong enough to make the non-dependent puke for 24 hours, please repoort back. "Work on that and you'll be on your way. Good luck."