• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I've tried tonic water w/ quinine with opioids, not sure if it works though.
DXM, diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate/other antihistamines, magnesium, baking soda (w/ methadone), loperamide, grapefruit juice (but not with methadone), prozac/other SSRIs, and of course cimetidine.
taking potentiators is a ritual for me.

I was wondering what the best potentiator for oxycodone was, and then I started thinking that for each opiate drug it may be different and i thought, hey why not make it a thread that people could look up all their information in, and not just oxy.

I saw a lot of potentiation threads when I searched but, none of them had much information in them and most of them were specific to one drug.

but with everyones help, this thread could be a list of the best substance to potentiate each opiate.

So, what potentiates each drug, and what would you say is the BEST option to potentiate that drug?

By potentiating, I mean a substance that when combined with the opiate, has a synergy effect and boosts the high thru chemical interaction. you could say alcohol potentiates , in the way that it makes you feel more fucked up, but I dont believe that it works the same way as say Benadryl does to interact with the opiate and increase the high.

So with that said...What potentiates:

CODEINE
-Grapefruit juice (fresh works best, do not use sweetened grapefruit drinks you need the straight juice)
-Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
-Promethazine (Phenergan) - Take after administering codeine, high will be shortened if taken before
-Orphenadrine
-Cyclobenzaprine
-Doxylamine Succinate (Active ingredient in NyQuil)

HYDROCODONE
-Grapefruit juice
-Diphenhydramine
-Orphenadrine
-Doxylamine Succinate

MORPHINE
-Diphenhydramine

HEROIN
-Diphenhydramine
-Grapefruit Juice (May not enhance high, but will lengthen it due to enzymes inhibiting the metabolism of the drug and elongating the duration of the high.)

OXYCODONE
-Diphenhydramine
-Cimetadine (Tagamet) take one hour before your opiate

HYDROMORPHONE

MEPERIDINE

FENTANYL

OPIUM
-Cimetedine
-Propoxyphene (Darvocet)
-Diphenhydramine

METHADONE
-Cat's claw (herbal)
---------------------------

Theres always more opiates but those are the main ones to start with and feel free to add anything you have information for.

i would do research and post what I learn, but i dont know that much about brain receptors, chemistry of the drugs, the little things that would make a difference, and I dont want to post wrong information without meaning to just because I didnt understand the concept enough to know whats bullshit and whats true.

So i will leave that part of it out and hope that some of yall "smart people" answer.

Hopefully with enough knowledgeable posters this could become a thread that is the ultimate guide to potentiating opiates and maybe even become a stickyed thread if it prooves to be useful. :)

Last edited:
Well...

pretty much whatevers gonna 'potentiate' one opiate is gonna do the same for any other, in the sense of the micro opioid receptor, which is prolly where your aiming to increase potency at for a 'better high'.

Ive read that supposedly Procaine+Heroin is to potentiate the effects of the rush, no clue if thats true at all though, but it has appeared in street samples, possibly just cause of convenient access to the cut (insert vision of cocaine dealer realising greater profits in heroin but still having all his procaine cut for his coke buisness left over)

Well what i will do is wait until there are more responses then Ill periodically edit the first post to include the information that gets posted and that way the big guide will be at the top of the page and information can keep gettin added

anyone with information for or against any potentiator should post why that shoud/shouldnt be on there and why that way we can make sure no wrong facts get in tere and the thread can be more definitive and not just hearsay

paradoxcycle....waitin on you to come with your vast knowledge....

GREAT THREAD
ill throw a few i know all too well out there... that most dont know

METHADONE - Cats Claw. 25%+ incease in duration using cats claw.

OPIUM and various others opiods - Propoxyphene. Ya, darvocet, its shit alone. HUGE potentiator of opium... stumbled on it years ago w/ huge supply of what i thought was useles darvies. check out its unique p450 properties along with many other pubmed discoveries.... be careful tho.... dangerous and ez drug to OD on. im talking like 1 or 2 darvies with a seriously reduced dose.

OPIUM - Cimetedine. seems to fuck with and kill other opoids (stops vicodin from metabolizing into hydromorph, etc) but it adds one hell of a kick to opium and increases duration.

ummm... magnesium is a must. always have high levels of magnesium obviously... take it with any opiate/oid. helps with absorbtion also.

SOooooooooOoOOOOOoo many prescription drugs will potientiate opiates.... mostly due to unique and strong p450 enzyme inhibition but its tricky stuff and specific to the opiate/oid your fucking around with. Then there are some that potentiate it simply due to synergy of pleasurable effects (or more generally unknown "magic" in da brain ;)
Phenergan even tho it should only potentiate because of its antihistimine properties goes beyond that. many will back me up. there is something more to antihistamines, ESPECIALLY w phenergan, than the sedation effect adding to the nod.

there are a ton of potentiators.... ill post more later. so many unknown ones too... alot of herbal shit people dont know about ta boot

if you want a REAL Ultimate Opiate Potentiation thread then somebody (ill do it eventually :) needs to post a nice bigass conclusive list of p450 enzyme inhibitors and inducers and a list of opiates/opoids and how they metabolize/how they can be modified for potentiation. its all out there on the net but nobody has ever gotten more than 50% of the real data on one page, etc etc.

^^Well if you will post that information i will put it in here and we can do it up right, make it the ultra mega end all and be all potentiation thread. ya down for it? ;)

I know that benadryl works for oxy and a lot of other opiates, BUT , i dont want to list it as potentiating all of them because im sure some of them it dont work for, so fill me in.

I have took Phenergan before when it was in my codeine syrup but I was on oxy....so i decided that a few tsp's of that shit would potentiate pretty good because i have heard a lot about it bein a potentiator. whats the definitive answer there?

I will keep adding any info as it comes....so hit me with all you know

Also if there is any 'catches' or knowlege that you need to know about a certain potentiator (such as, "______ works, but only if you take it more than 2 hours before your opiate") include that too and i will put it as a note so that people know not only what to use but the best way to use it.

Last edited:
Cimetidine seems to help with hydro's a little. I usually can't get high off of them anymore, but I took one tagamet hb half an hour before taking 100mg's of hydro and it seemed to give me a little bit more of a slight nod, but didn't add too much to the euphoria. This was after being without opiates for about six weeks.

Grape fruit juice helps codeine metabolize into morphine instead of the inactive nor-codeine, the same concept happens with dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone and perhaps more, can't remember right now. It's preferred to make the juice yourself out of white grape fruits and including as much pulp as you can since a lot of the desirable enzymes are in that part of the grapefruit.

After finding out about this I never do the aforementioned opiates without grape fruit juice, I feel like I'm wasting some of the high if I don't (which I infact am).

How big of a deal does the grapefruit juice make? If I have some Oxy/Hydro/whatever and I'm absolutely ready to get high is it worth the wait and effort?

Say I'm buying Norco's, (not that I illegally obtain narcotics) rather than buy one extra pill should I save the cash for some grapefruits?

Does it affect the duration and the intensity or what?

Updated.....

the juice does make a difference...it was a long time ago that i tried it so i dont know but its enough to notice. grapefruits aint expensive just grab one and youll get enough juice out of it.

I think this should be made into a stick post...but there may be moral complications

Blind Melon said:
How big of a deal does the grapefruit juice make? If I have some Oxy/Hydro/whatever and I'm absolutely ready to get high is it worth the wait and effort?

Say I'm buying Norco's, (not that I illegally obtain narcotics) rather than buy one extra pill should I save the cash for some grapefruits?

Does it affect the duration and the intensity or what?
Grape fruit juice makes a world of difference to me. It extends my DHC high from about ~1.5 hours to 3-4 hours. How much it affects you will probably depend on the composition of enzymes in your body but give it a try. Grape fruits are cheap as hell anyway... at least compared to drugs.

Marijuana will potentiate all opi's!

Grapefruit juice works for morphine, diamorphine (Heroin) and from what it seems all opi's! Though I'm not sure about methadone*!

Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) (Nytol in the UK) works well with all opi's! :)

I think Cimetedine (Tagemet) works the same way as grapefruit juice, but it's stronger. So if you have both just take the cimetedine, don't bother wasting them by taking them together!

N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist drugs like :-

DXM (Sub 200/150mg doses) and Ketamine seem to lower opiate tolerance and increase the effects!

PCP and Nitrous Oxide (Laughing gas/N2O) I'm not sure about though. I've had personal experience with mixing Heroin and N2O and it's really good, but I didn't notice any lowering of tolerance sadly! :\

Methadone's also an NMDA antagonist, but as we all know, it's an opioid so there's gonna be tolerance.**

*Anyone know if Grapefruit juice actually doesn't potentiate methadone? The reason been the two times I've used grapefruit juice and meth', the meth's not seems as strong as when I take it without the grapefruit juice! :\

**There is (If anyone can fish it out on PubMed) an article about lowering tolerance using Methadone (Cause of it's NMDA antagonistic properties) combined with morphine.

Last edited:
Phenergan even tho it should only potentiate because of its antihistimine properties goes beyond that. many will back me up. there is something more to antihistamines, ESPECIALLY w phenergan, than the sedation effect adding to the nod.

^ I'll second that. A lovely combo. :)

after attempting to make sense of that .PDF of CYP450 inhibitors, substrates and inducers, I dreamed of something similar to this, but with the addition of what NOT to take with x drug of choice, what would you call that, depotentiators? impotentiators? lol

Aight updated again with some of it...the shit that peeps werent sure about i left out but keep em comin guys :)

You wanna know what makes my shit more potent... and this may seem obvious but grapefruit and *drumroll* more of the drug... just my two cents K

euphoricnod said:
You wanna know what makes my shit more potent... and this may seem obvious but grapefruit and *drumroll* more of the drug... just my two cents K

Good Point...I think Bono would agree

Status
Not open for further replies.