• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnyb420 said:
i hope you were kidding about taking all seven of your carry home doses having to wait a whole week to get your next dose would suck to say the least thats if you made it thru 1190mg of methadone8o

in my experiance, the cimetidine does not make the high any better just a bit longer as cimetidine competes for the same enzymes that metabolize opioids ,diphenhydramine helps make the high a little less itchy and more noddy if that is a word . i also have had luck with quinine,for both making it stronger and longer .:\

be careful with vitamin supplements as some can burn thru your dose at a faster rate and precipitate withdrawal.:(

MONITOR CLOSELY: Methadone may cause dose-related prolongation of the QT interval. Coadministration with other agents that can prolong the QT interval may result in elevated risk of ventricular arrhythmias, including ventricular tachycardia and torsade de pointes, because of additive arrhythmogenic potential related to their effects on cardiac conduction. High dosages of methadone alone have been associated with QT interval prolongation and torsade de pointes. In a retrospective study of 17 methadone-treated patients who developed torsade de pointes, the mean daily dose was approximately 400 mg (range 65 to 1000 mg) and the mean corrected QT (QTc) interval on presentation was 615 msec. The daily methadone dose correlated positively with the QTc interval. Fourteen patients had at least one predisposing risk factor for arrhythmia (hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, concomitant use of a medication known to prolong the QT interval or inhibit the metabolism of methadone, and structural heart disease), but these were not predictive of QTc interval. It is not known if any of the patients had congenital long QT syndrome. MANAGEMENT: Caution is recommended when methadone is administered concomitantly with drugs that prolong the QT interval, particularly in the setting of chronic pain management or methadone maintenance for opioid dependency where high dosages may be employed, or if administered to patients with underlying risk factors. Patients should be advised to seek medical attention if they experience symptoms that could indicate the occurrence of torsade de pointes such as dizziness, palpitations, or syncope. If taking drugs that also cause central nervous system and/or hypotensive effects (e.g., psychotropic drugs like tricyclic antidepressants, phenothiazines, and neuroleptics), patients should be made aware of the possibility of additive effects with methadone and counseled to avoid activities requiring mental alertness until they know how these agents affect them.

Got some Rantitidine today. seems that i got some mixed info here on BL that Jamshyd says it potentiates http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=3758674&highlight=ranitidine#post3758674
but other say it doesn't even found some info saying it stops morhpine or someething. see here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1983158
How much DXM is everyone having and is everyone having it before.
Whats everyones timelines for there potentiation? I also think catapres clonidine works good but is really dangerous for people.

cimetidine over gj

I saw this :
Originally Posted by GETYAGUN!!11
wait, so according to fail fighter, grapefruit DOESN'T potentiate oxycodone?

I was wrong. I edited my post.

Hydrocodone -> Norhydrocodone via. CYP3Ax
Hydrocodone -> Hydromorphone via. CYP2D6

Oxycodone -> Noroxycodone via. CYP3Ax
Oxycodone -> Oxymorphone via. CYP2D6

Honestly, it sounds like grapefruit juice is the way to go for either opiate. By inhibiting the CYP3Ax enzymes, roughly 92% of the Oxy/Hydrocodone will convert to Oxy/Hydromorphone. That's incredible. And actually, inhibiting 2d6 sounds like a bad idea. It will ensure that all of the Oxy/Hydrocodone is converted to useless crap.

My advice: Drink GFJ by itself to ensure the highest levels of good metabolites, or take Tagamet in conjunction with GFJ to slow the metabolism completely. But don't take Tagamet by itself, because it's the least beneficial route.
15-10-2008 17:41
kadaj
Quote:
Heres my idea, just do drugs, because what I learned after I ate my 20 pill bottle of lortab (hydrocodone 10mg/325mg apap), I basically watched my high go bye bye because I wasnt laying down watching tv. Quit over thinking it people all you need is dxm diphenhydramine and cimetidine. Take anything else too sedating you're going to sleep through your high. And if you wanna get that hallucinating morphine kind of high, take 75 of dph and 75 of dxm and 400 of cimetidine and 20 of cyclobenzapril. You will be tripping your opiated nuts off. Its not safe otherwise to be playing games with ur liver enzymes. For example most people who are opiate addicts are hep c pos and u are harming your liver. I guess one thing that doesnt play on liver enzymes but rather direct influence on the locus coreleus on the brain to make u higher. But even that is dodgy cause u can fall out.
So far all I took was 75 dph 50 hydroxyzine 20 cyclon 2mg clonazepam, 20 cyclobenzapril (flexaril) and then washed down 20 lortabs (hydrocodone 10mg/apap 325 mg) .. I got this far in the thread an I have to lay down now. i got eye flickers and ithy as fuck andkeep seeing things out of the corner of my eye.. I still got 10 left for later. Does anyone know of hydroconde potentiating hydrocodone in later stages much like mdma does if you supplement it with more mdma 1.5 hours later and it potentiates and extends the trip. Anyone know anything about that. Ok im missing my favorite part the eye flickers the nod is next. Time to lay down and throw on a shitty movie so I can just listn to it and nod. be ez
sp0r adik
8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

Also I ate 200 mgs of hydrocodone yesterday. I had a very nice type of pill/ lortab 10/350. :D But Im kinda pissed, I followed alot of the potentiating guidelines when I really didnt need to and passed out early. I woke up a few times walking to the kitchen bouncing off the walls like a drunk.
sO imo only potentiate if you don have enough.

yo sp0r WTF are you quoting me for? i don't see where i typed any of that... for real. am i tripping?

Hey yall! Im pretty experienced in opiates and with a tolerance that could kill a fully matured alpha male elephant, when I try a potentiator, and I actually FEEL the results....I know it works...for sure. First of course the given ones, tagamet, grapefruit juice, promathezine (phenargen)...which to me, besides grapefruit juice, works ok, but nothing extremely noticed by an experienced opiate user. Promathezine quickly wears out as the same way your first 5mg lorcet messed you up, you simply need more for the same effects. Promathezine is cheap, easily obtainable from friends, parents, boss's, or few doc-office slip ups. For the average user it works great and if it potentiates too much, no nasea! lol....well I have been on my same dose of MSIR and MSER (MS=Morphine Sulfate) for about a year now and I recently stumbled (by accident) a huge potentiator for Morphine Sulfate users. I am not 100% certain if it works on all opiates or not.....this may need investigating:) and I totally volunteer myself! lol...in anycase I have been taking antioxidants the past few months and trying to get back in the gym routine. I was using an expensive brand that was 'supposed to be' the best. Well one day they were out so i bought some cheap stuff called, 'Protegra' and it just soo happens that I JUST came from the gym so my ankle, the reason I get my scripts, was throbbing and I took my medication(and maybe a few mg more;)... ) while simultaneously taking one protegra antioxidant. Now Ive been using pain killers for years, and I had my year of 8-10 lorcets 3 times a day, and the on again off again withdrawals and when i took a pain killer, it was for the buzz only.....well with severe will power, I only take what I am prescribed now, and that is all. It took alot of work to get there and im not going to f*ck it up by that 1-2 hr AMAZING buzz at the movies. MY current dose is 100mg Morph Sulfate PO 3x daily and breakthrough pain im armed with 30mg instant MS every 6 hrs or prn(as needed) and sometimes prn calls for me to take two if im in bad shape and even then I can barely feel that I took it, and a very very slight euphoria for a bit, kind of what you get when all you have left are Tylenol 3's after your perc 10 script is gone. In anycase if that gives me only a slight Euphoria then i cant imagine what I would need to get floored like I used to. Well that day i combined my daily meds and that new antioxidant....was like a blast from the past....all of a sudden out came the droopy eyelids and behind them, the red eyes. Talking to everyone like we were college room mates and Euphoria was just like I remembered, but ive been taking this same dose for a YEAR! How could I get high off of this when the last 364 days just helped with the pain? So I broke my 'not to take pills untill high' rule, and did some experimentation to see if I was on to something.
I tried the same thing the next day, daily meds and one anti-oxidant. This time empty stomach and a much more rapid onset but a few hrs later i got that 'damn I took way too many pills' stomach nasea. So if your going to do this, eat and maybe keep some phenergan handy, but use a low dose, dont potentiate a potentiator....or should you?! lol........ANYWAYS, it works everytime and to see what it would take to get me high without the antioxidant so I could kind of get an equivialent increase of the potentiator, I started popping. Now I could have taken more, but it would of been a waste of my valuable resource, and came up to somewhere around 130mg of Morph Sulfate orally; Roughly the same strength of an OC80 insufflated. So I was getting roughly the same high from taking HALF of what I actually needed to get high! It was a great find and works everytime! Now I do realize that morphine has very low bio-availability, so that could mean that Protegra simply increases absorption, or it could mean that protegra affected my Extended Release pills that I already had taken in the mornings by breaking down the extended release coating or mechanism......either way BECAREFUL and check it out! I have been taking antioxidants for years and Ive taken many many brands and this is the only brand that works...dont waste your money on others, I live in NC and I buy it at a hometown pharmacy. Its Called Protegra complete protection antioxidant with high lever of grape seed extract than any other brand...check it out and look foward to replys!

Kadaj said:
yo sp0r WTF are you quoting me for? i don't see where i typed any of that... for real. am i tripping?

Only that first line, asking about oxycodone and grapefruit juice, was yours. The other quote was from Fail Fighter (post 516)... sp0r just didn't use the quote function hence the confusion.

Sorry if this has been covered as I haven't read through the whole thread. I've found that Diphenhydramine potentiates Tramadol like no other (I know this may be obvious). However you need a good dose of Diphen say 50-150 and if taken before bed when tired you will have the best sleep and wake up feeling awsome.

Trams normally keep me awake but when I'm tired enough and I take a nice dose of diphen, I wake up feeling like I only just fell asleep and I jump out of bed with some much needed energy. I also don't have dreams if I dose as above which is kinda cool as it's like you fell asleep 5 minutes ago but feel 100% refreshed.

Again sorry if already covered, but I'm trying to give a dosing schedule that will benefit someone's sleep.

I recently tried Dihydrocodeine two days in succession over a weekend. The dosages were the same, about 200mg after allowing for some lost from a CWE. , The only variable I can think of is that that on the second day I drank a litre of fresh grapefruit juice beforehand, hoping to potentiate the experience.

In fact the second experience was noticeably less potent, any ideas?

Dancan said:
I recently tried Dihydrocodeine two days in succession over a weekend. The dosages were the same, about 200mg after allowing for some lost from a CWE. , The only variable I can think of is that that on the second day I drank a litre of fresh grapefruit juice beforehand, hoping to potentiate the experience.

Could be a very minor increase in tolerance. I know when I drink pod tea on the weekends I binge with it all weekend and the second day it takes me more pods to do the trick than the first. There are many other variables too such as what you ate before you took the DHC each time etc. Also I believe I have read that Ruby Red GFJ does not work. So make sure it wasn't Ruby Red.

I tried about a gram of Phenibut and 100mg of Benadryl tonight after some Dilaudid. After the initial rush was gone the nod was there and its nice.

hrm

Dancan said:

Im no genius but Im guessing your feeling more of the anticholinergic/antihistaminic effects of the diphenhydramine more than the actual tramadol. The mu agonist effects of tramadol are so small that I dont think there would be a synergistic potentiation there. And oh yes if taken in the right dose you can get a little opiate buzz off anticholinergics. There is a good write up about it on the net if you google potentiate and diphenhydramine youll come across it eventually :p I find that tramadol mixes with subutex for some reason but my guess is im not the only one and Ill stop beating the poor dead horse. Enjoy your benny's but dont eat too many or youll be delirious.

sp0r b0y

Actually it was dihydrocodeine that I tried.

The product tropicanas fresh 'golden grapefruit' juice may not be a white grapefruit, the most effective type, so if anyone knows whether or not it is, that could be useful.

Also, if anyone knows of any stores that stock fresh white GFJ in the UK, that would also be useful. It's surprisingly difficult to find in supermarkets or health food stores. I've only seen it online so far.

Just make it yourself, almost every supermarket sells white grapefruit here in Australia.

DXM? phenergan

johanneschimpo said:
^ For that dilemma you were speaking of here and on the previous page, about CYP inhibition and DXM, why not:
Step 1 take your DXM first, wait a bit before taking anything else. My reading says DXM--->DXO in 15-60 minutes, so its not too long to wait before you go on with...
Step 2 take cimetidine or whatever CYP2D6 inhibitor you prefer and follow that shortly with your opioid of choice. Quick, easy, and efffective. You got your DXM to metabolize to DXO, but then you inhibited 2D6 to slow the metabolism of your opioid. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...
Step 3 ENJOY!!!

It seems funny to me to go out of the way just for DXM metabolism, since its just a garnish on the main course of opiates, but if you really want to do it, that order would work just fine in getting you the best of both worlds. (DXM--->DXO & slowed metabolism of your opioid)

FailFighter: does that solve the problem?

Took some 75mg of promethazine about an hour before i had DXM 60mg of DXM going to takes some DHcodeine now wondering how this combo and time frame will effect high. Probably finish up night with some doxepin

Hmm, that's very time consuming and it didn't have much of an impact on codeine, but I guess it's worth a shot.

potential potentiators codeine and cocaine

tadfish said:
Took some 75mg of promethazine about an hour before i had DXM 60mg of DXM going to takes some DHcodeine now wondering how this combo and time frame will effect high. Probably finish up night with some doxepin

Codeine and dihy are way different opiates in the way they are metabolized. In any event, the DXM should help, it has been proven that DXM lowers if not resets tolerance to opiates, benzos, and some other drugs. Im not sure if you have to do a dissociative dose first, then come down and do your opiate, or if you can do a little bit then do your opiate. All I know is I was sick off Methadone Maintenance for almost 3 months. I couldnt take it anymore and I went online to find out how to help. I read the DXM faq by William White and he explained and referenced how dxm reduces tolerance and withdrawl. That was the first night I dex'd and the next day I was able to get out of bed and start functioning again.

There is some other odd aspects of codeine and dihydrocodeine in the way they are metabolized. There are differences in the way it is metabolized than oxy or hydro. There is an excellent article I read on boosting codeine oxy and hydro and all the things that potentiate. Ill try to find it for you. Here is a GOLDMINE for potentiation of different opiates. Deals with oxy, hydro, and codeine all differently. I might post this somewhere else on the forum as well because it is very detailed. I hope it helps.

sp0r

Cigarettes are the biggest potentiator of opiates for me, every time I smoke a cig I nod out hard and I do smoke every day so its not just the head rush. The only problem is that I almost always throw up after that cig :\

the_ketaman said:
Cigarettes are the biggest potentiator of opiates for me, every time I smoke a cig I nod out hard and I do smoke every day so its not just the head rush. The only problem is that I almost always throw up after that cig :\

I actually dont think I have any pieces of clothing without at least one cigarette burn hole in it. Those are from my heroin days. Remember dropping your smoke and swearing to yourself you wouldnt do it again? Two seconds later its melted half way through your couch, pick it up start over, you wont drop it this time!
hehe heroin is funny

sp0r
:p

Dude when i want to really potentiate opiates i take

Weed, Cigs, Grapefruit Juice, and maybe glass of wine or a small benzo dose...

pretty amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.