I don't get it guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerbalTruist

Administrator
Staff member
Ok this thread ISNT meant to upset anyone so lets all take a deep breath...

I don't understand why people use steroids... Whats the point? To push yourself what you would look like normally if you just ate right and maintained an excercise routine?

It was a big deal during our rugby season we had a couple of guys go down for it and it was like well fucking duh theyre using steroids. whats the point of having a competetive edge if your competetitors dont respect you for having beaten them due to the fact that you have CHEATED. Yes in my opinion using steroids is cheating, unless your a bodybuilder then its ok, I guess even then though.

I understand that steroids can be used responsibly and great to you if you want to use them to look better. But if you need them to feel better about yourself shouldnt you maybe take a few steps back and ask "why?"

Look guys I mean no harm here but I just DONT get it. So if you could enlighten me thatd be great.

If this is against the forums rules I'm sorry I read them right before I posted and its not meant to offend I'm just really confused by the whole steroid... thing.

Cheers!

euphoricnod said:
1.I don't understand why people use steroids... Whats the point? To push yourself what you would look like normally if you just ate right and maintained an excercise routine?

2.But if you need them to feel better about yourself shouldnt you maybe take a few steps back and ask "why?"

1. I don't think a natural bodybuilder can get to the same size as a bodybuilder who uses AAS. So no, I disagree with you there. I'll try to find some comparisons of a Natural BBer and an "Assisted" BBer.

2. I agree with you, people who need steroids to feel better about themselves have some more underlying issues to be addressed before they even consider doing a cycle. But on the other hand, for someone who has reached his natural genetic limit but still isn't satisfied with their physique, I think it is fine. As long as they use, not abuse.

euphoricnod said:
Ok this thread ISNT meant to upset anyone so lets all take a deep breath...

I don't understand why people use steroids... Whats the point? To push yourself what you would look like normally if you just ate right and maintained an excercise routine?

It was a big deal during our rugby season we had a couple of guys go down for it and it was like well fucking duh theyre using steroids. whats the point of having a competetive edge if your competetitors dont respect you for having beaten them due to the fact that you have CHEATED. Yes in my opinion using steroids is cheating, unless your a bodybuilder then its ok, I guess even then though.

I understand that steroids can be used responsibly and great to you if you want to use them to look better. But if you need them to feel better about yourself shouldnt you maybe take a few steps back and ask "why?"

Look guys I mean no harm here but I just DONT get it. So if you could enlighten me thatd be great.

If this is against the forums rules I'm sorry I read them right before I posted and its not meant to offend I'm just really confused by the whole steroid... thing.

Cheers!

People do lots of strange things to make themselves feel better. Some girls validate themselves by fucking every guy that shows interest in them. Some people belittle others to make themselves feel better. Some people merely work out to increase their self-esteem and confidence. Steroids, I guess, are just one of the more extreme options. The human psyche is very fucked up.

I've felt frustration before after plateauing at a fixed weight for a period of time, but I just changed the variables up and consequently I was able to overcome this hurdle. I've never seriously contemplated steroids, but I could see how some people are allured by the notion of a back route or easy way to get big. Moreover, the majority of people are just lazy. Most never make it to the gym in the first place but some that do only make it that far, then in a crisis of will turn to steroids.

Steroids in the niche world of bodybuilding are a completely different story. In order to make it anywhere in the world of bodybuilding you have to juice. There are no naturals that can hold a candle to Ronnie, Jay, or any of the other ifbb pros for that matter. To be honest though, there's nowhere near enough money or status in bodybuilding to warrant putting your health in such jeopardy.

ummm

well I started using steroids same reason I started using drugs, curiosity.

but unlike recreational drugs, steroids strengthen your health, not weaken it, so the incentive to choose steroid use over drug use is much higher for me

IMO, steroids feel on par with the same lvl of euphoria opioids give, only, instead of feeling euphoric for a few hours, you feel euphoric for a few months straight, its not a forced euphoria or artificial, even opioids feel 'artificial' to me, but steroids, such a clean, crisp, lust for life feeling.

Its like, okay, I could do drugs, feel good, but end up feeling shitty at the end, OR, I can use steroids, feel good (for alot longer), plus simultaneously acheive a better physique... ya... thats a HARD choice, NOT!

let me put it in the best way I can

ive NEVER done a recreational drug that, afterwards, I felt good about using.
STEROIDS, I am PROUD of using, when I think back to everytime ive used steroids I feel pride, I feel success, I feel good. If I look back at anytime ive used a recreational drug, I feel shame, I feel failure, I feel bad, I feel like ive let myself down, where as with steroids, I feel ive lifted myself up.

Ill openly admit to anyone I use steroids and keep a big smile on my face as I say it. Fuck, I even got a T-shirt that says "DIE YOUNG, DIE STRONG, DIANABOL!", I luv that shirt, pride baby, pride.

I get so tired of having to justify myself to the StickPeople.

i was being serious. the only time i put nice clothes on, gel my hair, and generally try and make myself look good is when im trying to impress girls. so the only reason i would try and make myself buff is for girls. whats the point of all that if you a baby dick and no balls? i have no problem with people using steriods, i envy people with big muscles, but for me, the ends dont justify the means.

my balls are BIGGER than they ever where when I was natural

its called POST CYCLE THERAPY with male fertility drugs

steroids dont shrink your dick, they do the opposite

TESTOSTERONE is the hormone that gives you your male characteristics, how manly you look is based on your genetics which tell your body howmuch testosterone to produce, it also augments penile growth, steroid use is giving yourself supraphysiological testosterone levels, therefore, your become more a man than you can ever naturally be

its funny that people think testosterone will shrink your dick... thats like sayin alcohol will make you shy

Heh I'm glad to see stereotypes like shrink dick. Its an opportunity to educate non-users on side effects and why we use steroids. Propaganda over steroids has spread many myths about steroid side effects.

I particularly like ComfortablyNumb's view of why people use steroids. There is steroid use and steroid abuse just like with recreational drugs. In the case of steroids, educated safe use (with proper PCT) FOR THE RIGHT REASONS is perfectly healthy. For bodybuilders this is their life, getting big, what is wrong with using steroids to obtain previously unattainable goals.

It is just difficult for some non-steroid users to imagine why a steroid user does what they do. It is difficult for me to imagine why some people smoke crack or use psychedelics, but simple for me to imagine someone using heroin recreationally (as I do). It comes down to individual drug/lifestyle preferences. Don't hate! Collaborate! We are all drug users, just trying to minimize harm to our bodies while living a happy life. Rock on.

eddy1514 said:
i stand corrected. sorry guys.
Heh, wow, thankyou, you have perfectly showed my point. Misinformation (sometimes stemming from political propaganda) puts the non-user in a very uneducated unfortunate position. The only information the public has on steroids comes from horror stories from teenagers and people who use steroids improperly, and terror stories from drug enforcement agencies describing side effects that are uncommon or non-existant like shrinking dick. The US gov. has never come out and say it shrinks your dick, but they would never TELL the public that they are propagating a myth.

Once you are educated about steroids you can understand WHY people use them. If the public were properly educated concerning the benefits/risks of steroid use they could make more educated choices about their health. It would also save judgement for steroid users from non-users. If you use them for the right reasons and with the proper precautions I say more power to you.

The use of steroids in competitive sports has also shed a very negative light on steroids. The use of steroids in sports is widely viewed by sports fans and competitors as cheating. I do not contend the unethical nature of steroid use in professional sports (I say they all can use them or none should), but I do contend the view of steroid use as unethical. Why should a steroid user who is trying to better himself be persecuted?

Taking from the Steroid n00bs thread:

YOU NEED TO USE ANCILLARIES AND PROPER PCT

Ancillaries are compounds that are used to prevent the side effects of steroid use mainly by preventing aromatase or preventing estrogen from binding to it's receptors.

You should always use an anti-aromatase such as Letrazole (Femara), or Anastrazole (Arimidex), or Exemestane (Aromasin) to prevent test from aromatizing into estrogen, even when using a SERM because estrogen has non-receptor mediated effects that can be undesirable.

You should always have Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) on hand in case you start to encounter itchy nipples which is a sign of the early stages of gynecomastia ("bitch tits").

PCT is the abbreviation for "Post Cycle Therapy", which must be done in order to properly recover and keep the gains that you made while on cycle. Usually Clomiphene (Clomid) is used as the staple of PCT, but it can also include Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (Pregnyl) which mimics leutenizing hormone in the male body and causes the testes to produce testosterone again. It's important to always use clomiphene or tamoxifen also though because HCG can be somewhat suppressive of natural testosterone itself.

Another important thing is that you continue training hard and eating well after your cycle in order to keep as much gains as possible.

^

heh thats not very good explanation of PCT

The point of PCT is to get the balls back. They shrink when they stop producing testosterone. Since they havnt worked for however long ur cycle is, its kinda like theyre in a coma.

So you take an injection or two of HCG, which acts as a direct testosterone production signal, literrally in course of 24 hours you can watch your testicles double in size from an HCG shot. Unfortunately, the problem with HCG is that its really no different than taking exogenous testosterone, because when you use HCG your using supraphysiological levels thus signaling more testosterone than the body wants, it senses this and shuts the balls off again.

The only -true- method of PCT is by manipulating the bodies homeostasis, you cannot directly increase testosterone levels without expecting to be shut down. So instead, the body has this idea for every Xmg of estrogen it senses in itself, it produces Xmg testosterone to keep its genetically scripted ratio of estrogen:testosterone in balance.

This is where Clomiphene comes in. Anyone whose ever taken clomid will tell you its one strong ass fertility drug, ive busted the hugest nuts of my life on that shit. Pretty much every steroid user I know with kids got his wife pregnant during Clomid use, so you gotta be careful in that aspect. Clomiphene is a SERM or selective estrogen receptor modulator, it binds to certain estrogen receptors, you take alot of clomid, your body senses alot of estrogen, to counteract this and keep homeostasis, it produces testosterone. Its not DIRECTLY stimulating the testes to produce testosterone (unlike HCG), therefore, it will not cause testicular axis shut down.

Real education is key. Lets not fool ourselves here.....MOST pro athletes takes steroids and /or HGH. Its just the reality whether people admit it or not. I have a HUGE amount of experience with them. I majored in exercise phys. and have used them on/off for over 10 yrs with no problems. I get regular blood screens done to make sure my organs are all ok. I feel better, never have trained for girls and it makes ME HAPPY. I have helped numerous athletes pass drug tests and have 1st hand knowledge of actors,athletes,cops,lawyers,etc using juice. I guess its hard to explain to someone not familiar to the gym scene. Tell you one thing...EVERY single fitness girl you see in the magazines uses drugs to attain their look!! Not that it matters..it is what it is....please don't say "oh, they get drug tested!!" Anyone who fails a steroid test is an idiot and should fire their trainer!! oh yeah...nobody robs their neighbor's house for another 100 D-bols!!!! :)

J

I'm thinking about using some roids to get swole. I just can't get the motivation to work out for a long time without them, knowing that it will take me forever to get big. Life is too short, and my buddies keep on tempting me...

captainballs said:
I'm thinking about using some roids to get swole. I just can't get the motivation to work out for a long time without them, knowing that it will take me forever to get big. Life is too short, and my buddies keep on tempting me...

taking steroids will not give you any faster of gains if ur at the bottom of the weight spectrum, your body can only grow so fast, and as fast as it can grow is based on calories, ESPECIALLY when your nowhere near your genetic limit

in order to gain 1lbs of weight a day you need to eat 3500 calories over your BMR, average persons BMR is between 1500-2000 calories, therefore to gain 1lbs of weight a day (steroids or no steroids) you need to consume at minimum 5000 calories a day

and btw, it doesnt 'take forever' to gain weight, ive gained over 10lbs in a single week before. calories foo, calories.

infact, if you followed the Sphinx Program®©™ to a T, you could gain 40lbs in 3 months no problem, no steroids either

theres 2 ways to acheive a physique, the real way (alot of dedication over a short period of time), or the usual way (half assed dedication over very very long periods of time)

You can acheive more in 3 months than most acheive in 10 fuckin years, IF, and thats a big IF, you can stick to what needs to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.