• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

^Did you read much about the dosing before taking this much? 15mg snorted is a ton... however you got to that amount.

For the past week I've been either snorting a little bit of heroin or some oxys, not too much, only like 1/2-1 bag/2-3 30mg roxies at a time. I'm not withdrawing, but I certainly don't feel good. I was looking for a way to get fucked up today and found out I could get my hands on some subs...would they even get me high? I have to snort maybe 45-60mg oxy to catch a small nod.

.I have a very important question, re using Sub to get..high. I have recently come off a smallll h habit. .1 a day would nod me for hours.. i am through w/ds. Non dependent.

So i am thinking blowing a 8mg Sub. Thoughts??? I HAVE DECided to blow 15 mgs, n smoke one mg. Its working. I feel that peaceful easy feeling already =D

You would not get higher from 15mg as opposed to 8mg.. You can only get "that" high with Bupe, going with +8mg while only get you more side effects really.

question

I have a tolerance to opiods I use Hydromorphone, I shoot 16- 40 mg a day, I want to try subutex & bang it, I have been without hydro for 3 days Hoe do I fix the subutex?

Recreational suboxone

So i used 8mg suboxone recreationally yesterday and it sucked....

if i wanted to do some oxy tonight would the naloxone and other effecters from the suboxone limit my high?

8mg without a tolerance is way too much, probably an overdose.

It is probably going to be stuck in your system for a day or two.

if i wanted to do some oxy tonight would the naloxone and other effecters from the suboxone limit my high?

LOL... i hope this is a joke

As pointed out previously in this thread, the recreational value of suboxone (buprenorphine) is very low. You should had followed the advice of your fellow Bluelighters!

Here's a basic, non ADD, explanation:

Yes, the effects of oxycodone will be affected due to their being too much buprenorphine bound to opiate receptors producing a "blockade" of other opiates from binding to these receptors. You should be able to get "high" 24-36 hours after administering buprenorphine, however due to it's long half life, you may have to take a higher than normal dose of oxycodone to feel the effects that you desire.

first time bupe user never go above .8-1mg. Hits hard snorted first time, then body gets used to it second or third time round. U will not die but it can get disaccociative and unpleasant....confusion, anxiety attacks, but not OD.

i think the recreational value is about equal to any other opiate..... for naive users....

I know a kid that preferred BUPE over any other opiate.. he was in love with it... it was funny and sad at the same time... He would take 4mg and get in blissfull heaven,,, i would always tell him not to take more than 1 or 2 mgs

Uk prison

I've been getting 8mg subutex lately and they're ok... Lasts a while.
Subutex insufflated is the drug of choice in British prisons these days; most probably because of the Big Heroin Drought and what heroin DOES get around now is so poor, down from its usual 50-60% average to 20 or in most cases even less, that only the desperate are using it, in much higher quantities than I can recall.
Even Suboxone gives you a pretty decent dunt despite the presence of naloxone.
Most of the more discerning opioid users are now concentrating on pharmaceuticals. Most commonly used seem to be morphine, in particular the green 50mg Sevredol, but MST Continus are much easier to source; oxycodone, OxyNorm being preferred to OxyContin since the powder from the caps is just perfect for nasal use - I find oxy's onset of action quite slow regardless of route of administration; and dipipanone (Diconal) which has always been one of my top prescription drugs. The euphoria (check archive, I don't think it was mentioned ONCE in the entire 'most euphoric opioid' thread) given by an oral dosage of 40mg or so can not be beaten by any Rx OA that I know of.
It is a great pity that oxymorphone can not be found in the UK and in nearly 10 years of looking, I haven't even been able to source as few as 10 tablets! If it's so much better than hydromorphone, which I rate very highly, even the Palladone SR which is available up to 32mg and with a little work on those damnable 'beads' is excellent for insufflation then, by God, I would LOVE to try oxymorph. The hydromorphone caps (I'm talking the i/r here of course, Dilaudid tabs of great strength are n/a here) are IMO best orally, bioavailability is very high.
But yes, recreational buprenorphine is becoming more and more common as time passes and little sign of improvement in heroin quality can be seen.
Dipipanone and a try-out of oxymorphone for me. My oxycodone tolerance has grown way too much in the years I've been prescribed it, and the doctor refuses to up my dose from 20mg 4 times daily, which in practice means 80-120mg split between nostrils when 'the time' comes each day. She is even refusing to give me a month or two to recover tolerance by prescribing the equivalent hydromorphone, which would be, correct me if I'm wrong, 2 x 2.6mg and one x 1.3mg caps 4 times daily.
One more thing, the street price of especially Subutex brand 4 and 8mg tabs has shot up in the past 9 months. £xx average for an 8mg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love suboxone... Been off the maint part for two years now... but just picked up 2 8mg strips from my doc for shits and giggles......

felt great last nite

If you have any tolerance or dependence to opiates getting a recreational effect out of Subs is basically outta the question, although still possible if taken with the right things at the right dose.

If you dont have a tolerance though achieving a recreational high off of Subs is ENTIRELY possible. Its funny, before I got addicted to opiates, the 2 opiates that got me the most fucked up were Subs and Methadone! Haha. They last foreverrrrrr too.

I find the best way to use Buprenorphine recreationally is via nasal insufflation. If you're a fairly irregular user like me then a simple 1-1.5mg line every 5 hours or so will keep you going nicely. Not intensely euphoric but still incredibly pleasant.

I switched from sublingual administration to insufflation because I became so disgusted by the fake citrus taste of Buprenorphine that even the thought of it makes me feel ill.

Even somewhat opiate tolerant people can get effects from bupe. The only people that will generally not find it strong enough are those with really high tolerances IMO.

2mg's and above doesn't do much good. Just blocks more nerve'ends. When I rasied my dose from 1>2mg I got a pleasant effect again, but from 2>4mg, not much at all, maybe a little more buzz for an hour or so. Really suxx to be hooked to sub, after a couple of weeks you ain't gettin any from it. If hooked on H or oxy you at least gettin a good time while you on it...but in the end hooked on anything should be avoided of course.

2mg's and above doesn't do much good. Just blocks more nerve'ends. When I rasied my dose from 1>2mg I got a pleasant effect again, but from 2>4mg, not much at all, maybe a little more buzz for an hour or so. Really suxx to be hooked to sub, after a couple of weeks you ain't gettin any from it. If hooked on H or oxy you at least gettin a good time while you on it...but in the end hooked on anything should be avoided of course.

I don't think being addicted to heroin was a "good time" all in all. Sure getting high is fun and all, but being addicted to heroin isn't what I consider a "good time".

I don't think being addicted to heroin was a "good time" all in all. Sure getting high is fun and all, but being addicted to heroin isn't what I consider a "good time".

agreed.

Using heroin sporadically here and there is a very, VERY good time.. as long as you know your limits..

Being hooked on heroin though is as far away from a good time as humanly possible..

.. Making that phone call... waiting at the dope spot for the runner to come.. sometimes long longgg periods of time if the drivers were busy during rush hour... all the fucking money that goes into feeding the addiction.. not to mention the times you would go without anyting because the dealers phone was off.. or he was out of supply.. having to dose every so on just to be fucking NORMAL.. if this sounds like a good time to anyone.. I would sincerely ask that you rethink your life and seek physiatric assistance. lol

i am not opiate naive AT ALL
i went from 120mg of oxy, 240mg of hydro to subs. i have gotten high on subs from 2-6mg every day.

i also have a way to curve my tolerance, so that may be the reason

i experience full euphoria and it blows hydro & oxy out the water. Oxy, because i am able to get high off of it every day without having to go on the streets. otherwise i like oxy(or in larger doses, hydrocodone or hydromorphone) better. lol. dope is good but i dont know any dealers anymore.

Last edited: