• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

Bupe CAN produce a high. Even when i had a fairly large tolerance to opiates, 80-100mgs oxy/day, or 40mg Opana a day. Took it for the first time after being in VERY bad withdrawal from Oxy and felt like a million bucks. The high was very strong, euphoric, and also very stimulating and gave me energy all day. That lasted maybe 10 times, each being pretty spread out from another, maybe a couple times every month or so.

Once you start taking Suboxone regularly, that high goes away and as far as i'm concerned, is almost impossible to get back.

Opiates and benzos have always been my faves. Recently had a friend get outta rehab for H., let me play with subs. I'm on day 5 of WD. Super shitty.. Can't sleep, get the kicks, chills, sweats, cramps, headache etc and that's with Norcos. I'm not sure it's worth it...

Last edited:
Opioids should not be used recreationally...

IMHO.

If you've got the tablets tho, yeah I would snort them..start slow depending on your tolerance. If you have a low tolerance you can get feeling pretty good off maybe 1.5 or 2mg.

If you've got the films you can just dissolve a good dose under the tounge..you can also make a nasal spray solution with the films, I tried a while back and it worked pretty well.

Please don't i.v. suboxone...I swear people on this forum just look for things to inject lol

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, subs will skyrocket your tolerance!

I did a few strips a while back and my receptors haven't been the same since..

I think if you have no opiate tolerance you want to be very careful with subs, my non opiate using mate did 8mg and was sick as a dog for quite a time. That said sniffing one can cause you to get quite a buzz on...

I iv bupe quite regularly and I find it provides a pretty nice little rush as long as you wait tillur feeling WD set in before each shot. You should also keep in mind there seems to be a ceiling effect for the analgesic property of bupe. I find doing any more than 4mg wont really make the rush more intense. Oncd u do a shot, doing more will have no noficable effect for about fhe next 12 hours or so.

The best form of bupe for rec use via IV is subutex. No nalaxone and its easy to prep for iv. If u get suboxone the white actavis generics are preferable to orange stopsigns or rounds as well as strips. Idk why but the actavis brand seems to give a better rush when ur ROA is iv. I would think I was just mental but several people have said they feel likewise about them.

WD from bupe is nowhere near as intense as dope but it has a longer half life which means less intensity but increased duration of WD. Ive experienced restless legs, fatigue and other moderate WD symptoms for as long as 12 days from bupe. If I had the choice I honestly would prefer heroin WD but I'm more of a rip off the band aid kinda guy. Most people seem to prefer duration over intensity.

Last edited:
I iv bupe quite regularly and I find it provides a pretty good rush would prefer heroin WD but I'm more of a rip off the band aid kinda guy.

I hope it's ok to reply to these old posts, I mean, it's a "megathread," always supposed to be around right?

Since the sub-thread of this megathread 12.0 is "bupe as a recreational,"then I can say that I do find it recreational. But only at extremely low doses. Today is Saturday morning, I last did a 2 bag shot of dope on Tuesday morning. Since that time I have used ONE 8mg/2mg suboxone from the new round pink kind brand. Now, to go off topic a tiny bit, I find that this brand of sub is not as good as the original stop signs, or even the other generic suboxone, the white ones with the letter D and number 155 on the other side. These pink round ones are harder to dissolve, I crush them up under tin foil, then dice with a razor blade. I place them in a plastic spoon (so my family won't complain at me if they see a metal one). So I put the dissolved powder in the plastic spoon, place a few drops of vodka. Absorb with cotton and roll around the cotton with a toothpick. All the while I'm doing this, I'm gargling with the old school original listerine. When I'm done preparing my cotton, I spit out the listerine and place the cotton under my tongue. This is just the ole' alcohol method to enhance BA.

Ok, so last use was Tuesday morning. Wednesday morning I was already in WD. I took probably 3mg with alcohol method that morning to get it in my system. I felt relief within the hour. I dosed again on Thursday maybe 2 mg. Yesterday Friday I was already able to IV small tiny amounts. Now, I know you're supposed to use a micron filter. But I simply use cottons, 2-3 times and it still looks a little pink'ish. I liked the other white generics because they ended up clear, and the strips were the best to shoot.

When you get to shoot tiny amounts, I'm talking little slivers off the big pill, crushed up, maybe .2 mg or so at a time, afterwards I feel a slight relief in my sciatic nerve pain. And also I get a great mood lift for a while.

Last time I was off the dope for around 8 or 9 days, and was shooting tiny tiny amounts, a few times I actually felt a dope-ish taste in my mouth after a shot!

Now, I'm the type of guy who says that all pills are the same, generics and brand name, all the same, that it's all in your head. But these new pink round subs are not as good, in my opinion. Also, I do know that the lower I've gone using subs, the tinier the shot, the more recreational value I get out of it, I think someone on here named Captain Heroin was big on that theory.

* EDIT * I just realized there are newer versions of these megathreads now?? please move this around whereever it belongs. I just wanted to a) say that the new round pink suboxone generics suck and b) low dose IV suboxone causes mild euphoria and feel goodness and even ocasionally dope taste in mouth

Last edited:
Well, I know I seem to be in the minority, but back when my tolerance was lower over the summer, I took 2 of the 8 mg suboxone strips at once and had quite the pleasurable nod, and it lasted quite a while as well. I really enjoyed it, though my tolerance is so high nowadays idk if I'd still get much from it, though I suppose if I took enough I could get back to that all day nod. However there are more effective drugs to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

my first 'real' opiate experience was snorting one of the old sub 8mg pills, scraped of the smallest bit and half a pill had me constantly high and nodding very hard and vomiting at points for 3 days

then i bought some heroin, and it was great but somehow not as euphoric as my first bupe experience, however that H contact died sadly

that sobered me to stay away from hard drugs for a long while, but now i am chipping with sub 8mg strips and use about 2mg once a week, want to get it to 2mg a fortnight, but may quit it soon anyway, it will be sad to say goodbye

i like that i can use my ecig only when im high on sub as well and it feels like a healthy high almost, but i know my addict mentality is probably too powerful for me to 'control' usage of drugs this powerful, i mean i have failed at moderating my usage of weed for the past 3 yrs

Last edited:
^^^

Perfect example of how the flood of bupe/suboxone into the streets, and the fact that the doctors lied about it being able to be abused, is causing tons of young people/people in general to start using with opiates through the use of trying bupe first... the drug that was meant to help people get off opiates, is helping tons of people get started with them.

This is why, in the US at least, I see suboxone/bupe becoming a lot more regulated. Pretty soon you'll have to go to a clinic just like you do with methadone.

the reason i loved being on suboxone is one, i truely did want to stop opiates and it definitely helped with that, and two, even though it didnt provide euphoria per se, it still numbed out a big majority of my negative emotions. in addition, even after being on it for a long time, i would get a very nice mood lift and some very nice energy that was nice. it isnt the same as full-agonism euphoria, but i definitely enjoyed taking it daily.

but yes, suboxone definitely has potential to be recreational. it is alot more recreational than some other substances out there. i find suboxone more recreational than ephedrine, nicotine, kratom, hydrocodone, codeine, xanax, caffeine, ect..

I been on bup forever almost 5 years. So I obvs would prefer oxycodone everyday if thats they way I could have it but thats not the case. So I def love bup and I think it effects people differently. When I first took bup I loved it and thought it was def a great rec drug. However, after all these years of being on bup it gets boring you know? So what I been doing lately is skipping two or three days without taking anything and redose the bup.. take like 6 to 8mg I try to wait until I start to feel some wd. I found that I get a nice high for the day and the next day nice mellow warm opiate high. Def get alot of energy and feel like cleaning lol. So I been doing this lately has anybody else found this effective?

Also I just found out about this new bup called Zubzolv and I think i might ask my DR to switch to that. I havent insuffulated bup in a while ever since I got on the Strips and I miss that. Cuz thats the way to go for bup in my book. Has anybody tried this new bup yet and what do you think about it?

the reason i loved being on suboxone is one, i truely did want to stop opiates and it definitely helped with that, and two, even though it didnt provide euphoria per se, it still numbed out a big majority of my negative emotions. in addition, even after being on it for a long time, i would get a very nice mood lift and some very nice energy that was nice. it isnt the same as full-agonism euphoria, but i definitely enjoyed taking it daily.

but yes, suboxone definitely has potential to be recreational. it is alot more recreational than some other substances out there. i find suboxone more recreational than ephedrine, nicotine, kratom, hydrocodone, codeine, xanax, caffeine, ect..

I agree with a lot of this. Except maybe the hydrocodone and to a lesser extent codeine. They are both full agonists and a large enough dose is going to be better than any dose Buprenorphine.

oh no!!:-/

:\ ran out of perc 30s.....my cat had 4 0.2ml liquid bup left...put it under my tongue......I haven't had a 30 in about a week or so, so im wonderin if this shit will take the edge off....????

oh and I read that hydrocodone is being reclassified and is being lumped in with coke now!!!! will this make it harder for me to get??????

Buprenorphine is not recreational at all for me. I was clean from all opioids for 60 days. I shot 1mg of subutex and didn't feel a thing. Over an hour I I.V.'d 8mg and got very mild opioid effects, nothing like the real thing, even tramadol feels better IME.

So for me, no it's not recreational and very mild even at high doses with basically no tolerance.

:\ ran out of perc 30s.....my cat had 4 0.2ml liquid bup left...put it under my tongue......I haven't had a 30 in about a week or so, so im wonderin if this shit will take the edge off....????
It's been a week aren't u basically done withdrawling? Don't go back to daily opioid use if u don't have to since u should be feeling completely back to normal in a couple days. I reccomed staying away from opioids til you're 100%.

i haven't had any of this new zubsolv, personally i think the dosages are weird, i finally built up enough trust from my doc to get 60 subutex a month instead of 60 generic suboxone, which was like 220$ more, so not only big savings, but no nasty naloxone (i have NO insurance) let me get to my point,i was curious and i have a few clean rigs lying around, i live in florida so IV is outta question my arms are exposed 24/7.. but i was curious n tried plugging, vi take about 8-10mg a day, my doc over prescribes me, so what i did was snap off the needle (making sure no jagged metal still left lol, cuz this IS going up my butt lolololol) so i dissolved 4 mg of roxane brand subutex in about 90ccs of water, mixed it all up with my plunger, then, to draw it up i had to use another needle, with its point still intact cuz the one without was not sucking it up, so i prepared just like an iv shot, put then i took the plunger out the pointless one, and injected the 4mg solution into that. laid on my side, lubed up, and up it went, rather far to avoid leakage, but not enough to to be uncomfortable, i can say, it gives a nice lil euphoria, just a bit diff then sniffing em of subbing em.. I'm going to try this more often i wanna know if i can do it with klonopin too now lol :)

Bupe works well for me! Really well. I have been using it a few times a month since I ran into an old buddy who has a script. I usually use opiates for a few days a week then take a few days off.

Bupe seems to build quickly for me...weather it's the nalaxon taking hold or what I'm unsure. Just to gauge my tollerance for a nice high I would eat 120-200mg of Morphine, drink poppy tea, or take a min of 30mg of hydrocodone at once. Preferably more like 70mg but with the price of pills I don't really buy that often.

4mg of Sub usually has me pretty damn good, catch a nod a few hours in if I'm laying around. If I have a few drinks which I don't suggest to anyone it really makes me nod.

Today was my first day redosing. Took 4mg at noon and was surprisingly Soberish by time I got out of work at 6. I took another 4mg around 7PM.

Bupe is really nice for me. I don't use it all the time for financial issues. Also in the back of my head in case I ever use it as a tool to wean/quit.

For someone with no experience I would clearly suggest something lower on the food chain. For people that use long term but semi responsibly; if you believe there to be such a thing than yes; I think it can be a great recreational drug.

Still have half a strip; hoping it pours all day tomorrow so I can watch movies and not feel guilty about not doing shit!

Peace Peace