• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spor- That is a great site you posted. I found it a couple of years ago and it has been an excellent source of potentiation ideas/combinations. That site I believe would undoubtedly provide a good source for answers to a lot of questions I see here in this thread and all over OD. Nice work.

for methadone...i find that taking 800mg of Tagamet an hour before dosing..then 15-20 minutes later drinking a few glasses of pure grapefruit juice works the best...by taking the Tagamet before the grapefruit juice, you reduce the amount of acidity in your stomach which usually leads to a decrease in the amount of methadone that is absorbed

AlphaOdure said:
Really? I've used elival (if i'm not mistaken, a tricyclic) numerous times for sleep when on opioids. But more often for withdrawal. The elival literally does wonders for sleep, the shits, and over all mood. And this is at 70 mg/daily of methadone! Granted i probably never have to go more than 48 hours till my next dose even in the roughest of times; so full w/d hasn't yet set in. But still, 50 hours w/o methadone is hell. So elival works magic; its better than immodium for eliminating the shits as well.

I was prescribed Elavil (Amitriptyline) by the psychiatrist at my methadone clinic. While taking 60mg/day of methadone, I was taking 50mg of Elavil before going to bed every night... It definitely helped me achieve a more stable, restorative sleeping pattern, and (even if only indirectly) it seemed to help stabilize my mood.

morphonorconic said:
Spor- That is a great site you posted. I found it a couple of years ago and it has been an excellent source of potentiation ideas/combinations. That site I believe would undoubtedly provide a good source for answers to a lot of questions I see here in this thread and all over OD. Nice work.

Thank you and just so everyone knows here again is the link. It has so much information that is thrown all over this forum and its nicely packaged into one page of wealthy info :)) Njoy!

sp0r
%)

kratom luver said:
Is clonidine a good opioid potentiator?

You know, I like to use clonidine for withdrawls, I think it is too strong to use with opiods because it mostly just makes me want to sleep or your blood pressure can drop to dangerous levels. I would avoid it.

sp0r

kratom luver said:
Is clonidine a good opioid potentiator?

^^^ If Im not mistaken, Clonidine is an Alpha-Adrenic agonist and is used mainly to combat hypertension. It could be dangerous to mix with opioids, as certain opioids may induce hypotension anyway, therefore the risk of having dangerously low blood pressure may be heightened.

how well would tramadol potenate other opiates like oxycodone cuz oxy are expensive around were i live and i would like to spend a little less money to get that same nod

Ive found tramadol to potentiate opiates like oxycodone slightly, but not to any noteworthy extent. Tramadol is an atypical opioid, and a synthetic analogue of codeine. Maybe try DXM to potentiate you oxycodone, or one of the favored anticholinergics listed all over this thread.

I think nobody said it, but Coke (Coca-Cola) potentiates a little Codeine, at least for me. Proabably because its a carbonated drink (alcohol makes me very very groggy and its not enjoyable). I did also Diphenhydramine and Tagamet with my Codeine (I know, I know, but it seems Tagamet didnt "broke" the Codeine effects at all... on the contrary), and a lot of benzos, including Flunitrazepam.

Oh, and I ate some meat 3 hours before all this. I think eating its very important for any opiate trip, as long you wait at least 3 hours after the meal to take the drugs.

Question: What about the weird Modafinil? if benzos improves opiates high, Modafinil maybe too (it kinda works on GABA system, and .. a lot of other weird places).

benzos with muscle relaxant effects, preferably subtle benzos seem to work best for potentiation.

i realize this sounds silly, lol. but if DXM potentiates opiates and loperamide will potentiate kratom, wouldnt taking a dose of DXM an hour before loperamide, then kratom/misc. opiates 2 hours later make for a pretty solid buzz.

2nd on the cigs, diphenhydramine is always good but nothin gets me noddin like a couple cigs, unfortunatly it also seems to increase the nausea caused by opies

I never really smoke (maybe once a year) and if I smoke on alcohol it makes my legs go to jelly and I start nodding like opiates, no euphoria, but I get the same nodding sensation. Do you get increased euphoria from it?

calcium carbonate increases the amount of codeine converted to morphine in the liver, IMO. I grind up 4-6 400 mg pills with my pods, and it makes the tea much better. Also, tagamet 400 mg 1 hour before boosts it as well IMO. the tea is at least 1/3 more potent and longer lasting, IME.

calcium carbonate increases the amount of codeine converted to morphine in the liver, IMO.

No it doesn't, all it does is react with the acid in your stomach to make it less acidic, this might let you absorb more of the chemical, but I I really doubt it has anything to do with the conversion.

I think nobody said it, but Coke (Coca-Cola) potentiates a little Codeine, at least for me. Proabably because its a carbonated drink (alcohol makes me very very groggy and its not enjoyable).

I don't think Coca-Cola actually potentiates opioids in any way, but I do agree that when I am taking an oral opiate/opioid with Coke or any soft drink, it definitely kicks in much quicker and comes on stronger all together, as opposed to when I take it with water or whatever.

I cannot say this enough: Soma.

If I take 30mg of hydrocodone alone, I feel almost nothing.

If I take 25mg of hydrocodone plus one 350mg Soma, I feel like a king.

Status
Not open for further replies.