• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaOdure

Bluelighter
Okay; sorry another one here. I'm interested in VALID and WORKING potenation techniques everyone uses out there to boost they're opiates.
You can include boosting opiates/opioids with more or other opioids; or other psychoactive drugs. But...

I'd prefer we focus on either opiate boosters, OR easily accessable, non-psychoactive chemicals. But all others are welcome aside from the obvious: pot, benzo's, alcohol etc. unless you've got something interesting to add.

Remember, include doses, time intervals, the substance, your tolerance and daily use, the experience, and other specifics! So be concise, to the point, and specific.

Pharmacological discussion is welcome and preferred! All you doctors, neurologists, and chemists are welcome too. Keep my use of big words in line =D

i'll go first:

i'm on 50-70 mg of dolophine or better known as methadone daily. I keep pushing up, so i'd love to be on over 100 mg, but i can't afford it right now.

I've very effectively been using cimetidine as a potenater. The drug, usually used for acid reflux, is safe in higher doses and is relatively easy on the GI tract and system.

Cimetidine comes in doses of 200 mg per pill; and are used once a day for its typical recommendation of acid reflux. But it has been used upwards of a couple grams for severe stomach problems in hospitals; including ulcer's. I found this on Rxlist, by the way.

Methadone peaks for me at about the t + 1.5 hr point from ingestion. And usually plateau's off at this time for another 2 hours. During this time i "load" on cimetidine. Dosing usually 800 mg at t + 1 hr every half hour or so for the next 2-3 hours.

Since Cimetidine is eliminated and metabolized by the same enzyme that metabolizes opioids, i usually wait for the methadone to realize its effect first; then take the booster to hinder my body in metabolizing it quickly.

The potenation effect of cimetidine is most certainly noticable IME. 800 mg will push the effects up, including the itch and nod, for about 30 minutes - 1 hour. And will certainly accumulate in the system to overall increase and lengthen the plasma levels of methadone in my blood; at least it seems so. i've never directly monitored by plasma levels.

Cimetidine does occupy the CYD enzymes that metabolize opioids (and other drugs) so be careful when using it. Liver toxcity is probably possible including jaundice, abdominal pain, and eventually cirrohsis of the liver; so use sparingly!

Cimetidine is readily available OTC. I recommend the generic version which clearly has "cimetidine" printed on it. It should be no more than $5 for at least 30 200 mg pills. Its also known as tagment HB but for a much higher cost.

who knew? tagment and opiates?

What's potenation or a potenater?

I'm just buggin you, "potentiate" :p

^ ^ ^
thanks, will edit =D

i'm a horrible speller. But somehow i can get the drug-one's right or pretty close.

diphenhydramine helps make the high a little more noddy if that is a word . i also have had luck with quinine. cimetidine as mentioned above works well also .

i'm on 75mg of methadone daily and its been about 14 months now since starting. i'd give anything to just once again feel that beautiful warm fuzzy happy feeling that only a hand full of percs can give me. i enjoy the little bit of a buzz i get from my daily meth dose but i find that if i take more or even double my dose it just makes me more tired feeling and it doesnt enhance the nice feeling that makes it enjoyable. know what i mean.. therefor the tiredness is just more of a niusence(sp).. maybe it would feel good if i drank all my 7 carries at once??

perhaps i'll try that cimetidine.. see if it works, and how it feels

i hope you were kidding about taking all seven of your carry home doses having to wait a whole week to get your next dose would suck to say the least thats if you made it thru 1190mg of methadone8o

in my experiance, the cimetidine does not make the high any better just a bit longer as cimetidine competes for the same enzymes that metabolize opioids ,diphenhydramine helps make the high a little less itchy and more noddy if that is a word . i also have had luck with quinine,for both making it stronger and longer .:\

be careful with vitamin supplements as some can burn thru your dose at a faster rate and precipitate withdrawal.:(

I was on 205mg of methadone daily for almost a year...mabye a good year actually, untill recently i decided to wean myself off, 5mg a week and right now i'm at 170mg a day, 1.5mg clonazepam 0.5mg 3x a day, and clonidine 0.1mg twice during the day in halfs and 1 and 1/2 at night, as well as newly prescribed baclofen a muscle relaxer 10mg 3x a day, all prescribed. I actually take more like 0.5mg-1mg clonazepam...around 120mg methadone a day and about 1 and 1/2 clonidines a day, b/c i save away drugs so i can get high as well about once or twice a month when ill do about 500mg methadone, 10mg clonazepam along with weed, which goes great, and if im not passed out and actually want to increase my high further ill take a bit of clonidine, under 0,1mg. I might/prob use baclofen in a combo too, i just got it a few days ago and only tried it 2ice. So more on that later...Unless u got a tolerence to methadone, u shouldnt try to potentete ur buzz. For the first 6-7 months on treatment, only methadone and clonazepam, sitill same dose clonazepam, methadone 100mg+ i nodded out hardocre every second, on chairs, sitting up that i had to be slapped awake MANY TIMES, burn holes from cigarettes smoked during these exact same nods, could have burned down the entire house MANY TIMES...all in all u won't need a potentator without tolerence :D

Grapefruit Juice works for me. It seems to increase the duration and make the high slightly better. Benzo's (although the only one I've ever tried with an opiate is xanax) works alright in my experience too. They tend to change the high a little bit but most frequently for the better.

Benzos just add the high of benzos to the high of opiates, it is not potentiation...

n°1 Opiate Potentiator: CLONIDINE (Catapres, Rx only)

take 0,1-0,3mg clonidine with your opiate and you will fell a stronger nod, a stronger rush (if you shoot the clonidine with your opiate, but BEWARE it's dangerous to shoot pills)

n°2 Opiate Potentiator: PROMETHAZINE (or DIPHENHYDRAMINE or any other sedative anticholinergic antihistamine)

with these antihistamines you get less side effects from opiates, and they potentiate the nod

^Since promethazine is not OTC most anywhere in the US, if anywhere, i'd like to point out to those who don't under what he wrote....you cant use Drammamine...i suggest BOTH types...take some of both kinds of drammamine..the yellow labled one and the purple. One is Meclazine Hcl, the other is blah i forgot how to spell it.

Dramamine is dimenhydrinate. Benadryl is diphenhydramine. Both should increase the tendencies to "nod" but not necessarily the euphoric effects. Both should also reduce any itchiness. In fact, if I don't take a small dose of Benadryl (or the OTC sleep medication Unisom, it is also diphenhydramine) I will start itching almost as soon as the heroin is up my nose and into my bloodstream, if it is any good. Furthermore, more often than not the stuff I find around a certian really-big midwestern urban area is cut with diphenhydramine in the form of "Dormin." It is used because the Dormin capsules contain a fine white powder that is easily used as a cutting agent. When I get stuff in anything greater than $10 bags (like, say, a gram), I usually get a few Dormin capsules "in case you want to cut it up, man." Needless to say, I don't want to cut it as I'll most certainly be doing it myself, and I would much rather snort the purer, tannish powder. The $10 bags are typically cut and therefore contain a much whiter powder, though the mix is so homogeneous it looks like it's all one thing. I do save a Dormin or two, nonetheless, as like I said before, it does help with the itchiness!

johnnyb420 said:
diphenhydramine helps make the high a little more noddy if that is a word . i also have had luck with quinine. cimetidine as mentioned above works well also .

For codeine diphenhydramine is about the only thing that has worked for me.

I also get a bad histamine reaction at high doses (blood red eyes, red face and neck and even hives sometimes) if I dont take a strong antihistamine and this prevents that too

Also, I'd like to mention that the tricyclic antidepressant / anti-OCD medication Anafranil (clomipramine) potentiates the physiological effects of opiates. I'm a weekend user, and typically I'll do a $10 bag to start off a day/evening with no problem. Back when I was on a daily dose of clomipramine, a similar $10 bag knocked me out so hard that I aspirated into my lungs and was completely passed out for a good 4-5 hours, waking up in the hospital. BE CAREFUL WITH OPIATES AND TRICYCLIC ANTIDEPRESSANTS!

might be naive but isn't there some danger of using clonidine with opiates...
I happen to have 50 or so tbs of them but never used them....

would they be something to take with any opiate? Any saftey advice or just watch the dosage... has this stuff been used by many for this reason.. I was given to me for detox long ago..

Grapefruit juice/orange juice seems to just make me more drowsy and i really can't tell if its psychosomatic or not.

Cimetidine is more effecient in prolonging the effects. Although i must add; there is a direct correlation between opioid dose and cimetidine dose. My methadone dose has shot up so high that it seems the cimetidine isn't as effective as it used to be.

And also just a bit to add: i never take cimetidine before my daily methadone dose. This b/c of cimetidine's acidic repressive effect; it may inhibit some absorption of methadone. I don't know of any scientific evidence for this; but i've had some anecdotal, personal experience with this.

fishman said:
Also, I'd like to mention that the tricyclic antidepressant / anti-OCD medication Anafranil (clomipramine) potentiates the physiological effects of opiates. I'm a weekend user, and typically I'll do a $10 bag to start off a day/evening with no problem. Back when I was on a daily dose of clomipramine, a similar $10 bag knocked me out so hard that I aspirated into my lungs and was completely passed out for a good 4-5 hours, waking up in the hospital. BE CAREFUL WITH OPIATES AND TRICYCLIC ANTIDEPRESSANTS!

Really? I've used elival (if i'm not mistaken, a tricyclic) numerous times for sleep when on opioids. But more often for withdrawal. The elival literally does wonders for sleep, the shits, and over all mood. And this is at 70 mg/daily of methadone! Granted i probably never have to go more than 48 hours till my next dose even in the roughest of times; so full w/d hasn't yet set in. But still, 50 hours w/o methadone is hell. So elival works magic; its better than immodium for eliminating the shits as well.

But back to poteniating--do you or anyone else have any other experiences w/ tricyclics and opioids? Positive ones preferably? And more specifically; with elival? I've never used it for poteniating my methadone, i've used while on methadone but not for this purpose--just for sleep.

Does anyone else have experiences with using quinine to potentiate? I love drinking tonic water and lately it seems to make my opiate high betters but im not sure...

I have great success with tonic water containing quinine. My usual routine for ingesting codeine is to take 50mg of diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and 1 gel capsule of Alka Seltzer Plus Night Time Cold about 30 minutes before taking the codeine and drink ~ a liter of tonic during the experience. This combination greatly increases the effects I achieve from codeine, though I am not sure how it may interact with other opiate-like drugs.
From opiods.org:
"Quinine and quinidine accentuate the buzz of opiates but only directly help with codeine metabolism by boosting the amount changed into morphine. Tagamet and grapefruit juice will weaken codeine substantially. The prescription antihistamine promethazine (Phenergan) helps out codeine even more, and is found with codeine in the Schedule V cough syrup Phenergan VC With Codeine. Quinine will tend to have its effect without impairing hydrocodone but does seem to burn off the buzz more quickly and may flatten the dose-to-response curve."

Status
Not open for further replies.