• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second what someone else said. Its obviously there lol it didnt disinagrate. I'd keep looking no matter how long it takes cuz 15 mg definatly isnt shit all

Woo, merged.

I FOUND IT! HA! well that other 15mg half was on thefloor next to the box, i searched for a good 20 min before, and I went back for seconds. I looked through all the shit in there, and I did find the whole 30mg pill but it was in some soggy shit mixed with cigarette ash... not about to eat that. So at least I found that other 15. I already crushed it and took it orally. Damn, kind of makes me wish i didnt plug the other 15mg 2 1/2 hrs ago. Think it will still add up to anything at all seeing as how I chose two different methods of doing it?

EDIT: I had a 7% abv beer maybe an hour ago when I thought I was SOL and I was only gonna have the 15mg that now happens to be in my ass. So now I have a little more at least and I'm happy for the time being. Let's see what happens, and I'll try not to think of how I lost my anal virginity to morphine tonight... there's a thought to get high on. heh

in my experience, white grapefruit juice doesn't really do anything noticeable to my methadone dose which is 100mg daily once a day.

I've tried drinking it before, after, and at the same time as my dose

cimetidine truly works for me though in prolonging the pain relieving effects. it seems to make the methadone a little more potent as well if I take enough. anyone else experienced with 'done and cimetidine or grapefruit juice?

Potentiating dilaudid

So yesterday I did a lot of reading up here on potentiating opiates. After a few hours of research and confusion, it seemed like the recipie would be to take a Claritin 45 mins before my opiate (to make it come on stronger) and a benadryl afterwards to make it last longer.

I've tried this twice now and while I def feel something different, it's like I don't feel the opiates come on at all.

Now I didn't see dilaudid mentioned specifically in the threads and how-to's, so can anyone with experince share some insight?

Thanks!

-> opiate potentiation mega thread

I would only use diphenhydramine hcl or doxylamine succinate to potentiate if needed.

What ROA are you using?

What I'd prefer would be anything that enhances the dilaudid experience!

Can you suggest any products that contain the ingredient you mentioned?

Ok I did some research and saw benadryl is basically what you seem to be talking about. Thing is, like I said in my first post, I tried Benadryl and when I plugged the dillies I never felt them come on. Wouldn't a potentiator increase the rush?

Also, I've been reading about antacids as a potentiator for opiates. Is this worth trying with dilaudid? How about Tagamet?

Thanks for helping out.

For the record - if you read this entire thread you'll see conflicting info like: Grapefruit juice for morphine or Codeine, Pepcid AC for Oxy etc. Then you'll see those two recipes reversed 4 threads down along with info saying if you take grapefruit juice withHydrocodone it will be inactivated.

I don't know about all this personally so I'm going to dabble a little with quinine, grapefruit juice, and Tagamet. That being said, I'm a moderate user of vikes, percs, and Tylenol 4, usually use all day 3-4 days a week or so. I wouldn't try ANY of this shit (or anything that even 1 poster said would potentially inactivate) if you are someone who gets power pills (Oxys, morphine, dilaudid, roxies etc.) at a semi-infrequent rate. I.e. if you do a 40mg Oxy once a month as a big thrill, don't risk fucking up your buzz.

I can say without exception: DO NOT attempt to "potentiate" normal beans, I.e. Vikes/Percs/Codeine with Benadryl (diphenhydramine). If you find someone who has 0 opiate tolerance and feed them two Benadryl you'll see why. Benadryl is (for most, but not all) people FAR stronger of a drug than mild painkillers cut with acetaminophen.

In other words, only use Benadryl on a buzz that has no risk of being overshadowed by it. The exception to this is if you're not really an opiophile and you just want to get faced. In this case just pop 5 Benadryl and leave the poor defenseless 10mg Oxycodone out of it =-)

I know nothing about Herion etc, but my guess would be that diphenhydramine could be a nice complement to it, having consumed 10 Benadryl for kicks one time.

I'm a purist when it comes to opiates, I would say it's sacrilige to pop any type of benzo if I have any kind of noticeable bean buzz going. I think of a potentiator as a normally inactive, mundane substance that has some kind of chemical action in the body to boost the quality or duration of a given opiate buzz.

In the course of writing this I ingested 12oz. Of white grapefruit and a Tylenol 4 (60 mg Codeine). There may be some potentiation going but I'll definitely drink more to be sure next time. I do think it's highly unlikely that the Codeine was rendered inactive as one person suggested.

Finally, and I can't believe that nobody mentioned this (in the 6 pages of the thread I've read) the two biggest potentiators I've ever come across are: FOOD and CAFFEINE. Food specifically used while on generic percocets, maybe 2.5 hours in as the buzz is starting to wane - boom! There it is again. Ok food is necessary for life, maybe it doesn't fit my very own description for a potentiator, but it works! A large hot coffee also works wonders, as does a large iced coffee.

To sum - don't use a stronger substance than the one you're trying to potentiate because you're just overshadowing the buzz usually.

If your bean supply is short and those 1-2 pills are all you're liable to get for a while don't fuck it up by ingesting something that could inactivate some of the goodies floating around in your body =-)

Use a process of trial and error to find out what works best for you and your body chemistry/tolerance!

****EDIT****

In the last few days i've taken Codeine (Tylenol 4) with Grapefruit Juice and then Cimetidine (Tagamet HB) with Morphine (Poppyseed Tea). Drinking Grapefruit Juice for Codeine seemed to draw the buzz out and make it last a little longer, but it definitely didn't heighten the feeling for me (though i did a really low dose of 60mg).

Taking 800mg of Cimetidine on the other hand really kicked the seed tea buzz into overdrive! However i do wonder now about the RISKS associated with potentiating opiates. I know that these things are not "Contraindicated" for use with opiates (i.e. really fucking bad to combine), but i hear rumblings that it's a really bad idea to be personally tweaking the enzymes of stuff in your body. Anyone have a rough idea of JUST how bad?

Last edited:
A question:

Will ranitidine (Xantac) work as well as cimetidine (Tagamet) for the purposes of opiate potentiation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranitidine

Both are histamine H2-receptor antagonists, and according to the wiki article above are closely related.

I ask because for me, ranitidine is easily available & very cheap, here in UK supermarkets sell generic ranitidine, a pack of 12x 75mg tabs costs about £1. 60.
At that price, obviously if its just as effective as Tagamet, then its on my shopping list=D

Anyone know? Thanks

I haven't a clue if Zantac will also work but I'd suggest just trying it out if it's only 1.60.

I've been plugging dilaudid for close to a year and decided to try potentiating to get a little more out of it. Based on the advice in this thread, I've tried benadryl and tagamet every possible way and it hasn't seemed to change anything.

Didn't get any higher nor did it last any longer.

Had some success with dxm, but it's hard to be sure if what I felt was the combination of opiates and dxm or just the dxm itself.

If anyone has any suggestions on dilaudid potentiation, please do speak up.

A question:

Will ranitidine (Xantac) work as well as cimetidine (Tagamet) for the purposes of opiate potentiation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranitidine

Both are histamine H2-receptor antagonists, and according to the wiki article above are closely related.

I ask because for me, ranitidine is easily available & very cheap, here in UK supermarkets sell generic ranitidine, a pack of 12x 75mg tabs costs about £1. 60.
At that price, obviously if its just as effective as Tagamet, then its on my shopping list=D

Anyone know? Thanks
Ranitidine doesn't work. Cimetidine or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.